[Beta Release] GIF'fing the Cornellverse!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you make a Photoshop action, and Automate > Batch to do this all at once?

I did mass batch the .jpg to .gif but I doubt one can automate the whole action like that with any program out there since you'd have to select the blue background from both sides + grow 1px + make it transparent and so on. If there's holes of blue around the workers head, ie. between hairs and/or objects or hands etc you have to manually select them.

If you or anyone else has suggestions on how to do this quicker, do tell, but I doubt that there's a way to do.

I did try to find something along the lines of that in GIMP 2 but all the automatic stuff does it basic actions like resizing and cropping and filters etc. such.

This is awesome. So if they have a .gif profile, does the background automatically load the logo of the company they're with?

Yes. I don't know about matches though, when you run your show. :o I have to test that one out. Also if you have trade/loan wrestlers, would be cool to have the other promotion logo in there aswell.

EDIT: Did some testing, the feature works only in Roster screen which is bad :S I just posted a suggestion on the subforum for adding the use of logo background in the booking and matchmaking screens aswell! How cool would it look if you're holding a huge event with Loaned/Traded wrestlers and it would show the wrestlers with the logo background of the promotion they are being loaned/traded from!

1156/3506 done so a little bit over 30% done. Those CVFP photos were the hardest and most frustating as it felt like "no one is ever going to use these" :D But the pace seems to be picking up after those as majority of the photos are short haired man with clear lines separating them from the background which makes it so much faster.

It's 7.03AM, done for the night. It'll be really interesting to see when I can get every single photo done :D

Yes. I don't know about matches though, when you run your show. :o I have to test that one out. Also if you have trade/loan wrestlers, would be cool to have the other promotion logo in there aswell.

EDIT: Did some testing, the feature works only in Roster screen which is bad :S I just posted a suggestion on the subforum for adding the use of logo background in the booking and matchmaking screens aswell! How cool would it look if you're holding a huge event with Loaned/Traded wrestlers and it would show the wrestlers with the logo background of the promotion they are being loaned/traded from!

I haven't delved into this feature at all... Do you have to set the background to each worker/contract individually in-game, or do you just set it for each company? I'm wondering about the logistics for invasion and brand-split era WWE, having different backgrounds within one company...

I haven't delved into this feature at all... Do you have to set the background to each worker/contract individually in-game, or do you just set it for each company? I'm wondering about the logistics for invasion and brand-split era WWE, having different backgrounds within one company...

No, these images I'm working on right now have a blank/transparent background in them. When you use them in-game in the Roster screen, it automatically puts the promotion logo in the background. Those Preview images I posted were screenshots fromn in-game, I didn't manually put the logo behind them, the game did :)

If you hire a worker to your company, it'll use your company logo behind them. Also this only works at the Roster screen as of now, we'll see if Adam implements this to match/angle making, booking screen and the actual show screens aswell. Also the addition of Loaned/Traded workers promotion backgrounds would be an awesome thing to have.

I can't do that many photos tonight and tomorrow me and my friends have a board game night so I'll doubt I'll have these ready for the release on Monday. Tuesday is very open so I'll have a lot of time then and I seem to be picking up the pace with every 100 images. :D

With the new 1.8 patch Adam implemented the .gif images into other menus, not just into the Roster screen. So now when you're booking matches, angles or running the show, it shows your promotion's logo behind them. I tried Loans and Trading and it only shows your promotion's logo, not the rival promotion's which would be a nice addition. Here's some more sneak peaks ;)

Oh yeah, 1611 done. ps. I also noticed that the first 500 or so are not as good quality than the newest ones, I switched to Grow 2 px instead of just one which eliminates the blue background borders even better. Also I've gotten a lot faster which enables me to fine tune the harder parts and really crunch those seconds to the absolute minimum. Heading off to bed now, it's 7:06AM, I have to sleep for a bit and then continue when I wake up :D

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/TEW2016/patch18.png

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/TEW2016/wexxv1.png

1974 done, still 1532 left. We've hit the 56% mark and it looks like I can do about 350-650 images a day. So this pack is not going to be released tomorrow on launch day, but later in the week. I'll prob release the first pack as a rough 0.9 beta pack or something, there seems to be a lot of fixing with several images and a slight blur might do good to some rough edges in some images. :cool:

EDIT: 2313 done, 1:44AM 2.5.

1974 done, still 1532 left. We've hit the 56% mark and it looks like I can do about 350-650 images a day. So this pack is not going to be released tomorrow on launch day, but later in the week. I'll prob release the first pack as a rough 0.9 beta pack or something, there seems to be a lot of fixing with several images and a slight blur might do good to some rough edges in some images. :cool:

EDIT: 2313 done, 1:44AM 2.5.

I think everyone is just grateful that your doing this.

Okay, so its about time for you to play Eye of the Tiger in the background while you work. It would be awesome if there was a guy from Russia doing the same thing so it could be like Rocky vs Drago but that's okay, its you vs the conquest. We believe in you. You are our hero.

Thank you.

I think everyone is just grateful that your doing this.

Okay, so its about time for you to play Eye of the Tiger in the background while you work. It would be awesome if there was a guy from Russia doing the same thing so it could be like Rocky vs Drago but that's okay, its you vs the conquest. We believe in you. You are our hero.

Thank you.

I hate to be one of those guys....

Actually it was Hearts on Fire