Trouble with Morale

In my WWF save, a few guys are randomly getting pissed at me. Austin got so angry that I had to give him 6 months off to make him not want to leave. Now, Bret Hart and HHH are losing morale and the game doesn't tell me why it's happening. Why is this happening?

You can see the causes of morale by talking to them via the roster screen.

The game also will tell you why things happen via the road agent notes in matches, via e-mails, or via pop-ups, depending on the cause.

It never "randomly happens", there is always a reason that is identifiable within the game.

<p>I presume different events affecting a worker's morale "cools off" at different rates?</p><p> </p><p>

I have recently had a worker who got unhappy because of a punishment I handed out, then got a bonus and was unhappy, but a few weeks later was annoyed again, with no new events. So I figure the memory of that "unfair" punishment is still burning, but the bonus is soon forgotten?</p><p> </p><p>

Or is there something else going on?</p>

<p>I've checked the morale screen multiple times. For no reason that I can see, they lose morale. No emails saying anything I'm pretty sure. </p><p> </p><p>

<a href="https://gyazo.com/70d562bdad4870c718199e2922593a36" rel="external nofollow">https://gyazo.com/70d562bdad4870c718199e2922593a36</a></p><p> </p><p>

The only issue HHH has had was that he was isolated, and it stopped once I made him and Kane friends. I had to give him bonuses to get him down to "irritated".</p><p> </p><p>

(I should have cleared things up a bit more, when I said the game won't tell me I meant there was nothing on the morale screen. My bad.)</p>

That screen shot only appears to show the upper part of the list; if you scroll down what are the negatives?

NB: I'd also recommend that you read the "?" button on that screen; judging from how many bonus morale points you've got in that list, I'm not sure you're fully understanding how the system works given that you appear to be throwing away money.

<p>I looked at the "?" part of the morale section. What I've gathered by that is that it's pretty much impossible to improve someone's tanked morale? Short of hiring all of their friends, other than time, there's nothing you can do to improve someones bad morale.</p><p> </p><p>

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any solution to it. Seeing that workers get pissed off at virtually everything, I don't see this as an improvement to 2013. Add in the problem of angry workers up and handing in their notice, leaving your company, there's got to be some way I'm missing to improve their morale.</p><p> </p><p>

If they get furious at something (such as disciplining a friend), that note sticks around for a long time. That pretty much guarantees you that they will be handing in their notice. That has been my experience so far.</p>

Honestly, until the bonus payout gets fixed, the 90's mods are going to be hell to play. The only workaround is to drop the person you need to give money to down below $10k. That makes the $10k bonus useful instead of being totally ineffective (due to the bonuses not stacking as one large one if given on the same day). That solves a lot of the issues. Just make sure to deduct whatever that person's salary is rounded up to the nearest $10k to simulate giving them enough to make them happy (since that's how the bonuses work). My only other suggestions are to set your user character to one of the most toxic people in the locker room that you're going to keep (HBK and Hogan are the best options) and your user stats to 7 on Leadership. That plus giving away all the positives you can, which at National you can afford to do easily, keeps my backstage at 90+. Oh, and obviously don't drug test either.

