TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm just worried that it's gonna take ages to create a worker when doing a database. But since Adam himself does the default database, I have faith that he'd notice if this feature was an unnecessary, huge added workload.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think with personalities changing it'll be not too different, hopefully it'll be easier but we'll see what happens.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DissidentBones" data-cite="DissidentBones" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When you apply to be the owner of a company, with a pre-established booker, upon being accepted you override the previous booker, it'd be nice to just be the owner of a company with a booker doing the booking, and you managing the non-booking related aspects.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Idk if this is the place for suggestions or if Adam is even taking them, but i'd love this as well. Just add who you'd like the booker to try and push(like a list of 3-5 wrestlers).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm just worried that it's gonna take ages to create a worker when doing a database. But since Adam himself does the default database, I have faith that he'd notice if this feature was an unnecessary, huge added workload.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It’s been in the WMMA series and it’s actually quite easy if you know what you’re looking for to start. A lot easier than tinkering with attribute or personality sliders.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It’s been in the WMMA series and it’s actually quite easy if you know what you’re looking for to start. A lot easier than tinkering with attribute or personality sliders.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. I think it's going to save a lot of time -- because you also don't have to pick every attribute. You pick two or three that you know they need and then they will develop others throughout.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Idk if this is the place for suggestions or if Adam is even taking them, but i'd love this as well. Just add who you'd like the booker to try and push(like a list of 3-5 wrestlers).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I highly doubt this is going to make it into the TE game. Autobooker is probably about as far as it goes. The game is designed to be a wrestling booking simulator.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I highly doubt this is going to make it into the TE game. Autobooker is probably about as far as it goes. The game is designed to be a wrestling booking simulator.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you’re going to have a owner mode and a booker mode and the only difference is owner goals and becoming fired (two things that should be under player preference settings) I see nothing wrong with the suggestion and it would be a new way to enjoy the game and get more replay value.</p><p> </p><p> Owner mode should be a mode where you hire the head booker.</p>

IMO, I never could get into WMMA games. I'd bought WMMA 3, 4 & I actually bought WMMA 5 twice. I felt it was too slow for me. It was a great game but I always didn't like the waiting. It was jam packed with stuff that I really liked though. The reality shows & the stuff with being able to see the entire history from companies shows was so cool to me. I wish TEW had that kind of stuff, but I could see having the full history of WCW, WWF, NJPW, AJPW & all of the other history could potentially bog the game loading down a ton. Maybe that won't slow the game down, i'm just assuming it would.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you’re going to have a owner mode and a booker mode and the only difference is owner goals and becoming fired (two things that should be under player preference settings) I see nothing wrong with the suggestion and it would be a new way to enjoy the game and get more replay value.<p> </p><p> Owner mode should be a mode where you hire the head booker.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't say I saw anything wrong with the suggestion, I said I don't see it likely as being a suggestion that makes it into the game. In the example you mentioned as being the difference between playing as the owner and booker -- you're right. But they both still require you to book (or to autobook) because at its core the game is a simulator of being a wrestling booker/matchmaker.</p><p> </p><p> Again, I don't see anything wrong with an owner mode and hiring a head booker and getting to see how they do and evaluate their performance and change bookers when you think it is not working. I just don't think it is a likely option. Perhaps my response was too short initally.</p>

<p>Is there going to be a YouTube equivalent broadcaster this time around? MLW and NWA have shown it to be a viable platform for wrestling so it would be cool to see it added in like subscription services were in 2016. It's free to air, but pretty different.</p><p> </p><p>

Of course, I understand it would be hard to implement. There's no barrier of entry, so there would be virtually no requirements to get on. No minimum size or production values at all. And the viewership could be either 10 people or millions. Maybe have the trade-off be that you really don't make any money from advertisers or the network when on YouTube?</p><p> </p><p>

