GloryVerse TEW 2016 - Mod Submissions

http://i.imgur.com/2q45I1s.png

!Warning, Long Post!

Since this sub forum just started up now, I thought to start this right off with the mod we are working on for TEW 2016, The GloryVerse!

This is a mod for the people and by the people, with the workers involved entirely made up by the TEW community! We look to continue this trend, as I enjoy that idea very much.

The mod originally had plans to start in January 2013, but we have changed it to 2016, to fit the release of the new game. All the previous bios that are outdated, will be updated for the new game.

We have filled out most of our promotions, and we have 50 of them. Most of them already have a little description at this thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531839

As well as some being in this one.

You will also find all workers who were submitted before this thread was started.

The thread itself isn't as updated as we would like it to be though, as it's author isn't as active as before. I will soon make a thread where I will give each promotion a little description so people will know what to submit to them, and to make hype for the mod of course!

Currently the mod contains over 1300 workers if my memory serves me correct, but we are looking to achieve 2500-3000 workers, which can't happen without your help! :)

How do you submit workers you may ask? Well you can just use my template if you want:

Name:

Size:

Nationality and complexion:

Active areas (where the person can sign):

Home area/region (where the person is from):

Appearance/Comparison in real life:

Style:

Finisher:

Company(ies) currently working for:

Bio (give a short backstory to the character):

You may also add additional info if you think it would fit, stats don't need inclusion as we would like to do that ourselves

:)

*Note* Please don't make your submissions "Main Players" as we already have most of them figured out, if you have a cool idea for a main guy, feel free to pitch it to either me, Kitarzu or LastQuincyDCE (absent currently), and we can consider it. Also, don't make any real life links like using brands or naming real life people in bios, feel free to make up your own stuff though!

We have a Google Document where we have put down all the workers, I will link it here, and anyone with the link can see and comment, if you see any blatant errors, report them to us.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17U4Js_xCgtC_H_Qii8QrJM4IwAcePfeYYCWp1yfcWRE/edit?usp=sharing

By looking at the document, it will also be easier to see what each promotion needs, and you can look each worker up by searching in the previous thread (linked earlier), or in this thread.

Currently we are hoping for a release sometime in the first half of 2017 as this will be a huge mod, and the people involved in making it are not so experienced with making mods, this will be a learning curve for everyone here!

We are currently looking at people to do logos, renders etc. if you think you have the time and willpower to do that, contact me or Kitarzu by PM, or on the Google Document.

Currently in our team we have me, Kitarzu, LastQuincyDCE, kanegan, FellaLibby, Chikbot, LucianCarter, TsuMirren and fabioman3 as main admins, with others currently working closely, or who have worked with us closely.

Renderer:

Logo Makers:

Mootinie

K-Nection

Alt Makers:

Iceisle

Thank you to Ieffinrule of the Effverse as well for giving us access to use his work! Ueffinrule :D

Some names I want to point out and thank for helping a lot thus far are:

Cro Cop Rules (who started the mod)

Big Mark Smark

Thanks for reading, and we would love many contributions to this!

Morti

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the promotions!

Workers needed for each roster to be complete!

USA

Global Championship Wrestling (GCW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Art Of Wrestling (AOW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Elite Grappling Organization (EGO): ROSTER COMPLETE

American Wrestling Alternative (AWA): ROSTER COMPLETE

New York City Combat (NYCC): ROSTER COMPLETE

Wrestling House of Fun (WHF): ROSTER COMPLETE

Riot Act Wrestling (RAW): ROSTER COMPLETE

West Coast Wrestling (WCW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Lethal Athletic Ladies (LAL): ROSTER COMPLETE

EPIC Wrestling (EPIC): ROSTER COMPLETE

Lone Star Wrestling League (LSWL): ROSTER COMPLETE

New Blood Pro Wrestling (NBPW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Great Lakes Grappling (GLG): ROSTER COMPLETE

Legendary Wrestling Entertainment (LWE): ROSTER COMPLETE

Canada

Championship Wrestling From Canada (CWFC): ROSTER COMPLETE

LIVEWIRE Wrestling (LIVEWIRE): ROSTER COMPLETE

Canadian Combat Corporation (CCC): ROSTER COMPLETE

Talent Showcase - Wrestling (TSW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Definitive Universal Daring Experience! (DUDE!): ROSTER COMPLETE

