The Effganic Bundle - Organic Mods [RELEASE]

Idea for you in 1920 mod. I added radio to it. Since there just called broadcasters now. It is way to have a show but still be faithful too

I may add this in a future release. Good idea.

First of all, I would like to say that the 1920 mod is an absolute blast to play.

Now, the one thing that bugs me - the venue selection screen always comes up blank, even though I have imported venues and they show up when I look at the database. I don't know if that's just me, or if it happens in other people's games as well.

Here's an example http://i.imgur.com/l88AURL.jpg

With the new generic venue addition, I removed the locations to help add to the organic factor.

As for the importing, did you import them into your active game or just into the database?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're probably set to become active after the current game date, so they won't show up until they actually open. :)

That makes sense.

Just a quick question, what year are broadcasters set to appear? And do they all appear at once or do the small ones begin appearing first followed by the bigger ones that cover more areas?

It is set to loosely follow the history of television and broadcasters. It is kind of sprinkled out .

Did a watcher game for about 30 years, loving this sim. Going to start again now and play it this time.. I don't know how I'll feel about all the wrestlers with no pics and generated companies with no logos.. but as for the actual mod it is amazing

Found a potential bug in Effganic 1980. All the promotions are on Public Access. Literally all of them. Min regions for the PA stations should be set to 1, not 0, else any company worldwide can broadcast. Bug is also present in Effganic 1920, so when Public Access starts there it will become relevant.

This might be by design, but it causes a popularity boost that isn't exactly ideal. Plus, would a Japanese Public Access station have any business running an unknown Australian fed?

EDIT: This looks like a conversion issue, to be fair. TEW 13 > 16 doesn't handle single region Broadcasters very well.

Found a potential bug in Effganic 1980. All the promotions are on Public Access. Literally all of them. Min regions for the PA stations should be set to 1, not 0, else any company worldwide can broadcast. Bug is also present in Effganic 1920, so when Public Access starts there it will become relevant.

This might be by design, but it causes a popularity boost that isn't exactly ideal. Plus, would a Japanese Public Access station have any business running an unknown Australian fed?

EDIT: This looks like a conversion issue, to be fair. TEW 13 > 16 doesn't handle single region Broadcasters very well.

Thanks. I'll definitely make the appropriate corrections.

Thanks. I'll definitely make the appropriate corrections.

Glad to help, man. Fleisch had the same issue when he was converting RWC, according to a post in his thread. It is slightly counter intuitive, so I might drop a note in tech support when I wake up from this sugar crash. haha

There's more.

Pulse TV and Thorn TV have the 0 regions bug, Mediterranean Public Access exists, but I'm not sure it's meant to due to the split, while Kyushu and Great Lakes Public Access also have the 0 regions bug. Noting that all the Public Access stations mentioned have the old pictures.

This is on Effganic 1980, 1920 is fine with Public Access but Pulse and Thorn are still bugged, it seems. Might have to go back and edit all the single region Broadcasters.

There's more.

Pulse TV and Thorn TV have the 0 regions bug, Mediterranean Public Access exists, but I'm not sure it's meant to due to the split, while Kyushu and Great Lakes Public Access also have the 0 regions bug. Noting that all the Public Access stations mentioned have the old pictures.

This is on Effganic 1980, 1920 is fine with Public Access but Pulse and Thorn are still bugged, it seems. Might have to go back and edit all the single region Broadcasters.

Well that is annoying. I can see how I messed up with 1980, I tried to delete the old networks and import the new, but apparently missed some.

In other, more interesting news, vtechguy has an Effganic game on the youtubes and it appears that it might be something he continues to play. I'd encourage all to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zsx6yhpr-E

Fixed all the 0 region broadcasters before starting up my 1st watcher save with the 1920 data. Started with high worker generation, high relationships, extreme injuries, and high death. 7 years in now, I'll post some stuff every decade or so. :D

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian_Mallon" data-cite="Brian_Mallon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41406" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When I download and setup the mod everything is broken..... All the original people are dead and the titans company is the only one around and starts in the 1980s not 1920s</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're playing the wrong mod. There are 2 mods included, 1920 and 1980.</p>

One other note, I noticed the Narratives aren't filled out fully in a few cases and some promotions/regions were sitting inactive for years. Just filled them in, excluding the Joshi promotion in the late 20's as the men's promotion starts a year or so earlier and gives their industry a boost.

I assume that was the intention and maybe a conversion problem. Just want to make sure so I'm playing a sim how you intended the world to be, and later trying some of my own tweaks.