How do real world modders handle MLW broadcasting in 2016?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there going to be a YouTube equivalent broadcaster this time around? MLW and NWA have shown it to be a viable platform for wrestling so it would be cool to see it added in like subscription services were in 2016. It's free to air, but pretty different.<p> </p><p> Of course, I understand it would be hard to implement. There's no barrier of entry, so there would be virtually no requirements to get on. No minimum size or production values at all. And the viewership could be either 10 people or millions. Maybe have the trade-off be that you really don't make any money from advertisers or the network when on YouTube?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would say that it counts as "On Demand Only" brodcaster. Basically...You can set an air time for your show, but the show's viewers can increase steadily until the next show</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there going to be a YouTube equivalent broadcaster this time around? MLW and NWA have shown it to be a viable platform for wrestling so it would be cool to see it added in like subscription services were in 2016. It's free to air, but pretty different.<p> </p><p> Of course, I understand it would be hard to implement. There's no barrier of entry, so there would be virtually no requirements to get on. No minimum size or production values at all. And the viewership could be either 10 people or millions. Maybe have the trade-off be that you really don't make any money from advertisers or the network when on YouTube?</p><p> </p><p> How do real world modders handle MLW broadcasting in 2016?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From the Dev. Journal:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The types of broadcasters have been expanded; there are still Pay-Per-View, Commercial, Free-To-Air, and Subscription, but each of those now has three versions, Terrestrial, Cable, and Internet. So that makes twelve in total. (I'm not sure there's actually such a thing as Terrestrial PPV in reality, but it would actually be more work to take it out, so I've left it in - it might be useful to someone somewhere down the line.)</div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> How do real world modders handle MLW broadcasting in 2016?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can also say that at least in the case of MLW -- it has an actual cable outlet too with BeInSports. But as RingRider pointed out, there are more broadcaster types coming in 2020 and I'm confident that it will simulate YouTube as a viable means of distribution -- though, technically in the game you could distribute your shows on the internet already as opposed to on DVD and you didn't get the money you'd get from DVD but you had higher gains in popularity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I didn't say I saw anything wrong with the suggestion, I said I don't see it likely as being a suggestion that makes it into the game. In the example you mentioned as being the difference between playing as the owner and booker -- you're right. But they both still require you to book (or to autobook) because at its core the game is a simulator of being a wrestling booker/matchmaker.<p> </p><p> Again, I don't see anything wrong with an owner mode and hiring a head booker and getting to see how they do and evaluate their performance and change bookers when you think it is not working. I just don't think it is a likely option. Perhaps my response was too short initally.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don’t think that takes away from the core game as a booking simulator though. As owner you still have last say. Head booker mode would probably be more restrictive than owner mode. Auto booker would probably evolve much more in the future considering it got a decent upgrade for 2020...Heck, auto booker could evolve to where we can delegate things like who to push, job, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They're also the only two that are immediately visible in the worker's attribute list; the others are hidden, meaning that the have an impact but don't actually appear when viewing a worker's profile. The idea behind this is that the player will need to apply some judgement / look for clues to figure out if they're in play. For example, if someone has a "Yes movement" style Groundswell Of Support then you should notice a significant upswing in the ratings that worker is generating and can choose to follow up on that.</div></blockquote>I'm excited by the new attribute system. A couple of questions about these hidden attributes, though:<p> </p><p> 1.) These hidden upturns and downturns -- will they occur purely at random times or will they be based on in-game events? For example, will a worker getting divorced increase the possibility of acquiring Personal Issues or In A Funk? Will an indy darling making a very successful debut on a major company's PPV increase the possibility of Flavour Of The Month? Or will the game simply be rolling dice behind the scenes and every so often someone randomly benefits / suffers?</p><p> </p><p> 2.) While I agree with the rationale behind hiding certain attributes, would it be possible for TEW 2020 to occasionally clue the player in via a randomly-generated internet story? After all, it's hard to imagine a worker receiving a Groundswell Of Support without elements of the wrestling community excitedly talking about it. Likewise, perhaps a random story marking the removal of an attribute? (Ex. "Rich Money has a new spring in his step; relieved friends are saying the personal issues that have plagued the star now seem to be favorably resolved.")</p>

I can also say that at least in the case of MLW -- it has an actual cable outlet too with BeInSports. But as RingRider pointed out, there are more broadcaster types coming in 2020 and I'm confident that it will simulate YouTube as a viable means of distribution -- though, technically in the game you could distribute your shows on the internet already as opposed to on DVD and you didn't get the money you'd get from DVD but you had higher gains in popularity.

It turns out I'm a total idiot lol. I've been playing TEW since like 08 and never noticed that there was an on demand option available for all broadcasters that basically turns them into youtube. I just used it for my broadcast extension and my ratings shot from .09 to .21 in a week!

