What are some ways to get managers over?

Are there specific techniques to getting managers over?

Most of my managers are valets who, after years, still only have 10 or so popularity because all they do is follow someone to the ring.

Just wanted to see if you all had any ideas.

<p>Hype by manager with your 2 most over workers as client and target. This is really their purpose anyway.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe manager interference counts as an "appearance", I can't say 100%, but if it does it's a way to get them involved in a decent match. If they're also part of a storyline it might help with momentum too.</p><p> </p><p>

Toss them into one of the not rated slots of a faceoff no contact angle. </p><p> </p><p>

If they're hot chicks, toss them into a "top diva" storyline with your best mic worker and have them win bikini contests against local talents, more for momentum than overness gains. </p><p> </p><p>

Freestyle angles with over workers where they achieve a success.. They could hit the guy with an object, lead them into a trap where other wrestlers beat them down, escape a beating, or sign a big client.</p>

I wanted to get sable more pop and so I got her to manage the rock who is one of my biggest guys and do backstage segments with her being rated on sex appeal and usually the Rock and mankind as entertainment which is always an A* segment, and sables pop has gradually increased over time. The process is slow but persistence pays off in this game.

They can add slightly to the match grade(not sure if it's only when they have a positive chemistry), and usually have good or better entertainment skills to hype storylines for workers with bad mic skills. I guess if you wanted to get gamey and not care if your shows read like wrestling shows you could scrap managers.

What is the point of valets? It seems like I'm paying them for nothing...?

The before mentioned possibility of positive chemistry adding to their matches.

Also, they are good for eye candy angles. As well as promo work for their clients. That's how I use my managers, only wrestlers with poor mic/charisma skills get them.

<p>I'm pretty sure positive chemistry isn't required for managers to add to a match rating but it helps.</p><p> </p><p>

+1 for making them active participants in storylines, momentum is key and your managers aren't going to be winning matches generally. Almost anyone will get over if you book to their strengths and associate them with more over workers.</p>

<p>In my TCW game I have Floyd Goldworthy up to a 96 overall in all of US. He has managed a stable of big guys since I started called the Empire. Originally it was Eddie Peak (renamed Defiance), American Buffalo (renamed Morpheus), Titan and Killer Shark. Eventually I sent Killer shark to developmental and signed Hells Bouncer (renamed Kratos). Peak was above 90 overall when I needed another face main eventer to help Rocky Golden out as it was getting pretty lopsided with him as the only main event face. I had Buffalo turn on him and assume the leadership of the group.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway I got all 4 up to 85+ over by simply running them in a storyline with each other, and doing manager hype interviews with them. I created an angle with Floyd using entertainment skills, and the others using menace. I put Titan or Hells bouncer in a squash match every show for nearly a year with neither one of them losing. Before every match Floyd hyped them up. Eventually all 4 wrestlers and Floyd were super over.</p>

Archived