Beginner here, somewhat overwhelmed by the game.

Coming from EWR, this is my first real TEW game. I've fooled around with 2005 and the 13 demo but never got to actual booking. Couple of questions I have. Sorry if they're easy ones.

How do I manage morale effectively? I'm only a month in and like 12 people have morale issues.

What do I do about people who keep bouncing between pushes. For example, Terri wants to be pushed in the Women's Division. I'll assign her that push and then she'll claim she doesn't want to be an in-ring competitor. Shane McMahon is the same way. How do I fix this?

Sorry if these are easily overlooked questions. Still getting used to the game.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand, I botched the topic title lol.

If you have popular people losing to far less popular people then it will have an impact on morale. If you mishandled some disciplinary situation that could be it for some. If a worker was too high or drunk up in a match then it will piss off the other competitors. If you leave anyone off of major events or leave them off for a prolonged period of time that would do it. Bad turns or gimmick changes too.

Hello!

I can't answer most of your questions, but I actually came from EWR as well. What made it easier for me, in terms of being overwhelmed, is I actually started out by creating my own company in the cornellverse. It's at regional level, so I don't have to deal with the added issues, larger roster, multiple TV show juggling that I'd see in a national WWE style company. It has made the transition easier! I suggest trying it.

Coming from EWR, this is my first real TEW game. I've fooled around with 2005 and the 13 demo but never got to actual booking. Couple of questions I have. Sorry if they're easy ones.

How do I manage morale effectively? I'm only a month in and like 12 people have morale issues.

What do I do about people who keep bouncing between pushes. For example, Terri wants to be pushed in the Women's Division. I'll assign her that push and then she'll claim she doesn't want to be an in-ring competitor. Shane McMahon is the same way. How do I fix this?

Sorry if these are easily overlooked questions. Still getting used to the game.

Managing morale can definitely be a pain in the bum. You should try avoiding pissing off your main eventers, mostly by not having them lose to people who have less popularity (or essentially when they complain in the match booking screen). Giving a worker time off, a bonus, signing a new contract, post-show speeches and signing someone they have a positive relationship can all improve their morale. That's just some of the things that came to mind. With TEW16, controlling the backstage environment has been made much harder than it used to be.

If you have a lot of drug users getting busted, you should turn drug testing off. If you have a negative influence acting up in the backstage and they're not that valuable to your company, you might as well fire them.

The second issue you're having is actually an issue with the mod you're using. Shane & Terri have been set as having an in-ring & an out-of-ring role (which should never happen!) at the same time. To fix this, go to:

Options > Workers > Shane McMahon / Terri Runnels

Then edit their 'Favored Role' to whatever you want. For Terri, a manager. For Shane, maybe a personality (or semi-active wrestler if you wish to keep using him in the ring every now and then).

How do I fix this?

I've said this multiple times through out the years, ranging from the first ever to the latest TEW: Play the default Cornellverse that comes with the game, do not use Real World mods. All the credit to the hard work and dedication that goes into the RW mods and mods in general but I've always found them extremely faulty and flawed :(

Anyhow, an actual answer:

Go to the editor and edit their Favoured Role tick boxes.

Thanks guys. I'll edit those people's Favored Role then.

Something that's wrecking my morale is Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle always showing up high or boozed up. Had to suspend Van Dam and it pissed off a lot of people.

Also getting people busted for steroid use and it pisses people off when I suspend them.

I'd really stay of the real world modes, or get rid of steroid use, we all know in the 90s everyone used steroids, but it din't do harm to the product, so I guess that you should edit steroid use out of it.

About workers showing up drunk or high, do a drug test on them, then send them to rehab, it will either fix them or make it even worse, if it's worse fire them.

I started twice on the March 87 Real world mod, which I thought was great, but there are just too many drug users, some workers have even multiple habits. I could hardly get the backstage fixed for more than 2 months.

Play Cornelverse, learn the workers, choose a company that attracts you, and you'll enjoy the game.

I've said this multiple times through out the years, ranging from the first ever to the latest TEW: Play the default Cornellverse that comes with the game, do not use Real World mods.

Truth! Except I'd add: "until TEW16 real world mods are released". It's too early for any really good real world mods to come out. Authors have to play the bejesus out of the game to see how the new features shake out before making a mod. It's way too soon for that to have happened (unless the author was on the dev team). Right now, you're playing mods converted from TEW13 and those have been proven not to synch up with this version very well. For example, not everyone in wrestling was using steroids at a level that would adversely affect their performance. Andre the Giant, for example, was a notorious drinker (as noted in a dozen wrestling memoirs) but it didn't adversely affect his in-ring performance. So if you set his alcohol use to 90 and then he's constantly drunk in the game, that data is wrong. Scott Hall on the other hand....

C-Verse works as this version intends. So it might be a good idea to stick to it (either version, present day or '97) at least until the summer.

I also recommend playing CV with a small company to learn the ins and outs of booking. That way you don't have o worry about your ratings as much and can learn the game.

Last year I started a game with GSW, and since the goal of my game was to move up and on, I changed none of the settings. I've played every version of the game except '07 and I found myself learning new things in booking matches because I couldn't just rely on my old habits

I'm in a similar situation to the OP so what would be a good small company to start with?

My recommendation would be 4C in Canada. You have little direct competition, a decent talent pool, a fairly booking-friendly product and a decent starting roster.

