Does anyone else have this problem?

Okay so here's the situation I've been playing the same save with NOTBPW ever since the day that TEW 2016 was released (yes I still have the save that I started the day of release) and while I'm really enjoying it and I'm in April 2022, I'm having a problem getting into anything else outside of this save.

I'm really enjoying this save but every once in a while I need a break from it so I'll start another save and then eventually ditch it because honestly I've had a hard time getting into anything outside of NOTBPW. I tried FCW which I ran a 26 year long save in TEW 2010 but I just couldn't get into it. I also started a save with USPW which I was really enjoying but I abandoned and eventually deleted it when I realized that I signed a lot of the same top guys that were currently in my NOTBPW save and the main event scenes within those two saves were virtually identical. That's a problem that I have far too often and yeah while I could sign different people it's hard to pass up a Rocky Golden when he becomes a free agent or when I can steal him away from TCW which is exactly what I did in my NOTBPW save and he's my current World Champion in that save.

So I started a new save in SOTBPW which is in Mexico so It'll force me to sign new guys who I don't normally deal with or sign because that's the only solution I could come up with. And while I'm really enjoying this save I'm sure at some point I'll eventually abandon this save as well in favor of my NOTBPW save.

Does anyone have this problem or is it just me and if anyone has had this exact problem what have you done that have freshened things up whether it be a Mod Change etc. I'm open to ideas although please keep in mind that while I respect what real world modders are able to do I just can't get into them because I find it hard deviating to far from history and what actually happened is happening in the current day product that I'm not a huge fan of playing those mods.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the semi long post.

<p>The game is never ending. Something a lot of people forget. There isn't a "win" in this game. I mean your user character can't die, even. </p><p> </p><p>

So it's not a bad thing. I can play a save for 10+ years. Eventually I abandon it and move on, it's not uncommon. I recall my CV97 went from 97 to 2014? I mean, I'd love to continue it but I was burnt out, my roster got too big and such. </p><p> </p><p>

It's just a matter of enjoying the game. If you're enjoying the game, don't worry.</p>

I got that just a couple of days ago, and my main advice would be to clear your head. Sit back, and think “What do I want from this save? What are my goals?”. Think of things you have never tried before. It might be a long time coming, but you’ll get there.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45605" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The game is never ending. Something a lot of people forget. There isn't a "win" in this game. I mean your user character can't die, even. <p> </p><p> So it's not a bad thing. I can play a save for 10+ years. Eventually I abandon it and move on, it's not uncommon. I recall my CV97 went from 97 to 2014? I mean, I'd love to continue it but I was burnt out, my roster got too big and such. </p><p> </p><p> It's just a matter of enjoying the game. If you're enjoying the game, don't worry.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the case of my NOTBPW save and my situation I'm not burnt out, in fact I just put the World Title on Rocky Golden not to long ago so I'm interested in continuing that to see how far his reign can go because I have big plans for him as champion. However that being said I was just burnt out from that save for now but I know I will eventually go back to it. It's just more of question of what to do in the meantime. </p><p> </p><p> Also this SOTBPW save is currently in it's early stages and I usually don't get a good feel for a new save until I've played about a year of it so I won't know until 2017 (in game) if this save will hold up or not. </p><p> </p><p> NOTBPW is my go to promotion because I'm really good at playing as them which I realize to some is not hard but it's what I know and it's hard to get away from it sometimes.</p>

<p>I posted in the booking committee thread about a few ways I've found that help the "burn out". Another thing I can think of that might help you is get out of your comfort zone when it comes to running a "wrestling promotion".</p><p> </p><p>

I think everyone (including myself) generally has a set idea in their head as to how they book their promotion, and all of them end up pretty much the same. If you find yourself with the same match/angle ratio, the same kind of feuds, titles, match lengths, types, try something COMPLETELY different.</p><p> </p><p>

Go play DIW and book a car crash, hardcore fed and use a lot of high spot, crazy bump matches where your guys kill themselves every night. Embrace negative personalities. Don't treat it like a "game", just throw yourself into a completely different style of promotion because when you have NOTBPW, SOTBPW, FCW, TCW, SWF, etc they all kind blend together style-wise and you end up with very similar promotions.</p><p> </p><p>

