The Official ThunderVerse Thread

Love the Ito-gun idea, also like how you brought the COBRA over, too — it just fits perfectly.

Now that I’ve hit national, I’ve considered establishing relationships like NJPW has with ROH and CMLL and hitting the West Coast for some shows.

In mid 2017 in my UPJ save, N-EW in Europe was in the red so I bought them out and asborbed their cult pop in Europe. Now I have a nice sized PPV deal there and free-to-air commercial deals and the pop is almost to National in a second game area. I also started running shows in the Tri State to start building pop there and now I have regional pop in the US. It takes a long time to build pop in a second area unless you buy someone out. But it's fun booking those shows, I do things like UPJ American Invasion: Brooklyn and UPJ Summit SuperCard: Paris. It's a fun extra wrinkle to the save.

Motivated by a newfound interest in NJPW and the updates by several people in this thread, I've sat down in the last few days and started up a UPJ save of my own. I'm unabashedly modeling myself after New Japan with the scheduling, and I've pushed the Ozeki Summit back to the summer like someone mentioned they did already in their own save. I like the idea of my tournament winners getting their title shots at Hall of Immortals, so I needed to get the tournaments as close to November as I could. I've also booked two weeks, but its already been a blast.

The biggest news out of New Years Sprint (like I said, unabashed) was the return of Dagger Ito after being unceremoniously fired a few years prior and the formation of Ito-gun, a stable headed by Dagger and veterans Harada and Eda, along with Tiger Singh and Dustin LeFever (who sort of just fell into the group because he uses Tiger as his translator backstage). They attacked members of both United Throne and RENEGADES following Sprint's Main Event, so its hard to say whether they're good guys as of yet or not. Ito swears they have positive motives, though its hard to say whether the veteran still holds a grudge or not. A few more members of this faction debut over the next couple shows. I poached Morita and Gono from HONOUR, with the latter providing much needed microphone skills to the stable, as well as the Ambassador's Club from DRAGON. Junior heavy at the moment, but that might change down the road.

After Sprint, I held a four-show mini-tour titled LuchaMania to put a spotlight on a few members of our new partners, GILL (ILL and CLLM weren't interested in partnerships). I brought over El Segador, Black Panther, El Rebelde Rojo and Jaguar del Oro for the first year. Panther quickly aligned with RENEGADE for the tour, wrestling against combinations of Thunder Iesada, Rojo, and other openers. Oro teamed with Captain UPJ and Kinjo for the whole tour as they fought in a series of six-man tags against the four factions in the company, while Segador competed in the eight-man elimination tournament to crown the first COBRA Openweight championship (Tiger Singh would ultimately win the title against Ram Diablo in the finals). Hope to bring over even more competitors next year, and I got a feeling Panther and Oro will come back even sooner on a touring contract.

Building towards my two big shows at the end of January and start of February with the following marquee match-ups.

Juro Deguchi vs Erik van Rijn

Kozue vs Furosato

Goto & Kato vs Pain & Torture

Tiger Singh vs TBD

As for the rest of my hires, I've tried to limit myself. Gao Xi and the Harris guy were brought in as extra Young Lions to eat pinfalls, while the trio of friends were signed as well. Working relationships were established with PWI and GBWF as well, so their talent will likely be seen on shows before too long too.

Yet another very interesting game with UPJ. I like that yours it just different enough from mine and some of the other users' games to make it unique. Rehiring Dagger Ito is a great idea, I know it's probably not a possibility due to others being locked into exclusive contracts, but it'd be cool to have him lead "exiled" stars like some of the DIASPORA Juniors like Sairento and Zodiac, and HONOUR guys like Kenta Sonoda and Gonshiro Anzai.

