Underrated C-Verse wrestlers

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Velocidad is a name that should be mentioned in the same sentence as, say, Champagne Lover or Tommy Cornell, but he rarely if at all gets picked up in diaries. <p> </p><p> I've had some great luck with La Estrella too. I think he gets ignored because he starts with one of the smaller companies, but he comes with a ready-made character and good star quality. </p><p> </p><p> He can be really great if you can get him to move up in size. </p><p> </p><p> I haven't seen FCW's Joffy Laine mentioned, but his Charisma and Star Quality are good enough to get multiple A angles for me in FCW. He could be a potential figurehead.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I love La Estrella and team him with El Bestia De Pupura a lot because they both wear purple outfits. Don't judge it works for me.</p>

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some stalwarts for me have been:<p> </p><p> Rayne Man</p><p> Riley McManus</p><p> Mutant</p><p> Cowboy Buck Winchester</p><p> Cobra</p><p> Ant Man (always mask him and have him play a superhero underdog)</p><p> Tennessee William</p><p> Samoan Destruction Inc.</p><p> The Good Ol' Boys</p><p> Sozen Ishimori (sp? I don't have the game in front of me...he's a big fatty who can work in US...I have face paint alt for him I use and rechristen him "The Great Kabuki")</p><p> Lil Henry</p><p> Fiasco Fierce</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I play a lot of different saves with different companies. I have used a lot of these guys in PGHW with great effect. After working a few tours for me, Ant-Man in particular became fantastic worker and got over really well.<p> </p><p> I found with the SD Inc, you need to sign them to a written out of the gate to have a shot and Samoan Machine is the better of the 2 workers. </p><p> </p><p> A list of guys I sign as PGHW that tend to fill some roles are:</p><p> </p><p> Ray Snow</p><p> Sterling Whitlock</p><p> Logan Wolfsbane</p><p> Motoyuke Miyake</p><p> Gidayu Katou</p><p> Shingen Miyazaki</p><p> Morimasa Kato</p><p> Yoshinaka Taku</p><p> Lobo Blanco</p><p> Tanyu Toshusai</p><p> Eagle Kawasawa</p><p> </p><p> There are others (like Razan, Mr Lucha, and Pavel) but they have either been mentioned or are not really considered underrated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Love the list of guys you have, so have to check out the guys I don't know on the list.</p><p> </p><p> Riley McManus - He has been carrying my current company on his back until a Herniated Spinal Disc injury that was a year long out. Sadly came back with a painkiller addiction. But he had a solid 3 years before that and headlined 22 shows in that time. Which is saying something because I never planned to push him.</p><p> </p><p> Cowboy Buck Winchester - Solid Brawler, At the moment a solid part of my tag-team ranks with Wolfsbaine (Who isn't underrated) Initially paired up the duo to give them something to do, and planned for Wolfsbaine to push into the Main Event scene and Cowboy to drop down the card. But they have captured the Tag-Team Titles 3 times now and while Wolfsbaine had an injury he made a solid run in the ME without having to carry the scene.</p><p> </p><p> Blue Phantom - Another guy who has massive potential and I haven't seen mentioned here yet. Though I am sure others have picked him up. He was able to develop into the face in one of my previous companies. </p><p> </p><p> Cobra - I love his look, and I do think he is underrated but he has only had a run in the lower card for me so far and hasn't looked to break out.</p><p> </p><p> Ray Snow - A guy with solid ability and not too old to develop into a star. Sadly again never eventuated into much for me even though I had high expectations because of his talent.</p><p> </p><p> Sterling Whitlock - Young and solid in the ring, great pick up for any puro company like Ray Snow is and he often gets poached by Burning Hammer which considering his skill is fair enough.</p><p> </p><p> JT Ace - He pops up late in 2017 and he is lackluster in the ring. That is for sure, but he oozes star quality, has decent mic skills and considering his age you can develop those skills. Definitely a guy who favours Pop > Perf companies but if you chuck him in development and get those skills lifted he can shine.</p><p> </p><p> Kamikaze - Solid and flashy in the ring. He has developed into a decent mid-card guy and would prosper in a company more devoted to high flying but I just really like his look.</p><p> </p><p> Sonny Wildside - Another flashy highflyer who pairs up nicely with Kamikaze and fills out the mid-card role for my company but could be really over in a high flying company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="atomzero" data-cite="atomzero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you want someone young and cheap to carry promos and help improve other workers on the mic, Garry the Entertainer is very useful.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He developed into a solid worker for me. About 2 years in developmental and then I brought him up to the main roster. I teamed him with Logan Wolfsbaine who was an exceptional worker at this point but no popularity. Garry ended up being mid 80s in basics and psych quickly.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He developed into a solid worker for me. About 2 years in developmental and then I brought him up to the main roster. I teamed him with Logan Wolfsbaine who was an exceptional worker at this point but no popularity. Garry ended up being mid 80s in basics and psych quickly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've seen Garry carry companies before -- he usually gets snapped up by SWF before too long though. </p><p> </p><p> Paddy did a great job with him in </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/kCi_QCHXMRA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="TEW2016 - Mid Atlantic Wrestling - Episode 0 (Introduction)"></iframe></div></div>.