I'm using a real life 2016 mod and I have major problems with morale and backstage issues. I still don't understand how Seth Rollins' morale didn't budge at all from annoyed when I gave him a raise that TRIPLED his pay. I don't care how much drama is in my workplace.. if my pay was tripled, especially to the tune of $65,000 per month, I would be ecstatic! It seems like bad morale takes over a lot in this game and good morale doesn't even hold a candle to it. It definitely presents quite the challenge.. but I've already lost Cena and Orton, with Kurt Angle soon to exit, too. Some of it seems a bit unrealistic, especially with how much money these guys are making. In real life, I didn't see John Cena leaving WWE when Randy Orton was handed down suspensions. But the combination of being booked to lose one match and his buddy Orton getting suspended really made Cena furious in my game. That's all it took for him to leave his pay and walk out for good. Immediately, I made Seth Rollins my new figurehead.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm using a real life 2016 mod and I have major problems with morale and backstage issues. I still don't understand how Seth Rollins' morale didn't budge at all from annoyed when I gave him a raise that TRIPLED his pay. I don't care how much drama is in my workplace.. if my pay was tripled, especially to the tune of $65,000 per month, I would be ecstatic! It seems like bad morale takes over a lot in this game and good morale doesn't even hold a candle to it. It definitely presents quite the challenge.. but I've already lost Cena and Orton, with Kurt Angle soon to exit, too. Some of it seems a bit unrealistic, especially with how much money these guys are making. In real life, I didn't see John Cena leaving WWE when Randy Orton was handed down suspensions. But the combination of being booked to lose one match and his buddy Orton getting suspended really made Cena furious in my game. That's all it took for him to leave his pay and walk out for good. Immediately, I made Seth Rollins my new figurehead.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My suggestion is stop wcw it. You don't need names to get ratings. Performance based product is easier to get good ratings over popularity. Pop is easier at first because there done. Performance is harder at first because they have no pop. Once you get a person up to 40's pop. You are knocking down green ratings for sure. So hire you some cheap talented people and start using your annoyed people to get them over. There already have bad morale. So it does not matter if they are mad. My major problem is still the botched moves. I fire every worker who get bad morale because they botched a move. The person who got hurt is ok. Since it is the other person's fault. I'm not paying that person money because they messed up. There is too many wrestlers in the world. Lastly when you get your young talent over. You can look at your roster and know you made them. Mettle is awesome. It is far better to do the positive than trying to fix negative ones. Pay raise only the first 2 top ones are safe. The rest are random. Figurehead is random too. It can make your guy mad for a long time. If they can't handle the pressure. I just don't use it anymore. The raises do work it just may take alot of money. When I fired a persons wife. I had to give him a raise at least 10 times just to get him to normal morale. You can search by positive people.</p>

Haven't had major morale issues with any people I don't want to leave (jobbing out some older Upper Midcard guys has been about the extent of the morale probs for me). Have you tried giving your upset people a string of wins or a belt? Give them a storyline where they come out looking better? Dunno how effective any of that would be, but just an idea that doesnt involve backing up a Brinks truck for people