I've been thinking of doing my own co-promoted tour with GILL since I've been partnered with them since the beginning and only traded a couple times. Nice to see that it worked for you. As for partnering with GBWF, use the hell out of it! By 2020, where I am now, Danny McManus and Darren Williams have become ~70 pop across Japan because of constantly touring with myself, HONOUR, FKPW, etc. It helps they can pull 90 and above rated matches. Graham Mackenzie has been employed by me for as long as I can remember as well. I have a HUGE UK presence that I should really make a storyline out of. McManus and Williams who tour all the time, Mackenzie, James Gilmour, Paul Crowley, Aydan Farrell, Sean Girven (my favorite worker, what a superstar), Fergus Storm, Dave Hartnett. Some other European guys like the top dogs from N-EW when I bought them out, Magnus Stonebreaker (another superstar from Iceland), Erik van Rijn obviously, and plenty others. British and European scene in the TVerse is wildly talented.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>An update on my AWF game. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm approaching the Battle for Los Angeles and so now it's time to figure out who I want to win that battle royal and gain a guaranteed title shot whenever they want (Royal Rumble meets Money in the Bank, basically). </p><p> </p><p>

My shortlist of potential winners is:</p><p>

<strong>Timothy Hawk</strong> - Hawk is both the most likely candidate to win it and the least likely, since he doesn't really need the push that winning would give him. Plus, Hawk is at a level where he can basically challenge for the title whenever he wants and instantly be credible. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cross </strong>- Cross has long been one of my project wrestlers, someone I want to see get a main event push. I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on him. He had a strong feud with Core and now he's feuding with Hawk. I could have him eliminate Hawk as part of their storyline. That would be a huge upset. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Derrick Rollins</strong> - He's solid and definitely a future main eventer, but he's just not quite there yet. Plus, he's still the United States Champion and he should focus on defending that and putting on solid matches to build up his momentum. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Garrett South</strong> - Another one who's just not quite there yet. He's got the overness for it but he needs more seasoning in the ring. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Core </strong>- A dark horse contender, but no battle royal is ever going to be completely safe from this monster. Still, Core just held the title and recently was in a title program with Silva Dolla so I think I'm going to avoid putting him back in the title picture so soon.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jean-Claude Giroux</strong> - I always struggle with Giroux. He's such a great worker, and always gets listed by Creative as the top heel of the company, even though Dolla has the title. I might have Giroux sneak a win.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sigilistic" data-cite="Sigilistic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>An update on my AWF game. <p> </p><p> I'm approaching the Battle for Los Angeles and so now it's time to figure out who I want to win that battle royal and gain a guaranteed title shot whenever they want (Royal Rumble meets Money in the Bank, basically). </p><p> </p><p> My shortlist of potential winners is:</p><p> <strong>Timothy Hawk</strong> - Hawk is both the most likely candidate to win it and the least likely, since he doesn't really need the push that winning would give him. Plus, Hawk is at a level where he can basically challenge for the title whenever he wants and instantly be credible. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Cross </strong>- Cross has long been one of my project wrestlers, someone I want to see get a main event push. I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on him. He had a strong feud with Core and now he's feuding with Hawk. I could have him eliminate Hawk as part of their storyline. That would be a huge upset. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Derrick Rollins</strong> - He's solid and definitely a future main eventer, but he's just not quite there yet. Plus, he's still the United States Champion and he should focus on defending that and putting on solid matches to build up his momentum. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Garrett South</strong> - Another one who's just not quite there yet. He's got the overness for it but he needs more seasoning in the ring. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Core </strong>- A dark horse contender, but no battle royal is ever going to be completely safe from this monster. Still, Core just held the title and recently was in a title program with Silva Dolla so I think I'm going to avoid putting him back in the title picture so soon.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jean-Claude Giroux</strong> - I always struggle with Giroux. He's such a great worker, and always gets listed by Creative as the top heel of the company, even though Dolla has the title. I might have Giroux sneak a win.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my many plans of AWF games (though none go anywhere), the 2016 Battle for LA winner is always either Cross or a returning V.I.P.</p><p> </p><p> Usually Cross if I want Hawk to win the feud with Dolla and VIP if I want Dolla to win.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Markw" data-cite="Markw" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my many plans of AWF games (though none go anywhere), the 2016 Battle for LA winner is always either Cross or a returning V.I.P.<p> </p><p> Usually Cross if I want Hawk to win the feud with Dolla and VIP if I want Dolla to win.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't think about VIP, that's another good suggestion. He'd be good for the "surprise returning superstar" angle. </p><p> </p><p> I ended up cutting Hawk and Dolla's program short for a few reasons. One is that I want to keep Hawk away from the title program for a while, so that he can return to it at WrestleFest for the big feel-good main event win. Another is that I was also ending Core and Cross' storyline and needed to find them both new dance partners. I also am leaning toward resuming the Hawk/Dolla feud for WrestleFest, where I can really lean into the story of the title coming between their friendship.</p>

