Weekly events give too much pop?

I've been running weekly 3-hour events in a save that is over 6 years in-game (it's 2022). They are shown on my own subscription broadcaster instead of monthly PPVs and a TV show. The idea of this is to make each show seem important and not stuffed with TV filler matches.

It's been fun playing this way, but now everyone is way too over. Might not sound like a problem but when even enhancement talent and openers have 70+ pop across the board and their contracts renew at $40,000 per month to try to fend off rivals, it's a little out of whack. Two wins can take a guy from the midcard to the main event, because it's all so tight.

Also, every show is getting attendance of 50,000+ and scoring minimum of 85, often in the 90s. It seems that maybe the pop gain for both the workers and the company may be set a little too high for weekly events. Or is there something I can do to limit this? Should I lower the event prestige in the editor maybe? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

<p>What you see as a problem I may test in my game. So essentially 4 PPVs a month on the Network as opposed to 4 TV and 1 PPV?</p><p> </p><p>

Did you have the star power from the beginning to not negatively affect your scores?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What you see as a problem I may test in my game. So essentially 4 PPVs a month on the Network as opposed to 4 TV and 1 PPV?<p> </p><p> Did you have the star power from the beginning to not negatively affect your scores?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not a bad problem to have though, eh? But yes, essentially 4 PPVs per month as opposed to TV and 1. They're not fully stacked though. I'll usually still only have the main title defended once per month and the others maybe twice. I just try to make sure every match has a reason to exist, even if it's lower carders. So it's fighting for a title or a shot or a match that plays into a feud. There are quite a lot of angles and interviews too, more than on a real-life PPV. (70/30 match/angle split)</p><p> </p><p> I didn't have much star power at first. I started at high cult and held there for a couple of years. I did have a lot of star quality though, so when guys started getting over, it went from there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not a bad problem to have though, eh? But yes, essentially 4 PPVs per month as opposed to TV and 1. They're not fully stacked though. I'll usually still only have the main title defended once per month and the others maybe twice. I just try to make sure every match has a reason to exist, even if it's lower carders. So it's fighting for a title or a shot or a match that plays into a feud. There are quite a lot of angles and interviews too, more than on a real-life PPV. (70/30 match/angle split)<p> </p><p> I didn't have much star power at first. I started at high cult and held there for a couple of years. I did have a lot of star quality though, so when guys started getting over, it went from there.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's realistic though. Pop gains are suppose to be bigger in events, so if you run several events a month, expect good gains and also big losses to those who lose a lot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's realistic though. Pop gains are suppose to be bigger in events, so if you run several events a month, expect good gains and also big losses to those who lose a lot.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> For sure, but aren't weekly events supposed to be considered lesser/minor events? I mean, they don't qualify for Card of the Year and you can't give a speech to the workers after, don't count towards HoF/HoI, etc. I expect them to have bigger gains/losses than TV, but less than monthly or annual events, but I'm not sure that's actually the case.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For sure, but aren't weekly events supposed to be considered lesser/minor events? I mean, they don't qualify for Card of the Year and you can't give a speech to the workers after, don't count towards HoF/HoI, etc. I expect them to have bigger gains/losses than TV, but less than monthly or annual events, but I'm not sure that's actually the case.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Something to consider in the next patch, I suppose. Hadn't noticed it, as it's been a long time since I've used weekly events. But yes, while the gains should be higher than TV, they should not be as high as monthly or annual events.</p>

<p>If you hold them all in the same region you will get penalties.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, since they don't count for HOI, I don't see any harm... It worked better in TEW13 where you could set the importance of a weekly event and it would always stay "Small" or "Medium".</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Something to consider in the next patch, I suppose. Hadn't noticed it, as it's been a long time since I've used weekly events. But yes, while the gains should be higher than TV, they should not be as high as monthly or annual events.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Yeah, but I have to say I'm not sure that the gains are the same as monthly and annual events, it's just that it <em>seems</em> that way. It could also just be the long-term accumulated gains from a 6+ year save during which time I've held about 300 of these weekly events. I'm also at International level and comfortably the #1 company worldwide, so that could also be a factor. It's hard to know for sure, but like I said in my original post, it's a little strange when enhancement talents have 70 pop and $40k p/m salaries.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you hold them all in the same region you will get penalties.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm, yes that could be worth a try. A little strange to actively seek penalties but it could help to keep everyone's pop spread better.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, but I have to say I'm not sure that the gains are the same as monthly and annual events, it's just that it <em>seems</em> that way. It could also just be the long-term accumulated gains from a 6+ year save during which time I've held about 300 of these weekly events. I'm also at International level and comfortably the #1 company worldwide, so that could also be a factor. It's hard to know for sure, but like I said in my original post, it's a little strange when enhancement talents have 70 pop and $40k p/m salaries.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Hmm, yes that could be worth a try. A little strange to actively seek penalties but it could help to keep everyone's pop spread better.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Then perhaps the gains are fine, maybe you just reached a level where they come easily and your roster became so over that it becomes even easier.</p>

<p>The actual in-game answer is that the game wants your balloon to pop, and you'll be forced to perform a massive downsizing of the roster to cut costs and hire a bunch of less popular, less over people to "soft reset" with. </p><p> </p><p>

Of course, when you reach a certain stability there's nothing you can do that would cause you to be financially threatened, other than all your midcarders demanding 50k/month.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you hold them all in the same region you will get penalties.<p> </p><p> Also, since they don't count for HOI, I don't see any harm... It worked better in TEW13 where you could set the importance of a weekly event and it would always stay "Small" or "Medium".</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Even with the penalties, it's absolutely worth doing for a Regional company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For sure, but aren't weekly events supposed to be considered lesser/minor events? ... I expect them to have bigger gains/losses than TV, but less than monthly or annual events, but I'm not sure that's actually the case.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can confirm that it <em>is</em> the case. The gains are less than a quarter of an annual event.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45490" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can confirm that it <em>is</em> the case. The gains are less than a quarter of an annual event.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for confirming this Adam, and thanks to everyone else who replied. I guess in some ways I'm the victim of my own success. #1 company, huge broadcaster and long-term pop gains have lead to everyone being over. Not a bad problem to have, in any case.</p>

Archived