How to Book a Main Event Match?

It may not suit the product of GCG, but I’ve had a lot of success with Steal The Show for Main Events. Usually have it go 20 minutes or slightly less, always trying to pack in as much star power as possible and hopefully be tied to a storyline. I’ve had a few A* matches with a National fed and recently even an A in a regional fed, which I was obviously very pleased with

I'm genuinely confused with this. I thought for sure Steal the Show added the All Out note which means you can't go over 15 minutes which means you're capped at B (78-84). I'm wondering if that's just a bug no one ever pointed out that if you use Slow Build, it prevents the All Out note being added?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm genuinely confused with this. I thought for sure Steal the Show added the All Out note which means you can't go over 15 minutes which means you're capped at B (78-84). I'm wondering if that's just a bug no one ever pointed out that if you use Slow Build, it prevents the All Out note being added?

To my knowledge that cap applies to match aims like Wild Brawl and High Spots, not the All Out note itself. When I run matches with Steal The Show I can get up to 20 minutes without being penalized for going long. Maybe there was a patch I didn’t download or something, but for an action-heavy company like 4C or something Steal The Show works great if you don’t mind your main events going no more than 20 minutes

EDIT: To illustrate my point better, here’s how I’d usually book a TV show:

MAIN EVENT: Steal The Show, 20 mins

High Spots or Wild Brawl, 15 mins

High Spots or Wild Brawl, 13-15 mins

Steal The Show, 18-20 mins

OPENER: Steal The Show or Technical Masterclass, 15-20 Mins

Again, obviously this wouldn’t work for every product, but it can be a viable choice for main events.

Nope, all out is added but that doesn't cap you at 15 minutes. steal the show matches can go 20 minutes and get the full 100. They get penalised for going over 20 minutes.

<p>Very interesting reading this thread - when booking TV shows I never have any matches go over 10 minutes and rarely have two main eventers face each other as like to save all the BIG stuff for PPVs and specials. I was surprised to hear that matches below 15 minutes have penalties - in hindsight I guess this would answer a lot of unanswered questions in my head.</p><p> </p><p>

It is interesting to see how everyone books shows differently - was shocked to see the amount of wrestling people have on TV shows and how little angles. I usually go for the formula - for every one match I would have four angles.</p>