WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

3 hours ago, gazdaman said:

Just wondering if the game ends at all and if anyone has ever started a game with no workers and only one company 

It won't "end" in the strictest sense. But if you don't have Regeneration and Generated Fighters enabled (as well as Picture Requirement set to Off) in the Game Options menu then eventually you'll run out of fighters no matter what database you're using. (unless you also use the Populate Fighters option)

How do the pics labled as "free" in the pictures folder work?

I'm trying to create a database where I use "populate fighters" to create random fighters to fill the entire database with.

I want each fighter created by the populate fighters function to each use a random face+body picture from those available in the pictures folder. Is that possible? what do I need to do to make it work? I have some pictures labled as free but they aren't being used when I populate.

I see there's an option for 'picture requirement' inside the settings after starting a save, and it sounds like newly generated fighters will use free pics, but does it not work when populating through the database editor before starting a save?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

So I'm having the same issue that a lot of people in this topic seem to have which is that when a company is supposed to open, it does not. Using the Dawn of MMA database, the companies Pride FC, King of the Cage and Jungle Fight did not open when they were supposed to and instead added 1000 years to the opening date. However, I know that the "issue" is supposedly how many available owners they are. But the thing is that characters like Dana White and a couple of others are available, and active in the regions. Even when I added more characters, it still would not open these companies.

If 1000 years are being added then the company has almost certainly been assigned mandatory owners and none of them are available to found the company; usually either their status is incorrect (like still being an active fighter) or they're already in a position of power with a different company. In that situation it won't matter how many other owners you add to the database because it has to be one of the three who have been set as mandatory.

Anyone who comes across my post in here, I have found a solution:

So the first issue is that yes, the creator of the database set Pride and a few others to have mandatory owners, but there were all listed as None, so no one was opening the company. The solution is to obviously change that but if you have already started a game, what I have done is I changed the name of the necessary companies and then just imported them (with the owner thing changed to preferred) and with their current opening dates, they automatically are already open (if you have passed their opening date) without any owner

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Makachev said:

Is there a way to make a fighter that makes great performance as a Wrestler ? I feel like the perfomances factors of a fight is largely dependent on the stand-up of a fight.

Due to 5 min. rounds being rather short to make watching a lot of fights bearable, the strikers will have more consistent success whereas the wrestlers will need some luck to get a clinch and need a lot of time to do something with it that results in points.

The "constant takedowns" attribute largely seems to overwrite the 'initiative' game that wrestlers often lose against strikers. Imo it's the most overpowered attribute that can even make decent wrestlers win a lot unless they get unlucky or face someone with a godly sprawl.

Try giving him that attribute and I guarantee you his performance will double. :p

On 11/15/2022 at 9:47 AM, Blackman said:

Due to 5 min. rounds being rather short to make watching a lot of fights bearable, the strikers will have more consistent success whereas the wrestlers will need some luck to get a clinch and need a lot of time to do something with it that results in points.

The "constant takedowns" attribute largely seems to overwrite the 'initiative' game that wrestlers often lose against strikers. Imo it's the most overpowered attribute that can even make decent wrestlers win a lot unless they get unlucky or face someone with a godly sprawl.

Try giving him that attribute and I guarantee you his performance will double. :p

Thanks for the advice, However I was not talking about the wins but the rating of fights, Wrestlers seems to makes a lot of "Average" or "Decent" fights whereas strikers can makes "Good" consistently or even "Great" and some "Fantastic" with the right attributes. My question is, is it possible to make an exciting wrestler (Like Chimaev for exemple) or is it only for fighters who delivers a high numbers of strikes per fight.

1 hour ago, Makachev said:

Thanks for the advice, However I was not talking about the wins but the rating of fights, Wrestlers seems to makes a lot of "Average" or "Decent" fights whereas strikers can makes "Good" consistently or even "Great" and some "Fantastic" with the right attributes. My question is, is it possible to make an exciting wrestler (Like Chimaev for exemple) or is it only for fighters who delivers a high numbers of strikes per fight.

I don't share that perception, and I've played the game for a long long time. It depends on the matchup. Two wrestler types with bad striking and similar skill will almost always provide a bad match, just like in reality. 'Careful' wrestlers who grind obviously get the same bad performance. But succesful transitions and scrambles that result in danger positions near the bell will boost excitement a lot. That's the equivalent of a near-finish strikers get with stuns/wobbles. It doesn't even need to be competitive. Dominating performances still often get "great", but there's a higher chance if the opponent resists.

1 hour ago, Blackman said:

I don't share that perception, and I've played the game for a long long time. It depends on the matchup. Two wrestler types with bad striking and similar skill will almost always provide a bad match, just like in reality. 'Careful' wrestlers who grind obviously get the same bad performance. But succesful transitions and scrambles that result in danger positions near the bell will boost excitement a lot. That's the equivalent of a near-finish strikers get with stuns/wobbles. It doesn't even need to be competitive. Dominating performances still often get "great", but there's a higher chance if the opponent resists.

That's interesting, and what attributes would you recommend to make a Wrestler/Grappler that isn't doing boring fights (like staple attributes for you)

Question about the "potential" stat: does it reflect how good a fighter will be (i.e., is 76 potential could develop better than 70, depending on team, etc.?), or does it show how much progress a fighter has made towards their maximum skill (i.e., a 76 potential fighter is closer to their "maximum" skill than a 70 potential?)?

32 minutes ago, w4lru5 said:

Question about the "potential" stat: does it reflect how good a fighter will be (i.e., is 76 potential could develop better than 70, depending on team, etc.?), or does it show how much progress a fighter has made towards their maximum skill (i.e., a 76 potential fighter is closer to their "maximum" skill than a 70 potential?)?

The former.

3 minutes ago, Makachev said:

Also how much the "background" attribute dictate how much a fighter will progress in this particulary field ? A fighter with 100 potential can reach a 90+ in wrestling for exemple if he don't have the world class wrestler ? 

It varies from fighter to fighter as it depends on many variables and randomness.

46 minutes ago, Makachev said:

but at least a fighter can progress a lot without a background ? It isn't mandatory to have a background to see good progression ? Thanks for replying btw

No, it's not mandatory to have a background in something, a background just guarantees a certain level of proficiency and minimum level of cap on related stats.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, schnapsgaming said:

Question regarding stats... im currently in the process of modding a character database and was wondering what does the marketability stats do for characters ... what does it change to have high charisma, interviews looks, menace, performance, aura

could you give me a rundown of what the stats does ? thanks

5 hours ago, schnapsgaming said:

could you give me a rundown of what the stats does ? thanks

It means they gain popularity faster. Think McGregor or Rousey: both have a knack of connecting with the crowd and it made them into stars. Depending on which marketability stat you get different feedback in post-fight segments. There's no "bonus" to having great values to all of them. In-game they will get better pop boosts during reality TV shows and after winning a fight.

I'd also like to add that - in practice - potential doesn't guarantee a great fighter. The max values differ in each different game based on another (hidden) value. Setting it to 100 opens up a fighter to get godly stats, but doesn't guarantee it in any way, even if he gets access to the top training camps.

• Like 1