Biggest pay rise?

What's the biggest pay rise one of your wrestlers has ever asked for?

I've seen quite a few wrestlers ask in my WWF Risky Business game in the four years I've been playing it. But, The Undertaker, who in less than a year on the main roster, who has shot from enhancement to main event and gone undefeated in that time, has just asked for the biggest I've ever seen. It's currently September 1989. A year ago, I resigned him to a ten year deal at $5,020 a month. He just asked for a raise to $57,020 a month! That's a $52,000 a month raise.

Anybody seen anything close or bigger then that in one of their games?

And, no, I didn't give it to him. I chose to only give him 75% of it, an increase of $39,000 a month.

<p>I don't recall the exact numbers but when I went cult I had a few people at around $1000 per month PPA that went to 25-40K written They were all very popular main eventers with very high momentum. </p><p> </p><p>

I do find the logic somewhat interesting in that with most of them the AI made no play for them under PPA, but as soon as I offer a deal, it's a bidding war, which drove a few of their price tags up. I have mixed feelings on how realistic that is.</p>

<p>My biggest problem with pay raises is that they are at least in my experience perfectly fine taking a 75% but get upset (in my experience again) no matter what with a 50% raise.</p><p> </p><p>

Has anyone ever had someone just go "okay" with a 50% raise?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42947" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My biggest problem with pay raises is that they are at least in my experience perfectly fine taking a 75% but get upset (in my experience again) no matter what with a 50% raise.<p> </p><p> Has anyone ever had someone just go "okay" with a 50% raise?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Occasionally they are okay with 50 and pleased by 75, but I'm not sure about the circumstances (I think I've noticed it more with particularly large raises). Also, if you're booking a guy really well and his morale is through the roof (which is probably how he got so popular to be demanding a big raise in the first place), giving him a 50% will "annoy" him but won't really change his mood in the grand scheme of things. I've never tried a 0 or 25 so I'm not sure how big a hit you get from those options.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jazz49ers" data-cite="Jazz49ers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42947" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the biggest pay rise one of your wrestlers has ever asked for?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gail Kim in Fleisch's real world mod: $5000 -> $32,530 so increase of $27,530.</p><p> </p><p> I gave it to her. She earns that. Two matches and at least one angle on every show, training up my younglings? I'm okay with that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42947" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Occasionally they are okay with 50 and pleased by 75, but I'm not sure about the circumstances (I think I've noticed it more with particularly large raises). Also, if you're booking a guy really well and his morale is through the roof (which is probably how he got so popular to be demanding a big raise in the first place), giving him a 50% will "annoy" him but won't really change his mood in the grand scheme of things. I've never tried a 0 or 25 so I'm not sure how big a hit you get from those options.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i have refused to give raises and you can get away with it if their morale is thru the roof due to so many post show speeches. I actually did it twice to the same guy and after the second time he was annoyed but at the next event i gave him a good post speech and he was ok. He got signed by a mjaor competitor a short while later so i don't know what would have happened on a third refusal. </p><p> </p><p> although you can get away with refusing their pay raise but their moral better be through the roof beforehand.</p>

Archived