Underrated C-Verse wrestlers

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about K C Glenn? I don’t know about diaries, but he always seems to be floundering in Cult-tier AI companies, and I feel like he’s basically capable of headlining a National team at game start. In my current game, he’s got numbers on par woth Tommy C and Champagne Lover.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> IN 2015 when he was unemployed he was a must have worker. One of the most talented young up and commers out there. One of the reasons you don't see him picked up so much now is he's employed. So I wouldn't call him underrated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scorpion" data-cite="scorpion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hard for me to see guys as "underrated" per se, but one guy I overlooked was Sayeed Ali and signing him GCW he was money</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes now Sayeed Ali highly underrated. This guys is really good but he's a little on the older side now. But he's actually decent enough to carry a small company on his back as long as his destiny rolls aren't horrible. He's especially good in hardcore feds.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes now Sayeed Ali highly underrated. This guys is really good but he's a little on the older side now. But he's actually decent enough to carry a small company on his back as long as his destiny rolls aren't horrible. He's especially good in hardcore feds.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ugh i fumbled through that post. Meant GSW. But yeah he was great though like you said, getting older. I think it was TEW2013 when I really got into running Grimm SoCal.</p><p> </p><p> really anyone willing to work death matches is great for those companies. I remember the 1st time I ran a death match- between Magwitch and another midcard guy and it ended up being a really high rated match which I was not expecting</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>IN 2015 when he was unemployed he was a must have worker. One of the most talented young up and commers out there. One of the reasons you don't see him picked up so much now is he's employed. So I wouldn't call him underrated.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have a save going where I outbid BHOTWG for him, and I didn't have to go crazy for it, either. It was a big acquisition for my Cult fed.</p>

<p>Not sure what the definition of underrated is, but I never hear anyone talk about how great these 2 guys are. I've only played them on the Cornellverse 2010 TEW 2016 mod maybe that's why. </p><p> </p><p>

Bussho Makiguchi and Chojiro Kitoaji most of the time are next big things and become great workers and improve a lot from the start of the game very, very quickly. When they hit 100 experience they are going to be phenomenal. </p><p> </p><p>

The only problem I have with them is I can't think of any gimmick for them. Nothing comes to mind other then they are just 2 dudes. I'm using a gimmick of they win all the time and are elite in the ring so chear for them please.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="atomzero" data-cite="atomzero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ricky DeColt seems overrated, at least by CGC. In my saves, even when CGC is at Cult, they leave him contracted as a non-exclusive PPA. I always sign him, and he becomes a top talent for me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pssssst, wrong thread.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pssssst, wrong thread.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, I just put in the wrong word.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tiberious4" data-cite="Tiberious4" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alistair Shufflebottom - Not everyone can be a star, some people's job is just to look at the lights. He's perfect jobber material: High safety, consistency, and selling. Young and cheap to boot.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its his name. I've had games where his potential was through the roof but I just an't seem to get past his name.</p>

<p>X-Calibre is a name I don't see getting picked up in many Burning Hammer games. But the guy has good aerial and flashiness and has great charisma and star quality. Plus, he can move down to small, which can boost his star quality even higher. With the right destiny roll, he could easily carry a company. </p><p> </p><p>

He should be on your shortlist with some of the other better junior talents like Orange Tsuchie and Razan Okomoto.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its his name. I've had games where his potential was through the roof but I just an't seem to get past his name.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Completely! It's the same reason I've never picked him up, which is kinda silly, I could just change the guy's name!</p><p> </p><p> His picture also kinda matches the name though. He looks like a Shufflebottom....</p>

<p>Speaking of talented workers with goofy names, Katherine Goodlooks. First, her name is goofy, but she scores double because her tag team's name is also goofy, Good-Lookin' Bunny. Once you get past that (and it took me a long while to do so), she's a phenomenal talent. Great in the ring, good in angles, a locker room leader, will take new talent as proteges eventually, etc. Especially important in an AAA game as once your top babyfaces like Sara Marie York, J-Ro, Jaime Quine, and others get snatched by USPW or NOTBPW, you're going to need a talented worker to step up.</p><p> </p><p>

