What other software do you use to enhance your booking experience (record keeping)?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fullMETAL" data-cite="fullMETAL" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're supposed to use the Export To Spreadsheet function in the Editor, the MDB files themselves can't be opened in Excel if I'm not mistaken.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh I missed that option, I'll take a look.</p>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fullMETAL" data-cite="fullMETAL" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're supposed to use the Export To Spreadsheet function in the Editor, the MDB files themselves can't be opened in Excel if I'm not mistaken.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't see that option anywhere, does anyone have any info?</p>

<p>In the game go to Options and there is an option there to export .mdb file.</p><p> </p><p>

As mentioned above, an .mdb file can't technically be "opened" in Excel as it is a database file, not a spreadsheet. You would need Microsoft Access to open that file outright.</p><p> </p><p>

If you need it in Excel, you would need to set a database connection to the file (Data tab then New Query).</p><p> </p><p>

The file I attached on the other page has a homepage giving full instructions on how to pull your data through.</p><p> </p><p>

Hope that helps.</p>

In the game go to Options and there is an option there to export .mdb file.

As mentioned above, an .mdb file can't technically be "opened" in Excel as it is a database file, not a spreadsheet. You would need Microsoft Access to open that file outright.

If you need it in Excel, you would need to set a database connection to the file (Data tab then New Query).

The file I attached on the other page has a homepage giving full instructions on how to pull your data through.

Hope that helps.

Thanks I will try it again. I have a different version of excel at work and home so I wasn't seeing the data options on my home computer.

<p>so I got this working... iwas being dumb.</p><p> </p><p>

So with regards to tag teams it would maybe be handy to have who they are partnered with and what their experience level is?</p><p> </p><p>

Or who they can be a team with and their experience level as a team as I assume this is in the DB somewhere.</p><p> </p><p>

This would then be handy for hiring tag teams?</p><p> </p><p>

for example say I had Bret Hart on my roster, I can see he can be a team with Jim Neidhart (who for this example isn't on my roster) as a hirer I don't know what their level or experience is so it would be nice to have the team level rating, this way I could base my hiring decision on that, if its a A/A* then its a no brainer, maybe its a C/C+ which would make me think I could still develop them etc.</p>

I only use Wordpad and Paint. Wordpad I use to quicker access the things that I need to see while either managing my roster or booking a PPV so I don't have to constantly be opening the in-game notepad. Probably gonna use it to help with my brand split draft as well. Paint I use for tournament brackets.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any good idea to record individual performances per match? <p> </p><p> I am starting to consider pushing only consistent good talent that give good performances for the product I have.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not going to suggest this is effective at all, but I developed a spreadsheet formula that breaks down Place on Card, Overness, and Performance for 4 matches, throws out an average, and then I sort by the average to figure out who should go over match to match.</p><p> </p><p> I basically place an artificial weight on card position. ME = 100, UM = 83, M = 66, LM = 49, O = 32, ET = 15</p><p> </p><p> Then I re-evaluate after every show after entering in new match performance ratings. </p><p> </p><p> This is something I just recently adopted, so I can't effectively gauge whether it's a good idea, though.</p>

Archived