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm using a real life 2016 mod and I have major problems with morale and backstage issues. I still don't understand how Seth Rollins' morale didn't budge at all from annoyed when I gave him a raise that TRIPLED his pay. I don't care how much drama is in my workplace.. if my pay was tripled, especially to the tune of $65,000 per month, I would be ecstatic! It seems like bad morale takes over a lot in this game and good morale doesn't even hold a candle to it. It definitely presents quite the challenge.. but I've already lost Cena and Orton, with Kurt Angle soon to exit, too. Some of it seems a bit unrealistic, especially with how much money these guys are making. In real life, I didn't see John Cena leaving WWE when Randy Orton was handed down suspensions. But the combination of being booked to lose one match and his buddy Orton getting suspended really made Cena furious in my game. That's all it took for him to leave his pay and walk out for good. Immediately, I made Seth Rollins my new figurehead.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pay raises don't affect morale in the game though. I've never gotten a positive note from giving a requested pay raise. I imagine turning someone down cold would make them unhappy though. It's just something that isn't in the game.</p><p> </p><p> As for the rest of that, I have no issues in my WWE RW game using Forlan's mod. I have almost no negative influences, tons of good influences and friendships, and almost nobody tests positive for drugs. Granted, that's with Low level testing and not testing for soft drugs. You can smoke weed in my WWE. This was also before Del Rio, Paige, and Eva Marie tested positive irl so that wasn't adjusted in the mod.</p><p> </p><p> And why in the world would you suspend anyone for drugs? Send them to rehab (warning: that takes them away for 3-8 months; it's random) or fire their behinds. Yes, that's what WWE does irl, but TEW doesn't simulate that well at all as that's the harshest penalty short of firing you can do. So, <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">game-wise</span></strong> you're basically being a uber-harsh prick (not the word I'm going for but it is rightly censored), especially if it is for soft drugs. That's why they're raising a huge stink. That's just something you have to get used to as TEW and the real world don't mesh at times. This is one of those times.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm using a real life 2016 mod and I have major problems with morale and backstage issues. I still don't understand how Seth Rollins' morale didn't budge at all from annoyed when I gave him a raise that TRIPLED his pay. I don't care how much drama is in my workplace.. if my pay was tripled, especially to the tune of $65,000 per month, I would be ecstatic! It seems like bad morale takes over a lot in this game and good morale doesn't even hold a candle to it. It definitely presents quite the challenge.. but I've already lost Cena and Orton, with Kurt Angle soon to exit, too. Some of it seems a bit unrealistic, especially with how much money these guys are making. In real life, I didn't see John Cena leaving WWE when Randy Orton was handed down suspensions. But the combination of being booked to lose one match and his buddy Orton getting suspended really made Cena furious in my game. That's all it took for him to leave his pay and walk out for good. Immediately, I made Seth Rollins my new figurehead.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Giving Bonuses is how you do the whole cash for morale thing. That said, as mentioned above, bonuses need to be fixed so you can pay out over $10k at once so highly paid stars can still get a pop from it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pay raises don't affect morale in the game though. I've never gotten a positive note from giving a requested pay raise. I imagine turning someone down cold would make them unhappy though. It's just something that isn't in the game.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pay raises can affect morale. I've had a wrestler request a justified raise who received a morale boost when I gave him the full raise he asked for. It may depend on personality.</p>

And why in the world would you suspend anyone for drugs? Send them to rehab (warning: that takes them away for 3-8 months; it's random) or fire their behinds. Yes, that's what WWE does irl, but TEW doesn't simulate that well at all as that's the harshest penalty short of firing you can do. So, game-wise you're basically being a uber-harsh prick (not the word I'm going for but it is rightly censored), especially if it is for soft drugs. That's why they're raising a huge stink. That's just something you have to get used to as TEW and the real world don't mesh at times. This is one of those times.

