[Beta Release] GIF'fing the Cornellverse!

Disclaimer: I might get these done on Tuesday/Wednesday and it seems to be that you can't edit an already created savegame to use the .gif format after the save has been created. My oldest save still shows the .jpg choice even though I have switched the editor choice to .gif, sadly I don't have enough time to test this cause I'm just about to leave for work.

Just so you know when TEW'16 comes out tonight :) That you might not be able to switch midgame to the .gif pack, it has to be selected via the editor to use .gifs beforehand. But more testing needs to be done to prove this claim! :p

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer: I might get these done on Tuesday/Wednesday and it seems to be that you can't edit an already created savegame to use the .gif format after the save has been created. My oldest save still shows the .jpg choice even though I have switched the editor choice to .gif, sadly I don't have enough time to test this cause I'm just about to leave for work.

Just so you know when TEW'16 comes out tonight :) That you might not be able to switch midgame to the .gif pack, it has to be selected via the editor to use .gifs beforehand. But more testing needs to be done to prove this claim! :p

Who else is doing without pictures for a few days? :)

Out of curiosity... how do you set the data to recognise the gif files rather than the jpg files? Or do you have to change them manually?

In the out of game editor, go to the worker section. You end up using the mass editor, and the second option in the left dropdown menu is set their picture to "name.gif". then select all and confirm the mass edit.

In the out of game editor, go to the worker section. You end up using the mass editor, and the second option in the left dropdown menu is set their picture to "name.gif". then select all and confirm the mass edit.

Hadn't realised that option existed, thanks :)

Incredible progress, Fin. You're not a man, you're a machine!

Thanks man.. Only 660 left. But I think I'll revisit the really early ones, from A to possibly G maybe. Or I can just publish the whole pack with a huge disclaimer saying that it's a beta version with lots of not-so-good images. There have been quite a few incredibly hard ones to edit and I've had to use artistic freedom to make some worker images bearable. Basically anything with lots and lots of hair all around the image is a nightmare whereas any masked wrestler or short haired wrestlers with clear borders between him/her and the background has been an under 10 seconds edit. But for every 50 of those, I've had images where I've had to erase the stuff one pixel at a time.

I'm mostly free tomorrow so I think I'll be able to finish what I started last Thursday. I can't believe I've almost edited 3500+ inside six days or so, also having to go to normal work.

Within these six days I've only played one match of Blood Bowl 2 and occasional Rocket League, the rest of the day either working the day job or editing these images. It's now 4:35 and I'm done for the day, really excited to see what tomorrow brings with it regarding this project. So close, yet so far. :cool: I've probably spend .. 25-30hrs doing this? I haven't really counted, could be more actually. My earlier 10hr estimate was way off :p I also had one ultimatum: I couldn't touch TEW2016 other than testing purposes until I've finished this project. So that's also why I've been so hasty; I want to play the game already!

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/TEW2016/patch181.png

Yeah, I've been trying to create a real world gif pack and am fairly unhappy with how workers with long hair turn out. Are you using a layer mask for those? I know that takes a helluva lot longer. And the other one is using clone stamping on a clipping mask layer to get rid of the damned fringing that hair does in photoshop (probably even computer generated hair).

Those look boss btw!

Please forgive my ignorance with this. I just want to clarify (though I am sure it has already been answered/made clear)...

If a worker changes company, does the background automatically change. So if someone leaves TCW for SWF, their background changes to an SWF logo?

If a workers has more than one company, what is displayed in the character screen when scrolling through? Finally, what is displayed if they are unemployed?

Many thanks for your tireless work on this mate.

If a worker changes company, does the background automatically change. So if someone leaves TCW for SWF, their background changes to an SWF logo?

Yes. If you are SWF, it'll automatically use your company logo as the background. Same thing goes for any wrestler; If I select TCW and their Roster from the menu, it'll show the TCW logo in the background. If you loan/trade wrestlers to your company, it'll show your company logo in the background.

If a workers has more than one company, what is displayed in the character screen when scrolling through? Finally, what is displayed if they are unemployed?

Lets say a worker works for both MAW and CZCW. When you view CZCW and it's roster, it'll show the CZCW logo in the background. If you select MAW and it's roster, it'll show the MAW logo. :) If they are unemployed, the background is what the _Blankbackground file is. I'll try to create something nice and check other variations :)

Many thanks for your tireless work on this mate.

Thanks man! I totally overslept this morning and almost missed work, we had a first aid course today. Now I'm home, gonna eat something and start working on the project. It'll probably be 6-8hrs until it's done, more or less. We'll see. :rolleyes:

looking forward to this

edit:

quick google search and found this, could do for an unemployed bg.

http://wvcag.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/unemployed-150x150.jpg

or

http://www.thelovelybrothers.co.uk/images/lyrics/south-tottenham.jpg

for unemployed british workers

Yes. If you are SWF, it'll automatically use your company logo as the background. Same thing goes for any wrestler; If I select TCW and their Roster from the menu, it'll show the TCW logo in the background. If you loan/trade wrestlers to your company, it'll show your company logo in the background.

:

How are you getting this to work for other companies? I created a few gifs last night and they only showed the logo for workers who work for me.

looking forward to this

edit:

quick google search and found this, could do for an unemployed bg.

http://wvcag.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/unemployed-150x150.jpg

or

http://www.thelovelybrothers.co.uk/images/lyrics/south-tottenham.jpg

for unemployed british workers

Cute, but wouldn't their face cover up the "job" bit, defeating the purpose to put as a background? :p Maybe a specific color?

Really? What window are you looking them? :o If you go to the third tab (Promotions) and then Roster, it'll show them as having the background in there.

I think for me that screen showed the old blue background photos so it doesn't seem to have converted that screen to gifs. Whenever I see workers photos on the front page or loading screens they have the black background.

I'll play around more when I get home tonight.

Yes, you have to go to Editor -> Edit Database -> Workers -> Mass Edit -> Select All -> Picture becomes "their name.gif" OR "picture becomes GIF format" (I don't know the disctinction between the two, I'm pretty sure it's the first option), then press Mass Edit.

Also you need to start a new game for this to take effect. :)

Yes, you have to go to Editor -> Edit Database -> Workers -> Mass Edit -> Select All -> Picture becomes "their name.gif" OR "picture becomes GIF format" (I don't know the disctinction between the two, I'm pretty sure it's the first option), then press Mass Edit.

Now time for RW workers right :p

Yeah, I did this. I'll try again tonight.