Mexico

Primera Lucha Libre (PLL): ROSTER COMPLETE

Guerreros De Mexico (GDM): ROSTER COMPLETE

Ecstatic Sexy Comedy (ESC): ROSTER COMPLETE

Extreme Lucha Libre (ELL): 1 road agent. ONLY MEXICAN WRESTLERS

Europe

Intense Theatrical Action (ITA): ROSTER COMPLETE

German Xtreme Xperience (GXX): ROSTER COMPLETE

Absolute Swedish Wrestling (ASW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Romanian Fighting Combat (RFC): ROSTER COMPLETE

French Pro Evolution (FPE): ROSTER COMPLETE

Hrvatski Kombinacija Hrvanja (HKH): ROSTER COMPLETE

Exclusive Weird World (EWW): Mod Exclusive, 6 wrestlers

British Isles

Stand Up Wrestling (SUW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Gold Standard Grappling (GSG): ROSTER COMPLETE

British Wrestling Alternative (BWA): ROSTER COMPLETE

Scottish Fierce Wrestling (SFW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Hibernia Brawl League (HBL): ROSTER COMPLETE

Japan

Grand Style Puroresu (GSP): ROSTER COMPLETE

World Mountain Wrestling (WMW): ROSTER COMPLETE

BUSHIDO FC (BUSHIDO): ROSTER COMPLETE

Ichiban Nihon Puroresu (INP): ROSTER COMPLETE

Blood Sport Fighting (BSF): ROSTER COMPLETE

Blade Professional Wrestling (BPW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Joshi Pro Wrestling (JPW): ROSTER COMPLETE

FEVER Joshi Wrestling (FEVER): ROSTER COMPLETE

Puroresu-1 (P-1): ROSTER COMPLETE

Australia

Pacific Wrestling Union (PWU): ROSTER COMPLETE

God Zone Wrestling (GZW): ROSTER COMPLETE

Suntan, Blood and Light Tubes (SBL): ROSTER COMPLETE

Dead And Alive (DAA): ROSTER COMPLETE

MATILDA: ROSTER COMPLETE

Kings Of The Ring (KOTR): Mod Exclusive, 8 wrestlers

(Mod Exclusive means that the promotion is a personal project for one of the moderators)

COMPANY RELATIONSHIPS

ALLIANCES

WEC - Wrestling European Council: ITA - GXX - ASW - RFC

PXA - Pro Extreme Association: RAW - BSF - BPW - FEVER - DAA - ELL

LFGL - Legitimate Female Grappling League: LAL - JPW - MATILDA

At War

AOW - GCW

DAA - SBL

BSF - SBL

BPW - SBL

RAW - SBL

Hostility

PWU - GZW

GDM - ESC

FEVER - SBL

ELL - SBL

ITA - FPE

Parent company

AOW - NBPW

GCW - GLG

Working Agreement

CWFC - EGO

GSG - HKH

SFW - HBL

BSF - BPW

FEVER - ELL

BWA - SBL

JPW - LAL

JPW - MATILDA

LAL - MATILDA

Non-Aggression Pacts

KOTR - PWU

KOTR - GZW

KOTR - DAA

KOTR - MATILDA

KOTR - SBL

RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS

In General

We will give you a specific focus for areas or companies. Please check the promotion list on the second post of this thread and the google document to verify if the goals are reached. Announcements will follow in thread.

About likeness and finishing moves please use the search function stated in thread or in the google document using the controls CTRL+F (for Windows users) or CMD+F (for iOS users). We can't have half of the roster use the same finisher or have an army of clones.

Stay between the minimum and maximum number of as indicated in the roster breakdown for each company.

If a wrestler hold a non wrestling role, he/she could be only a manager as secondary role.

A non wrestler can have multiple roles, but please indicate which one is predominant.

Don’t add nicknames into the worker’s name. While it looks cool, adding a moniker will risk to not have the complete written name into the game. Use the nickname to give more flavor to your submission.

While adding a worker in the google document, please place him/her at the bottom of the list for respective role. Putting on the top or in the middle of the list doesn’t mean this will be his/her final position on the roster. Pushes will be added later.

We like to see varied and creative names (not too crazy), so we would prefer not to have to many "same-y" names. Already having a lot of Mexican workers with "El" in front of their names, this is something that can become irritating.

No more Free Agent male American wrestlers.

No more clowns

No more ancient romans/gladiators

No more male dancers.

