WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, catropis84 said:

Using a real world mod and no american fighters were being generated...majority were australian and canadian. Started a brand new database to test, and again no American fighterss are generated. Maybe 3-4 a year. Is there any way to fix this?

Generation is tied to demand. If you've got tons of US fighters already then you're not going to see many new ones generated until people start retiring or a bunch of new companies open to create new demand.

On 7/29/2023 at 10:16 AM, Adam Ryland said:

Generation is tied to demand. If you've got tons of US fighters already then you're not going to see many new ones generated until people start retiring or a bunch of new companies open to create new demand.

Okay was asking since im 12 years into the save and there have been less than 20 generated American fighters total. Might be due to the large number of American fighters at the begining.

Had a question about generation, it says the default generation settings dont apply to any fighters below Bantamweight. But if the majority of companies have a flyweight class, does it mean an equal number of flyweights will still be generated on default settings? Also wa a but confused about how specific generated fighter settings work. For example if I put in 15 strawweights in every class and nothing else, do the rest of the weight classes generate as per default?

Thanks

19 hours ago, catropis84 said:

Okay was asking since im 12 years into the save and there have been less than 20 generated American fighters total. Might be due to the large number of American fighters at the begining.

Had a question about generation, it says the default generation settings dont apply to any fighters below Bantamweight. But if the majority of companies have a flyweight class, does it mean an equal number of flyweights will still be generated on default settings? Also wa a but confused about how specific generated fighter settings work. For example if I put in 15 strawweights in every class and nothing else, do the rest of the weight classes generate as per default?

Thanks

I think you're over-complicating things. The system is very simple, as follows:

1 - For each area the game looks at each of the weight classes, once for men, once for women

2 - If no companies in that area have a corresponding weight class then nothing happens and you ignore steps 3 and 4.

3 - If there is at least one corresponding weight class then the game counts the current number of fighters in that area who qualify for that weight class and compares them to a minimum. If the number is less than the minimum, the game starts creating new fighters to fill the gap.

4 - If there's a valid era setting, it uses that for the minimum value. If there isn't, it uses 25 (for men) or 15 (for women).

• Like 1

A very small and out of left field question: can anyone remind me where these plus and minus graphics are used in the game? I know I've seen them before, but put on the spot needing to see them in action, for the life of me I can't remember which screen(s) use them😅 If there are multiple, I really only need one.

plus.jpg.759fb51a0bfcd239ed87a62fc613c61a.jpgminus.jpg.1341db0953a8314459ca54ecaa15db98.jpg

Edited by Iceisle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 7:07 PM, Gungner said:

Is there any way a fighter will prolong their career?
If a fighter says that he or she only expects to have one or two fights left, can they extend to that?
Like, say, if they got signed or wins a title?

Not themselves, no. But the player can prolong it by talking to them, even if you are employed on the other side of the world.

• 2 weeks later...