WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

On 9/11/2022 at 12:04 PM, Undertaker666 said:

It won't "end" in the strictest sense. But if you don't have Regeneration and Generated Fighters enabled (as well as Picture Requirement set to Off) in the Game Options menu then eventually you'll run out of fighters no matter what database you're using. (unless you also use the Populate Fighters option)

Well funnily enough this is what brought me on the forums today. I have ended the game. My game can no longer generate fighters. All names have been used. I started a custom database in the year 2000. The game is at 2079 and I can't generate any fighter of either sex in any weight class from any region and the current crop are aging, rapidly. 

So my question for you guys is, is there a way to get my database to reuse names? I've downloaded all the name mods I could find in fact I even downloaded a WMMA3 one I found and transferred it through 3 to 4 to 5 to add a couple hundred but alas, I am out. 

On 11/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, zlodi said:

I don't know if this has already been asked but is there a quick way to see which fighters are near the end of their exclusive contracts without reading all the news one by one? I want to try and snap up some UFC talent but they are all exclusive so I have to wait until they're in their few last months of contract and to know which fighters are available to negotiate with, I would have to sim day by day and read all news which is kind of boring with all of the non-important promotions news crowding the news page.

You shortlist them. By default it should give you a notification if their contract is up.

I advise to sim on a weekly basis to make things progress. Unfortunately there's no "sim a week" button. :(

1 hour ago, jw80daddy said:

This question is for Adam: I was just curious as to what the improvements to the fight engine were in the last update? 

I don't remember, they'd have been done a long time ago. It wouldn't have been anything significant as the last patch was just to tie up some final loose ends before the game was done.

2 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

I don't remember, they'd have been done a long time ago. It wouldn't have been anything significant as the last patch was just to tie up some final loose ends before the game was done.

Oh good, WMMA5 is done! Time to make WMMA6 then. For your hard work, I'm sure we'll all allow you to wait until after the World Cup is done though. :);) 

-Was a question here, but someone actually just asked this same question 5 days ago, so I removed it-

Edited by xxjonesy87

During a bit of testing on this, I've noticed that it seems like fighters skills don't increase when that skills attribute rating is somewhere under 40. I didn't get to the exact number, but I've been trying to see if a fighter could improve to a world beater with attributes of all 0s, 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s. From there I jumped to all 40s, and after a year I finally saw increases in the fighters attributes. Has anyone else tested this and know the bottom number? 

15 hours ago, xxjonesy87 said:

Oh good, WMMA5 is done! Time to make WMMA6 then. For your hard work, I'm sure we'll all allow you to wait until after the World Cup is done though. :);)

-Was a question here, but someone actually just asked this same question 5 days ago, so I removed it-

Actually, that too was adressed multiple times: Adam has no intention to make WMMA6 at the time. Here's hoping he can come up with some kind of MMA-themed Wrestling Spirit. It would make a lot more sense, as the competitiveness of WreSpi has always turned me off, given the whole industry is scripted.

As for the skills: they definitely increase, even from under 40 to 70+. I've tested this a lot. Be sure to nudge the fighters you want to increase to enter dojo's. To recap: very low stats will make the fighter very likely to become a can. It's the already competent fighters, or the ones with L3 or L4 background attributes, that are likely to become worldbeaters. This is likely to prevent the game world from becoming a random mess. 0 to 5 are so low for a 'trained' or "pro" fighter - which every worker is supposed to be - that it's unlikely further training will amount to anything, so it makes sense that the maximum value will be capped as very low.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Celebrimbor said:

Hello everyone, I just started a new save using the 1997 real world mod. I have created new belts for each weight classes, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make two fighters fight for the vacant titles. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nevermind, I just figured it out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Are Fight Camps required to improve a character? I got hired as CEO of WEFF and have worked with them for over a year getting 120 female fighters or so but am noticing most fighters who aren't ranked or lower in the ranks won't have a fight team and they also seem to never improve even with wins. If so is there a strat to open or populate new fight camps so the world can evolve or .... thoughts? 

11 hours ago, Comalogy said:

Are Fight Camps required to improve a character? I got hired as CEO of WEFF and have worked with them for over a year getting 120 female fighters or so but am noticing most fighters who aren't ranked or lower in the ranks won't have a fight team and they also seem to never improve even with wins. If so is there a strat to open or populate new fight camps so the world can evolve or .... thoughts? 

No, they're not. Fighters not attached to a team still train, they just can't improve as quickly as those with access to high quality training.

Regarding your "even with wins" comment, whether you win or lose has no effect on how effective your training is.

How long does it usually take to re-start negotiations with a fighter after you've withdrawn an offer? A few months? Depends on variables? 
Was negotiating with my champion as the contact neared end, and hit "yes" - then realized I had typed an extra zero! 

It's been a month since then, and the message still says "not ready to resume negotiations after collapse"  and  I'm afraid if this might continue for a year. 

On 12/25/2022 at 9:33 AM, amHbooks said:

How long does it usually take to re-start negotiations with a fighter after you've withdrawn an offer? A few months? Depends on variables? 
Was negotiating with my champion as the contact neared end, and hit "yes" - then realized I had typed an extra zero! 

It's been a month since then, and the message still says "not ready to resume negotiations after collapse"  and  I'm afraid if this might continue for a year. 

If I remember correctly it's 6 months. But I haven't simmed any games for quite some time.

49 minutes ago, PERCANGLE2000 said:

Just a question regarding name value/popularity, when a fighter fights does it rise automatically or does it work differently 

It rises and falls automatically dependent on the result of the fight, the broadcasting size / set-up of the show, etc.

• Like 1