Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My top guys are suddenly losing popularity for no reason. I had my top on "insanely popular" (95-100) and now they are all "enormously popular" (91-95). I haven't had any of them lose in a major event and even if I have, I have kept them protected. The product is the same. The TV broadcaster is the same. I have had them lose on regular TV shows (to each other). The economy is 98* and falling however the industry is 48* and rising.<p> </p><p> Anything I am missing that justifies this?</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://i.imgur.com/B2RXQxi.png" rel="external nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/B2RXQxi.png</a></p><p> Here's Bryan Danielson's popularity change. I haven't had him lose a match since Week 3 of August. I have even had him beat all the other main eventers in major shows. I also have him in segments with other popular wrestlers. Yet he keeps falling. Same goes with the others but unlike Danielson, they have had some loses. So Danielson is the best example.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Actually falling like that might be due to a popularity cap on Daniel Bryan. Maybe a destiny roll that has his cap at less than 98 overness.</p><p> </p><p> Also make sure you're using the updated patch but this doesn't look like the issue the other person was having.</p>

<p>Hello </p><p>

I was wondering about these storylines, if I for instance, want to make an epic type Storyline that runs for a year between Bret and Shawn, so it starts at survivor series 95 and runs till survivor series 96, they won't always face each other because I'd put other wrestlers in and out of the story line, so Shawn could feud with diesel and Bret could feud with Owen and they'd both win those feuds. So eventually I have like Shawn and Bret really over generally and as major success during the storyline. So would the final match between Shawn and Bret be like undeniably a 100 rated match. I guess what I am asking here is, is that the sorta way to go about getting two guys into epic superstar kinda category.</p>

I understand a worker's backstage effect is not set in stone, but without any incidents involving them (or their friends, partners etc) I've had otherwise "neutral" workers become negative backstage influences, but never the other way round, neither negatives going neutral nor neutral becoming positive. Last show this went further, when my Road Agent apparently was no longer a locker room leader. I checked skill tracking, no loss in respect or reputation. Could it be a bug? I just can't get how they've lost leadership skills and the respect of the locker room out of the blue.

I understand a worker's backstage effect is not set in stone, but without any incidents involving them (or their friends, partners etc) I've had otherwise "neutral" workers become negative backstage influences, but never the other way round, neither negatives going neutral nor neutral becoming positive. Last show this went further, when my Road Agent apparently was no longer a locker room leader. I checked skill tracking, no loss in respect or reputation. Could it be a bug? I just can't get how they've lost leadership skills and the respect of the locker room out of the blue.

Does your road agent have negative morale?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does your road agent have negative morale?</div></blockquote><p> Quite the opposite, she's Happy</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SanX" data-cite="SanX" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any way to close your own devlopemental promotion?<p> </p><p> Thanks for answering in advance!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You just end the relationship with them. The owner you assigned will try to keep running it as its own promotion until they go bankrupt, but if they have a lot of money they'll be fine.</p>

<p>Hi ! I'm currently playing my first ever Total Extreme Wrestling career, with Ring of Honor, in the past I only played EWR. I have two main questions :</p><p> </p><p>

1) What are your advices in the development of a company ? I mean, above all, with broadcasting, and these king of things ? Currently, the only matter is to have a better time slot for my show, but I want some "goals" and "steps". I think the goal is to have a "ROH network" at the end, but the lower network would cost 12,000,000 dollars... and my benefits in the first two months are 75,000... so I would like to have a "guiding principle". And here in a line with my first question... what are youre advice to make money ? I can't keep making "only 75,000 dollars" months after months.</p><p> </p><p>

2) My goal, is to build "Super" INDY federation, with former superstars in TNA and WWE (Steen, Richards, Punk, Generico, Joe, Black...), current INDY stars (Cole, Buks, Omega, Sydal, Hero...) and build some new stars. Of course, I will have a huge roster, and one day I will need to split the roster. I have some questions about the draft : when I will have to do it, I don't want to use the "manual" way, I want some randomness in the draft (I guess it would be a complete draft). However, I want the draft to be balanced between the two brands, I mean the heel/face porportion, the main-eventers/upper-mid-carders/mid-carders/lower-mid-carders/openers proportion, to equivalent tag-team division etc... and how to do it ?</p><p> </p><p>

