WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much.I deleted belts also and know works good.I have last one question:)Can i play game in full screen mode?

It depends on your setup. On most laptops, it will work when you put your screen's dimensions to the game's. I don't know those by heart though. :p It will never be full screen though, just bordered with the full screen covered.

The effect would vary depending on the situation; usually it'd pick whichever appeared first in the file and use that, but sometimes you could get a conflicting bonus / penalty that would cancel each other out. Either way, it's not something you should do.

I figured as much. No worries, I know better than to cross the streams, so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of possible conflicts/bonuses, should I mix "Low risk Grinder" and "Lay and Pray". Some of the Fitch/McKee style fighters people have made have both and fight the way you'd expect without incident, but I'm wondering what the real difference is (and if just "lay and pray" is vulnerable to the ref standing them back up)?

Speaking of possible conflicts/bonuses, should I mix "Low risk Grinder" and "Lay and Pray". Some of the Fitch/McKee style fighters people have made have both and fight the way you'd expect without incident, but I'm wondering what the real difference is (and if just "lay and pray" is vulnerable to the ref standing them back up)?

No reason at all to use them both. The fighter should not 'switch' between both as Adam mentioned. The difference is explained in-game. L&P should indeed be more vulnerable to standup as the other one tends to be more active. I'd use LRG for Fitch.

No reason at all to use them both. The fighter should not 'switch' between both as Adam mentioned. The difference is explained in-game. L&P should indeed be more vulnerable to standup as the other one tends to be more active. I'd use LRG for Fitch.

All right, sounds good.

Also, I trust that there's not an issue between loves to roll/wrestle and one of the "decision stall" (L&P/LRG) attributes? Ie, they'll gladly go for a shoot/clinch takedown (depending on their attribute and skill), but once their opponent is on the ground, it's smothering/occasional hitting until the bell?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Coiler" data-cite="Coiler" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, I trust that there's <em>not</em> an issue between loves to roll/wrestle and one of the "decision stall" (L&P/LRG) attributes? Ie, they'll gladly go for a shoot/clinch takedown (depending on their attribute and skill), but once their opponent is on the ground, it's smothering/occasional hitting until the bell?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Less is more in this case. I'd advice not combining ANY of these and just select the appropriate one for your mod. And only if the character really has his reasons stated in his biography. Because characters can really grow depending on the hidden destiny and cap stats, and it's a pity to have an (eventual) multi-talented athlete resort to the same restrictive style "just because". It's not that they have a grappling background that they will forever shy away from striking. You almost never see that.</p><p> </p><p> "loves to wrestle" is for someone who likes to pin and pummel against the cage, leaving the ground option open if they see it's there.</p><p> </p><p> "love to roll" is unrestricted ground game.</p><p> </p><p> Having either with "L&P", for one, will completely negate either as L&P is a more specific one (if it's not just overwritten by the other). As a modder, you want to know for sure what they'll do.</p><p> </p><p> The "loves to" stats imo should be used only to somehow simulate kickboxing or grappling matches.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Less is more in this case. I'd advice not combining ANY of these and just select the appropriate one for your mod. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. Although I don't have an issue with hyper-specialized characters as much because A: I mostly just goof around with quick fights, and B: Part of my project is making non-MMA athletes, who are often going to be more one-dimensional by nature (ie, Queensbury boxers with no kicking ability).</p><p> </p><p> Still will gladly heed your advice to not go overboard on attributes and letting their ratings speak for themselves (esp. if I do play a real sim game), but I don't mind extreme styles if I know that's what I want from them.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I've been playing for a while and booked a lot of shows and added a lot of cans(which are still pretty good) to the database. The problem is that it's too easy to get high international(major), medium international(lesser), and lower international(throway shows).

And I only care about the main event and don't care about credibility at all. So I get 1 main event slot and 19 slots to build fighters up. And at mid level national fighters start being able to main event and they get to that level as low as crushing 5 or 6 cans. So the number of main eventers keeps multiplying so I have to keep booking more shows and importing more cans to the database.

It's basically becoming a nightmare to book shows with me booking like 6 shows per day. Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...