<p>Very nearly thought about giving an AWF game a run but decided to stick to GWS for now.</p><p> </p><p>

I've left a few guys leave at this point because their contracts expired and I could get equally as good unemployed guys for cheaper. Ray Lisbon is gone, Lord Simon Darcy is out, Erik Wayne decided to quit after a few too many losses. Brought in guys like Gold Phoenix, El Rebelde Rojo, Eddy Orion, Aiden Quinn & Wakizashi. Just a real mix of guys for what I want to be a PWG-like identity. Oh, and Fergus Storm was signed to an exclusive by UPJ. </p><p> </p><p>

Pierre Lejosne pissed off and beat Luke Graves to become a double champ. He will eventually lose the Red Phoenix belt to Tony Ramos. I also made him a figurehead while I was at it. </p><p> </p><p>

I've been keeping the belts away from the Staffordshire Saints for long enough so I'll finally transition the titles from Violent Ambition over to them to start the year off. I had them lose their first challenge for the sake of stretching out the rivalry. They're easily better and Arran Lennox is creeping into singles star territory. I've lost a lot of teams over the past year with Kevin Maxx, Ray Lisbon & Ravers heading out the door so I'm trying to come up with some new pairings.</p><p> </p><p>

Our financial woes are also improving with smaller wages & higher ticket sales. I think we'll hit regional next year (we were at 26/27 pop last I checked), and grab that South West local TV deal. Not sure where we will go from there; I still like the idea of being a special attraction company and just racking up pop in the area until we start turning a profit and can just bring whichever big stars are available at a given time. Considering there's only a few months left in TEW's lifetime, I'd like to not be crazy ambitious with my growth plans.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very nearly thought about giving an AWF game a run but decided to stick to GWS for now.<p> </p><p> I've left a few guys leave at this point because their contracts expired and I could get equally as good unemployed guys for cheaper. Ray Lisbon is gone, Lord Simon Darcy is out, Erik Wayne decided to quit after a few too many losses. Brought in guys like Gold Phoenix, El Rebelde Rojo, Eddy Orion, Aiden Quinn & Wakizashi. Just a real mix of guys for what I want to be a PWG-like identity. Oh, and Fergus Storm was signed to an exclusive by UPJ. </p><p> </p><p> Pierre Lejosne pissed off and beat Luke Graves to become a double champ. He will eventually lose the Red Phoenix belt to Tony Ramos. I also made him a figurehead while I was at it. </p><p> </p><p> I've been keeping the belts away from the Staffordshire Saints for long enough so I'll finally transition the titles from Violent Ambition over to them to start the year off. I had them lose their first challenge for the sake of stretching out the rivalry. They're easily better and Arran Lennox is creeping into singles star territory. I've lost a lot of teams over the past year with Kevin Maxx, Ray Lisbon & Ravers heading out the door so I'm trying to come up with some new pairings.</p><p> </p><p> Our financial woes are also improving with smaller wages & higher ticket sales. I think we'll hit regional next year (we were at 26/27 pop last I checked), and grab that South West local TV deal. Not sure where we will go from there; I still like the idea of being a special attraction company and just racking up pop in the area until we start turning a profit and can just bring whichever big stars are available at a given time. Considering there's only a few months left in TEW's lifetime, I'd like to not be crazy ambitious with my growth plans.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm enjoying reading your updates!</p><p> </p><p> An update of my own: </p><p> The feud between Cross and Timothy Hawk is red hot, which is great. I ended up pulling the trigger on Cross with the Battle for Los Angeles, he won it with Hawk being the final elimination. </p><p> </p><p> My plan is for Hawk to go over Silva Dolla at WrestleFest in a big moment. Then the next show, Cross will cash in and win after Hawk wrestles a bruising title defense rematch with Dolla. This will lead to a three-way feud between the men that should carry the company into the fall. </p><p> </p><p> I've been judicious with my signings this go-round. I brought in Ambassador's Club (re-named Wrestling Royalty) to add some life to my tag team division. I plan on bringing in more teams but slowly. Right now, my division consists of WR and ALPHA, who are just squashing no-names every week to build momentum. </p><p> </p><p> I poached Mike O'Reilly from PWI, he's not sitting in my upper midcard as another solid hand who can compete for the U.S. title and make my main eventers look good. </p><p> </p><p> And I brought in VIP, who re-debuted at the Battle for Los Angeles, and who's now feuding with his former tag team partner Ricky Fyre. My plan is to build him up to a title run down the road.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sigilistic" data-cite="Sigilistic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm enjoying reading your updates!<p> </p><p> An update of my own: </p><p> The feud between Cross and Timothy Hawk is red hot, which is great. I ended up pulling the trigger on Cross with the Battle for Los Angeles, he won it with Hawk being the final elimination. </p><p> </p><p> My plan is for Hawk to go over Silva Dolla at WrestleFest in a big moment. Then the next show, Cross will cash in and win after Hawk wrestles a bruising title defense rematch with Dolla. This will lead to a three-way feud between the men that should carry the company into the fall. </p><p> </p><p> I've been judicious with my signings this go-round. I brought in Ambassador's Club (re-named Wrestling Royalty) to add some life to my tag team division. I plan on bringing in more teams but slowly. Right now, my division consists of WR and ALPHA, who are just squashing no-names every week to build momentum. </p><p> </p><p> I poached Mike O'Reilly from PWI, he's not sitting in my upper midcard as another solid hand who can compete for the U.S. title and make my main eventers look good. </p><p> </p><p> And I brought in VIP, who re-debuted at the Battle for Los Angeles, and who's now feuding with his former tag team partner Ricky Fyre. My plan is to build him up to a title run down the road.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> the BOLA for your AWF is cash-in anytime like MITB? </p><p> </p><p> ive never given VIP a push because of his age tbh haha. whats the name of the young arabic dude in AWF. my biggest AWF regret is never making him the biggest star in TVerse. Just love the idea of him being the face of wrestling</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>justice for ray lisbon >:{</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> will push in tew 2020.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>the BOLA for your AWF is cash-in anytime like MITB? <p> </p><p> ive never given VIP a push because of his age tbh haha. whats the name of the young arabic dude in AWF. my biggest AWF regret is never making him the biggest star in TVerse. Just love the idea of him being the face of wrestling</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> will push in tew 2020.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, VIP is a little long in the tooth, but he has the advantage of already being main event level over so there isn't much work needed to plug him right in and get good grades out of him. </p><p> </p><p> Sharif Awar has a rocket strapped to him. I've been feeding him steady midcarder wins and my plan is for him to take the United States title off of Derrick Rollins at WrestleFest.</p>

