Mods by TheWho87 (Including Monthly Real World Updates)

What should Seth's safety stat be then?

Not great. He's definitely someone who strays too far too often for mine. That said the the spots aren't necessarily ill-conceived which is the issue with Callihan. I hate to agree with someone like Cornette but that spot was just plain stupid. I was joking with the 0 by the way. What I meant is Callihan's safety stat needs to be dragged way down because his ability to judge the consequences of spots isn't great.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>The spot was stupid, and the blame lies with Callihan, but it's not something particularly reflected by the "Safety" stat in-game as I understand it. </p><p> </p><p>

Ultimately, there's botches, there's mistakes, and there's being reckless when it comes to <em>wrestling </em>- but all that's out of the window when you introduce a foreign object. You could be the safest, most consistent wrestler in the world, but a baseball bat, a chair or a ladder isn't going to always cooperate the way you expect. </p><p> </p><p>

I'd agree that it would be a good idea lower his Safety stat, but not drastically - I'd say that spot was a failure of intelligence rather than a failure of "safety"; either the wrestlers involved or the road agent assigned should have recognised that the spot was incredibly reckless.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
Just a heads up, the next update will be <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">AFTER</span></strong> WrestleMania, the only changes after April 1st will be to WWE and NXT, maybe title changes elsewhere if someone is announced as signing and they drop a title.

• 2 weeks later...

Adam Flash and AJ Castillo havent wrestled since 2014

Adam Polak wrestled one match in 2016 and nothing since

Adam Windsor hasnt wrestled since 2011

Ahmed Iblis last match was 2013

AHTU wrestled his last match in 2015

Aida Marie, AJ Auinger and Akifumi Saito last wrestled in 2013

Aika Ando hasnt wrestled since 2011

Adam Flash and AJ Castillo havent wrestled since 2014

Adam Polak wrestled one match in 2016 and nothing since

Adam Windsor hasnt wrestled since 2011

Ahmed Iblis last match was 2013

AHTU wrestled his last match in 2015

Aida Marie, AJ Auinger and Akifumi Saito last wrestled in 2013

Aika Ando hasnt wrestled since 2011

what's wrong with leaving these characters in the mod?

what's wrong with leaving these characters in the mod?

I never said there was anything wrong with having these people in the mod just these wrestlers, unless I misread one or two, are set as active when some haven't wrestled for 6 years. Im not saying take them out the mod just semi active/out of business.

Here is the update for April, this is a post WrestleMania update so EXPECT SPOILERS! There are two new promotions active this month, Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling and Pro Wrestling Australia, beyond that most of what's been done is adding some new workers (LIST HERE), mostly for the new promotions and then the typical updates and changes posted in the threads.

The first post has been updated with all links.

Enjoy

Database: April 2018

Graphics: April 2018

Just downloaded the April mod, and the worker pack isn't working with it. All of the other graphics packs work.

Is it not working at all or is there just some missing, because there has been no change at all with the pictures, could you have mass edited them in which case my pictures will definatly not work.

Is it not working at all or is there just some missing, because there has been no change at all with the pictures, could you have mass edited them in which case my pictures will definatly not work.

No, the entire pack isn't working. I haven't changed anything about the pack as far as I'm aware. I downloaded the file from Page 1 and placed it in the game's picture folder. Like I say, everything other pic pack you've provided is working just fine. I can't explain why it is going wrong. It's odd.

No, the entire pack isn't working. I haven't changed anything about the pack as far as I'm aware. I downloaded the file from Page 1 and placed it in the game's picture folder. Like I say, everything other pic pack you've provided is working just fine. I can't explain why it is going wrong. It's odd.

Well there hasnt been a change with the data, the only things I can think of is you may have too many pictures in the folder (over 32,000), or you put them into a different picture folder thats not linked to the data, I use the Default database and picture folder and have them linked since I don't use C-Verse and the game won't delete those folders.

Thats because the peoples folder isn't there. check the first post, there you can find the worker pics.

I downloaded the picture pack from the first post and it didn't work. I just realised that I have the Jan2018 database so I copied that pic pack over because I know that works with Jan 2018, and it didn't work. Don't know what's wrong with it.