I know I keep going back to Australia but RAW is even more sports entertainment than SWF, go max angles and book it like a tv show (no ppvs, no major events, just straight tv shows). Book a hyper realism promotion with cage fights and fighter records that straddles the line of UFC with some of wrestling's flair involved. With TEW, there are some things that just "work" best, and to most of us, when we picture a wrestling promotion, we think WWE or something similar and we book similarly to that, only occasionally branching out with less angles, more angles, longer matches.</p><p> </p><p>

It doesn't even have to be just the product that's wild, come up with some crazy ass rules for your promotion, either with regards to hiring, how titles work, etc. One example I can think of is how in SELF's CGC dynasty a while back, he had a title literally split into pieces and the person who wanted to be champ had to collect all the pieces. There are tons of different storytelling directions you can go into to make any non-NOTBPW game you play a very very different experience.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45605" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have almost the exact opposite problem. I want to run all the companies, so keep flipping between games.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This reminds me of a friend of mine everyone plays the game a different way and that's so cool!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45605" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have almost the exact opposite problem. I want to run all the companies, so keep flipping between games.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am the same way.</p><p> </p><p> In regards to your question Taker, I do not run into this problem with TEW. However, I do run into this problem with WMMA. I had to step away from the game because I was only playing my original GAMMA save and nothing else. I keep saying I am going to play as another company and I never do.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakerNGN74" data-cite="TakerNGN74" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45605" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay so here's the situation I've been playing the same save with NOTBPW ever since the day that TEW 2016 was released (yes I still have the save that I started the day of release) and while I'm really enjoying it and I'm in April 2022, I'm having a problem getting into anything else outside of this save. <p> </p><p> I'm really enjoying this save but every once in a while I need a break from it so I'll start another save and then eventually ditch it because honestly I've had a hard time getting into anything outside of NOTBPW. I tried FCW which I ran a 26 year long save in TEW 2010 but I just couldn't get into it. I also started a save with USPW which I was really enjoying but I abandoned and eventually deleted it when I realized that I signed a lot of the same top guys that were currently in my NOTBPW save and the main event scenes within those two saves were virtually identical. That's a problem that I have far too often and yeah while I could sign different people it's hard to pass up a Rocky Golden when he becomes a free agent or when I can steal him away from TCW which is exactly what I did in my NOTBPW save and he's my current World Champion in that save.</p><p> </p><p> So I started a new save in SOTBPW which is in Mexico so It'll force me to sign new guys who I don't normally deal with or sign because that's the only solution I could come up with. And while I'm really enjoying this save I'm sure at some point I'll eventually abandon this save as well in favor of my NOTBPW save. </p><p> </p><p> Does anyone have this problem or is it just me and if anyone has had this exact problem what have you done that have freshened things up whether it be a Mod Change etc. I'm open to ideas although please keep in mind that while I respect what real world modders are able to do I just can't get into them because I find it hard deviating to far from history and what actually happened is happening in the current day product that I'm not a huge fan of playing those mods.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks in advance and I apologize for the semi long post.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I always stick with a save. Sometimes I have to pick interesting ways to go with it. For example, in my current game (WWF 87-96) I have all my plans tentatively mapped out until Mania 15. After that, I decided I want to freshen my game up.</p><p> </p><p> Here are my plans in no particular order</p><p> </p><p> 1. Plane Crash </p><p> 2. Leave and open my own promotion to compete in North America</p><p> 3. Create a touring promotion that has an alliance with all the major top promotions in the world and have specialized tournaments every other month. That way I have a new roster every other month to play with talent and develop them. Once the tournament is over, I can send them else where. It also helps that if I have working agreements or an alliance I can borrow top stars to compete as well.</p><p> 4. Create a civil war in the WWF and have Vince and Linda get divorced with Linda opening her own promotion and taking half the superstars or maybe even the kids.</p><p> 5. Join a smaller promotion and help them.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Those are my ideas. I usually stick to one save and see what I like the most.</p>

<p>I played a long RTG game and tapped out after I got to the end of year... 7 or 8? Running five shows a month with a roster I'd barely changed in 3 years meant it was all blurring together.</p><p> </p><p>