3) Third question I add, how to have the "numbers" in popularity, like in vbase's screen ?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks !</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="maxlanders" data-cite="maxlanders" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>3) Third question I add, how to have the "numbers" in popularity, like in vbase's screen ?<p> </p><p> Thanks !</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533791" rel="external nofollow">Iceisle skin</a> by Iceisle. The blue one. The numbers and grades come with the skin. However, there are other mods with other types of numbers and grades. Also there are some other skins you can try. Here's an extract from the mod index thread:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Graphical Mods</strong></p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533482" rel="external nofollow">Snoopy's Grades II</a> by FlameSnoopy</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533548" rel="external nofollow">Celt's Grunge Grades and Flags skin</a> by The Celt</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533932" rel="external nofollow">New USPW logo</a> by Clarity</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534033" rel="external nofollow">Letter Grades F- to A* instead of Numbers [small skins mod]</a> by FINisher</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533571" rel="external nofollow">Kamchatka's Logo Thread (TEW 2016)</a> by Kamchatka</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533481" rel="external nofollow">TOGG's Graphics - RW & Customs</a> by Togg</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534252" rel="external nofollow">Lightning Logos and Banners</a> by djlightning</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Skins & Loading Screens</strong></p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533543" rel="external nofollow">Sockpuppet's Skins - The Executive</a> by Sockpuppet</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533831" rel="external nofollow">TCS - Skin, Previews</a> by Bluestillidie00</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533792" rel="external nofollow">Charcoal office skin</a> by rage</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533791" rel="external nofollow">Iceisle skin</a> by Iceisle</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533711" rel="external nofollow">TEW 2016 - Skin Starter Pack</a> by Togg</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533863" rel="external nofollow">Effverse Loading Screens</a> by i_effin_rule</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HarryFandango86" data-cite="HarryFandango86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hello <p> I was wondering about these storylines, if I for instance, want to make an epic type Storyline that runs for a year between Bret and Shawn, so it starts at survivor series 95 and runs till survivor series 96, they won't always face each other because I'd put other wrestlers in and out of the story line, so Shawn could feud with diesel and Bret could feud with Owen and they'd both win those feuds. So eventually I have like Shawn and Bret really over generally and as major success during the storyline. So would the final match between Shawn and Bret be like undeniably a 100 rated match. I guess what I am asking here is, is that the sorta way to go about getting two guys into epic superstar kinda category.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Kind of.</p><p> </p><ul><li>Whether or not you actually document as a storyline won't matter much<br /></li><li>Booking them both to beat everyone else and culminate with a match against each other is going to make them both very popular<br /></li><li>There's no such thing as an undeniably 100 rated match<br /></li></ul><p></p>

<p>Can you not force someone to change from Semi-Active Wrestler to Active Wrestler during a save?</p><p> </p><p>

I've tried changing Troy Murdoch/Ross Henry in a save from Semi-active, occassional wrestler to active, full time wrestler. It works but in his profile he is still listed as a Semi-Active wrestler.</p><p> </p><p>

Am I missing something?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you not force someone to change from Semi-Active Wrestler to Active Wrestler during a save?<p> </p><p> I've tried changing Troy Murdoch/Ross Henry in a save from Semi-active, occassional wrestler to active, full time wrestler. It works but in his profile he is still listed as a Semi-Active wrestler.</p><p> </p><p> Am I missing something?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you edit his contract from semi-active wrestler to active?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did you edit his contract from semi-active wrestler to active?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was the issue. Thanks Snoop.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When creating a developmental territory, what affect does the popularity have? Does it affect the rate at which workers will develop or does it affect whether some workers above a certain popularity will not sign a developmental contract?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whether or not a given worker will sign a development contract depends on the worker, age, developmental level, and personality. Your company size as the parent company may factor in, but not the child company. </p><p> </p><p> The size of the child company affects the visibility. A bigger company will help the developmental talent somewhat by making popularity gains more significant. A bigger developmental company will also run bigger shows, using more of the talent. And there is the possibility that a bigger developmental company will look to get a broadcast deal with you having to set one up. </p><p> </p><p> Honestly, I used to open up the biggest developmental company I could afford. Now I open up 2 or 3 at the smallest size. Obviously depends on the product and the quality of the prospects. But I've found that if you can stock those companies with 15-20 good prospects, the companies grow quite well over time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whether or not a given worker will sign a development contract depends on the worker, age, developmental level, and personality. Your company size as the parent company may factor in, but not the child company. <p> </p><p> Honestly, I used to open up the biggest developmental company I could afford. Now I open up 2 or 3 at the smallest size. Obviously depends on the product and the quality of the prospects. But I've found that if you can stock those companies with 15-20 good prospects, the companies grow quite well over time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Other than signing people to developmental contracts, is there a way to stock companies? I've been assuming it's mostly laissez-faire, outside of booker and owner.</p><p> </p><p> Another thing about size is that it has so far seemed to me that bigger companies can hire better talent. So, I have a small dev league and then a regional dev league that I've been using as a kind of graduation in hopes that people will start at the small league, once they hit ME go to the regional to keep getting more skill.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Speaking of development, I know that workers can get unhappy about being stuck down there, as they feel they won't improve anymore. But what if you send someone "down there to work"? Can they become unhappy too, and request being brought up?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know how common it is, but people I've sent to work and to train have both requested to come back. Much less frequently than the people training, though. I've had people I've sent to develop send 3 emails a week (even if they still have 5 skills that can be seriously improved. Shut up, Killer Shark.) whereas people working or training only seem to ask to be brought up every month or so</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Other than signing people to developmental contracts, is there a way to stock companies? I've been assuming it's mostly laissez-faire, outside of booker and owner.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll hire good workers with low popularity "to work down there" ala a sami zayne who never needed to be developmental but didn't have the wwe widespread possibility. But if you set it to child company they'll go about hiring their own workers to fill in the holes.</p>

I'm trying to decide upon if I want this.

I'm coming from playing the WMMA series. As it relates to the WMMA series, is this better or worse of a game?

I'm a wrestling fan that really doesn't watch wrestling at all anymore. But I still like the games and sims.

try the free demo