Smokey Mountain Wrestling- The New Partnership

<p>Guys, I apologize, we had some bad weather here the last few days and lost power temporarily, none of which I was prepared for. When we got power back on Saturday I was so sick I didn't want to do anything. </p><p> </p><p>

I will have this card ran tomorrow so if anybody else wants to predict, feel free.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I can't lie, I briefly considered scrapping this dynasty and starting over as the frustrations of losing a storyline for my big shows due to talent working elsewhere, was almost too much. I considered going back to a big company with written contracts but decided against it. I'm going to press on and try to make SMW a Cult company, for better or for worse. I hope you all are enjoying</p>

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p><strong>Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> vs. Thrillseekers</p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

SMW Beat the Champ TV Title Match</p><p>

<strong>Tracy Smothers © </strong>vs. Dirty White Boy</p><p>

Scott Stud vs. <strong>Bull Pain</strong></p><p>

Comments:</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Guys, I apologize, we had some bad weather here the last few days and lost power temporarily, none of which I was prepared for. When we got power back on Saturday I was so sick I didn't want to do anything. <p> </p><p> I will have this card ran tomorrow so if anybody else wants to predict, feel free.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I can't lie, I briefly considered scrapping this dynasty and starting over as the frustrations of losing a storyline for my big shows due to talent working elsewhere, was almost too much. I considered going back to a big company with written contracts but decided against it. I'm going to press on and try to make SMW a Cult company, for better or for worse. I hope you all are enjoying</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't give up! While it can be very disheartening to lose talent/storylines (I just lost my big homegrown babyface in my own diary), the pay off is worth it!</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>SMW TV</strong></p><p><strong> Wednesday, Week 4, July 1994</strong></p><p><strong> Jefferson County Fairgrounds- Jefferson City, TN</strong></p><p><strong> Show Announcers: Bob Caudle and Corey Maclin</strong></p><p><strong> Show Attendance: 2,000</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 1</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The show opens with <strong>BG James</strong> and <strong>Bob Armstrong</strong> in the ring, and BG has the microphone. "My name is Brian James Armstrong. Yes you hard that right, Armstrong. You see, *pointing at Bob*, this here is my daddy. That's right, I'm an Armstrong brother. Now, Funk brothers, we got a problem. You want to attack my daddy 2 on 1 while my brothers are out of the building? That doesn't fly with me. So here's the deal, me and my daddy are gonna whoop your Texas asses at SMW Summer Blast. Me and my daddy versus you two clowns. Cause I'm an Armstrong and I'm damn proud of it!!" (the segment ends with Brian and Bob hugging in the ring). (63)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 2</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our first match of the show was the final match in the 3 team round robin tournament to determine #1 contenders to the SMW Tag Team Titles. It featured <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> taking on <strong>The Thrillseekers</strong>. This was a solid match, with both teams going back and forth. In the end, <em>The Express executed a beautiful Double dropkick and Morton pinned Jericho at the 9:59 mark</em> to give all 3 teams a victory. (59)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 3</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After a quick break, we returned with <strong>Mustapha Saed</strong> heading to the ring. He said the loss of his friend and tag team partner New Jack had really bothered him. He said that he got a call the other day from a young, potential replacement, and after a good conversation, New Jack was out, and this man was in.... <strong>D-Lo Brown</strong> then came to the ring and announced that he would be reforming <strong>The Gangstas</strong> with his new friend Mustapha. He claimed that New Jack was weak and couldn't hack it, but that Mustapha could count on him. He offered a challenge to those "white, southern, redneck hicks" <strong>The Armstrong Brothers</strong>. "Mustapha can take care of hick Scott, and I'll take care of hick Steve, and we'll do it at SMW Summer Blast." (46)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 4</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As <strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> got ready for his match, he was approached by <strong>Dirty White Girl</strong> who said that she would not be accompanying him to the ring tonight, that she needed time to think. This naturally bothered the DWB. "Look, woman! You're mine, and you need to be at ringside with me. I demand it." After some intense arguing, DWG walked off, leaving DWB stunned. (59)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 5</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Already at a disadvantage, <strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> headed to the ring to challenge for the <span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW Beat the Champ Television Title Match</span> against the <strong>SMW Television Champion Tracy Smothers</strong>. DWB was able to stay in it, but it was clear he was off his game due to the recent troubles with his squeeze and manager DWG. The mental aspect was too much to overcome, as <em>Smothers hit DWB with a Jaw Jacker at the 10:17 mark to pin him</em>, making successful defense #4 of the SMW Television Title. (50)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 6</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As soon as the SMW TV Title Match was over, the scene rushed backstage where <strong>Jim Cornette</strong> was in a panic. "What the hell is going on? How did you let him get in the building? You idiots!!" The camera then panned to a knocked out <strong>Chris Jericho</strong>, and then zoomed in to a sign on Jericho's back. "Cornette, you want to continue trying to cut the head off of this snake? I told you that I would destroy anybody and everybody if you didn't tell me who my next opponent was. Don't cut the head off a snake." Cornette, clearly exasperated, could only blubber out the words "Roberts, you're done! SMW Summer Blast will be your last match in SMW. I have a guy that is going to take you out for good. You wanna know who he is? Well that's too bad. All you get to know is that he is not on the SMW roster, and I'm borrowing him from a good friend. He is going to end your miserable time here." (62)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 7</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was time for the SMW TV Main Event of the evening, as <strong>Scott Stud</strong> went up against <strong>Bull Pain</strong>. This match had great heat and decent wrestling, but too many factors made it a bad choice for the main event. As for the match itself, Stud was in control, getting ready to finish off Bull Pain, when a voice rang out. "Stud, this is your fault, you cost me my woman. This is your fault. You and me Stud, you and me, we're gonna fight." The camera turned to see Dirty White Boy at the entrance ramp. DWB did what he wanted to do, distracting Stud. When he turned around, he was met to a big boot to the stomach by Bull Pain, <em>followed by a powerbomb as Pain pinned Stud at the 15:29 mark</em>. DWB stood on the ramp laughing as the show went off the air. (45)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Final Show Rating: 53</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Thoughts from the Prodigy</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Well once again, it was the main event match that let me down. Of the 3 matches, Scott Stud and Bull Pain got the lowest rating. This is really hurting me, because the show increased popularity in 1 region, but hurt it in the Southeast. I've got to put on a really, really good show at SMW Summer Blast. It's got to have at least a 60 rating. The good thing is I furthered a couple storylines and really did a good job of hyping up a few matches for the show. I continue to be pleased with our fans, who continue to say the shows are doing really well, so that's good. But if I'm going to make SMW a Cult company where I have a little freedom and maybe sign guys to written contracts (I think I can do that as a cult company), then I've got to get more consistent. Still living and learning.</p>