I'm excited by the new attribute system. A couple of questions about these hidden attributes, though:

1.) These hidden upturns and downturns -- will they occur purely at random times or will they be based on in-game events? For example, will a worker getting divorced increase the possibility of acquiring Personal Issues or In A Funk? Will an indy darling making a very successful debut on a major company's PPV increase the possibility of Flavour Of The Month? Or will the game simply be rolling dice behind the scenes and every so often someone randomly benefits / suffers?

2.) While I agree with the rationale behind hiding certain attributes, would it be possible for TEW 2020 to occasionally clue the player in via a randomly-generated internet story? After all, it's hard to imagine a worker receiving a Groundswell Of Support without elements of the wrestling community excitedly talking about it. Likewise, perhaps a random story marking the removal of an attribute? (Ex. "Rich Money has a new spring in his step; relieved friends are saying the personal issues that have plagued the star now seem to be favorably resolved.")

I feel like a story giving clues to these attributes would would still spoil it. If you see a story about a guy having personal issues, then more than likely you are going to stop using him Atleast in important segments. The crowd getting behind a guy would definitely open up for users to spam said worker.

If stories actually reacted to what is actually going on in the game, I think that would be better. Like a story about how the fans are getting behind a specific wrestler based on the recent amazing grades they have been getting.

I feel like a story giving clues to these attributes would would still spoil it. If you see a story about a guy having personal issues, then more than likely you are going to stop using him Atleast in important segments. The crowd getting behind a guy would definitely open up for users to spam said worker.
I appreciate the concern about spamming.

However, in real life, reports of athletes going through personal issues happen with regularity. In real life, bookers aren't blinded to what's going on in their wrestlers' lives. I'd argue that Rich Money acquiring In A Funk isn't terribly different than Rich Money acquiring a physical injury that hampers his performance. Why would a booker be aware of his sore knee but unaware of his short temper and dark moods?

Instead, this sort of mental/emotional injury presents the player with the same challenge as a physical injury. "This wrestler isn't operating at peak performance. Should I god push him anyway? Or make him more of a role-player until the injury heals?"

Some players (me, at least -- I'll speak for myself) might enjoy the challenge of god pushing a wrestler who's going through a hard time.

If stories actually reacted to what is actually going on in the game, I think that would be better. Like a story about how the fans are getting behind a specific wrestler based on the recent amazing grades they have been getting.
Yes, that would be dope. I've been hoping for that as well.

It doesn't need to be an either/or, mind you -- the internet stories could both clue us in to situations we might otherwise not know about (as they do in 2016) and also react to major positive and negative changes in specific wrestlers' performances.

1.) These hidden upturns and downturns -- will they occur purely at random times or will they be based on in-game events?

It depends on the attribute. Most are linked to one or more events (i.e. you can end up with Personal Issues from a loved one's death, from being cheated on, being divorced, etc, but it's a different probability for each) but there are others that either appear at random, or, appear at random but are only eligible for workers who hit certain criteria.

2.) While I agree with the rationale behind hiding certain attributes, would it be possible for TEW 2020 to occasionally clue the player in via a randomly-generated internet story?

It depends on the attribute. Some are hinted at via stories and in-game text, some aren't. There are also some red herrings to throw people off.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It depends on the attribute. Most are linked to one or more events (i.e. you can end up with Personal Issues from a loved one's death, from being cheated on, being divorced, etc, but it's a different probability for each) but there are others that either appear at random, or, appear at random but are only eligible for workers who hit certain criteria.</div></blockquote>Excellent, very logical, thank you.<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> It depends on the attribute. Some are hinted at via stories and in-game text, some aren't. There are also some red herrings to throw people off.</div></blockquote>Love the red herrings as well.<p> </p><p> Adam, one last thought (and I expect you've already considered it): the new "Talk To Worker" feature might allow us some insight with certain attributes or even the opportunity to effect them. A worker might potentially confide that they are In A Funk, for example, and in the same way we might persuade them to get off drugs, perhaps we could attempt to persuade them to get help/support for their problem. Which might work and might backfire. </p><p> </p><p> And red herrings could play a part. A worker might suggest a hidden positive or negative attribute is in play when really it's not the case.</p><p> </p><p> ("See how the crowd can't get enough of me? It's such a groundswell of support: put the title on me, they'll love it!")</p>

I'd imagine so. There's already a way to do this in 2016 by going to the a Worker Profile -> Match History and filtering by company

Yeah I know but I don't want to have to do that every time I book would be tedious for me personally, Maybe in the roster and booking screens if it said the company record and match history obviously for specifics.