• 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love La Estrella and team him with El Bestia De Pupura a lot because they both wear purple outfits. Don't judge it works for me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have absolutely done that for almost exactly the same reason.</p>

Motoyuki Miyake and Kyuichi Matsumoto. I always pick them up and put them in a tag team. If feels like every time I team them up they have chemistry, plus Miyake is a real prospect and seems to really elevate Matsumoto.

When in North America I always seem to find my way to Intrepid Ian Identity as CGC seems to get tired of him pretty quickly. Not sure why his entertainment skills are always pretty good and the dude has the DeColt training pedigree.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jay Chord is underrated.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jay Chord is God incarnate.</p>

<p>I think people have a vast difference in what they think of underrated means. Underrated for me usually means a guy who when you watch him you know he's good but you never see him getting picked up in games. He's never on most people's list of must haves.</p><p> </p><p>

People who are not underrated include</p><p> </p><p>

Most of the second generation stars</p><p>

Jay Chord</p><p>

The Gauge brothers</p><p>

MAtty Faith</p><p>

El Mitico Jr</p><p>

Extraordinario Jr</p><p>

Casey Valentine</p><p> </p><p>

Guys who you see in every small fed dairy or who get instantly picked up for developmental in big feds</p><p> </p><p>

Hugh de Aske</p><p>

Brandon Smith</p><p>

Logan Wolfsbaine</p><p> </p><p>

These kinds of guys are not underrated. They are highly rated by everyone.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think people have a vast difference in what they think of underrated means.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a context thing too. Most of those guys are properly rated -- but we could be talking about something else -- guys most people think are good, but should be considered future figureheads (James "The High Flyin' Hawaiian" Adams) and guys that could and should do well in a smaller fed but are not used often (Mercutio Sleep). There are also guys who are used often but should be in the main event (Ash Campbell) and guys who are major players but for some reason never get the spotlight they seem to deserve on the board or in diaries (Joss Thompson).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think people have a vast difference in what they think of underrated means. Underrated for me usually means a guy who when you watch him you know he's good but you never see him getting picked up in games. He's never on most people's list of must haves.<p> </p><p> People who are not underrated include</p><p> </p><p> Most of the second generation stars</p><p> Jay Chord</p><p> The Gauge brothers</p><p> MAtty Faith</p><p> El Mitico Jr</p><p> Extraordinario Jr</p><p> Casey Valentine</p><p> </p><p> Guys who you see in every small fed dairy or who get instantly picked up for developmental in big feds</p><p> </p><p> Hugh de Aske</p><p> Brandon Smith</p><p> Logan Wolfsbaine</p><p> </p><p> These kinds of guys are not underrated. They are highly rated by everyone.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Extraordinario is amazing, and I never hear him talked about.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="atomzero" data-cite="atomzero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Extraordinario is amazing, and I never hear him talked about.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Most people don't play mexico. But I see him get picked up all the time by people along with El Mitico when running work rate feds, that use a lot of high flying</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Most people don't play mexico. But I see him get picked up all the time by people along with El Mitico when running work rate feds, that use a lot of high flying</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Right. I played a fed in Mexico, but I built it more around Modern than Lucha style. There are so many great workers to snap up. Mr. Lucha III was my figure head, and Mitico and Extraordinario were my next two. I can't believe Mr. Lucha stays unemployed as long as he does. He has been fantastic in every save I've used him. Right now, I'm running a Realism key fed with only medium Modern, and Lucha and Mitico are still two of my top performers.</p>

How about K C Glenn? I don’t know about diaries, but he always seems to be floundering in Cult-tier AI companies, and I feel like he’s basically capable of headlining a National team at game start. In my current game, he’s got numbers on par woth Tommy C and Champagne Lover.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about K C Glenn? I don’t know about diaries, but he always seems to be floundering in Cult-tier AI companies, and I feel like he’s basically capable of headlining a National team at game start. In my current game, he’s got numbers on par woth Tommy C and Champagne Lover.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> KC Glenn, or Heilakon, currently works for Burning Hammer. The problem is that his personality, extremely conservative, means that there are only a couple options in the states for him to choose. In '16, because he's tied up with Burning Hammer, Glenn doesn't get much coverage, but he has the potential to be great in the ring. </p><p> </p><p> I'd say his entertainment skills and size could prevent him from reaching his ceiling, If he's willing to move up to Middleweight, KC Glenn is the future of Burning Hammer. </p><p> </p><p> In the past, many people used Glenn in their diaries. He was sort of seen as a "cheat code" [iIRC]. He's gamebreaking good -- much like Tommy Cornell Jr. becomes after he debuts.</p>

<p>Anyone enjoy using Thunderbolt when running a small fed in UK/Europe/Japan? I've had him get great ratings in high spots matches, and his skills are serviceable elsewhere. Better than other options on the independents. With the right opponent, Thunderbolt can pull a C+ or better regularly. </p><p> </p><p>

When he's no longer useful, I can always have him unmask, and put someone over on the way out.</p>