No. of storylines

How many storylines should be/do you run at a time? How do you decide how many you think you should run?

I'm currently booking modern-day WWE, and I usually try to run around 5-7 storylines per brand. But sometimes it feels a bit tedious to worry about 10-14 total storylines. What are some pros/cons to running more storylines vs. fewer storylines?

Gives you things to focus on, individually building a group of people. You can add more people to a storyline (so you have less) but it could tank the heat for it if you don't put out excellent segments. This way, you can have a midcard storyline with middling heat and still benefit (instead of a Main Event storyline with "meh" heat).

I had a modern day WWE save that had roughly 20-25 storylines going constantly. It made booking shows quicker because as long as every storyline had a match/segment, my shows were pretty much full by the time I fit everything in. I did have an issue of them stalling out longer than they should have but that was more an issue of me just letting them run. I’m also a big fan of stable wars in big companies so I always had storylines with 8-10 people in them and everyone mid card and above in a storyline at all times.

<p>As many as necessary. As long as my top guys are all doing something generally. This could mean just 4 feuds per brand if I'm booking a Rumble or a Survivor Series but can be as much as 5-7 per brand for larger cards. I make sure for each show each feud gets at least some focus, be it a segment or a match. It writes my shows for me.</p><p> </p><p>

I also might have a mini feud with mid card talent that's not officially a storyline but I'll have two wrestlers or two teams interact to some degree leading up to a ppv. This gives them something to do and gives me the option to use them as a breather match on the PPV or as a preshow match.</p>

<p>Generally, I go with whatever feuds I'm running, and maybe add in 1 or 2 for guys I'm specifically trying to get over. (or guys I find have great chemistry working together)</p><p> </p><p>

For my WWE or WCW saves, I figure 1 storyline for each of the 3 titles, 1 or 2 for getting guys over, and many 1 for chemistry. 6? 7?</p><p> </p><p>

What I also do is:</p><p>

1) let some stories blend together to add heat to the middling ones. (since both games penalize you for having low scoring storylines)</p><p>

2) move guys in and out of stories to retain high heat</p><p> </p><p>

So it doesnt hinder my booking, but rather mirrors it.</p><p>

I often use it as a "reminder" of what I'm trying to accomplish.</p>

<p>I don't normally run an entertainment based fed that requires storylines.</p><p> </p><p>

But when I do run storylines in my game, I tend to do between 5 and 8 depending on how many championships I have or who I have to work with at the time. </p><p> </p><p>

I try to do less than 8 most of the times since most of my ppvs are 3 hours I don't want the entire show to have feuds, I book my feuds towards the top of the card and leave 2 to 3 matches open to give some guys a chance at a bigger show to help warm up the crowd.</p>

Currently I'm still playing my original WWE 2004 game from when TEW16 first came out. I'm in mid 2008 at this point so I still have the brand split. Running Raw, ECW, and Smackdown I have at most ten stories but right now I've got about 7. I like to run at least one main event storyline for each brand so that's 3 storylines immediately. I also run a midcard storyline for each brand which ends up giving me 6 storylines. I may also run another main event storyline if needed for Raw or Smackdown. I currently have one more main event storyline going to give me 7. I lump all the midcard titles into the midcard storylines unless something big is needed. I also make interpromotional storylines like a Royal Rumble story or a Money in the Bank story when needed.

<p>I'm currently playing a 2001 WCW Lives save, and my feuds are:</p><p>

1 per championship (5 at the moment)</p><p>

1 other main event storyline</p><p>

1 other midcard storyline</p><p>

Usually 1 other tag-team storyline.</p><p> </p><p>

So around 8 at the moment</p>

Archived