No more fabulous/camp characters.

NO MORE GIANTS

We prefer to complete the company rosters first, but that doesn't mean you can't submit free agents or future workers!

While creating a future worker, please state month and year of debut.

A worker must be at least 16 years old.

An active wrestler cannot be older than 45 years, when the relevancy age trait kicks in, except for few notable exceptions. (From the database: This is the age at which the worker finds himself too old to be really relevant; after this many of his entertainment skills will start to decline as he is out of touch and too old to be seen as cool. Please note that this value cannot be altered once a new game has been started.)

For Regional or Below Companies

Every company should have one Announcer, Color Commentator, Referee and Road Agent, unless is specified by bios. 2 people working for this kind of job usually cause a spray of firings by AI.

Every company should have exclusively one Announcer, Color Commentator, Referee and Road Agent. This avoid situations with promotion holding shows on the same day with the lower company missing a key player of its roster.

For child companies, only wrestlers and managers can have developmental contracts. Owners and head bookers are non wrestlers.

To give an example on how a worker can look finished, here is one of my newest creations, submitted to the former thread:

Name: Cam Verity

Size: Lightweight

Nationality and Complexion: United States, White

Active areas: USA, Canada, Japan

Home area/region: USA

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Paul London with short hair

Style: Cruiserweight

Finisher: Vertical Leap (Standing Corkscrew Moonsault), Vertical-Rana (Tilt A-Whirl Headscissors)

Company(ies) currently working for: GCW

Bio: Cam "Verticality" Verity is one of the greats in a pretty exciting cruiserweight division in GCW. An exciting spot monkey, Cam can also take it to the ground to use his technical skills. The problem with Cam is like how it is with many cruiserweights, being exciting in the ring, but flat on the mic and not being great to tell a story in the ring. "Verticality" is still one of the more promising players on the GCW roster though, as he has potential to grow.

A staple of the AOW Midcard

Name: Big Boss Burke

Size: Big Heavyweight

Nationality and complexion: United States, Black

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Mark Henry

Style: Brawler

Finisher: Boss Slam (World's Strongest Slam), Burke Splash (Body Splash)

Company(ies) currently working for: AOW

Bio: Big Boss Burke is a mean man, a man you don't wanna mess with. Standing 6'2'' and being 400 pounds, it seems impossible to move him to the ground. Being the "Baddest man in AOW", wrestlers usually get tried up against Big Boss before moving further up the card. Xavier Zardando had a famous feud with Big Boss that ended in a last man standing match, where Zardando just managed to get up at 9 in a match of the year candidate. If not stopped by new talent, Big Boss may eventually power himself up the card himself.

Name:Logan "Big J" James

Size: Heavyweight

Origin: Welsh (White)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: simular to Batista but with a shaved head and a black goatee

Style: Entertainer

Finisher: Dragon Slam (Last Ride style powerslam)

Bio: Former mma fighter turned pro wrestler

And his Manager

Name:Lola James

Size: Small

Origin: Welsh(White)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: simular to a mix of Barbie Blank and Emma with long blonde hair blue eyes

Style: Non-wrestler(Manager)

Bio: A former glamour model who jumped to the wrestling inderstry with her boyfriend John "Big J" Johnson

Name: Jamie T

Nationality and complexion: English, White

Appearance/Comparison in real life: http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/thumbs-600/4eb21ac129noam-dar.jpg

Finisher: Curb Stomp

Company(ies) currently working for:

Bio (give a short backstory to the character): Jamie T was born in 1992, and began training as a professional wrestler in early 2014. He is known for his hard hitting, brawling style. He may not be the most technically sound wrestler, but his resiliency and his ability to take damage from his opponent and stay in the fight, makes him a dangerous competitor to go up against.

Hey, I love this idea! I came up with something, but I don't know if it's the sort of thing you're looking for...

Name: Haru Hirata (working as "The Blue Tiger")

Size: Middleweight

Nationality: Japanese (Asian)

Real Life Comparison: Keiji Mutoh (The Great Muta)/ Satoru Sayama (Tiger Mask)

Style: Japanese Junior

Finisher: Springboard Moonsault

Company: Championship Wrestling from Canada (CWFC)

Bio: Hoping to make a name for himself in North America, where he can more easily stand-out, Hirata is extremely driven and serious. Popular with the kids for his brightly coloured Mask & Cape combo, he hopes to impress management by putting on crowd-pleasing performances on the undercard.