Yeah, VIP is a little long in the tooth, but he has the advantage of already being main event level over so there isn't much work needed to plug him right in and get good grades out of him.

Sharif Awar has a rocket strapped to him. I've been feeding him steady midcarder wins and my plan is for him to take the United States title off of Derrick Rollins at WrestleFest.

You better go far enough for him to take Timothy Hawk's title at a WrestleFest main event where they pass the torch.

199afe9c84c1b853a7a533ed83cb57d3.png

Poor lad. Especially sad considering his real world alternative.

EDIT: Also discovered Luke Graves contract is expiring and since he lost to Pierre Lejosne and has Big Morale issues, he wont resign. I dont mind considering I didnt get to use him on any Warfare!. I'll have to add another guy to the roster. I already signed Jean-Luc Pascual to replace Erik Wayne.

You better go far enough for him to take Timothy Hawk's title at a WrestleFest main event where they pass the torch.

199afe9c84c1b853a7a533ed83cb57d3.png

Poor lad. Especially sad considering his real world alternative.

EDIT: Also discovered Luke Graves contract is expiring and since he lost to Pierre Lejosne and has Big Morale issues, he wont resign. I dont mind considering I didnt get to use him on any Warfare!. I'll have to add another guy to the roster. I already signed Jean-Luc Pascual to replace Erik Wayne.

How many shows a month do you run?

How many shows a month do you run?

Default schedule so 1/1/2/1/1/3/1/1/2/1/1/2

I added the Camilo Rosario Memorial Show on the anniversary of the head booker's death though so there's one month with 3 shows.

Had my best match yet: Tony Ramos took the Red Phoenix title from Pierre Lejosne, next show he challenges to take his other title, the People's Representative.

EDIT: I'm tempted to start cashing out big bucks for guest appearances. Drake Richards vs. Eddy Orion as a hidden gem? Buff Norton vs. DISCO Fox?

