WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

It depends on your reputation (I think). Maybe the fighters have just 3-0 and are therefore simply not allowed yet before they are a name. It has to be somewhat close to the camp's reputation.

It might depend on popularity.

They've both got over a dozen wins and Low Level National popularity.

• 2 weeks later...

'Generated Fighters' is disabled in my game but I still got a bunch of new generated fighters randomly appearing suddenly. Any ideas why? :mad:

Also, is there a way to outright delete/remove a character from a game after already starting it? I cannot figure out how.

Thanks!

'Generated Fighters' is disabled in my game but I still got a bunch of new generated fighters randomly appearing suddenly. Any ideas why?

Disabling the feature only stops fighters being generated from that point onward. Those who have already been generated, which would include those who have yet to enter the game world, are unaffected.

Also, is there a way to outright delete/remove a character from a game after already starting it? I cannot figure out how.

You cannot remove characters from a live game.

Disabling the feature only stops fighters being generated from that point onward. Those who have already been generated, which would include those who have yet to enter the game world, are unaffected.

You cannot remove characters from a live game.

Thank you for the quick response!

• 2 weeks later...
I have not played WMMA5 for a while. When I launched the game a couple days ago I noticed that there was a patch in 12-21. How do I get the patch? I went to the WMMA5 download section here but there were so many pop-up advertisements I could not see if there is a link to download a patch.

I have not played WMMA5 for a while. When I launched the game a couple days ago I noticed that there was a patch in 12-21. How do I get the patch? I went to the WMMA5 download section here but there were so many pop-up advertisements I could not see if there is a link to download a patch.

You can find it under the Tech Support section

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540196

WMMA5 comes about as close to perfect as any game I have ever played, but I have always had trouble remembering my fighters. I know that is mostly my fault, because I'm so eager to get to the next show I don't take enough time to really study my roster. It does not help that I am playing as SIGMA, and other, bigger companies are constantly stealing my fighters. A guy gets a spectacular KO win and gets a SIGMA belt, and it seems that almost immediately some other company is trying to sign him.

I am putting interesting fighters on my shortlist and trying to study them more, in order to get myself more emotionally invested in my fight cards. But still, the problem of poaching by other companies remains.

Does anyone else playing as a smaller company have trouble remembering their fighters?

If so, does anyone out there have any tips for making individual fighters stand out in their mind?

If so, does anyone out there have any tips for making individual fighters stand out in their mind?

I don't really have this issue much but I've been playing since the very first game so I know all the fighters pretty much.

One thing that might help is finding a few lesser known fighters in each division and specifically noting them in your mind, for the purpose of stanning for them. If they look good and interesting, specifically book them against cans to rise them through the ranks. It's more exhilarating to continually book them against lesser opponents when they should be around title contention, ironically.

Is there anything to gain, financially or otherwise, from having some shows outside your home region?

I'm playing as SIGMA, and I've thought of having my next show in Ohio instead of Germany. I am even considering South Africa.

The "lucrative" rating for Ohio is 80% instead of 70-72% for Germany, but I have never run a show in the US and wonder if it would be worthwhile or a disaster for my company. I have run one show in the UK because I have some UK-origin fighters.

My main goal is to become popular enough in my home market so I can get fighters to accept exclusive contracts, but it might be fun to go abroad from time to time, the way the WWE does.

Is there anything to gain, financially or otherwise, from having some shows outside your home region?

I'm playing as SIGMA, and I've thought of having my next show in Ohio instead of Germany. I am even considering South Africa.

The "lucrative" rating for Ohio is 80% instead of 70-72% for Germany, but I have never run a show in the US and wonder if it would be worthwhile or a disaster for my company. I have run one show in the UK because I have some UK-origin fighters.

My main goal is to become popular enough in my home market so I can get fighters to accept exclusive contracts, but it might be fun to go abroad from time to time, the way the WWE does.

if you have some 'hometown fighters' from Ohio, then go for it.

As SIGMA I don't have any fighters from Ohio. My understanding is that I can only sign fighters based in Europe.

So you don't have any fighters from the region, can't sign any, and have no popularity there but you're wondering if it's a good idea to run a show there?

So you don't have any fighters from the region, can't sign any, and have no popularity there but you're wondering if it's a good idea to run a show there?

There is no need to be sarcastic. This is a "small questions thread," so if you have no desire to answer a small question, just don't bother to say anything, please.

I didn't ask if it's a good idea. Please read my post. I asked if there is anything to gain, financially or otherwise. I also said "it might be fun to go abroad from time to time, the way the WWE does."

I specifically asked about Ohio because I live in Ohio.

As SIGMA I don't have any fighters from Ohio. My understanding is that I can only sign fighters based in Europe.

You can talk to a fighter and ask them to move. As a smaller company you might have trouble persuading them to move if they've already got a contract elsewhere, but if they're freely available they're more likely to move to where you are based.

• 1 month later...
Is there any way to increase the production value like in TEW?

No, the game focuses on the fight engine. Management of the company is kept to a strict minimum.

But I guess you can hire better announcers, though I've never really felt the difference between top level announcers and none at all.

Been using the popular "Dawn of MMA Revamped" database and I've run into this weird bug. Whenever a company is set to open, instead of opening, the game moves the open date of the company to 1000 years into the future, ie 2997 instead of 1997. And it happens to every single company when they try to open. You can change it back, and it will just do the same thing again when it hits the open date.

Any ideas?

Been using the popular "Dawn of MMA Revamped" database and I've run into this weird bug. Whenever a company is set to open, instead of opening, the game moves the open date of the company to 1000 years into the future, ie 2997 instead of 1997. And it happens to every single company when they try to open. You can change it back, and it will just do the same thing again when it hits the open date.

Any ideas?

That is not a bug. If the company has been set to open on a specified date but cannot (because there are no valid characters to found it) then it is put forward 1000 years to effectively take it out of circulation.

Is there a way I can bulk sign free agents modifying a spreadsheet instead of having to click through hundreds of fighters?

Thanks.

No. As with any manager game, if you go big it can be quite time consuming.

Remember that you can right-click the "negiotiation" button to immediately go the delegate screen. That will save you hundreds of clicks in your case.