Just my two cents.

I agree with the users above. This is my first time I am playing with C-verse and I discovered a new world.

In TEW 13 I only played real world mods but you could notice that world was not really good balanced like the C-verse. The editor part of the game is really complex and to be able to simulate the real life situation is really diffucult.

My suggestion is to start multiple savegames in order to know the mechanics of the game and the workers, when you feel you get the hang of it, you start a long term game.

I am really expiriencing a new world with the CV. I love it.

I've said this multiple times through out the years, ranging from the first ever to the latest TEW: Play the default Cornellverse that comes with the game, do not use Real World mods. All the credit to the hard work and dedication that goes into the RW mods and mods in general but I've always found them extremely faulty and flawed :(

I'm getting so tired of this being said everytime someone has an issue with a RW mod.

Saying play the CV instead is a cop out, plain and simple. It's a fictional database, the word fictional is important. If Wolf Hawkins is busted for steroid use it's impossible to say it's flawed and not due to the fact that it's a fictional database.

You used the backstage stuff as an example and it's a silly example to make, you're comparing non fiction to fiction and holding them to the same standards. If Adam made CV with RW in mind, with obvious RW workers included and easy to edit you may have a point, but he doesn't and as a result CV is extremely different then RW. I could get into many more reasons RW mods are harder to create and play differently but it's probably best for another thread. You say they are "extremely faulty and flawed" while using the CV as a measuring stick, this just amazes me. :rolleyes:

I'm all for playing CV and I personally love it but it's not for everyone. To make the argument however that they're flawed and don't play them, instead play CV is (and excuse the irony) extremely flawed logic.

Edit - http://www.deadwrestlers.net/

You can see how many wrestlers have died over the past 20-30 years. CV has nowhere near that number of workers who have died and not due to those causes. So CV must be extremely faulty and flawed,,,, using the logic that's been on display in this thread. Of course it isn't.... because it's fictional.

Excellent post.

Regarding measuring sticks, people will always have subjective objections due to a lack of understanding about how data should be used in factual real world databases in simulation games.

The same lack of understanding can apply to some mod makers as well who wildly act with bias, or simply don't understand how the engine works to balance real life workers out. Others though, don't.

There is no measuring stick with fantasy databases because they are just that, fantasy. I don't understand the depths some go to to humanise a fictional world that is complete fantasy, the whole point with the CVerse is you can take it where you want to. Perhaps most beautifully you can't actually argue that it is balanced or unbalanced because they don't actually exist!!

There are completely different reasons people will play the C-Verse or a Real World mod but to try and peddle arguments about flaws are just completely misguided.

I don't play the C-Verse but have huge admiration for the work that goes into those kinds of databases. I do enjoy real world mods that are made to a high standard to get the most out of a game. I'd encourage a user to actually use a real world mod when they first start playing. The C-Verse added a lot to a learning curve back when I returned to the franchise for TEW2013 that I very nearly gave up. My enjoyment went up immeasurably when using real world mods such as 1995 and 2001.

Find out what style of game you like to play. There's a few features I turn off. I also tend to start my own companies instead of booking for others, that's just my own personality though. In the last game I would just hire a bunch of good workers who are all on a similar popularity level and push them all as Main Eventers and use the Assistant booker to fill in the card really quickly and use prebooking when I have a really good lineup for a special show. Now that the game uses a different formula for booking the card I just use Auto Booker and then change anything around.

I usually stay away from Angles and all of that fluff and book a more wrestling centric product. I think you can just as easily use your imagination when it comes to booking angles and booking every minute detail. I'll probably get into booking angles and storylines down the road, but I usually feel that it slows down the game too much for me. So I end up with a lot of Puroresu type companies.

But try not to let your main eventers complain. If I have lower card guys complaining, I don't really care if they leave because they're expendable to me anyways and there's always other workers to push if the jobbers don't want to job anymore. I've had backstage ratings of 100% and still had people with moral problems. If you're making a lot of money though, I tend to give everyone a bonus every now and then and that keeps the locker room morale up. Oh and never deny anyone a pay raise. I haven't fooled around with partial pay raises but the game is pretty fair determining their value, and if you deny them a significant raise they'll pretty much leave you fairly quickly.

I've never really cared much for the Cornellverse, I like my real world mods so I'll be anxiously awaiting those when they come out. For now I just create an organic universe that populates itself. I create the owners and the companies and make them all road agents because a fresh game doesn't churn out any road agents for whatever reason. And new road agents won't turn out for about 20 years once the rookies become veterans and can pass down their wisdom and psychology to the next generation. Those games go by really fast and load really fast so that's good for simming long periods of time quickly. The thing with Organic universes is that you either have to create or import all of the small things into the editor. Things like names for workers, events, teams. And you have to import in broadcasters or create your own.

There's a thousand ways to make the game your own, which is the great thing about the TEW series. I started playing over 10 years ago with EWR and got hooked. I've purchased every other game in the series pretty much from launch day on all of them. Its well worth the money. And compared to all of the consoles and games for those that I've owned, this series has probably clocked in more time than any of those.

Is there any way to edit a guy's moveset once a game has gotten started? Getting tired of Batista winning matches with the Spinebuster.

Yeah, click on the guy's name and then move set. You can add or delete moves to your heart's content, even create your own!

Archived