Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>I'm in 2033 in my long-term C-verse save, playing my own American fed, and I noticed that the A.S.N. just canceled both of RAW's television shows within a week of one another.</p><p> </p><p>

I've advanced about two months since then, and the AI has created a couple new annual events immediately after the dates in which they would have occurred (meaning a new April Friday Week 2 event generates on April Saturday Week 2, so it won't take place until next year). In the meantime, they're sitting there signing workers and losing popularity and cash. They just dropped from National to Cult.</p><p> </p><p>

While Australia has virtually no effect on my play, I'd hate to see a company just sit stagnant and fail because of an odd AI quirk. Should I change the AI setting away from TV focus, or create some events for them in the editor? Will they eventually create a new show? Any ideas why a broadcaster would cancel the TV shows of a company it owns, or how I might figure that out by exploring the editor?</p>

I'm in 2033 in my long-term C-verse save, playing my own American fed, and I noticed that the A.S.N. just canceled both of RAW's television shows within a week of one another.

I've advanced about two months since then, and the AI has created a couple new annual events immediately after the dates in which they would have occurred (meaning a new April Friday Week 2 event generates on April Saturday Week 2, so it won't take place until next year). In the meantime, they're sitting there signing workers and losing popularity and cash. They just dropped from National to Cult.

While Australia has virtually no effect on my play, I'd hate to see a company just sit stagnant and fail because of an odd AI quirk. Should I change the AI setting away from TV focus, or create some events for them in the editor? Will they eventually create a new show? Any ideas why a broadcaster would cancel the TV shows of a company it owns, or how I might figure that out by exploring the editor?

Cancelled or did the contract run out?

One reason they wouldn't get renewed is if they no longer meet the broadcaster specifications.

Check The A.S.N's Product preferences against RAW's current product. Also check the popularity preferences and production values against RAW's in your save.

Cancelled or did the contract run out?

One reason they wouldn't get renewed is if they no longer meet the broadcaster specifications.

Check The A.S.N's Product preferences against RAW's current product. Also check the popularity preferences and production values against RAW's in your save.

The news archive says "The A.S.N. have cancelled their broadcasting deal to show RAW Attitude!."

And then the same with RAW Turbo a few days later.

I did find that their current product is heavily Risque which A.S.N. doesn't go for, but that's the only major discrepancy from their original settings.

In the meantime, RAW has fallen all the way to Regional size, kicked out its CEO, hired someone new, and finally generated an event that's scheduled for later in the current month, so I guess they're going to try to turn things around.

The show ratings for my child company are way below the segment ratings. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

MEyG6Jf.png

When you finish the show the screen usually has notes on penalties (same screen that says things like "This show increased our popularity in X regions") that are bringing the overall grade down. It'll tell you if it's production issues, overusing certain workers, etc. I've never failed to deliver storyline content or a demanded match type, but I assume those would end up as rather large penalties in that space as well.

When you finish the show the screen usually has notes on penalties (same screen that says things like "This show increased our popularity in X regions") that are bringing the overall grade down. It'll tell you if it's production issues, overusing certain workers, etc. I've never failed to deliver storyline content or a demanded match type, but I assume those would end up as rather large penalties in that space as well.

That screen doesn’t come up for a child company, I’m afraid. Big penalties would explain it, but I don’t understand why the AI would incur big penalties every show.

It'll be production penalties. Child companies send all their profits and loss to you each month, so don't have the funds available to upgrade them very often. There's no way to upgrade them in TEW16, but in TEW20 you have the option to do that. :)

Wow, that's exciting news! I want several self-sustainable companies making me money each month, so higher ratings means higher profits!

-----------------

I'm doing a very slow build of a stable, including the introduction of several new characters. I've run the exact same 1 minute "Vignette: A dark and cryptic video plays utilizing demonic symbols and imagery" angle on every show for the last six weeks of television. How long do you guys usually go? How many weeks is too many weeks?

Wow, that's exciting news! I want several self-sustainable companies making me money each month, so higher ratings means higher profits!

-----------------

I'm doing a very slow build of a stable, including the introduction of several new characters. I've run the exact same 1 minute "Vignette: A dark and cryptic video plays utilizing demonic symbols and imagery" angle on every show for the last six weeks of television. How long do you guys usually go? How many weeks is too many weeks?

For the exact same video, six kinda sounds perfect, if not too many. In the game mechanically, it really doesn't matter.

-----------------

Depends on the angle I'm trying to run with the stable. Sometimes I just have them randomly debut in a 8-man Tag-Team match, sometimes I have them explode from out of nowhere. Usually I stop airing the vignette two or three shows before the debut, as to make the Debut more "shocking".

Kinda like Sanity's NXT debut

Do the e-mails from a worker that says "This other worker is super rad, push him" or "This other worker stinks, cut him loose" or such things actually tell you anything important that you need to know or are they mostly just personality based flavor?

I'm actually curious as well, because I've got conflicting messages from members of my roster at the exact same time. Some will say to write a low card guy off because he doesn't connect with the fans, whereas another worker will claim that he's awesome.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm actually curious as well, because I've got conflicting messages from members of my roster at the exact same time. Some will say to write a low card guy off because he doesn't connect with the fans, whereas another worker will claim that he's awesome.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Workers with negative attitudes will point out someones shortcomings.</p><p> </p><p> Someone with a positive attitude will point out what someone does well.</p><p> </p><p> So in that case, the worker they are talking about has low charisma, but is pretty good in the ring.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="enigma5007" data-cite="enigma5007" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love the idea of territories and titles assoiciated with it, but can someone explain how to get the champ to defend the title in your promotion? I've stumbled on it once, but cannot figure out how to get back to it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's been a LONG time since I've done it, but the process should be as simple as going to the "Alliances" menu in your office and using an alliance loan to borrow the champ. Then on your show you should be able to put the title up for grabs on the match screen.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kiheiji" data-cite="Kiheiji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>remind me, if a title vs title match ends in a DQ/count out do one of the titles change hands?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No it does not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the best way to get stamina up? I have an auto generated character who's stamina is only a 30</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The more matches he’s in the faster it’ll improve</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="enigma5007" data-cite="enigma5007" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love the idea of territories and titles assoiciated with it, but can someone explain how to get the champ to defend the title in your promotion? I've stumbled on it once, but cannot figure out how to get back to it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On the booking screen, on the left hand side one of the buttons will say aliance titles, there you can borrow champs.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kiheiji" data-cite="Kiheiji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>remind me, if a title vs title match ends in a DQ/count out do one of the titles change hands?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No; not as long as you add the "Cheap Finish" note.</p>