WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

It's mostly because I don't watch or follow MMA anymore. The way I work on these sort of games requires me to immerse myself in the culture for an absolute minimum of nine months, and that's pretty brutal if you're not into what you're studying.

Makes sense. I'll just be over here hoping something major happens to respark your interest haha

Is there any reliable way to close promotions on specific dates or nearabouts. I keep messing around with the narrative date and close by does nothing (which seems stupid to me, why does it only work if it's in the past?), but the narrative date just seems fairly random every time. Get a date of Tuesday Week 1 April, 1994, move it one date earlier in the narrative, fires back a completely different date for closing. Does it take off from the money percentage or is it utterly random?

Is there any reliable way to close promotions on specific dates or nearabouts. I keep messing around with the narrative date and close by does nothing (which seems stupid to me, why does it only work if it's in the past?), but the narrative date just seems fairly random every time. Get a date of Tuesday Week 1 April, 1994, move it one date earlier in the narrative, fires back a completely different date for closing. Does it take off from the money percentage or is it utterly random?

The Closed By date is used to tell the game that a company has closed before the game begins - that's why it's Closed By (past tense, something that has happened) and not Close By (an instruction to do something). It cannot be used to cause a closure in the future. For reference, this is explicitly stated in the help text (the "?" button) next to it in the editor.

The only way to force companies to close is to put them heavily in debt and wait for them to go bankrupt.

If someone won't come out of retirement, is there any chance at all they'd reconsider at a later date? Especially a young fighter?

Afaik, it will depend on a certain factor that blocks them from coming back. There can be several of these blocks. It can be their own pop below national, their low chin stat (and overall skill level). I think it depends on their chosen motivation (money, fame, etc). As nothing changes (and it won't, as they are retired) they will not reconsider. It's rare or nonexistent that it depends on the state of MMA in the world.

Just my experience, up to Adam to confirm.

Anyone know how I can fix this slider issue, I’ve updated windows and still not fixing it

It sounds like you may be misunderstanding the instruction to "update" - you're not just updating Windows, you're specifically updating past 1909. If you follow the instructions in this thread it will fix your problem.

Dawn of MMA Rankings Problem

Hi,

I am using the Dawn of MMA Mod. I can not seem to figure out how to get the rankings to work. I am in year 3 of my career and the rankings are quite inaccurate. For example, The champion is not listed in the rankings and is on a 12 fight win streak. Anyway, if anyone can help I would be so appreciative.

So... Throwaway shows. To use them or not.

I like using my big shows for PPV's, and the Fight Nights as lesser shows, but still the main cards are too weak as I usually save the big names for the PPV's, minus the Fight Nights main-event, and the pop drops because of it.

Now, with Throwaway shows you can't gain or lose pop and you can use far less popular fighters. So maybe that is the way to go?

Big cards= PPV

TV-Shows = Lesser shows

Fight Nights = Throwaway shows

Hi,

I am using the Dawn of MMA Mod. I can not seem to figure out how to get the rankings to work. I am in year 3 of my career and the rankings are quite inaccurate. For example, The champion is not listed in the rankings and is on a 12 fight win streak. Anyway, if anyone can help I would be so appreciative.

Maybe the creator forgot to delete the rankings? I'm using my own version and it runs fine. You can easily make your own by just deleting everything.

For "hiatus": I believe it's random, but not sure. You might just be unlucky. Note that only high-ranking (former) stars go on hiatus, so it's often champions. You might just be unlucky.

As for "throwaway" shows: I doubt the main event gives the winner lots of pop gain, so I don't really use them. I also have a broad roster so always viable fights for normal main events. If you don't and are desperate to retain your pop, you can use them. I'd rather do "lesser" events and lose soms pop. You'll gain it back in no-time anyway. Remember, you only really need a good co- and main event. The rest of the card is filler. As in reality, you only really see supercards at key events like UFC 200. You're kinda throwing away an extra event in that case (or 2 :p). You can have a back-up fight, as otherwise you're screwed when the card takes a hit.

Lately I put "training injuries" back on normal. It's more realistic on "hard", but it's just so much work to plan. :p

So basically, it's okay to have a main & co-main, both ranked great or superb, and the fill the rest of the main card with "preliminary" ranked matches?