Default schedule so 1/1/2/1/1/3/1/1/2/1/1/2

I added the Camilo Rosario Memorial Show on the anniversary of the head booker's death though so there's one month with 3 shows.

Had my best match yet: Tony Ramos took the Red Phoenix title from Pierre Lejosne, next show he challenges to take his other title, the People's Representative.

EDIT: I'm tempted to start cashing out big bucks for guest appearances. Drake Richards vs. Eddy Orion as a hidden gem? Buff Norton vs. DISCO Fox?

Just out of curiosity, what's Seven Brandt up to in your game? He always seems to make it big in mine.

And Drake Richards must charge an arm and a leg to appear.

Just out of curiosity, what's Seven Brandt up to in your game? He always seems to make it big in mine.

And Drake Richards must charge an arm and a leg to appear.

Drake Richards would cost 4500$ to show up. So yeah, pretty much.

Seven Brandt is still CCW Tag Team Champion. He toured with UPJ and is currently touring with LETHAL. So average indy guy.

Letting Shannon Sorensen go. He's got bad morale, is a very negative influence, and costs more than he's worth. I can find someone much cheaper.

Roster has changed a lot because I've let a lot of contracts run out and resigned cheaper options. But I dont feel uncomfortable with that because it's a rotation of a lot of young guys who are unemployed and getting a chance. With Pierre Lejosne main eventing, I dont have too many concerns about grades. And I've got Tony Ramos, Arran Lennox & Mickie Violent as secret weapons if Lejosne cant wrestle.

Forgot about my Freedom Series tag team tournament. Going to have to somehow hire enough guys within 5 days. It's going to be a guaranteed win for the new GWS Top Militia champs Staffordshire Saints tbh. Last year Pierre & Clement won it. I dont think Pierre can work the sunday show though so he won't participate this year.

Wrapped up the Freedom Series tournament. Clement Lejosne was brought in permanently alongside a young lad called Tetsuya Takayama). Shannon Sorensen & Bear Zanev, main eventers this time last year, walk off into the sunset. Both are on the expensive end and Shannon was a dick.

I'm not quite sure if this was Bear Zanev's last show (he might be able to sneak in one more show). If it is, he teamed up with Jaws in the tournament and lost in the quarter finals against the eventual winners. Shannon Sorensen went for it with Mickie Violent but fell short of last year's finals finish with a loss to last year's victors Lejosne Wrestle Factory in the semi-finals.

Discovered two excellent chemistries in this tournament as well. Eddy Orion & Wakizashi were sleepers and made it all the way to the semis to lose to the Saints. Future tag team champions for sure. The other pair was Gold Phoenix & Tetsuya Takayama. So that's some good reinforcement for my thinning tag division.

Finals had Saints beat LWF. Usually I like to have a main event singles match but I let everyone compete in the tournament so there wasnt one. The tournament final is always inevitably a dud because of the fatigue. I'm going to have a rematch by proxy of LWF never getting their due title match last year because Clement was "unavailable".

Aside from that, we made our first bit of profit last month! 534$

We are also one show away from regional and we'll get ourselves that syndication deal asap. I havent decided how I'll proceed from there. The deal probably wont be profitable but should I slow my own progress to have a 1hr weekly show? Or should I just use that deal to broadcast my events? I'm thinking I'll stick to just events for now.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We are also one show away from regional and we'll get ourselves that syndication deal asap. I havent decided how I'll proceed from there. The deal probably wont be profitable but should I slow my own progress to have a 1hr weekly show? Or should I just use that deal to broadcast my events? I'm thinking I'll stick to just events for now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's been awhile since I played a smaller promotion, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would think that having a weekly show would drain your finances real quick, even if its syndicated. I'd personally say stick with televising the events for the time being, then when you got the cash built up and decent pop, then go weekly.</p>

It's been awhile since I played a smaller promotion, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would think that having a weekly show would drain your finances real quick, even if its syndicated. I'd personally say stick with televising the events for the time being, then when you got the cash built up and decent pop, then go weekly.