Additional Info: Sprinkle a dash of '86/'87 Sting in there as well.

My mind's been racing all day with ideas...

Name: Vladimir Vetrov (working as "King Drago")

Other Alter Ego: "Peter the Great"

Size: Giant

Nationality: Russian (White)

Real Life Comparison: Vladimir Kozlov/ El Gigante (Giant Gonzales)

Finisher: The Claw

Company: World Mountain Wrestling (WMW)

Bio: Vetrov's rookie year is something he'd rather forget. The seven foot three beast of a man was brought into Global Championship Wrestling (GCW), let on TV when he was green as grass, overexposed and, then, immediately let go.

He was ready to leave wrestling altogether but was convinced to give it another shot by World Mountain Wrestling's (WMW) booker. Now working in Japan, he's been paired up with Takeshi Goto in an odd-couple tag team to hide his floors.

Additional Info: I'm thinking, he's good for a hot tag, but little else. A higher ceiling than El Gigante but a lower floor than Kozlov.

Name: Takeshi Goto

Size: Middleweight

Nationality: Japanese (Asian)

Real Life Comparison: Shinjiro Otani/ Ricky Morton

Finisher: Shining Wizard

Company: World Mountain Wrestling (WMW)

Bio: As a solid junior, lacking in charisma and with no "it factor", Goto was on the chopping block as his initial contract came to an end. The decision to pair him up with recent signing King Drago, however, has struck gold as they appear to bring the best out in each other. Despite having a long way to go, Goto has found a new lease on life as a face-in-peril.

Additional Info: N/A

I don't know exactly how far you want regular posters (not involved with constructing the mod) to take things, but I also have a few submissions that could, potentially add to the lore. If you've already got it figured out in that regard, though, I'll understand.

Name: John Lackland, Jr.

Size: Heavyweight

Nationality: English (White)

Real Life Comparison: Nick Bockwinkel/ Jack Brisco

Style: Regular

Finisher: Figure Four Leglock

Company: Elite Grappling Organisation (EGO)

Bio: A very popular worker, in his time, Lackland spent a significant chunk of his career in Global Championship Wrestling (GCW), where he tore it up as a big-bumping heel on the upper mid-card. He tried to mask his decline, as he entered his fifties, working a lighter schedule in Japan for Grand Style Puroresu (GSP), but soon left for the Elite Grappling Organisation (EGO), seemingly accepting that he can no longer hover around the main event, acting as a gate-keeper of sorts for talent that management is considering pushing.

Additional Info: I'm thinking that he should have a manipulative personality as part of him still yearns for the spotlight.

Name: John Lackland, Sr.

Size: Light Heavyweight

Nationality: English (White)

Real Life Comparison: Buddy Rogers/ Johnny Saint

Style: Regular

Finisher: Piledriver

Company: Championship Wrestling from Canada (CWFC)

Bio: A legend of British wrestling and the patriarch of the Lackland family (real name: Smith), John became most notable for his retirement match in 1982, a broadway with the reigning GCW World Champion, which was the first match to ever receive the coveted five-star rating from infamous wrestling pundit Martin Cutler.

His taste for the North American scene, kept him around for a few years, helping get his son hired and coming back for a number of "special return" matches, here and there. In the early nineties, he left wrestling, moving to Canada to live in the countryside with his wife, but he was never one to leave the sport for good and he's recently resurfaced as a road agent for Championship Wrestling from Canada (CWFC) after injecting a significant amount of capital into the promotion.

Additional Info: I was envisioning a monster psychology rating, but the statistics are your game.

Name: Cody Lackland (working as "Everett Wilder")

Size: Light Heavyweight

Nationality: American (White)

Real Life Comparison: Erik Watts/ Cody Rhodes

Style: Cruiserweight

Finisher: Superkick

Company: West Coast Wrestling (WCW)

Bio: A good worker haunted by past failure, Cody was given a mega-push early in his career as part of his father's deal with Grand Style Puroresu (GSP). His greenness, along with the blatant nepotism of it all, led to a fierce fan backlash. He left along with his father, but didn't go to the Elite Grappling Organisation (though the offer was on the table, on the condition that he wrestled under a mask). Instead, after a few years of soul searching, he dyed his blonde hair black and tried to reinvent himself on the independent circuit as daring high-flyer. Most fans recognise him as the infamous "Cody Lackland" but he's been winning people over in recent months after an initial blow-away feud in West Coast Wrestling (WCW).