<p>Good show leading up to your monthly event. You need to slow the desire to be cult though. The cash drain will kill ya, so you want to build up cash slowly to make that jump.</p><p> </p><p>

Like Historian said, don’t get discouraged if something happens or doesn’t go as planned. Sometimes that is half the fun. As Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge you have to “improvise, adapt and overcome”</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Theheel" data-cite="Theheel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good show leading up to your monthly event. You need to slow the desire to be cult though. The cash drain will kill ya, so you want to build up cash slowly to make that jump.<p> </p><p> Like Historian said, don’t get discouraged if something happens or doesn’t go as planned. Sometimes that is half the fun. As Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge you have to “improvise, adapt and overcome”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's a little fun fact that everyone forgets mainly because the desire to make sure you get your guys before WWE or WCW do is that Written deals are usually 6x what their PPA is. Meaning you need to run 6 shows before you break even, especially the cheap ones since the min. they work for is $1500 on a written deal vs 300. You don't use everyone on the roster as is so it would start hurting you a lot on top of the huge Misc. expenditure hit you take by jumping to Cult. Now, you could get a 2nd TV show at Cult so you could run 9 shows per month to balance the written costs out and make more money, but 9 shows in a region tends to burn the region out (I think 8 is the limit but I might be wrong on that).</p><p> </p><p> Also, double-check what you set your alliance settings to and it isn't limited to Regional and below.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW Summer Blast 1994 Preview</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-- Towards the end of this weeks show, we saw <strong>Jake Roberts</strong> claim another victim, as he took out <strong>Chris Jericho</strong>. Because of this, SMW General Manager <strong>Jim Cornette</strong> has announced that since Jericho is out, <strong>the Thrillseekers</strong> will not be able to participate at SMW Summer Blast, even though they won a match in the 3 way round robin. Because of that, <strong>SMW Tag Team Champions Brian Lee and Chris Candido</strong> will defend against <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong> and <strong>Well Dunn</strong> in a 3 team elimination match for the SMW Tag Team Titles.</p><p> </p><p>

-- The attacks laid out by Roberts have come because Cornette has refused to give in to Roberts and announce who his next SMW Title defense will be against. We know that "the Snake" will defend his SMW Title at SMW Summer Blast 1994, but we have no idea against who. The only clues that Cornette has given us are that Roberts' opponent will be a seasoned veteran of the business, that he has worked in both WWF and NWA/WCW, and he has worked with some of the greatest managers in the business. Who will it be?</p><p> </p><p>