It actually depends on the talent you have. If you've got small enough wages, and sell more tickets than you spend on workers, you're inherently making a profit on each show no matter what. If that show is 1hr for example and you've got 3 matches on it, you're definitely making a shitton back from ticket sales alone. Now, it requires more careful management of funds and depending on the rules you have on, careful making sure each talent gets to appear on the show now & then so as to not anger them. It also means burning more match-ups faster.

My hesitation is more so based on the fact that I enjoy moving through time faster. Right now Im seeing a pathway towards continuing the PWG lifestyle as a special show in the South West that is huge but exclusive and a special occasion, and the other is a MLW/NWA Power-esque route where I'm a solid alternative to all the other companies.

Both are relatively easy tbh.

It actually depends on the talent you have. If you've got small enough wages, and sell more tickets than you spend on workers, you're inherently making a profit on each show no matter what. If that show is 1hr for example and you've got 3 matches on it, you're definitely making a shitton back from ticket sales alone. Now, it requires more careful management of funds and depending on the rules you have on, careful making sure each talent gets to appear on the show now & then so as to not anger them. It also means burning more match-ups faster.

My hesitation is more so based on the fact that I enjoy moving through time faster. Right now Im seeing a pathway towards continuing the PWG lifestyle as a special show in the South West that is huge but exclusive and a special occasion, and the other is a MLW/NWA Power-esque route where I'm a solid alternative to all the other companies.

Both are relatively easy tbh.

Well in that case, I think you hit the nail on the head: would you rather go straight for cult and become a viable 4th (or 5th?) US option, or stay at regional for awhile? You could definitely become the DRAGON of the West Coast

I'm in a show right now so I cant check but I must have deaths at high or something because people are dropping like flies. Timothy Hawk & Shay Kinsella have both passed away within a year. AWF are struggling enough for virtually all of their games to be available because they're on PPA.

I started GWS TV! Not quite smooth sailings so far. The jump to regional killed our production values and raising those killed our finances. We're staying in the south west until our shows become profitable. The goal is to host shows in South West exclusively until we make a profit for that month, and then, unless its an Event, we do our show at the closest area to 23 (to get a syndication deal). We'll do this throughout the area and slowly build up our pop in South West as well as our TV deals across the U.S.

Most immediate one is likely Mid South thanks to spillover. Should just take a dozen or so shows to get them up to scratch.

<p>First tour of 2017 is done, and while not much changed in January and February in terms of hires or title matches — ROYALTY repeated as Junior Tag Grand Prix winners but were unable to beat HashiWara for the titles at Ignition in January — March had a lot of action.</p><p> </p><p>

In the UPJ Invitational, EVR knocks off Juro Deguchi in the semifinal, while Oda Yamawaki defeats Kintaro Kinjo. EVR wins the final, earning a title shot at Procession of Champions.</p><p> </p><p>

Takehide Harada's contract was coming to a close, and I decided to let run it out instead of re-signing him because his best days were behind him. The week before Procession of Champions, I had a Hall of Fame show for him, where he won a six-man tag match with Kintaro Kinjo and Ryotaro Naruto over the FEARLESS team of Oda Yamawaki, Goto and Kato. You're probably supposed to go out on your back... but, since Harada's three-decade career was defined by never winning the big one, I decided to let him go out on top.</p><p> </p><p>

Procession of Champions was in front of 45,000 at Jingu Stadium, and it did not disappoint with several A matches on the card.</p><p> </p><p>

- HashiWara retain the Junior Tag titles in a phenomenal opener against Nakada & Yamada.</p><p>

- Junichi Matsuo and REVILED snatch the COBRA Openweight titles from the Deguchi-gun team of Fergus Storm, Graham Mackenzie and Sean Girven. RENEGADES get their hands on some belts again. Matsuo and Cassidy have been putting out some incredible performances recently.</p><p>

- Waotaka Eda & Ram Diablo retain the World Tag titles against Tokyo Underground.</p><p>

- A larger Deguchi-gun team, led by Juro, beats Christian Prophet + The Fallen + The Forgotten in a special showcase match to break up the card some.</p><p>

- Kato retains the COBRA Openweight title in a rematch against TEMPEST Masato.</p><p>

- Goto retains the Junior Heavyweight title against Thunder Iesada after Goto challenged him during Rebellion... he felt that no junior title reign would be truly complete without facing the legend himself.</p><p>