Additional Info: N/A

Name: Gracie Lackland (working as "Battle Cat")

Real Life Comparison: Cooga/ Arisa Nakajima

Finisher: Piledriver

Company: Global Championship Wrestling (GCW)

Bio: Cousin of the maligned Cody Lackland, Gracie has a promising future ahead of her. Her thunderous rookie year restored the Lackland name to its former glory amongst fans of the American independent scene and amongst Joshi fans. She was snapped up almost immediately by Global Championship Wrestling (GCW), after that, to bolster their newly created women's division.

Due to the acrimonious circumstances under which her uncle left the promotion, however, she was repackaged under a mask and without her family name.

Additional Info: The mask is pink and white, she has tassels on her outfit.

Tag Team: Black & White

Experience: 100

Promotion: PLL

Tag Team Finisher: Grim Memories (KRS ONE), Grimmer Memories (KRS TWO) - uber finisher

Kevin Black

Size: Big Heavyweight

Appearance/Real Life Comparison: Half face painted in black (appearance like Scout of C-verse)

Finisher: Blackhole (Cradle facebuster)

Bio: Part of the hottest tag teams of recent years, Kevin Black is an American brawler. A big heavyweight in terms of build, he likes to overwhelm opponents with big power moves, his finisher almost certain to bruise them. He started out in LIVEWIRE Wrestling forming the tag team Black & White with Austin White which went on to become the most popular act. Having enjoyed 3 tag reigns, they were firmly placed in the top echelons of the roster before Austin Maxwell proposed a crazy feud between the two involving an incestous relationship with their manager, Jennifer Black who also happened to be the real life sister of Kevin. Incensed at this, Kevin and Jennifer quit the company and Austin followed suit. They were the subject of one of the most scorching bidding wars between CWFC and PLL. Finally all the three were snapped up by PLL where they have stayed ever since. Kevin is already a double champion having won the tag and Heavyweight titles in PLL and they are set to become major aces in PLL's ranks.

Austin White

Size: Big Middleweight

Appearance/Real Life Comparison: Half face painted in white (appearance like Guide of C-verse)

Style: Brawler with great technical skills

Finisher: White Justice (Hangman's clutch)

Bio: Part of the hottest tag teams of recent years, Austin White is an American brawler. A big middleweight in terms of build, he likes to deliver pain with a variety of holds and locks at his disposal . He started out in LIVEWIRE Wrestling forming the tag team Black & White with Kevin Black which went on to become the most popular act. Having enjoyed 3 tag reigns, they were firmly placed in the top echelons of the roster before Austin Maxwell proposed a crazy feud between the two involving an incestous relationship with their manager, Jennifer Black who also happened to be the real life sister of Kevin. Incensed at this, Kevin and Jennifer quit the company and Austin followed suit. They were the subject of one of the most scorching bidding wars between CWFC and PLL. Finally all the three were snapped up by PLL where they have stayed ever since. Austin is already a double champion having won the tag and Middleweight titles in PLL and they are set to become major aces in PLL's ranks.

Jennifer Black

Size: Big Lightweight

Appearance/Real Life Comparison: Cobie Smulders

Style: Non- wrestler/manager

Other details: Great at mic, excellent sex appeal

Bio: Managing one of the hottest tag teams of recent years, Jennifer Black is a beautiful looking manager from America . Managing the uber popular tag team, Black & White in LIVEWIRE Wrestling, they enjoyed 3 successful tag reigns before Austin Maxwell proposed a crazy feud involving an incestous relationship between Jennifer and Kevin, who also happened to be the real life brother of her. Incensed at this, Kevin and Jennifer quit the company and Austin followed suit. They were the subject of one of the most scorching bidding wars between CWFC and PLL. Finally all the three were snapped up by PLL where they have stayed ever since. She has since made both of them a double champion in PLL and future looks bright for the trio.

One of the renowned trio with lot of history in Canada who now happens to be aces of PLL. Hope this trio suits the roster.