-- The feud between <strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> and <strong>Scott Stud</strong> over the affections of <strong>Dirty White Girl</strong> have led to backstage brawls as well as interference in each others matches. Cornette has decided these 2 just need to get it out of their system and has ordered DWB and Stud into a Street Fight at SMW Summer Blast.</p><p> </p><p>

-- With New Jack leaving the company, <strong>Mustafa Saed</strong> has brought in young <strong>D-Lo Brown</strong> to take New Jack's place. They are now calling themselves <strong>The New OGs</strong> and have challenged the southern tag team of <strong>Scott and Steve Armstrong</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

-- A war has started between the Funks and the Armstrongs, and <strong>Terry and Dory Funk Jr.</strong> will do battle in an explosive tag team match against <strong>Bullet Bob Armstrong</strong> and his other son <strong>Brian James Armstrong</strong> in what should be a heck of a match.</p><p> </p><p>

-- It is rumored that there will also be a 10 man battle royale to determine the next opponent for <strong>SMW Beat The Champ Television Champ Tracy Smothers</strong> in what will be his 5th defense on next weeks SMW TV. That has not been confirmed.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Card</span></p><p> </p><p>

SMW Title Match</p><p>

Jake Roberts © vs. ?????</p><p>

Who is the Mystery Opponent:</p><p>

SMW Tag Title 3 Team Elimination Match</p><p>

Brian Lee and Chris Candido © vs. Well Dunn vs. Rock 'n' Roll Express</p><p>

Street Fight</p><p>

Dirty White Boy vs. Scott Stud</p><p>

The New OGs vs. Scott and Steve Armstrong</p><p>

Terry and Dory Funk Jr. vs. Bob and Brian James Armstrong</p><p>

Diary Comments:</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Theheel" data-cite="Theheel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good show leading up to your monthly event. You need to slow the desire to be cult though. The cash drain will kill ya, so you want to build up cash slowly to make that jump.<p> </p><p> Like Historian said, don’t get discouraged if something happens or doesn’t go as planned. Sometimes that is half the fun. As Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge you have to “improvise, adapt and overcome”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the comments, good point about the cash. I mean I could always "cheat" and add cash whenever I want, but I'm trying to play the game as long as possible without doing that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's a little fun fact that everyone forgets mainly because the desire to make sure you get your guys before WWE or WCW do is that Written deals are usually 6x what their PPA is. Meaning you need to run 6 shows before you break even, especially the cheap ones since the min. they work for is $1500 on a written deal vs 300. You don't use everyone on the roster as is so it would start hurting you a lot on top of the huge Misc. expenditure hit you take by jumping to Cult. Now, you could get a 2nd TV show at Cult so you could run 9 shows per month to balance the written costs out and make more money, but 9 shows in a region tends to burn the region out (I think 8 is the limit but I might be wrong on that).<p> </p><p> Also, double-check what you set your alliance settings to and it isn't limited to Regional and below.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's definitely something to think about. The biggest reason I want cult is because if I recall, I believe you can start signing wrestlers to written contracts as a Cult promotion, which would make more wrestlers available on more days. But yea, I think I can hang with regional for a while. With the alliance, I seem to do a good job building cash up, although as you mentioned earlier, with so much of my main event talents wanting $2,000 and $3,000 a show, the money drains quicker than the alliance can add to it.</p>

<p>I plan on running this show on Wednesday, so you have about 48 hours to get your picks in.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I am strongly considering getting rid of the face/heel divide. This would give me more freedom for the SMW TV title matches, and pretty much anybody could face anybody at any time without those stupid face/face or heel/heel penalties. Thoughts from the veteran players?</p>

<p>Match Card</p><p> </p><p>

SMW Title Match</p><p>

<strong>Jake Roberts</strong> © vs. ?????</p><p>

Who is the Mystery Opponent:</p><p>

Comments: <strong>The opponent could be a lot of different folks, but if they have worked both WCW/NWA and WWF. I’m going throw out the name of Greg “the Hammer” Valentine. My 2nd choice since this is a Tennessee company is Honky Tonk Man </strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brian Lee and Chris Candido © vs. Well Dunn vs. <strong>Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong></p><p>

Comments:<strong>I think we change the title so both Prime Time and Candido can work for the singles belt</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Street Fight</p><p>

<strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> vs. Scott Stud</p><p>

<strong>The New OGs </strong>vs. Scott and Steve Armstrong</p><p>

<strong>Terry and Dory Funk Jr.</strong> vs. Bob and Brian James Armstrong</p><p>

