[HYPE] Death of the Territories

It needs to be zipped or in a rar file or else most anti-virus programs are going to block it.

Now a rar file and with a lot of the relationships, teams and chemistry edited.

Couple of things I noticed right off the bat:

1) The NWA World Tag Team Titles weren't touring titles and weren't officially recognized by the NWA as a whole. They were created by MACW and based there.

2) Hulk Hogan is a touch too over in Tri-State. He was known but at this time he hadn't even headlined MSG during his heel run there. Vince Sr. had him challenge Backlund in Philly because he didn't want him to lose at MSG yet. You have him as a B in TS right now so he probably would be closer to a C+ and he'd also be higher in Great Lakes for the AWA too. Maybe around a C+ there too.

3) CWA didn't recognize the NWA World Title in 83. They were using the AWA Champion Nick Bockwinkel against Lawler during this time.

Changed, changed and removed CWA from the NWA.

1) Don't know how far you are along in pic cutting, but I think you are making a mistake in doing an entirely new pack. Not because it won't look good but because it will burn you out.

2) You mentioned in your testing everyone was jumping on tv. Editing broadcasters is a MUST for the conversion to 16. You need to be setting minimum popularity thresholds, "must cover home" option, etc. Something to consider would be to make any small networks that were local (like your local channel 9 or something) a free to air channel where they don't generate revenue for the promotion.

3) Dealing with the AWA hiring spree should be handled with Verne's business profile being altered and with the AWA having some hiring rules.

I love DOTT so I hope this turns out great. It's a daunting task and you really need to be committed to spending a ton of time working on it as the new features really do wonders for DOTT.

You need to be sure to edit:

Based in (setting up local areas)

Broadcaster settings

Future broadcaster changes

The Alliance feature

Accurate title histories

On the NWA, don't make the mistake of thinking that all "NWA" titles were actually NWA titles. The NWA only sanctioned and recognized a handful of titles. Most "NWA" titles were actually owned by the promotion that booked them.

1. I'm going to release my limited pic cutting with launch and the others will be filled in from the Settle the Score pic pack. Then I will slowly update the pics as I go for myself.

2. I'll tackle broadcasters in the next update. Thanks for the tips.

3. Noted and I'll make those my priorities for next BETA. And again, thanks.

Sabu's flashiness is too low! This is the hill I will die on.

Increased to 72.

Officially I think the NWA doesn't recognize the tag team title reigns prior to Terry Gordy and Steve Williams in 1992.

Is it perhaps worth deleting them then? Seems extraneous and overly complicated to include. Thoughts?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which resulted in an amazing series of title matches between the two. Bockwinkel was the greatest' date=' in my opinion.[/quote']

I feel like he did the Champion gimmick even better than Flair did. Flair was the out of control, frat boy stockbroker type who was great but a little crazy. Bock was the classy, country club champion and his age helped in that. Plus he was a such an amazing worker (and promo) and I don't think he ever gets enough credit for that. He and Heenan might be the best wrestler/manager combo ever

Is it perhaps worth deleting them then? Seems extraneous and overly complicated to include. Thoughts?

That post was claiming 1992 was incorrect. The first official NWA World Tag Team championship in NWA was in 1982, and while others all had their own titles, those are best left to regional tag team belts. Jim Crockett Promotions controlled the official NWA World Tag Team titles from the time it became NWA's flagship in 1982. As such, it probably makes the most sense to have the official NWA Tag Team titles in MACW/JCP. The reason Wikipedia only lists from 1992 is because of the split that happened that year with NWA and WCW, as WCW adopted the old NWA World Tag Team titles as their own and NWA started new ones from scratch. Essentially, there are two NWA World Tag Team titles, one from 1982-1992 that continues in WCW and WWE, and the second that began in 1992 after NWA's fall.

Also, might I suggest you switch to 7-Zip? It is free, as readily available, simpler to use (it opens ZIP, RAR, 7Z, and many others actually), and a stronger technology than RAR, which is an extremely old format to use in 2016. Just a suggestion. :)

I feel like he did the Champion gimmick even better than Flair did. Flair was the out of control, frat boy stockbroker type who was great but a little crazy. Bock was the classy, country club champion and his age helped in that. Plus he was a such an amazing worker (and promo) and I don't think he ever gets enough credit for that. He and Heenan might be the best wrestler/manager combo ever

I love this comparison. "Frat boy, out of control, stockbroker type" is Ric f'n Flair perfect. Also Bock was the classy, country club gentlemen. I'd also argue that Ric Flair is a more "cartoon" version of Bock. The Bock character without the nuances and subtleties. Man I love Bock I wish he would have been in the NWA in the early 80's.

Who knows might be fun to run a story where Bock is Flairs mentor they have their own litlte stable with Flair being the number 2 guy, Flair turns on Bock, creates the Horsemen we know and love and we set up our first War Games. Man this needs to be out haha.

2) You mentioned in your testing everyone was jumping on tv. Editing broadcasters is a MUST for the conversion to 16. You need to be setting minimum popularity thresholds, "must cover home" option, etc. Something to consider would be to make any small networks that were local (like your local channel 9 or something) a free to air channel where they don't generate revenue for the promotion.

