How Do You Make Money?

First, I looked through the forums and figured this wasn't tech support nor did I see it fall into any of the other categories. So I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

But I started my own promotion and signed some wrestlers who are all around $250-$500 PPA contracts. I understand starting out I'm just gonna lose money, but as I grow, how do I start making a profit?

<p>You make money through a variety of ways, pay per view revenue, media, ticket sales, merchandise, and sponsorship being the primary ways (you can also make money off your developmental -- but right now that's a moot point.</p><p> </p><p>

The big key is to watch your first couple of months and try to balance your spending against the money you're taking in and you'll end up making a profit. Depending on the style of company you're running, you'll make different amounts for sponsorship. The bigger your company grows, the more you'll take in from ticket sales, merch, etc...</p><p> </p><p>

You can track your expected costs on the finance page and on the production page (which tells you how much things cost per month).</p>

<p>Thank you for the reply & for your help.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm about a year and a half in and on the news page it says my shows are doing better than most, every month I'm rated first in my area and I've grown in size. I just hold events for about 3 hours to please my roster size. </p><p> </p><p>

Is it better to customize every worker individually for their merch? Main draws having more, the lower cards having less? I went from having about 5 people come out to about 500 now, so should I up the ticket sales? </p><p> </p><p>

Sorry for the questions, I just started with a local custom company with my workers and I'm not really used to it, I'm more used to the bigger companies that are in the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iWriteDiaries" data-cite="iWriteDiaries" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45983" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you for the reply & for your help.<p> </p><p> I'm about a year and a half in and on the news page it says my shows are doing better than most, every month I'm rated first in my area and I've grown in size. I just hold events for about 3 hours to please my roster size. </p><p> </p><p> Is it better to customize every worker individually for their merch? Main draws having more, the lower cards having less? I went from having about 5 people come out to about 500 now, so should I up the ticket sales? </p><p> </p><p> Sorry for the questions, I just started with a local custom company with my workers and I'm not really used to it, I'm more used to the bigger companies that are in the game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never use all of my talent at one show. I put on 1 hour shows, and use 6-8 workers per show, and make sure that I'm not guaranteeing anyone a downside. That way I only pay 6-8 workers per show (I do 1/month).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iWriteDiaries" data-cite="iWriteDiaries" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45983" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you for the reply & for your help.<p> </p><p> I'm about a year and a half in and on the news page it says my shows are doing better than most, every month I'm rated first in my area and I've grown in size. I just hold events for about 3 hours to please my roster size. </p><p> </p><p> Is it better to customize every worker individually for their merch? Main draws having more, the lower cards having less? I went from having about 5 people come out to about 500 now, so should I up the ticket sales? </p><p> </p><p> Sorry for the questions, I just started with a local custom company with my workers and I'm not really used to it, I'm more used to the bigger companies that are in the game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ticket prices are set for you. I calculated it once before and I think tickets are about $18. That's important to know for making money with smaller companies, because you'll need to make sure you're not spending more on each show than you're making. That includes lowering your production values and using workers sparingly if you're having trouble.</p><p> </p><p> If you see that your show is going to draw around 500 people, then you can deduce that at 18 dollars a ticket you'll make $9k on that show. Don't spend more than 9k on that show between production and talent and you'll be golden.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45983" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ticket prices are set for you. I calculated it once before and I think tickets are about $18. That's important to know for making money with smaller companies, because you'll need to make sure you're not spending more on each show than you're making. That includes lowering your production values and using workers sparingly if you're having trouble.<p> </p><p> If you see that your show is going to draw around 500 people, then you can deduce that at 18 dollars a ticket you'll make $9k on that show. Don't spend more than 9k on that show between production and talent and you'll be golden.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you know how long it took me to realize what ticket prices were set at and how helpful it was? I still often over-spend, often on purpose or at least consciously, but it was important for my budgeting to know.</p><p> </p><p> But yes, look at your attendances and make the estimation for how much you're going to bring in from tickets and try to spend that amount and then let your sponsorships and everything come in to be your profit. It's very hard to do when you're small, because you have to use not only cheap workers, but can't use your whole roster on each show (unless you only have like, six people). </p><p> </p><p> When I start a game, I put a lot of points into negotiation, because it allows me to bring guys in for cheaper and then I find the least amount of money it will take for me to sign them and lock them in to that. I'll have guys work double duty. When I'm local or really small, I follow the old Tennessee spot show formula (also used in World Class)</p><p> </p><p> I'll use six workers, have three singles matches and one tag match.</p><p> </p><p> I'll have my main event match be the tag match</p><p> Semi Main is a singles between two competitors</p><p> Match between two of the tag team competitors</p><p> Match between two of the tag team competitors.</p><p> </p><p> This allows me to control spending. If I need to, I'll drop one of the singles matches and run three matches, keeping the tag and the two singles matches between tag competitors -- so that way I'm only paying four workers but getting three matches.</p>

Archived