Name: El Rey Tijuana

Size: Small Lightweight

Nationality: Mexican

Appearance/Real Life Comparison: mask like this http://i65.tinypic.com/2dkk678.jpg

Style: Luchador/Spot Monkey

Finisher: Tijuana Special (hurricanrana driver from ladder most of times)

Bio: Vitor Huracan is a luchador from Tijuana who was given the title El Rey Tijuana after he won 5 straight annual underground lucha libre tournaments in Tijuana. Seeing the potential he holds, PLL scouts snapped him up for their roster before somebody else could come along. Adopting the title as his ring name, he made a strong mark on his debut when he delivered the Tijuana Special from top of a 30 foot ladder on the El Pachucos. A real daredevil with the aerial spots, he guarantees big pops from the crowd everytime he is performing but his aura has waned off somewhat considering the depth of PLL where he is no more than a solid midcard. He has one trios title to his name alongwith Legendario Jr. and Garuda.

OK, here is Primera Lucha Libre, PLL, the family who owns it, The Torres and two key wrestlers.

A few earlier submission will need some adjustments. WARNING WALL POST!

Promotion

Primera Lucha Libre

Primera Lucha Libre is the oldest promotion in the world, founded in 1922 by the Mexican tycoon Alfredo Torres. PLL provides the most traditional lucha libre, with colorful characters and strict kayfabe. Its influence on the wrestling has been great introducing new industry concepts like promotion owned arenas, hexagonal ring, two out of three fall matches, multiple man bouts and championship titles by weight classes. Always the first Mexican promotion in terms of workrate, PLL has survived many scares, most famously the death of twin brothers Pablo and Pedro Torres. Under the firm hand of Rodrigo Torres and the extraordinary performances by El Celeste, PLL returned as the driving force wrestling force in Mexico, after a few years of GDM dominance. Looking forward to expand its influence in the rest of North America, PLL in June 2015 launched its own subscription service, Estreno.

Product: Original Lucha Libre (Key Feature Lucha Libre and Traditional, Low Mainstream, Comedy, Modern, Realism, Pure, Daredevil)

Intensity/Danger: 30%/20%

Women’s Wrestling / T&A / Face-Heel Divide/ Weight Split: No / No / Yes / No

Match types for events/ratio: 70-10-10-5-5 / 80%

Match types for TV/ratio: 60-15-15-5-5 / 70%

Size: High National in Mexico

Opened: May 1922

Main Show: PLL Noche Primera, Saturday, Week 2, May, Legendary Show

La Primera Arena

La Primera Arena is the official home of PLL. Founded in 1922 in Art Nouveau style, it contains the PLL headquarters and a 30000 seated arena exclusive to wrestling. Renovated through the years, La Primera still is the best venue in Mexico.

Region: West Central (Mexico)

Owned By: PLL

Venue Capacity: 30000

Wrestling Hotbed: Yes

Set To Open: May 1922

Set To Close: Never, Soft Close

Languages: Lots Spanish, Some English

Workers

Name: Alfonso Torres

Role: Deceased

Style: None

Finisher: None

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Mario Fortino Alfonso Moreno Reyes, most known as Cantinflas

Bio: Alfonso Torres is the man known as “Don Lucha Libre”. Born in 1900, in 1922 the young tycoon gathered the best wrestling names around Mexico and created the first ever promotion in the world, Primera Lucha Libre. Traditional values, colorful characters and a strong work ethic were the keys of PLL success, backed by Alfonso’s 100% commitment on every aspect of the company. Respected by every man he encountered, Torres run PLL for 66 years, until he left the control to his nephews Pablo, Pedro and Rodrigo in 1988. Alfonso Torres died peacefully two weeks after his 100th birthday.

Name: Pablo Torres

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Charlie Sheen in Spin City

Bio: Pablo Torres was a member of the renown Torres family. The identical twin of Pedro, they were recognizable only the color their eyes: Pablo’s were blue. The co-owner of PLL after Alfonso Torres retirement, the twins changed the product to an entertainment lucha libre and TV network, moving from Tricolor TV to Entretenimiento TV. The move was seen as a shock as many fans were disgusted and abandoned PLL and lucha libre in general. The Torres twins tried everything they can to revitalize the industry until their personal jet fatally crashed on the first day of February 1990, leaving Mexico and lucha libre in a bigger shock.

Name: Pedro Torres

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Charlie Sheen in Spin City

Bio: Pedro Torres was a member of the renown Torres family. The identical twin of Pablo, they were recognizable only the color their eyes: Pedro’s were green. The co-owner of PLL after Alfonso Torres retirement, the twins changed the product to an entertainment lucha libre and TV network, moving from Tricolor TV to Entretenimiento TV. The move was seen as a shock as many fans were disgusted and abandoned PLL and lucha libre in general. The Torres twins tried everything they can to revitalize the industry until their personal jet fatally crashed on the first day of February 1990, leaving Mexico and lucha libre in a bigger shock.