I would suggest against making the local TV Free to Air. I ran a few tests with converted and altered DOTT data (6 games of two years each) and one of the things that happens is the cost of running TV shows sinks companies like CWA and Southeastern. They only get about 300 people per taping. So I would keep them commercial and just alter the range and "must cover home".

I would suggest against making the local TV Free to Air. I ran a few tests with converted and altered DOTT data (6 games of two years each) and one of the things that happens is the cost of running TV shows sinks companies like CWA and Southeastern. They only get about 300 people per taping. So I would keep them commercial and just alter the range and "must cover home".

Why not free to air and alter the range/must cover? That way you can have the companies that have the size and drawing more people on free tv.

Why not free to air and alter the range/must cover? That way you can have the companies that have the size and drawing more people on free tv.

I'm talking about drawing a live crowd to the actual show, not the audience watching at home. If the channel is Free To Air you don't make any money from the airing of the show, the main way you make money is ticket sales and running 5 shows a month with 4 of them only drawing 300 each doesn't make enough money to keep a company in business at the Regional level. Not sure that Commercial would be enough either on it's own but it's at least a little more cash coming in.

The Must Cover Home should definitely be set at yes, because it's a local TV channel.

I'm talking about drawing a live crowd to the actual show, not the audience watching at home. If the channel is Free To Air you don't make any money from the airing of the show, the main way you make money is ticket sales and running 5 shows a month with 4 of them only drawing 300 each doesn't make enough money to keep a company in business at the Regional level. Not sure that Commercial would be enough either on it's own but it's at least a little more cash coming in.

The Must Cover Home should definitely be set at yes, because it's a local TV channel.

What I'm saying is make the channel to where only high end regional companies can air. They will draw about 1,000+ per show. That way you don't have the smaller companies draw 300 like you stated above.

What I'm saying is make the channel to where only high end regional companies can air. They will draw about 1,000+ per show. That way you don't have the smaller companies draw 300 like you stated above.

But then you have Regional companies, which most of the territories are, not able to have TV shows. One of the big reasons for the addition to the blocks in the Eras was for historical mods to allow regional territories to be able to have TV shows to reflect reality while not broadcasting Events until the era when PPV comes in. You only get abot 2500-3000 a month from a Local TV with Very Small range in one region but it can mean the difference between profit and loss for the month for a company like PNW.

Something else I noticed during testing the data I have: ticket prices for a D or D+ pop in a region is appx $13. You can draw about 1000 people for a TV taping and 4-5000 for an event. That's about right for a good regional company. Unfortunately, it's not enough to make a profit. I used Mid South as an example and they lost $25-40K a month. I looked at the finances of MSW as compared to Memphis (CWA) which was actually making money each month but drawing the same amount of crowds. The difference was that MSW was D+ and CWA was C- or a C. At the C- point the ticket prices bump up to about $15 a ticket (give or take some decimal points) and it made the company profitable drawing the same exact number of people (8,000 fans in a month). So I thought that was interesting.

Pacific Northwest, also a Regional at a D level of popularity, was profitable though. They only made a maximum of $2000-5000 a month (and a couple of months they lost money) but then again, they don't have a top class of wrestlers working for them. There aren't any major stars taking down the payroll as opposed to guys like JYD, Dibiase, Murdoch, Lawler, Dundee, The Fabs in the other two countries. But making an average of like $3000 a month sounds perfect for a company like PNW.

Pacific Northwest, also a Regional at a D level of popularity, was profitable though. They only made a maximum of $2000-5000 a month (and a couple of months they lost money) but then again, they don't have a top class of wrestlers working for them. There aren't any major stars taking down the payroll as opposed to guys like JYD, Dibiase, Murdoch, Lawler, Dundee, The Fabs in the other two countries. But making an average of like $3000 a month sounds perfect for a company like PNW.

Addendum to this: I forgot that I had made the NWA a "consortium" and PNW are a part of it, so that's the real reason they are able to maintain a small profit I would think :)

the new link with the .rar worked for me but are there no tag teams in this mod or is mine just messed up? shows only 2 tag teams in the database. I wanted to play around with it awhile and beta it

Yup, I removed them all cos the database I'm working on had loads from the future. So I've started to re-add them. Up to 45 at the moment.

Addendum to this: I forgot that I had made the NWA a "consortium" and PNW are a part of it, so that's the real reason they are able to maintain a small profit I would think :)

Well that's interesting. I haven't had a chance to fiddle with alliance settings yet. But I'll get onto it soon.

Something else I noticed during testing the data I have: ticket prices for a D or D+ pop in a region is appx $13. You can draw about 1000 people for a TV taping and 4-5000 for an event. That's about right for a good regional company. Unfortunately, it's not enough to make a profit. I used Mid South as an example and they lost $25-40K a month. I looked at the finances of MSW as compared to Memphis (CWA) which was actually making money each month but drawing the same amount of crowds. The difference was that MSW was D+ and CWA was C- or a C. At the C- point the ticket prices bump up to about $15 a ticket (give or take some decimal points) and it made the company profitable drawing the same exact number of people (8,000 fans in a month). So I thought that was interesting.