My WCW game is for a diary, so that keeps me going - I want to book the next show, the next event, go through to the year's end, and so on.</p><p> </p><p>

I can't think of a time I've ever had more than 2 games running, though - usually one diary, one private. If I tire of a save, I usually take it as a sign I should probably go off and play XCom or something until I'm ready to go back to booking.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45605" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I played a long RTG game and tapped out after I got to the end of year... 7 or 8? Running five shows a month with a roster I'd barely changed in 3 years meant it was all blurring together.<p> </p><p> My WCW game is for a diary, so that keeps me going - I want to book the next show, the next event, go through to the year's end, and so on.</p><p> </p><p> I can't think of a time I've ever had more than 2 games running, though - usually one diary, one private. If I tire of a save, I usually take it as a sign I should probably go off and play XCom or something until I'm ready to go back to booking.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I run 9 shows a month (4 Raws, 4 Shotgun Saturday Nights, and a pay per view). One way to get through it is to plan ahead for stuff you would want to see. Also, turn injuries to HIGH and death to HIGH</p><p> </p><p> Also force yourself to release good workers.</p>

I've noticed I kinda get tired of games once they become 'stable.' Like once I've hit the point where I've risen to national and established a new crop of main eventers that, realistically, would be on top of the company for the next several years. I kinda feel like I've finished with that particular save. Like with my WCW '87 game I got to the middle of 1991 with a main event roster of Ric Flair, Sting, Fat Lex Luger, Vader & Ted DeBiase with guys like Cactus Jack, DDP, "Stunning" Steve Austin and "Texas Red" Mark Callus underneath and the WWF's only TV show running in the graveyard slot on TBS, I kinda felt like I'd won and there was nothing left to do.

I always stick with a save. Sometimes I have to pick interesting ways to go with it. For example, in my current game (WWF 87-96) I have all my plans tentatively mapped out until Mania 15. After that, I decided I want to freshen my game up.

Here are my plans in no particular order

1. Plane Crash

2. Leave and open my own promotion to compete in North America

3. Create a touring promotion that has an alliance with all the major top promotions in the world and have specialized tournaments every other month. That way I have a new roster every other month to play with talent and develop them. Once the tournament is over, I can send them else where. It also helps that if I have working agreements or an alliance I can borrow top stars to compete as well.

4. Create a civil war in the WWF and have Vince and Linda get divorced with Linda opening her own promotion and taking half the superstars or maybe even the kids.

5. Join a smaller promotion and help them.

Those are my ideas. I usually stick to one save and see what I like the most.

I find it interesting that you mentioned the Plane Crash thing because I did that in September of 2019 (by using the cheat that allows it to happen the next day) and it happened to USPW which is what I wanted but it didn't change much as far as the landscape of the save. USPW is still the number one company, they were able to rebuild their roster despite a multitude of talents dying including Nicky Champion. I sort of regret doing it but it definitely made things interesting. The only thing that kind of annoys me is that every once in a while I'll think to myself I wonder where wrestler X is as far as employment and when I look them up they are dead because they were involved in the crash.

I find it interesting that you mentioned the Plane Crash thing because I did that in September of 2019 (by using the cheat that allows it to happen the next day) and it happened to USPW which is what I wanted but it didn't change much as far as the landscape of the save. USPW is still the number one company, they were able to rebuild their roster despite a multitude of talents dying including Nicky Champion. I sort of regret doing it but it definitely made things interesting. The only thing that kind of annoys me is that every once in a while I'll think to myself I wonder where wrestler X is as far as employment and when I look them up they are dead because they were involved in the crash.

Yeah. Luckily I have plenty of time to think about it. I understand where you are coming from. I wish there was a way (a cheat) that made everyone unemployed (worker wise) and all the promotions are CULT. I think that would make an interesting game.

Yeah. Luckily I have plenty of time to think about it. I understand where you are coming from. I wish there was a way (a cheat) that made everyone unemployed (worker wise) and all the promotions are CULT. I think that would make an interesting game.

I'm pretty sure there was in an older game. TEW2010 maybe?

Archived