Yes. It's realistic too imo, as those two basically sell the card. Most people are fine with just seeing a bunch of other fights on top of the big ones. I don't know the numbers, but for instance, I assume a McGregor card will only sell a minor number of extra tickets if they put on another title fight.

Yes. It's realistic too imo, as those two basically sell the card. Most people are fine with just seeing a bunch of other fights on top of the big ones. I don't know the numbers, but for instance, I assume a McGregor card will only sell a minor number of extra tickets if they put on another title fight.

Yeah, it is very realistic but in-game it would get a poor commercial rating, lowering pop gain or even causing you to lose pop. Depending of course on how big your company is.

I’m hankering to start a new game, but one thing that outs me off is the biggest companies signing unknowns or LLR guys before they’re ready for that level...

Is it possible to set a hiring restriction that AI companies can only hire people of certain popularities - e.g. National companies can only sign fighters HLR or more, International companies can only sign LLN fighters of greater?

Yeah, it is very realistic but in-game it would get a poor commercial rating, lowering pop gain or even causing you to lose pop. Depending of course on how big your company is.

No it won't. Like in TEW, about 95% of the total rating goes to the top 2 fights. I prooved this once by literaly taking prelim fights on the rest of the card and getting something like 97%. I'll do it again. You'd have to take my word on it that they're prelim fights, though. :D

Of course you'd have to have a perfect main-event and co-main for the rating to be that high.

I’m hankering to start a new game, but one thing that outs me off is the biggest companies signing unknowns or LLR guys before they’re ready for that level...

Is it possible to set a hiring restriction that AI companies can only hire people of certain popularities - e.g. National companies can only sign fighters HLR or more, International companies can only sign LLN fighters of greater?

Unfortunately not, that's only for TEW, which is one of the features that could be ported over. But alas. :) U can only restrict camps to certain weights.

I ran a test and replaced a the main card from a 80% event.

Normally it was "potential main event, main card, low main card" and I replaced it was 3 true "prelim". The rating dropped with 5%. That doesn't prove that the value of the main card is only 5%, but I'm pretty sure it's about the same on the higher levels.

So you'll be gaining less pop, sure, but you can pretty much populate the card with exciting up-and-comers, which could potentially boost the critical rating by way more than the 5% you 'lost'.

Maybe the creator forgot to delete the rankings? I'm using my own version and it runs fine. You can easily make your own by just deleting everything. :p

I am sorry Blackman, I am so new to this kind of video gaming. What do you mean by deleting everything and creating your own? The mod is actually pretty great and i really look forward to playing it but my only confusion is why the rankings do not update.

I did try going into mass edit and changing all the rankings of the fighters from inactive to 1 but then the game got upset with me and said, "HEY none of these guys fought yet but they have a ranking."

Thanks again so much for your help man. Really do appreciate it.

I am sorry Blackman, I am so new to this kind of video gaming. What do you mean by deleting everything and creating your own? The mod is actually pretty great and i really look forward to playing it but my only confusion is why the rankings do not update.

I did try going into mass edit and changing all the rankings of the fighters from inactive to 1 but then the game got upset with me and said, "HEY none of these guys fought yet but they have a ranking."

Thanks again so much for your help man. Really do appreciate it.

In the editor, go to "characters", then indeed "Mass Edit" and select "clear rankings" (I don't think you can set the ranking in Mass Edit?). It will automatically clear every character's ranking. You can do a number of other operations like clear records and set experience to 0.

playing a mod and a lot of fighters have 0 marketability. Is this fine? Im assuming they gain more marketability as time goes on

It's a static variable, as it isn't pro wrestling where they learn these things. But don't let it spoil your fun. It's tied to post-fight feedback screen and will just make it a lot slower for them to gain pop.

I'm trying to negotiate w/ new Broadcasters for better PPV coverage in one of my games. I was thinking of signing a deal with NA Prime Select which gives massive coverage to Canada, Mexico and the US. But it uses "exclusive content" and I guess I just need some clarification on that. I am a global company who has a PPV provider in all regions. If I use NA Prime Select does that mean my PPV can only be shown in Canada, Mexico and the US? or does it mean that I can still show it all over the world plus Canada, Mexico and US, i just can't have a different type of broadcaster also attached (i.e, another advertising, internet, subscription, etc.)?