- Kintaro Kinjo gets pushed to the absolute limit by EVR but retains the World Heavyweight title. After the match, Oda Yamawaki stops Kinjo in the middle of his speech to the crowd and reminds him that a) he pinned him in the UPJ Invitational and b) he hadn't gotten his shot at a rematch from Hall of Immortals.</p><p> </p><p>

So now we're gearing up for the Junior Mountain and Ozeki Summit summer tour. D'Anton Joubert's contract with HONOUR is ending, so I'm going to try to snag him to get one more heavy hitter in the junior division to go alongside Furosoto, Goto and Naruto (who has lost a step but can still hang with the juniors). The Mountain should be big for both Storm and Matsuo, as both have star potential in the division. Kris Phoenix is still out for a while with injury.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Question... so Ikina continues to be a pain backstage, and his stagnant B- rating in announcing has a tendency to drag matches down. Oimikado seems to be stuck on B- as well, while Ki (my user character) is now up to A on color. LETHAL's announcer is the only one I can get who is rated higher, but he's just a B and loyal to them, so no written deal. What should I do?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-cite="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> Question... so Ikina continues to be a pain backstage, and his stagnant B- rating in announcing has a tendency to drag matches down. Oimikado seems to be stuck on B- as well, while Ki (my user character) is now up to A on color. LETHAL's announcer is the only one I can get who is rated higher, but he's just a B and loyal to them, so no written deal. What should I do?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I could be wrong on this but if LETHAL's announcer is on a PPA, I think that even if he's loyal you'll be fine to use him on a PPA since he'll choose you every clash over them. Other solutions are that language barriers dont matter so you can go overseas for one, or you stick with the guys you currently have and add a third announcer on commentary that is young and that you can develop.</p><p> </p><p> --</p><p> </p><p> So my game world has been pretty hectic. Timothy Hawk is dead. My head booker died. Shay Kinsella died. And just now, UPJ "owner" Tatsumi Nagata died. I genuinely feel like the industry is in an awkward spot, a lot of guys hanging around unemployed too. I hope I can start making money so I can give these guys a spot on my shows.</p><p> </p><p> Starting my Revolucion Series tournament and expanding it to 24 guys. It'll be a tight job fitting the first 2 rounds into 4 1hr shows but I think we can manage. I don't see anyone but Pierre retaining, even if he is currently the champ. I really wanna bring in the other Lejosne & the Magnificent Mountie as well as the Lapointe family down the line. </p><p> </p><p> Financially, the production department is murdering me. I've lost 50K in two months, that was half of my budget. Badly underestimated it. I'm not worried about it because 6 months is plenty of time to gain enough pop to start making the money back but it's still a tad scary. </p><p> </p><p> As I'm writing this, I just discovered that WrestleX rescheduled their touring shows to be on wednesday & their next big event also clashes with my Warfare. This is pretty bad because Pierre Lejosne wrestles for them and they're big enough that he'll for sure choose them over me. I'm going to have him lose in round 2 most likely, which means we will get a fresh tournament winning after all. Sucks to end his winning streak that way but I've got little choice in that regard. The easy option is to reschedule but on principle I dont like to do that because its pretty unrealistic.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-cite="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question... so Ikina continues to be a pain backstage, and his stagnant B- rating in announcing has a tendency to drag matches down. Oimikado seems to be stuck on B- as well, while Ki (my user character) is now up to A on color. LETHAL's announcer is the only one I can get who is rated higher, but he's just a B and loyal to them, so no written deal. What should I do?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> First off, still digging the game.</p><p> </p><p> The announcer situation is definitely a catch-22. Your UC is an A, so obviously you will use him. My suggestion is do not use the guy from LETHAL if you are running a normal touring schedule, i.e. 2/3/4 shows a week. Having to pay him per appearance for 15+ shows a month if not more will make him just as expensive as your top guys. Maybe try to find a young guy with potential and make him a 3rd?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I could be wrong on this but if LETHAL's announcer is on a PPA, I think that even if he's loyal you'll be fine to use him on a PPA since he'll choose you every clash over them. Other solutions are that language barriers dont matter so you can go overseas for one, or you stick with the guys you currently have and add a third announcer on commentary that is young and that you can develop.<p> </p><p> --</p><p> </p><p> So my game world has been pretty hectic. Timothy Hawk is dead. My head booker died. Shay Kinsella died. And just now, UPJ "owner" Tatsumi Nagata died. I genuinely feel like the industry is in an awkward spot, a lot of guys hanging around unemployed too. I hope I can start making money so I can give these guys a spot on my shows.</p><p> </p><p> Starting my Revolucion Series tournament and expanding it to 24 guys. It'll be a tight job fitting the first 2 rounds into 4 1hr shows but I think we can manage. I don't see anyone but Pierre retaining, even if he is currently the champ. I really wanna bring in the other Lejosne & the Magnificent Mountie as well as the Lapointe family down the line. </p><p> </p><p> Financially, the production department is murdering me. I've lost 50K in two months, that was half of my budget. Badly underestimated it. I'm not worried about it because 6 months is plenty of time to gain enough pop to start making the money back but it's still a tad scary. </p><p> </p><p> As I'm writing this, I just discovered that WrestleX rescheduled their touring shows to be on wednesday & their next big event also clashes with my Warfare. This is pretty bad because Pierre Lejosne wrestles for them and they're big enough that he'll for sure choose them over me. I'm going to have him lose in round 2 most likely, which means we will get a fresh tournament winning after all. Sucks to end his winning streak that way but I've got little choice in that regard. The easy option is to reschedule but on principle I dont like to do that because its pretty unrealistic.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The biggest takeaway I have is a lot of people are dying lol</p>

