WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

See the Technical Support forum, there's a FAQ dedicated to licensing.

Crisis averted actually. Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to see if reinstalling WMMA5 on the computer would work since my appdata, program files, and whatnot are on a different drive than the one that crashed. Lo and behold, it's running fine. I guess the license file isn't kept with the standard install directory.

...Or I just got incredibly lucky. Either way, counting my blessings.

<p>quick question: modding: can i set up future cards, so that when you begin the game there are future scheduled events? you start off as say ONE and you see UFC 230 is ready to go in a week.</p><p> </p><p>

if so, how do i set it up? cuz right now it's telling me i got critical errors: "shows that havent happend yet are in the database."</p>

<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>

I haven't been around here for a while. And since I'm still occasionally playing WMMA 3 I wanted to ask about some weaknesses back then and if WMMA 5 has progressed since then. ;-)</p><p> </p><p>

1. How good is the artificial intelligence of the competing promotions? In #3 they barely brought me any refreshing uncomfort as soon as I raised to National. ;-)</p><p> </p><p>

2. My last long-term game ended when I couldn't advance beyond (I think) 2030. Which was sad, because I had a cool new generation going. - Is it possible to Play #5 to "infinity"?</p><p> </p><p>

3. The HoF was imo always limited to the pre-destined original star fighters of the game. I had a lot of regen-legends, who even surpassed the Murilho-generation, but was never included. Is this changed?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for your time!</p><p> </p><p>

My compliments. After all those years the game still is fun to play. =)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Freakywwe" data-cite="Freakywwe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Roughly when will a company be willing to sell after falling in debt? I editted GAMMA to negative funds so I can buy them out just wondering how long that usually takes</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't have a hard and set date, but it feels like they need to be losing money every month for like, a year. WEFF was about 300 grand in the hole before they finally sold off to me.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BayStyles" data-cite="BayStyles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if this is where this question goes, but: Anyone know how to save the large version of fighter headshots from the new designed UFC website? The smaller thumbnail version is available for right click -> saving, but I can't find the blown up version anywhere on the new design</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> One workaround to this issue is go to the image you're trying to save. It can be the image itself, or it can be the image as it is shown on a web page. Press the "PrtScr" button at the top of your keyboard. It should be located next to the F12 button. This will cause your computer to save the screenshot of the screen you are currently looking at. You can then open Windows Paint and paste the image to Windows Paint. Crop the image to your liking. Save.</p><p> </p><p> JGA</p>

Not sure if this is where this question goes, but: Anyone know how to save the large version of fighter headshots from the new designed UFC website? The smaller thumbnail version is available for right click -> saving, but I can't find the blown up version anywhere on the new design

They don't use pure headshots anymore, apparently. It's a dynamic frame. Looks like they kinda went lower quality with the site, probably to optimize it for mobile devices. I don't like it that much, apart from the improved matchup screen (with actual stats).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They don't use pure headshots anymore, apparently. It's a dynamic frame. Looks like they kinda went lower quality with the site, probably to optimize it for mobile devices. I don't like it that much, apart from the improved matchup screen (with actual stats).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> since my post, i've found that right clicking and "Inspect"ing the page, and searching for their name backwards shows the headshot</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> for example "Adesanya_Israel" and you would find his headshot in full size</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> but without doing inspect page, can't actually find it on the web page itself. bit of a pain in the ass but what can you do</p>

<p>Would it be at all worth it for game loading if I were to delete all the women from the default data?</p><p> </p><p>

If I were to delete all women's promotions, women's fighters, women's divisions, and anything in the Eras regarding women, would they ever be created?</p><p> </p><p>

Not misogynistic, just have literally zero interest in WMMA in this game.</p>

<p>My PSU got fried due to a power outage and fried my motherboard and HDD.</p><p> </p><p>

Gonna buy a new computer in a month or two, is there going to be any problem reactivating my game on an entirely different PC? The credit card I used to purchase the e-license when the game came out is no longer valid, but I managed to recover the game folder (and savegames) from my HDD.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would it be at all worth it for game loading if I were to delete all the women from the default data?<p> </p><p> If I were to delete all women's promotions, women's fighters, women's divisions, and anything in the Eras regarding women, would they ever be created?</p><p> </p><p> Not misogynistic, just have literally zero interest in WMMA in this game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can delete anything you like to make it suitable for your game style.</p><p> If you still want generated fighters you can set the "maximum number of female fighters in (specific weightclass)" to 0 and then females won't be generated, either.</p><p> </p><p> I always start the game pre-MMA with no fighters, records, promotions, events, anything - and try to be the first successful MMA promotion. I love it when all fighters are 0-0 at the start and you have the REAL possibility of building up a promotion and the sport from scratch.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gayjesus" data-cite="gayjesus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My PSU got fried due to a power outage and fried my motherboard and HDD.<p> </p><p> Gonna buy a new computer in a month or two, is there going to be any problem reactivating my game on an entirely different PC? The credit card I used to purchase the e-license when the game came out is no longer valid, but I managed to recover the game folder (and savegames) from my HDD.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You would need to contact Scott about it. See the Elicense FAQ pinned to the top of the technical support forum, it answers all your questions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would it be at all worth it for game loading if I were to delete all the women from the default data?<p> </p><p> If I were to delete all women's promotions, women's fighters, women's divisions, and anything in the Eras regarding women, would they ever be created?</p><p> </p><p> Not misogynistic, just have literally zero interest in WMMA in this game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It should be worth it. I did the exact opposite to test my module and the game progresses much quicker. The effect would be lessened for women, but it'll be noticable. What you need to do, though, is edit the ERA settings exception for women weights to be 0, otherwise the game will spawn them anyway and companies will randomly make weight classes for it.</p>

I think there might be a bug with Company takeovers. I have tried to take over every single company with UFC but everyone says either they have no debt or they have debt but not enough to sell. I've even tried set CES MMA budget to -99$m and they still think they dont need to sell. Is this something you've looked into Adam Ryland or is it supposed to not work? My friend haven't managed it either and he's a couple of years in.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MOS182" data-cite="MOS182" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there an easy way to find people who are available to do broadcasting work in my companies area?<p> </p><p> I would have thought they needed to be based in the same region but that's apparently not it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Anyone??</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MOS182" data-cite="MOS182" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone??</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No offense, but few people care about broadcasters. The effects are minimal.</p>