Comments:</p>

<p>SMW Title Match</p><p>

Jake Roberts © vs. <strong>?????</strong></p><p>

Who is the Mystery Opponent: Jerry Lawler</p><p>

Comments: Maybe you could borrow him from WWF for the night. Lawler wins by DQ or CO or just wins the belt because he is the greatest ever in that area.</p><p> </p><p>

Brian Lee and Chris Candido © vs. Well Dunn vs. <strong>Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>Comments: Feel that the Rock n Roll pick up the victory and Lee and Candido move on to better things besides the tag belts.</p><p> </p><p>

Street Fight</p><p>

<strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> vs. Scott Stud</p><p>

Comments: Dirty White Boy ready to get some revenge.</p><p> </p><p>

The New OGs vs. <strong>Scott and Steve Armstrong</strong></p><p>

Comments: The Armstrongs pick up a victory since it's a big show.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Terry and Dory Funk Jr.</strong> vs. Bob and Brian James Armstrong</p><p>

Comments: Thinking BJ Armstrong turns on Bob or takes the loss.</p><p> </p><p>

Diary Comments: Keep up the good work. Don't try to expand above your means. Growing takes money and you don't want Written deals right now. Let's say you have some guys who are working for bigger companies. They are more valuable to you because they are getting experience and popularity gains being on their TV and Events. Then when they come to you they should perform better. I would like to know more about your alliance and if it includes WWF you should be borrowing some guys to put against yours to help them improve and put on great matches. I ran a Florida company with Mike Graham who would score around 50 to 60 match ratings, but I had Ric Flair come down and defend the NWA World Title and it was a 90 rated match and brought the show up to an 82. Imagine brining in some of their main guys even if it's one and you spend a few Ks on them it's worth it to have a great show and win those regional battles which give you more pop and attendance boosts which in turn earns you more money. Another reason to not jump in with Written deals is because if anybody wants them offers will start flying in and yours won't win unless you up the ante. I had Mysterio in a current RW Impact save. He made 2200 a show and worked 5 times a month. After hitting Cult I decided to lock him up and now I owe him 29,000 a month for 3 years plus wage matching and 10% events. I probably could have kept him as a pay per appearance deal for several more months and saved a ton of money.</p>

Just wanted to give everybody an update, I was in the hospital with some fairly serious medical issues over the weekend and couldn't do much. I'm home and recovering, but still can't do much. I hope to resume this project either this weekend or early next week. Thanks for your patience.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just wanted to give everybody an update, I was in the hospital with some fairly serious medical issues over the weekend and couldn't do much. I'm home and recovering, but still can't do much. I hope to resume this project either this weekend or early next week. Thanks for your patience.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The most important thing is to get better, we will all be here when you are well enough to come back.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Good news everyone, this dynasty will resume very soon! I thought about scrapping it and starting over but I've done that way too much and it's time to prove I can stick with a dynasty. </p><p> </p><p>

I hope I still have some followers when I get back. I should be running the next card on Tuesday</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good news everyone, this dynasty will resume very soon! I thought about scrapping it and starting over but I've done that way too much and it's time to prove I can stick with a dynasty. <p> </p><p> I hope I still have some followers when I get back. I should be running the next card on Tuesday</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cool I was hoping you would stick with it. Just have fun and if something doesn’t work the way you hoped just have fun and try to adjust around.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry again guys, I had to go out of town for the weekend, didn't get the card ran. But, the good news is I'm done with classes for the semester, I don't currently have a job, and I'll have lots more free time (as long as my health stays under control). I will definitely be running SMW Summer Blast on Monday, no doubt about it. Thanks again for your patience.