Halfway through 2017. Arran Lennox ended up beating Clement Lejosne, Eddy Orion & Tony Ramos in a fatal four way finale for my Revolucion Series tournament. He's got a guaranteed shot at Pierre's belt and I'm having it at the memorial show (if Pierre can show up). Arran Lennox will end up winning the belt. If I decide to take the Top Militia belt off the Stafforshire Saints, it will likely go to my lamely named Golden Lovers pairing of Eddy Orion & Wakizashi. I have no qualms with doing this now since I know Wakizashi is due back in Japan at some point so I'd rather give him his reign. They're doing amazing as a pair so it really is fine.

Hopefully WrestleX can stop having show clashes with me. They're doing amazing and racked up some more Syndication deals recently. The Club ended up getting bought it (forget by who) while at Cult. WrestleX is basically the top of the indies though CWT/DRAGON/HCG/AWF/PWI are still ahead. CWT is also technically a regional-sized company.

Curious: who are must-sign future workers? I haven't really been paying attention since I dont have the financial flexibility but I'd love to add them to my shortlist.

Again had an internal desire to grab AWF today but decided against it. We're down to 15K and slowly closing in on a profit I think.

We've got a couple of contract expiries coming up. Darren Corbett & DISCO Fox. Decent chance I let both of them leave. Corbett has more of a chance of staying but as much as I like DISCO Fox as a solid midcarder, I enjoy rotating the roster out. It sucks that that means he will probably rot unemployed but he hasn't exactly done anything to prove he deserves to be pushed and I can get someone cheaper.

Anyways on the road to People's Representative Arran Lennox we go.

disco fox nooooooooo :(

too bad he wont get chem with anyone on my roster so he can stick around as a tag team ;(

--

Arran Lennox is the new People's Representative. Also retained Top Militia against Golden Lovers (Eddy & Wakizashi). I'm thinking Mickie Violent & Bobby Lonely get a shot next, then the Wolverines, then Golden Lovers will seal the deal and take the belts away. Arran Lennox will hold onto People's Rep till Lejosne is available consistently.

Tony Ramos remains Red Phoenix & I have zero reason to take it off him.

Darren Corbett is being let go & Barry Baugh was brought in. Cheaper & better.

We also made our first profit on a show since we went regional and upgraded all our production value. Next landmark is making at least 14K profit in a month so we can upgrade production values to professional. Then see how much profit we need to make in a month to upgrade it to high quality so we aren't dealing with grade penalties anymore. Once that's up, we start racking up the tv deals while taking advantage of the regional size financial comfort.

WrestleX are being stupid and it makes me mad. Possibly because they're on a touring schedule, they refuse to put neither touring events nor big events on TV. They have 4 syndication deals. It's dumb. They should be taking advantage of those otherwise the AI should not bother signing deals it wont even use.

On a random note, my Be a Star entry is up for Young Wrestler of the Year thanks to his contract with UPJ. Cant wait to have him headline GWS in a few years. If I make it that far.