WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

Is the rival company more popular? Does it have more credibility? If a fighter seeks fame and glory more than money, they might not be swayed so much by financial incentives over a chance to make a name for themselves in a bigger company.

Another thing I’ve noticed is definitely length and amount of fights in the contract, on top on performance modifiers

Base pay for the fight is only a small part of the contract

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fezoman" data-cite="Fezoman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When a fighter profile regenerates into another fighter with similar stats, is the era taken into account, (i.e. is it all relative)?<p> So, for example, would a dominant fighter from an early era have even greater skills when their regen appears in a later era to account for the fact that the MMA world has improved? Or would the fighter keep roughly identical stats to their previous incarnation, and thus be a less dominant force because of the tougher late game opponents?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The skills of the "parent" have no bearing on the regenerated "child", it's only their basic data like nationality, size, etc, that is carried across. The "child's" skill level is based upon the current Era's settings.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Cornfed" data-cite="Cornfed" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to set up companies in the Middle East? For example UAE, Israel? Jordan? I was trying to set up one to random debut in my save and couldn't figure a way to do so with the given options.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. The available game areas are shown in the game world screen, you cannot go outside of them.</p>

<p>Im considering turning on organic bios for a "Dawn of MMA" save using the default database. I have two quick questions:</p><p> </p><p>

1) How do those who have been using them like them? I like the blurbs that are currently on bios like "A very good wrestler with an almost unstoppable double leg and nasty ground and pound, Foster may not be the most versatile or well-rounded fighter but he is very, very hard to beat." Obviously I recognize this is pretty specific but it gives a uniqueness to the characters. For those who like organic bios, do you still feel the characters are unique? what about those who don't like them?</p><p> </p><p>

2) If I change my save to organic part-way through will it update all the fighters that have already debuted?</p>

<p>Hoping Adam sees this one, he's probably the only one that can answer definitively, but maybe someone has seen it happen in their games.</p><p> </p><p>

My question:</p><p> </p><p>

Will AI companies open Atomweight and Strawweight divisions (both men and women) if there are enough fighters in the game world to warrant having the division?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another thing I’ve noticed is definitely length and amount of fights in the contract, on top on performance modifiers<p> </p><p> Base pay for the fight is only a small part of the contract</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was offering more fights and more years on the contract, so I don't know what the issue was. By all rights he should have signed with me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Cornfed" data-cite="Cornfed" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to set up companies in the Middle East? For example UAE, Israel? Jordan? I was trying to set up one to random debut in my save and couldn't figure a way to do so with the given options.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, just set them up in Western Asia. That's the Middle East minus Egypt, which is part of North Africa.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KholDrum" data-cite="KholDrum" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hoping Adam sees this one, he's probably the only one that can answer definitively, but maybe someone has seen it happen in their games.<p> </p><p> My question:</p><p> </p><p> Will AI companies open Atomweight and Strawweight divisions (both men and women) if there are enough fighters in the game world to warrant having the division?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. All of the weight classes that are supported in the game (which I believe is 105 to 266+) can have fighters generated, or have companies generate weight classes for them. If you had a game where you have a ton of 105ers in one area, the game will adjust to it. Or on the flip-side, a company with a 105 division but no fighters, it will generate them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="USNNJB9" data-cite="USNNJB9" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>do the updates effect already started games?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MOS182" data-cite="MOS182" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WMMA 5 really needs to give us an option to return from multi advance when another org offers our fighters a contract. I've had way too many stars leave to delegated negotiations.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've removed your swearing. Please remember that this is a family friendly board.</p><p> </p><p> Regarding your issue, you should be able to do exactly what you're describing through your e-mail settings. I'm not clear on whether you're saying it's not working or whether you simply aren't aware it exists.</p>

One of my top fighters has failed a drugs test for recreational drugs. I've previously fired lesser fighters for PEDs/TRT, but I'm tempted to keep that fighter. Would my company be considered a soft touch on drugs if I was okay with recreational drugs, but not PEDs/TRT? Or would the game pick up that I distinguish between them?

Do PED/TRT users get a boost in skills? I'm honestly considering never doing drug tests but if it gives the fighters an unjust advantage, then I might do it.

Also, what does Menace do?

I think PEDs and TRT users do get a boost; I've not checked it closely myself, but I know that in TEW steroids would affect stats, so I would be surprised if it was different in WMMA. Just be aware that you can't turn testing off if you're in a regulated region, so be careful where you run your shows if you don't want to pay for testing.

Menace is a "charisma stat"- if a fighter with a high Menace wins a fight, they can get a popularity boost for looking like a badass during the post-fight interview. I think a high Menace fighter can also attempt to stare down opposing fighters at the start of a round; I'm not certain whether this actually does anything but provide flavor, though.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sudo_Nym" data-cite="Sudo_Nym" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think PEDs and TRT users do get a boost; I've not checked it closely myself, but I know that in TEW steroids would affect stats, so I would be surprised if it was different in WMMA. Just be aware that you can't turn testing off if you're in a regulated region, so be careful where you run your shows if you don't want to pay for testing.<p> </p><p> Menace is a "charisma stat"- if a fighter with a high Menace wins a fight, they can get a popularity boost for looking like a badass during the post-fight interview. I think a high Menace fighter can also attempt to stare down opposing fighters at the start of a round; I'm not certain whether this actually does anything but provide flavor, though.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for this. What's the difference between Menace and Marketability?</p>

<p>Sex tape scandal</p><p> </p><p>

I really like this addition to the game, not sure a sex tape scandal should have a 2 year penalty, but it is a really nice addition.</p><p> </p><p>

My question is, has anyone had this and still put their fighter on a card and took the stability hit? Just curious, how big of a hit is it?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I'm trying to book my next show, specifically a fight between Nick Soldo and a fighter named Kay Cooper. Cooper just signed an extension to his contract and he's not injured or on any kind of suspension. He has plenty of time to prepare. So why won't the game let me book him into a fight?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Turn off smart booking and try and book him, he'll tell you why he's not available.</p>

So, I've been having one night tournaments using the 2x5 with Decider round. Although I've had many fights where the Play by Play says we're tied up at 19-19, it always is a split decision where two judges give both rounds to one guy while the other judge to the other. Sometimes it makes no sense because one guys will clearly win round one and another will clearly win round two, but I've yet to see any 3rd rounds (nearly 20 fights with this setup). Anyone else had this issue or is this a possible bug?