The Effganic Bundle - Organic Mods [RELEASE]

http://i.imgur.com/55B8XQM.png

Effganic 1920

The mod starts in the 1920's with the birth of professional wrestling (in my universe). There are 9 workers in the mod, 1 owner, 1 booker, and 7 wrestlers (1 from each game area). You set the worker generation to high or extremely high and let the game populate the world. This makes each and every game you play very very different. The aforementioned workers are all equipped and set up to create their own promotions down the line, spreading wrestling into all game areas. As the game progresses more and more promotions come into the picture. As of right now there are about 70 promotions in the database, set to come onto the scene at specific times.

There are also currently 7 eras set up to help evolve the wrestling world with specific trends. There are also 13 dojos at the start of the game, these aren't "wrestling schools" but instead boxing, wrestling, and sumo backgrounds.

As time progresses PPV carriers (30) and television networks (108) begin showing up.

Effganic: Not Ready for Prime Time

The forming of the first true pro wrestling promotion, Southern Pro Wrestling, catapulted what had been a Carnival side show into a popular and legitimate sport. Fans quickly took the the idea, pushing for more promotions to open up in the United States and across the world. Men like Joe Boone, Daniel Loiselle, and Levi Andrews would translate their success and popularity in the United States to open up promotions of their own, continuing the traditions all had formed in SPW. It didn't take long for pro wrestling to become a global sport as successful promotions could be found in America, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Japan, England and Australia. The quick rise of the sport and selection of Los Angeles as an Olympic host made for a perfect marriage; professional wrestling as an Olympic competition. This decision would ultimately lead to wrestling's catastrophic ending.

Much like any other Olympic competition, trials and matches were scheduled in each competing country, putting together the official teams. It was no surprise that some of the SPW originals were captains for their country's teams. As the competitions went on, it was no surprise that these originals were the stars and ultimately being ones who claimed medals. In a bit of a surprise, major underdog Levi Andrews upset, six time wrestler of the year, Danielle Loiselle to claim the gold medal. This was a major shock and a lot of money was lost in gambling. When the dust settled on the Olympics there were still some left with sour tastes in their mouths, specifically the International Olympic Committee and certain organized crime members. Pro Wrestling, for the first time, was really being looked at under a microscope.

The hammer dropped. The digging into pro wrestling revealed an ugly secret that all in the business had known and kept hidden; wrestling was fixed. Evidence found that dating back until at least the birth of SPW, pro wrestlers were predetermining the outcome of matches in order to get the most from the fans. This even included the Olympics. The founding members of Southern Pro had concocted a plan that would put most of them over as well as ensure a major payday for all those involved. The world was outraged. The entire competition was stricken from the books, pro wrestling permanently removed from the Olympics, and each country left to handle the disciplines on their own. With many of the wrestlers terrified of potential mafia blowback, they worked closely and willingly with the government bodies to reach a deal. America was the first to outright ban the "sport", with many countries following suit after. Professional wrestling was dead.

DOWNLOAD 2.1

Visit the Effverse Hype thread and submit a character!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly the new Randomly Generated Promotions-Feature means that Effganic 1920 is broken.

I'm sorry but that's a silly thing to say. One feature may not be working quite well yet, Adam has said he's changing the way said feature works. I know effin's work well, it's always quality.

so, i'm not at all certain about the reason for this, but i've simmed a few years in both of the databases and i've yet to see a single indy show take place, and the news are full of workers complaining about being rusty whenever i take a look at them. Any idea whats' the matter? Indies seem sorta important here for workers to get SOME degree of overness/training/scouting on them.

It takes a while for there to be enough workers for indy shows to actually run... the first few years may be a little rough as the game world gets populated, but in the long term things will go rather well. :) I'm looking to give this a go with a super long term 1920 sim/game... see if I can carve out an NWA type game world and cause all kinds of mischief. :)

Very nice mod indeed. I had suspicions what would this be but I am currently running in the years 1928. Very nice, thanks a tone. PS: Fleisch, don't get distracted, I want real world chronicles when I get bored with this... well that is never lol :D

I am loving this mod. At first I didn't think it was for me, but after reading Bonafide_Bluffa diary and giving it another shot, I am serious in love with his whole organic mod concept. You did a great job with this and I look forward to your full mod.

First of all, I would like to say that the 1920 mod is an absolute blast to play.

Now, the one thing that bugs me - the venue selection screen always comes up blank, even though I have imported venues and they show up when I look at the database. I don't know if that's just me, or if it happens in other people's games as well.

Here's an example http://i.imgur.com/l88AURL.jpg