How do I "break in" to a new region without spillover?

<p>Using a Real-World Mod (Fleisch, I believe), in case that matters.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm on top of the world in North America (I'm in an alliance with WWE, though, so I'm not at war with them). Over 80 popularity across most of the continent (Mexico is being a bit slow to catch up but we're not far).</p><p> </p><p>

The question now is, how do I break into regions like Europe, Japan, Australia, Britain, where my popularity remains around 15? No broadcasters will sign me, and though I'm quite profitable, I don't want to risk running shows in bingo halls and losing a lot of popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

The industry and economy in USA (home base) is garbage, too, in case that matters.</p>

Hold occasional shows there or do a "tour" of events. You won't get high attendances and you'll probably lose money as a result, but that's the price you have to pay for breaking into new markets. Once you've got enough popularity to get a TV show then you can start building from there.

Unless you're broadcasting the shows in the US, there's no reason why these shows would cost you any popularity at home. Nobody in the US would be seeing them.

<p>"Popularity" was the wrong word- entirely. I meant "money".</p><p> </p><p>

But yes, I'll give a Down Under tour a shot, see how much that does. Once I can get a broadcaster it'll even out pretty quick.</p><p> </p><p>

Then, once the McMahons think they're safe, and I have quietly supplanted them as the world's #1 wrestling company, I will <em>destroy</em> them.</p>

<p>You mentioned the one possibility - a broadcaster. Its expensive to start even a Tiny one in single region, and you may lose money on it. But if your primary goal was growth outside your home region, you could start one that only broadcasts in those regions you are targeting. </p><p> </p><p>

Adam's suggestion works nicely. I did it in a save with WCW in mid 2001. Had TV and PPV deals for the US. No Canadian broadcaster would touch me, but there was a new broadcaster opening up later in the year. I had to make sure my Canadian popularity didn't drop, so I ran a weekly event there, the Maple Leaf tour. Didn't draw great crowds but still made money - all the workers were on Written deals anyway. It basically became a chance to add tag experience and throwaway title defenses. its a bit less realistic to do it halfway around the globe, but in-game, it works nicely.</p>

You mentioned the one possibility - a broadcaster. Its expensive to start even a Tiny one in single region, and you may lose money on it. But if your primary goal was growth outside your home region, you could start one that only broadcasts in those regions you are targeting.

Adam's suggestion works nicely. I did it in a save with WCW in mid 2001. Had TV and PPV deals for the US. No Canadian broadcaster would touch me, but there was a new broadcaster opening up later in the year. I had to make sure my Canadian popularity didn't drop, so I ran a weekly event there, the Maple Leaf tour. Didn't draw great crowds but still made money - all the workers were on Written deals anyway. It basically became a chance to add tag experience and throwaway title defenses. its a bit less realistic to do it halfway around the globe, but in-game, it works nicely.

I actually have my own broadcaster already (and it has coverage in those areas- just Tiny), so that actually helps that.

I didn't realize that I still got TV Revenue from my Subscription based broadcaster, so I'd still been signing deals with USA Network and such. If my Network, though, won't lose me any money from my TV deals, then once they expire I'll just move my two A shows over to the Network and make cash that way.

Would the following work?

Do a brand split and put all of your younger workers who aren't ready for TV yet on it. Sign some people with high popularity in the region you are trying to break into.

Do a weekly off-TV, off-PPV show until you get enough popularity for TV/PPV deals, using your high pop ringers to put on passable shows.

Move on to next region and sign high pop workers in other regions

You'll bleed money performing in front of crowds of 84 people, but it's more of a long term investment

• 2 months later...
You mentioned the one possibility - a broadcaster. Its expensive to start even a Tiny one in single region, and you may lose money on it. But if your primary goal was growth outside your home region, you could start one that only broadcasts in those regions you are targeting.

Adam's suggestion works nicely. I did it in a save with WCW in mid 2001. Had TV and PPV deals for the US. No Canadian broadcaster would touch me, but there was a new broadcaster opening up later in the year. I had to make sure my Canadian popularity didn't drop, so I ran a weekly event there, the Maple Leaf tour. Didn't draw great crowds but still made money - all the workers were on Written deals anyway. It basically became a chance to add tag experience and throwaway title defenses. its a bit less realistic to do it halfway around the globe, but in-game, it works nicely.

I feel like if we had more control (simple as to select which region to run a show instead of having to book it) over house shows and if they work like they did in reality (gain money and popularity) this would have been easier and more realistic to accomplish.

I feel like if we had more control (simple as to select which region to run a show instead of having to book it) over house shows and if they work like they did in reality (gain money and popularity) this would have been easier and more realistic to accomplish.

Do house shows build popularity of a company, though? That isn't really their purpose. Companies than run house shows generally aren't making a massive effort to use them to build their fanbase and reach new fans.

Do house shows build popularity of a company, though? That isn't really their purpose. Companies than run house shows generally aren't making a massive effort to use them to build their fanbase and reach new fans.

In reality its more about revenue. Popularity is secondary.... But WWE for example aren't always building the card up of mid-carders, big level guys are sometimes there and they even have their own leg where they would headline. Also house shows are usually filled with casual fans or people who are potentially new fans if you think about it.

In Tew, the only function house shows have is to not not lose popularity in a area.

<p>One thing I like doing is using that as an opportunity to have a b-brand with a b-show. While the main roster works back home, the b-show opens doors elsewhere. I hire local talent who's popularity can draw at least something who aren't horrible, sign them to three appearance deals for one month, and spend three weeks jobbing them out in their homeland in matches while putting them over in promos. </p><p> </p><p>

Once their contracts expire, if I find someone I like then I will sign them to my child company. If not, no big deal. Once you've used your B-Show, or B-Brand, or whatever to open doors you can use your main roster to hold a real tv show there and open a few more. As long as you hold your PPV's in your home and make good money, you can afford the pittance of maintaining a b-brand door opener. Whenever you want to engage a new region, send that b-brand on international tour and when the locals are primed for your company, follow up with a tv show or bigger event.</p><p> </p><p>

Cheers.</p>

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43978" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hold occasional shows there or do a "tour" of events. You won't get high attendances and you'll probably lose money as a result, but that's the price you have to pay for breaking into new markets. Once you've got enough popularity to get a TV show then you can start building from there.<p> </p><p> Unless you're broadcasting the shows in the US, there's no reason why these shows would cost you any popularity at home. Nobody in the US would be seeing them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For this tour of events, how many would have to be done to raise popularity in an area?</p>

Archived