[HYPE] Death of the Territories

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can vouch for justtxyank's work on nGo. The organic style cuts have more pop to them, if that makes any sense. And it's pretty neat to see workers' pics evolve over time via the agers, getting more modern as you go further into a game save.

nGo pic pack is def the best IMO

I spent the weekend renovating my house, so work stopped for that. But I'm now in my newly painted and installed room, so I'm back on it tonight. I'm still working my way through removing a lot of the future workers, because they bloat the data and provide a bucket load of extra work. So that should speed things up. If I concentrate on the worker data rather than the images I can get a BETA out in the next couple of weeks and let people test it out.

Quick question, which may cast doubt in people's minds about my ability to actually do this.

What are the list of stats which need updating from data switched over from 2013 to 2016. I'm not 100% and I don't want to work through the whole database having missed something really obvious like 'worker sexiness' or whatever. :)

Quick question, which may cast doubt in people's minds about my ability to actually do this.

What are the list of stats which need updating from data switched over from 2013 to 2016. I'm not 100% and I don't want to work through the whole database having missed something really obvious like 'worker sexiness' or whatever. :)

Jesus, where to start. I must admit that for 87 I've taken the UK scene and looked over everything. Body Type is obvious, as are production vales etc for Companies and accepted for the Broadcasters. Some I also just can't be bothered looking at, not entirely sure how important respect is though in 87 I don't think you got in the business unless you were respected. Even if not, you just got booked vs Finlay and it soon changed. At the moment salary levels are doing my nut in, so I'm fixing and testing knowing that Joint and All Star may become playable though Orig's BWF may sink no matter what.

In essence, so long as testing makes sense and you can back things up you're good.

I have yet to snag the demo for TEW16, but a 'worker sexiness' stat reminds me why I stopped modding for this game. Nothing puts a damper on a love for nostalgia quite like 'drug usage percentages' or 'sexual orientation ratings' for a thousand wrestlers from thirty years ago.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. :)

I have yet to snag the demo for TEW16, but a 'worker sexiness' stat reminds me why I stopped modding for this game. Nothing puts a damper on a love for nostalgia quite like 'drug usage percentages' or 'sexual orientation ratings' for a thousand wrestlers from thirty years ago.

Just seeing a post from you at all makes me both excited and terrified about ever playing a '16 DOTT. Nothing can ever compare to the original but I'll be happy if we can get something even in the same stratosphere

Woah there, Eric...how the freaking F are you sir?

As for dampers, there's plenty new ones.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the legendary D. Boon has kindly offered his services for testing. :)

Speaking of which. I've run 10 test datas over the course of 4 years (game time):

AWA immediately streaks off to a big lead and starts signing people to written contracts. Eek. Each and every time.

Almost all companies get TV details, which isn't a big problem, but does need a cursory look.

The WWF seem absolutely dead set on making either Curt Hennig, Afa or Steve Keirn their World Champ. Good news is that they almost always get rid of Backlund in the first year.

WCCW always lose all Von Erich's except Kerry and the Freebirds always split up straight away too. Boo!!!

Southwestern grows to number 2 behind AWA in the world without question.

WWF has never once been higher than #9 overall in any testing.

I'll see how the currently running data performs later and then set about editing it slightly to try and get closer to a real life recreation.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9tu2e3

Here's the most up-to-date data for people to test. I've spent 35 hours editing bits and deleting extraneous data and now I need help. Tuck in people and list all problems and I will change as appropriate.

I'm going to start editing images ready for the launch.

Genuinely losing the plot with 87, so may stick my bib on and tuck in to this on Friday just to distract myself for a while.

Ah no wait, my system won't let me download it.

As one of the original architects (but not on the level of D Boon's Ghost as it was HIS master piece) of this WAY back in the day I am pleased to see it still lives on and will be curious to see how it is converted for TEW 16. I think 16 has many features that will allow it to function in a way that it never could before especially with the territory system side of things.

I dont know if its just me but I loaded this mod and it crashed when I tried to start a game something about an invalid database, then re-opening TEW game me a connection error with a folder path pointing to this mod saying it was invalid, then I had to go into the folder and delete the mod to successfully restart the program

tried this a few times before i gave up :confused:

Couple of things I noticed right off the bat:

1) The NWA World Tag Team Titles weren't touring titles and weren't officially recognized by the NWA as a whole. They were created by MACW and based there.

2) Hulk Hogan is a touch too over in Tri-State. He was known but at this time he hadn't even headlined MSG during his heel run there. Vince Sr. had him challenge Backlund in Philly because he didn't want him to lose at MSG yet. You have him as a B in TS right now so he probably would be closer to a C+ and he'd also be higher in Great Lakes for the AWA too. Maybe around a C+ there too.

3) CWA didn't recognize the NWA World Title in 83. They were using the AWA Champion Nick Bockwinkel against Lawler during this time.

1) Don't know how far you are along in pic cutting, but I think you are making a mistake in doing an entirely new pack. Not because it won't look good but because it will burn you out.

2) You mentioned in your testing everyone was jumping on tv. Editing broadcasters is a MUST for the conversion to 16. You need to be setting minimum popularity thresholds, "must cover home" option, etc. Something to consider would be to make any small networks that were local (like your local channel 9 or something) a free to air channel where they don't generate revenue for the promotion.

3) Dealing with the AWA hiring spree should be handled with Verne's business profile being altered and with the AWA having some hiring rules.

I love DOTT so I hope this turns out great. It's a daunting task and you really need to be committed to spending a ton of time working on it as the new features really do wonders for DOTT.

You need to be sure to edit:

Based in (setting up local areas)

Broadcaster settings

Future broadcaster changes

The Alliance feature

Accurate title histories

On the NWA, don't make the mistake of thinking that all "NWA" titles were actually NWA titles. The NWA only sanctioned and recognized a handful of titles. Most "NWA" titles were actually owned by the promotion that booked them.

On the NWA, don't make the mistake of thinking that all "NWA" titles were actually NWA titles. The NWA only sanctioned and recognized a handful of titles. Most "NWA" titles were actually owned by the promotion that booked them.

The National Wrestling Alliance didn't even recognize a World TAG TEAM Champions until 1982, while various NWA territories promoted their own "World Tag Team Championships".

Most people don't realize that very very few titles were actually promoted as NWA titles. Now for the purpose of this mod being in 83 the Tag Titles would get included but still every promotion had "NWA Championships" that never left that promotion.

The National Wrestling Alliance didn't even recognize a World TAG TEAM Champions until 1982, while various NWA territories promoted their own "World Tag Team Championships".

Most people don't realize that very very few titles were actually promoted as NWA titles. Now for the purpose of this mod being in 83 the Tag Titles would get included but still every promotion had "NWA Championships" that never left that promotion.

Officially I think the NWA doesn't recognize the tag team title reigns prior to Terry Gordy and Steve Williams in 1992.

Archived