WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

Is there a way I can bulk sign free agents modifying a spreadsheet instead of having to click through hundreds of fighters?

Thanks.

If you weren’t aware, You can edit and filter your search results based off of record, attributes, ethnicity, fighting style and more.

Is there any way to add another person to a game that has already began?

In this particular example I've been running one company for over an year now, but now I want to share the save with another person, who would take control of other company or should we begin a new save?

• 2 weeks later...

Buying out other companies.

Okay, i literally have no idea what to do. It appears to me that it just does not happen but I am desperate in my favorite save to get a CHILD ORG.

I have one company at -267,000 and they dont believe they need to sell. This has been this way for a year. They are 17th in all the MMA land. There are a few other companies that just wont give in.

What am i doing wrong? How do you buy out these companies? Thanks guys and happy 4th.

Does it matter which day of the week I'm holding a show?

Fx, will Saturday attract more people and viewers than, say, a Sunday or a Wednesday?

I don't think it matters which day you hold a show on.

Why is all worker potential at 0 in all the mods I've played?

A potential of "0" doesn't mean they have zero potential, the fighter's potential will be randomised at the start of each game unless it has a set value of 1 to 100.

Is there a way to make it so fights are 100% devoid of any ground action? I just want striking only fights. I'm ok with clinching but I don't want fights to end on the ground.

I've done everything I can to prevent the fights going to the ground by editing both fighters I'm testing with, including setting all ground/wrestling/clinch stats to 0 (except the defensive stats that relate to defending takedowns which i've set to 100), giving them attributes of loves to strike together with hates to clinch/wrestle/roll, changing the engine calculations to -99% for everything except striking.

And yet, I still get some fights going to the ground and ending there...

The fighters always end up clinching and then trying to take each other down and somehow one manages it (usually by reversing the other's attempt) and from there it's usually a strikes TKO.

I want a striking only fight (occasional clinching is ok) with 10 counts on knockdowns. Is there a way to achieve that with certainty of not getting occasional ground wins?

Thanks

I got fired from a promotion in one of the WMMA 3 games.

In my sims, every company, even regionals, have made a million profit in less than 12 months. No TV deals to start, no name fighters. They draw 100 per show, but have turned a million dollar profit...how exactly?

One company, the only company that has lost money, is -800,000 in debt...but still running, never closing.

• 1 month later...

Regarding states and regulation, considering i start a game in 1996 and most of states have made MMA illegal in the US, how long for a state it is to become regulated. I know for a fact that if a state is more liberal and the public perception is high enough then the state will regulate faster but considering New York is a very liberal state in real life but did not regulate the sport until 2016, i think would it be more appropriate for the state to be very conservative. Another example is that most southern states had unregulated laws considering the sport was illegal in most of the US at that time (UFC events from 1996 to 2000) should those states be very liberal compared to what political stance they have in real life which most of them are conservative or very conservative. Im trying to reflect in real life how states regulated the sport when playing a Dawn of MMA 1993 scenario game. All feedback would be appreciated, thanks. 

On 8/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, schnapsgaming said:

Regarding states and regulation, considering i start a game in 1996 and most of states have made MMA illegal in the US, how long for a state it is to become regulated.

There's no single answer for that as it would differ from game to game. Hidden counters are set up when you start a new game and count down to regulation as the game progresses. As the initial counter number for each region involves a lot of randomness, the same region could become regulated many years apart in two separate save games from the same database.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

There's no single answer for that as it would differ from game to game. Hidden counters are set up when you start a new game and count down to regulation as the game progresses. As the initial counter number for each region involves a lot of randomness, the same region could become regulated many years apart in two separate save games from the same database.

Thanks for the reply :)