This is the sort of information I need. I need to know which companies play like their real life counterparts in terms of money management and the like. Whether certain stars have seen their stats rise too much because of after-the-fact knowledge.

I'm also interested in stats which are too bloated or under-represented that I can fix like a checklist. There is no workload too heavy.

Does anyone mind doing a mirror for this? I can't get it past my system protection.

If your using internet explorer then go to:

Internet Tools --> Safety --> Turn Off SmartScreen Filter

It's the built in Windows Virus Scan that is blocking it, the file is fine but Windows doesn't recognize the .mbd file type so it blocks it. Don't forget to turn SmartScreen back on though

First off, to TCP1 and everyone else who contributed to this mod, you are my heroes! I love early 80s 'Rasslin and expect to play this mod to death. One thing I might suggest, and I'd be willing to help put together a list if you like, would be (even though it is unrealistic) certain workers could be set to written contracts, or exclusive PPA's with loyalty to their starting promotion. For example after a quick sim through 3 months, I see that Bob Backlund signed with the AWA, Ric Flair is working for several promotions and The Grand Wizard left WWF and is working for a couple of promotions. Also, Andre the Giant is being loaned out to numerous promotions by NJPW, and while I could be wrong, by 1983 he was rarely working outside of the WWF and NJPW, so maybe set him as written to WWF and have a working agreement with NJPW? Just an idea, love the mod but haven't had too much time to explore it yet

First off, to TCP1 and everyone else who contributed to this mod, you are my heroes! I love early 80s 'Rasslin and expect to play this mod to death. One thing I might suggest, and I'd be willing to help put together a list if you like, would be (even though it is unrealistic) certain workers could be set to written contracts, or exclusive PPA's with loyalty to their starting promotion. For example after a quick sim through 3 months, I see that Bob Backlund signed with the AWA, Ric Flair is working for several promotions and The Grand Wizard left WWF and is working for a couple of promotions. Also, Andre the Giant is being loaned out to numerous promotions by NJPW, and while I could be wrong, by 1983 he was rarely working outside of the WWF and NJPW, so maybe set him as written to WWF and have a working agreement with NJPW? Just an idea, love the mod but haven't had too much time to explore it yet

Yeah I've found this too. I haven't run a test where Backlund ends up somewhere other than WWF in six months. I've just gone in an extended everyone's contracts for at least a year, but I suspect it won't help. My problem with Written Contracts revolve around a lack of flexibility for those playing the game. The AI is insistent on shipping workers all over the place.

Exclusive PPA might work in fairness. I always thought that the AI would rather get rid of exclusive contracts, but I'll test it out this weekend.

Has anybody run tests and found a large number of highly ranked matches? What I'm trying to avoid is there being 20+ A* a year. I've also lowered the pop and stats of Wahoo McDaniel, who in my latest game is the top champion of about 4 promotions. Eurgh.

With regards the Teams element that I'm building. My plan is to include two types of teams:

1. Famous teams from that year and before (Valiants, Blackjacks etc) along with one or two which were formed in 1983 (Soul Patrol, Rock N Roll Express).

2. Workers who haven't debuted, but will debut as a team (Rockers, Headshrinkers etc.).

I've avoided adding teams like Demolition, who are formed by 2 already established in-game wrestlers. The thinking there being that if a player wants to team them up they can, but history will have changed so much in-game that it's not a given that they would exist.

If your using internet explorer then go to:

Internet Tools --> Safety --> Turn Off SmartScreen Filter

It's the built in Windows Virus Scan that is blocking it, the file is fine but Windows doesn't recognize the .mbd file type so it blocks it. Don't forget to turn SmartScreen back on though

That was the issue, thank you!

Latest version:

Tag teams added.

Moved AWA to Great Lakes.

Amended AWA workers to increase their Great Lakes pop.

Streamlined the narratives.

Added some agers and alter egos.

Amended pop and skills of around 40 workers.

Finally amended the 'Based In' locations and the odd 'Loyal To' for major US promotions (done do to try and keep the more notable names in relevant territories).

Latest version:

Tag teams added.

Moved AWA to Great Lakes.

Amended AWA workers to increase their Great Lakes pop.

Streamlined the narratives.

Added some agers and alter egos.

Amended pop and skills of around 40 workers.

Finally amended the 'Based In' locations and the odd 'Loyal To' for major US promotions (done do to try and keep the more notable names in relevant territories).

Don't forget to lower the Mid West values that you're changing from :)

Right I've noticed the title histories are all in the wrong format, which is a monstrous job. Is there a real world mod that anyone knows of that has titles in the correct format? That way I can import those and delete the extraneous ones.

Right I've noticed the title histories are all in the wrong format, which is a monstrous job. Is there a real world mod that anyone knows of that has titles in the correct format? That way I can import those and delete the extraneous ones.

What do you mean by "wrong format" though?

Archived