I suspended Orton for steroids. I will continue to suspend anyone that pops hot for steroids. I'm going for total realism with my mod, so I'm not going to let guys slide because it suits the game's system better. This is just how I want to play.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I suspended Orton for steroids. I will continue to suspend anyone that pops hot for steroids. I'm going for total realism with my mod, so I'm not going to let guys slide because it suits the game's system better. This is just how I want to play.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly. Some people I suspend for drugs, others I send to rehab. It just depends how I think the "punishment" will be better served. Other times, I don't want to lose a worker (Sting, for example) for 6 months when the same can be accomplished with a 30 day suspension.</p><p> </p><p> You (Not Ryan) see no issue with people smoking weed or doing other "soft" drugs in your locker room. That ain't me. I don't have a tolerance for drugs in real life, so I'm not going to change that just because it makes the game easier. In addition, if you don't care about your talent's "soft" drug use, that will eventually transition into hard drug use, and also can result in the media finding out and making your company look bad, or result in the death of a worker. I'd rather try and take care of the problem instead of drag it out.</p><p> </p><p> I usually give a 3 strikes rule for offenders and that's one reason why I really liked the "Last chance" option for TEW 2013. I wish that would have been kept in, because in my kayfabe mind, if they ignored the "last chance" then I at least gave them fair warning.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Lions" data-cite="John Lions" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pay raises can affect morale. I've had a wrestler request a justified raise who received a morale boost when I gave him the full raise he asked for. It may depend on personality.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is depends on the option too. The top 2 as I said are usually the only safe ones. Top option I have gotten very happy, happy, pleased, either. 75% raise have got pleased usually. It also depends on your talent. If brock asks for a raise and he is mad. It won't have the same effect as a midcarder asking for a raise. Since brock is a star and expects it. Just another reason why you develop your own stars.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Henderson" data-cite="Henderson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Exactly. Some people I suspend for drugs, others I send to rehab. It just depends how I think the "punishment" will be better served. Other times, I don't want to lose a worker (Sting, for example) for 6 months when the same can be accomplished with a 30 day suspension.<p> </p><p> You (Not Ryan) see no issue with people smoking weed or doing other "soft" drugs in your locker room. That ain't me. I don't have a tolerance for drugs in real life, so I'm not going to change that just because it makes the game easier. In addition, if you don't care about your talent's "soft" drug use, that will eventually transition into hard drug use, and also can result in the media finding out and making your company look bad, or result in the death of a worker. I'd rather try and take care of the problem instead of drag it out.</p><p> </p><p> I usually give a 3 strikes rule for offenders and that's one reason why I really liked the "Last chance" option for TEW 2013. I wish that would have been kept in, because in my kayfabe mind, if they ignored the "last chance" then I at least gave them fair warning.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, some people still believe the whole "gateway-drug" baloney. If that's how it works in the game, Adam needs to change that because it is patently false. The real problem drugs in any sports are painkillers, hard drugs (like cocaine), and steroids. Weed doesn't cause any problems (and I've never smoked it in my life but have friends that have for over 20 years; hard drug use in that time: zero). And considering NFL players are coming out demanding that weed be legal for them since it scientifically helps with concussions and other brain issues, I really doubt it would be a huge scandal. Hell, I would bet the majority of NFL fans know that a large group of players are using HGH and don't care at all. And the only people that really gave a care in the world to the steroid era in baseball were the sportswriters.</p><p> </p><p> And run the game however you like. However, you have to accept the consequences of running it that way. Complaining about knowingly working against the game is futile. It's spelled out right there in the game that suspending someone has a high risk of ticking the worker off, which ticks their friends off. I want my workers clean and happy. That's how I roll. You want them to be ticked off to high hell, then your locker room is going to be hell on earth pretty soon. I also view only a handful of steroid users as un-fireable in my lifetime (so since 1979), and Orton will never be on that list so it is rehab or the old pink slip.</p>

<p>The argument about the affect of drugs and the validity of the term of "gateway drugs" belongs on a different topic, but I can assure you it isn't "baloney." Also claiming weed "doesn't cause any problems" is also false and uninformed. Just as alcohol, it causes it's own level of problems. Also, citing NFL players "demanding" the legalization of marijuana isn't really the greatest example, but I digress....</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not working against the game. I've actually been quite successful in my use of suspensions. In most cases, I use other methods of discipline before suspending someone.</p>

Lets keep the politics to congress people. I'm straight edge so my beliefs are different from a stoner. So it is better to keep that topic out of talking about tew. I personally turn off lifestyles in 2016. After years of playing the game with just firing all drug users. I'm not paying for 6mths of rehab and there salary too. I always thought drugs hit to hard in tew. It never takes in to effect people who are reasonable with the hard stuff. Everybody seems to be the same. I know I hate when flaky people show up late over and over again. I think it is funny it says broke locker room rules. Who is setting up these meetings. I always do stern warming. Since there is a chance it won't affect the backstage. After 2 times there fired

With each of the [lifestyle] categories, a score above zero should only be given if it meant to have an affect on his work or health. For example, just because a wrestler drinks beer occasionally does not mean his Drinking score would be more than zero, as it is unlikely this will have any bearing on hi performances or health at all.