EDIT: It's now working. I haven't changed anything. OK....

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spoof_ex" data-cite="Spoof_ex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has something been done to make this Mod harder? I used to be fine with it, but running WWE seems damn near impossible right now (can't get any show above a 66).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Especially if you want to do a realistic show. It's a bit ridiculous</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Cult3" data-cite="Cult3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Especially if you want to do a realistic show. It's a bit ridiculous</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm fairly certain it's because they're a fed based on Pop and the Pop settings are insanely low across the board for the vast majority of Workers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spoof_ex" data-cite="Spoof_ex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has something been done to make this Mod harder? I used to be fine with it, but running WWE seems damn near impossible right now (can't get any show above a 66).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know that this throws the "balance" of the game off, but I just go in and change the popularity of my workers when I want to run a WWE game. The Who does an amazing job of making this mod, but I think the IWC bias against the WWE shows in the ratings for the workers in WWE.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spoof_ex" data-cite="Spoof_ex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has something been done to make this Mod harder? I used to be fine with it, but running WWE seems damn near impossible right now (can't get any show above a 66).<p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kdcastles" data-cite="kdcastles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know that this throws the "balance" of the game off, but I just go in and change the popularity of my workers when I want to run a WWE game. The Who does an amazing job of making this mod, but I think the IWC bias against the WWE shows in the ratings for the workers in WWE.</div></blockquote></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah the complaints about WWE pop, it is possible, if the AI can pull out B range shows, I basically take the pop WWE would have in a TEW world and drop it a couple grades to reflect the fact that WWE doesnt get people over, WWE is basically the guys they rate in the main event, nearly everyone else and then those about to be future endeavoured, they rarely build people for the main event, they just drag them up, put then in the feud then dump them back into the pool when their done.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ah the complaints about WWE pop, it is possible, if the AI can pull out B range shows, I basically take the pop WWE would have in a TEW world and drop it a couple grades to reflect the fact that WWE doesnt get people over, WWE is basically the guys they rate in the main event, nearly everyone else and then those about to be future endeavoured, they rarely build people for the main event, they just drag them up, put then in the feud then dump them back into the pool when their done.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Of course they don't leave people in the main event forever. That would make us wrestling fans complain that we only see certain workers in the main event. Obviously Vince likes to have 1 babyface to build the bulk of the main event storylines around - Hogan, Bret/Shawn, Austin, Cena, Reigns (if he could ever figure out how to book Reigns to get over the crowd reactions). But yeah, it's like a revolving door for opponents for those faces. As awesome as it would be for the first few matches, most would get tired of seeing AJ and Daniel Bryan in the main event of every PPV. So yes, they push some guys up the card and move those at the top down a tier or two to fill the spots.</p><p> </p><p> All that being said, I appreciate all the time you put into your mod and thank you for it.</p>

Of course they don't leave people in the main event forever. That would make us wrestling fans complain that we only see certain workers in the main event. Obviously Vince likes to have 1 babyface to build the bulk of the main event storylines around - Hogan, Bret/Shawn, Austin, Cena, Reigns (if he could ever figure out how to book Reigns to get over the crowd reactions). But yeah, it's like a revolving door for opponents for those faces. As awesome as it would be for the first few matches, most would get tired of seeing AJ and Daniel Bryan in the main event of every PPV. So yes, they push some guys up the card and move those at the top down a tier or two to fill the spots.

All that being said, I appreciate all the time you put into your mod and thank you for it.

I'm just saying there is no transitional period between general midcard and main event, that upper midcard position, that just seems to be for the main guys they have made the effort with but can't knock into the general midcard (Rollins, Ambrose, Balor, Orton).

Anyways on a different subject, here is the full release of my Whoniverse mod, things have been improved but it has been a little neglected so still a little rough around the edges, yes there is pop for free agents but not all of them, it'ss around 50/50 regarding who has pop and who hasnt, plus everyone added to the real world mod has also been added into this mod. There are still some logos missing, I'm going to get on that and put them in next months graphics pack.

Enjoy.

Database: Whoniverse (1)