Name: Rodrigo Torres

Role: Non Wrestler, Personality

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Demian Bichir

Bio: Rodrigo Torres is the fourth Torres family member heading PLL. A very religious man, like all the members of his family, Rodrigo was integrated into the family machine since 1985 and worked behind the scenes as the bearer of the traditional ways. The passing of his older cousins Pablo and Pedro in 1990 proved to be a blessing in disguise for both PLL and Rodrigo. Torres inherited the promotion, moved back to Tricolor TV and returned to the traditional ways of lucha libre. PLL rose to its ancient splendor and Torres went to being revered as “El Segundo Don Lucha Libre”. Rodrigo is a man known to not rest on his laurels, battling GDM and ESC in Mexico and at the same time trying to expand PLL influence all over North America. In December 2015 he handed over the booking duties to his nephew Jorge, a move many saw as the first step to establish PLL succession.

Name: Jorge Torres

Size: Toned Lightweight

Role: Non Wrestler, Color Commentator

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Jorge Lorenzo

Bio: Jorge Torres is a brilliant wrestling mind and nephew of PLL owner Rodrigo Torres. Born and raised in a family with such traditions, his future is already written as the future PLL owner. Rodrigo gave his relative a second string color commentator job getting in touch with the locker room and wrestling personalities. Despite his young age, Jorge proved to be an intelligent and thoughtful man, already respected by the PLL veterans; some of them who worked with his grand grandfather claim they saw the same passion Alfonso Torres had. In 2014 he was promoted to first color commentator creating an excellent duo with PLL main announcer Vicente Pineda and getting praises for his work. When Rodrigo Torres will decide to leave the wrestling industry Jorge will be without a doubt the right choice for all lucha libre. His first step on the way to inherit PLL was made when his uncle gave him the head booker position in December 2015.

Name: El Celeste

Size: Toned Middleweight

Role: Retired Wrestler, Personality

Style: Luchador

Finisher: La Celestial (Tilt A Whirl Headscissor Armbar), Ascenso Al Cielo (Burning Hammer, Uber Finisher)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: An all celeste color masked man, wearing a celeste suit.

Bio: El Celeste, “The Heavenly”, is an iconic figure in Mexico. Rodrigo Torres’ best friend, he is an excellent wrestler and a pious man who fights every shade of evil. Heavily hyped by PLL as the next Mexican hero, his debut was epic as he won the PLL Lightweight crown in Primera Noche 68 main event. His reign was sensational as he kept the title for 50 months before he took a 2 year hiatus to shoot movies. El Celeste returned to PLL, sporting a bigger frame and setting his eyes on the Middleweight crown, winning it at Primera Noche 75. He held the title for a world record of 6 years and 3 months, before taking a year off shooting again movies. In his final PLL spell El Celeste focused only on fighting the best wrestlers. His last match held at Primera Noche 93, a victory against Primitivo, was awarded as the 2015 Match Of The Year. Working now as the PLL commissioner, main road agent and head trainer of the Primera Escuela De Lucha, El Celeste enjoys his status as living icon.

Name: Primitivo

Size: Toned Lightweight

Role: Active Wrestler

Style: Luchador

Finisher: Gran Hueso Oculto (Top Rope Flying Knee Strike To The Head), Hueso Oculto (Flying Knee Strike To The Head), El Atenazador (Flying Cross Armbreaker)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A masked man with ninja like saber toothed cat skin suit, usually carrying bones nunchaku.

Bio: Primitivo is a great Mexican wrestler of Asian descent. Born to a Japanese father and a Korean mother, they moved to Mexico City when he was 6. As a kid he both loved lucha libre and puroresu and at the age of 18 he entered into the Primera Escuela De Lucha, becoming a great wrestler and El Celeste protege. Dressed in a ninja suit made of saber toothed cat skin, his action is based on precise strikes, great psychology and evasive movements. The best lightweight on PLL roster in the last ten years, he was a rudo for all of his career until El Celeste retirement match. The handshake at the end of the bout made him to join the tecnico side of the roster, becoming the PLL figurehead for years to come.