Her partner, Jessica Bunny, on the other hand? Eesh. Not bad, but she can easily turn into a negative influence if you're not careful and isn't nearly as skilled as Katherine. She's definitely the Marty Jannety of the pair.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Air Attack Weasel. Another goofy name but I usually stuff him under a mask and give him some slightly less goofy name. Jobber extraordinaire.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> AAW used to be an immediate first day signing for me back in '13. </p><p> </p><p> AAW, Sky King, John Greed, and Bob Casey.</p><p> </p><p> Jobbers to the stars.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>In my save, I managed to get GCG to directly compete with PGHW and BHOWTG by rising to national, and I was able to do so with Hiroyasu Gakusha, Toshiharu Hyobanshi, and Takayuki 2000 of course, but these underrated wrestlers helped a lot by consistently putting out B+ or higher matches on a weekly basis.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Yoshinaka Taku</strong> - I don't know if this guy gets any love, but he was unemployed for a while in my save and formed an excellent chemistry teaming up with Yasuhide Tayama and was a much better replacement for the aging Shotaro Ikina.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mabuchi Furusawa</strong> - Furusawa has been an amazing worker for me, and the reason why most people aren't able to use him is probably because of his loyalty to GCG, but he's a fantastic worker that I hope would be a future main eventer.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Washi Heat</strong> - Okay, seriously, this guy was a surprise. Dude's putting out B+ and even A rated matches with SUKI and some of my jobbers with that stupid mask on him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong> - Very talented worker that also has many B+ and A rated matches with SUKI and my other main eventers. Planning to form a power trio with James and Raymond Diaz, with the hope that he'll develop into the next Pistol Pete Hall or Jimmy Cox by being an excellent gaijin main eventer.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi</strong> - I hate this guy so much. He's currently a locker room cancer but he's really damn good. He's probably overlooked because he's on an excursion to Australia, although I could be wrong about that.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Haranobu Kobayashi</strong> - This god damn guy confuses me so much. He struggled to remain a Lower Midcarder in 2013 but now I have no choice but to push him as the eventual replacement to Hiroyasu or Toshiharu.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Motoyuki Miyake</strong> - Broke his leg pretty early into my GCG game but he's been an absolute stud from day one.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Namboku Makuda</strong> - I thought this guy would be stuck in Toshiharu's shadow in the tag, and, while he was carried into several A level tag matches with him, his solo run so far has been really surprising as he can main event Stars of the Golden Canvas pretty well.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nigel Svensson</strong> - Wanted to combine him with Pavel but I believe he was either poached away by PGHW or BHOWTG at a time when I was still struggling in Cult. Nevertheless, he's been great in his UM role.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sterling Whitlock</strong> - Was hoping to team him up with Alexander Robinson but he was poached by PGHW or BHOWTG. Luckily, I stole him away from those two by offering a lucrative contract when he was available. Currently an UM but would like to see a lengthy Openweight or even World Heavyweight title run as he's been nothing but spectacular in his matches with Funakoshi, Furusawa, and Hyobanshi.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Azumamaro Shimizu</strong> - The midcarder for life managed to surpass expectations by being an upper midcarder for life. He's been really good, nothing spectacular, but then again, he is said to be bland, and while this was true for my GCG save in 2013, he's been pretty good.</p>

<p>@Razor Sharp</p><p> </p><p>

You are so right about Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi. I love picking him up because he has a unique look and ethnicity compared to most Australian Independent wrestlers. But he is most certainly a cancer backstage. I have never had a solid run out of him, purely because of his temperament.</p>

@Razor Sharp

You are so right about Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi. I love picking him up because he has a unique look and ethnicity compared to most Australian Independent wrestlers. But he is most certainly a cancer backstage. I have never had a solid run out of him, purely because of his temperament.

Yep, right now, Azumamaro Shimizu keeps popping up in my messages because of Fuyuhiko's politicking backstage

• 4 months later...

<p>Jason Thunder</p><p>

Lightning Lomas</p><p>

Cameron Jones</p><p>

Syd Collier(nearly always turns into god-tier heel for me)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Everyone trashes on Killer Shark, but dude is a monster. All it takes is patience and I am nearly always able to turn him into a Dread-level big man.</p><p> </p><p>

King Malietoa and Brisbane Devil are quite underrated as a tag team as well. I book them as if they were Meng and Barbarian, but an actual threat.</p>

<p>As a regular play of local/small feds, I'm a fan of the Good Ol' Boys tag team- they're reasonably talented (Thimbleby Langton in particular often delivers really solid ratings), a hugely experienced team and good guys backstage too. </p><p> </p><p>

Ace Youngblood and Jebediah are also worth a look- I've no idea what they're like in the default data (mine's been modded a fair bit over the years so I honestly can't remember how they started and how I changed things round) but with a bit of luck and some hard work they can deliver as solid mid-to-top guys. </p><p> </p><p>

Ricky Turner's a guy I'm honestly surprised hasn't appeared more often in this thread. He's a workhorse guy, tends to respond well to a manager and has a lot to offer an old-school performance-over-pop company.</p>