[HYPE] Death of the Territories

Right I've noticed the title histories are all in the wrong format, which is a monstrous job. Is there a real world mod that anyone knows of that has titles in the correct format? That way I can import those and delete the extraneous ones.

In TEW 2013 there were two mods with correct history formats, 1991 and 1994 I think it was...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As one of the original architects (but not on the level of D Boon's Ghost as it was HIS master piece) of this WAY back in the day I am pleased to see it still lives on and will be curious to see how it is converted for TEW 16. I think 16 has many features that will allow it to function in a way that it never could before especially with the territory system side of things.

Will this be using 2013's version as a base, or something else?

I have yet to snag the demo for TEW16, but a 'worker sexiness' stat reminds me why I stopped modding for this game. Nothing puts a damper on a love for nostalgia quite like 'drug usage percentages' or 'sexual orientation ratings' for a thousand wrestlers from thirty years ago.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. :)

Zoinks! It's a g-g-g-ghost!

Nice to see the originator and innovator of the original great mod back!

The advantage today is that if you know what you're doing you can access the whole db in MS access and mass edit a bunch of stuff which was impossible back in the day.

Zoinks! It's a g-g-g-ghost!

Nice to see the originator and innovator of the original great mod back!

The advantage today is that if you know what you're doing you can access the whole db in MS access and mass edit a bunch of stuff which was impossible back in the day.

Well that sounds handy. Shame I don't really know what I'm doing. Lol.

Update:

Made mass changes to a lot to workers pop, charisma and mic skills in attempts to keep the game realistic.

Updated WWF and AJPW title histories.

Now have cut a little over 300 worker images. 1100 to go.

Anyone found any problems with the data this far?

Well that sounds handy. Shame I don't really know what I'm doing. Lol.

Update:

Made mass changes to a lot to workers pop, charisma and mic skills in attempts to keep the game realistic.

Updated WWF and AJPW title histories.

Now have cut a little over 300 worker images. 1100 to go.

Anyone found any problems with the data this far?

You're doing great. :D It's a dangerous trick since you can break things pretty easy. I use it to fine tune ratings and other things to my liking since you can put all the workers ratings into a grid and easily balance things.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D16NJD16" data-cite="D16NJD16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41234" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2013's version, is a great base, as was all the others, I can't see how this turns out any less than incredible.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No pressure then. Lol. Thanks though.</p><p> </p><p> In other news does anyone know of anywhere that would have decent images of wrestling title belts? I want to recut the ones I have to bring unity to the whole thing?</p>

If this turns out, it may get me to buy the game, in fact. My only ever TEW diary was an NWA run for a short while with the original DOTT. D Boon's work made that game my personal crack for a while, and the interaction of memories about the Adrian Street's of the world enhanced the overall experience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived