Best way to get developmental talents over without putting them over better talents?

Hi,

Newbie to the TEW game series here.

I'm playing a 2009 mod with WWE, and was wondering what's the best way to get developmental talents over without having them go over better talent?

Basically, I want to be able to do Kevin Owens/Finn Bálor type debuts without hurting the show/other talent too much.

My current developmental company is FCW which is Cult size, ranked #6 in the world, and running two shows a week on my own broadcaster (subscription) which has enormous coverage in the US, but the developmental talent seem to cap at 50-ish pop. I would want certain talent to get to 65-70 pop before debuting in some cases, so I can insert them towards to top end of the cards.

Current FCW champ Jay Lethal has 51 pop in the US which is what the previous champ Heath Slater was at before he lost the title.

Is there a way to do this? Is it "capped" at 50-ish because FCW is cult size, and if so, is there any way for me who doesn't control the company to increase the size?

My other idea is to create a third main roster brand and book it myself as a B-show, but I'm not sure if their pop would increase by that much on a B-show?

Best regards,

Kapten Röd

It's been said a lot on the forums, but tag them with upper-midcard or main event guys. I re-formed Switchblade Conspiracy in one of my modern day WWE games, and in 2 months, Sami Callihan went from an Enhancement Talent with a 22 avg in overness for the US to a upper-midcard guy with low-60's in overness in all regions of the US.

The low popularity mechanic means that they just have to appear on TV and they will gain quite quickly. With child company workers, I tend to borrow them for shows on a regular basis, usually a B show. They can lose to an uppercard talent, or lose as part of a tag or 3v3 match. They still gain. That will only take them so high up the card, but it gets them moved up from very low quite easily.

<p>If you like the more entertainment based products, you can have your raw talent be in storylines without wrestling on your main shows very often. Stick them in a storyline with a main eventer or a really over manager and have them constantly be in 85-100 rated segments</p><p> </p><p>

You can make sense of it storyline-wise with any sort of character. A monster breaks up main eventer matches and destroys them (without either side losing a wrestling match). A weasel is constantly interacting with more over wrestlers. A "vanilla midget" can be constantly picked on by the main event heels. It's easy to just place people into storylines with main eventers to get them over and make them seem (in your head) like a big deal</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses, guys.</p><p> </p><p>

If I understand correctly, there's no good way to get them over in just developmental? You have to use them in storylines/matches on the main roster?</p><p> </p><p>

If I'm taking the real life Kevin Owens debut, I can of course do an angle where he powerbombs John Cena, but there's no way 90+ pop Cena would eat the pin for ~50 pop Owens in his first match.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kapten Röd" data-cite="Kapten Röd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45960" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the responses, guys.<p> </p><p> <strong>If I understand correctly, there's no good way to get them over in just developmental?</strong> You have to use them in storylines/matches on the main roster?</p><p> </p><p> If I'm taking the real life Kevin Owens debut, I can of course do an angle where he powerbombs John Cena, but there's no way 90+ pop Cena would eat the pin for ~50 pop Owens in his first match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It depends on how you want to define "good". They will gain popularity but its a slower process. The main aim of development is to improve them as workers, not get them over. The AI isn't proactive or aggressive or creative like use user can be. It will also only be gain in areas where they are being seen - so it will be in a single region mostly unless you have a WWE Network type broadcaster that is showing you developmental company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kapten Röd" data-cite="Kapten Röd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45960" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the responses, guys.<p> </p><p> If I understand correctly, there's no good way to get them over in just developmental? You have to use them in storylines/matches on the main roster?</p><p> </p><p> If I'm taking the real life Kevin Owens debut, I can of course do an angle where he powerbombs John Cena, but there's no way 90+ pop Cena would eat the pin for ~50 pop Owens in his first match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To use the KO scenario you can do the following things.</p><p> 1. Have your own network</p><p> 2. Be a large company</p><p> 3. Put your "KO" worker in developmental</p><p> 4. Give your developmental brand a TV slot or Event slot on your network</p><p> </p><p> He (and all of your other non-enhancement/opener level dev workers) will gain a lot of pop this way, which is basically what's happened with NXT. </p><p> </p><p> Downside is that you won't be able to control his booking so it's on whoever your booker and owner of your dev territory is.</p><p> </p><p> If that doesn't work you can do a brand split and have your dev territory be a brand instead of an actual company. That way you can control the booking.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45960" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> If that doesn't work you can do a brand split and have your dev territory be a brand instead of an actual company. That way you can control the booking.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So I've pondered doing this with nxt in a real life mod but still leaving nxt to exist as a Dev territory. My question is are the benefits of development in any way disrupted by constantly doing call ups a la the tryout match option for just that week of TV.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="seminoledozer" data-cite="seminoledozer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45960" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I've pondered doing this with nxt in a real life mod but still leaving nxt to exist as a Dev territory. My question is are the benefits of development in any way disrupted by constantly doing call ups a la the tryout match option for just that week of TV.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The main one is that momentum becomes useless at that point (and gimmick ratings and all that jazz). They still improve from being down there, they get even more matches by you booking them, they get tv visibility, etc. It’s just hard to make them a consistent fixture since the nature is always on a borrowing type deal and things reset every show.</p>

If you want to spoil the fun, you could edit data within the save, but another way is to put them in angles rated on overness, have the most popular wrestler with the talent you want to get more over, keep the talent not rated and see the pop grow over time. To make it quicker, put them in tag matches or if you have an upper midcarder you hate or dont have plans for, have the talent bury that superstar, their pop will blow off the roof! I did this with Mojo Rawley and he became a main eventer in a few months. I'm getting started on the 2009 mod now so I'll use the advice others gave in the thread. Hope this helped although I'm sure you found your way by now.

I would say that Finn Bálor is an interesting one. I mean he got over in NXT by being the longest champ there. Then on his main roster debut he beat Owens, Rusev and Cesaro in a match, then Reigns. Then by the end of the month he beat Rollins for the title. So even in real life if wwe want to get someone over they have to sacrifice others along the way.

To answer the question about no good way for them to get as over as Cena [or to a main event style level] while their in developmental -- doesn't that make sense to some degree?

Sure, on some level they will get over slowly but they are a Cult level promotion. Generally speaking, even with great television outlets, a cult level promotion is going to do cult level numbers and their main event guys are going to have cult-level popularity and if you want them to have main event, WWE level popularity you're going to have to use them regularly on WWE TV -- and probably going to have to put them in angles where they get over, or matches where they are 'kept strong' against more popular opponents.

But, in a short answer, your cult-level main eventers are not going to reach the Cena level popularity -- at least not for a long time, because they do not have the exposure that Cena does performing regularly for a much bigger promotion.

Archived