Straight from the game. Just cause someone gets stoned or drinks, doesn't mean you have to give them "points" for those categories

As for the arguments on being able to run your backstage with an iron fist & have your workers cower in fear instead of getting pissed off, well good luck I guess

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That screen shot only appears to show the upper part of the list; if you scroll down what are the negatives?<p> </p><p> NB: I'd also recommend that you read the "?" button on that screen; judging from how many bonus morale points you've got in that list, I'm not sure you're fully understanding how the system works given that you appear to be throwing away money.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The problem is that the negatives have nothing to do with the morale decrease from what I saw. There were no negatives that correlated with the loss. He was angry at an incident involving him in February but the random drop happened a couple of months after that, after he had gotten over the last one. The next thing he was angry at after Feb was being dropped as a figurehead (which was in Sept of the same year, halfway through his 6 month paid leave.) </p><p> </p><p> PS: Do 10K payouts not stack? If so I guess I have been throwing away money lol (which is fine, me being international and all). Thanks for pointing it out.</p>

The problem is that the negatives have nothing to do with the morale decrease from what I saw. There were no negatives that correlated with the loss. He was angry at an incident involving him in February but the random drop happened a couple of months after that, after he had gotten over the last one. The next thing he was angry at after Feb was being dropped as a figurehead (which was in Sept of the same year, halfway through his 6 month paid leave.)

PS: Do 10K payouts not stack? If so I guess I have been throwing away money lol (which is fine, me being international and all). Thanks for pointing it out.

Well, canning him from that role is a huge hit to their morale because the intent is you're firing that person or they're retiring from wrestling. That's the only reason to drop them from that role. The only time that hasn't happened was 94 with Hogan being brought in by WCW, and that was literally a once-in-a-lifetime thing that Flair had to approve.

And evidently Adam just changed the bonuses so you can offer the people making more than $10k a bonus that matters because yeah, they didn't stack so it was a waste of time.

The problem is that the negatives have nothing to do with the morale decrease from what I saw. There were no negatives that correlated with the loss. He was angry at an incident involving him in February but the random drop happened a couple of months after that, after he had gotten over the last one. The next thing he was angry at after Feb was being dropped as a figurehead (which was in Sept of the same year, halfway through his 6 month paid leave.)

Again, I'd really advise you to read the in-game explanation of how morale works as the above shows that you're not clear on it. A drop in morale does not have to happen because of a fresh negative happening. It can, and often does, happen because whatever positives were stopping an old negative from being effective expire. I will give you a made-up example to illustrate. Note that in reality events lose their strength over time, but I am going to ignore that for these examples for clarity.

The worker is Angry at something. That's a level 3 out of 4 strength event. It last one year. He is now Angry overall as there are no other morale items to effect it.

The worker becomes Extremely Happy at something else the next week. That is a level 4 strength. It lasts nine months. He is now in positive morale overall because his positives outweigh his negatives.

Nine months later the Extremely Happy expires. The worker now becomes Angry again even though the initial negative was nine months ago because he only has that negative left effecting him.

As you can see, the morale events don't need to coincide time-wise with the changes in morale. It's not that linear or simple.

(Again, if that situation actually happened in the game, he would likely have gone from Angry down to Irritated by the time the nine months had passed, so it wouldn't be that extreme.)

PS: Do 10K payouts not stack? If so I guess I have been throwing away money lol (which is fine, me being international and all). Thanks for pointing it out.

Yes, they do stack. The morale system wouldn't work if things didn't stack, it's fundamental to how it functions. But again, as explained in the game, the level is the import thing. Level 1 morale events don't have any effect if you've got level 3 and 4 stuff in play (for obvious reasons - if I do something terrible to you then no amount of tiny gestures are going to make you forget the terrible thing). They'd only be helping if you were dealing with level 1 and 2 stuff. So yes, they are having an effect, but if you're trying to deal with a major negative, which you appear to be doing, you really need to be doing something of equal (or close to equal) positive effect to block it rather than throwing away your money with loads and loads of trivial positives. The amount you can give as a bonus has been upped in the latest patch so that you can give more money to get a bigger positive bump.

Archived