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>SMW Summer Blast</strong></p><p><strong> Saturday, Week 4, July 1994</strong></p><p><strong> Knoxville Civic Coliseum- Knoxville, TN</strong></p><p><strong> Show Announcers (DVD Purposes as Show isn't Broadcast): Bob Caudle and Corey Maclin</strong></p><p><strong> Show Attendance: 4,128</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 1</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The first big show under The Prodigy era started off with an exciting battle between <strong>Scott and Steve Armstrong</strong> taking on <strong>The New OG's (Mustafa and D'Lo)</strong>. This was a very solid match, getting the event off to a hot start. The New OG's showed great teamwork, keeping the Armstrongs at bay, but in the end, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Steve hit Mustapha with a Missile Dropkick to get the win for the Armstrong brothers at the 12:22 mark!</span> (56)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 2</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After the match, 2 masked men jumped over the guardrail and absolutely brutalized the Armstrong brothers, knocking them out with what looked to be flapjacks, and completely bloodying them before security could get out to break it up. Both Steve and Scott were taken out on stretchers. (71)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 3</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was time for the Street Fight between <strong>Dirty White Boy</strong> and <strong>Scott Stud</strong>. To the surprise of many, Stud dominated the Street Fight early on, which was more suited for DWB. Both men brutalized each other in a wild affair, but the match took a turn when <strong>Dirty White Girl</strong> came out to ringside. Unfortunately, she tried to get right in the middle of the 2 men at the worst time, taking a punch from both of them at the same time, knocking her unconscious. While DWB and Stud continued to brawl all the way to the back, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">the match officially became a no-contest</span> as backstage attendants checked on DWG. (44)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 4</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>SMW Beat the Champ TV Champ <strong>Tracy Smothers</strong> came down to ringside to join Bob Caudle and Corey Maclin on commentary for the next match. (48)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 5</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our next match on SMW Summer Blast would be a 10 man Over the Top Battle Royale, with the winner getting the next shot at Smothers on next weeks edition of SMW TV. The competitors included <strong>Anthony Michaels</strong>, <strong>Bruiser Bedlam</strong>, <strong>Bobby Blaze</strong>, <strong>Bull Pain</strong>, <strong>Chris Hamrick</strong>, <strong>Kendo the Samurai</strong>, <strong>Lance Storm</strong>, <strong>The Executioner</strong>, and a surprise entrant <strong>Violent J</strong>. Michaels and Violent J were quickly eliminated by Bull Pain, followed by Michaels, Skyfire, and Hamrick. Then went Bedlam. 4 of the 6 were eliminated by Pain, who was dominating. The final four were Pain, Storm, Executioner, and Blaze. Storm quickly took care of Blaze while Pain got rid of the Executioner, leaving just 2.<p> </p><p> Pain used his power to dominated Storm, but just couldn't quite get him over the top. Finally, Pain had become enraged as he backed up, charged Storm.... <span style="text-decoration:underline;">but Storm ducked, and Pains momentum carried him over the top as Storm won the battle royale and will face Smothers next week on SMW TV!</span> (52)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 6</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Our next match was a triple threat elimination match for the <span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW Tag Team Titles</span> between the champs <strong>Chris Candido and Brian Lee w/Tammy Lynn Sytch</strong>, <strong>Well Dunn</strong>, and the <strong>Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong>. Well Dunn were clearly overmatched by the other 2 teams and quickly eliminated, leaving just Lee and Candido against the R 'n' R's. No strangers to each other, these 2 teams battled. The power of Lee was just too much for Morton and Gibson to overcome, as <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lee was able to pin Morton at the 18:06 mark</span> as Lee and Candido made defense #1 of the titles.</div></blockquote> (60)<p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 7</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The co-main event saw <strong>Brian James Armstrong and Bob Armstrong</strong> taking on <strong>Terry Funk and Dory Funk, Jr</strong>. These 2 brawled, with a lot of heat in this match. Bob did a great job protecting his son Brian James in this one, and they were getting the better of the Funk Brothers. Then all hell broke loose. The same 2 masked men from earlier again came to the ring, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">hitting Bob and Brian James from behind, causing a disqualification and giving the Armstrongs the win</span>. (67)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 8</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After the match, the masked men continued to brutalize Bob and Brian James Armstrong, when the Funk Brothers joined in. After tossing the Armstrongs outside, the 2 masked men unmasked, revealing themselves as..... <strong>Dirty Dick Slater</strong> and <strong>Jimmy Jack Funk</strong>! The sides were now even at 4 and 4, as the Funk Family and Slater hugged and celebrated in the ring. (59)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 9</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46171" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Jake Roberts</strong> made his way to the ring, calling out <strong>Jim Cornette</strong>. "It's time for my match, and yet I still have not seen an opponent. Cornette, get your ass out here!" Cornette came out. "Roberts, you smug son of a bitch! You really think I'd let your mystery opponent be seen? I'm smarter than that and you know it. I told you I had the guy to take your miserable ass out of this company, and I'm about to bring him out now! (67)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 10</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> As Roberts waited, very impatiently, a man came out from behind the curtains. A man that, as Cornette had said, worked with some of the best managers in the business. The smile on Roberts' face quickly turned into a glare when he saw who he would be facing in this <span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW Title Match</span>. The mystery man?? None other than (Drumroll please!)….. <strong>Tully Blanchard</strong>! </p><p> </p><p> As expected, this was a classic match with neither man getting a big advantage. The veteran Blanchard made a big mistake though. Late in the match, with both men starting to wear down, Blanchard whipped Roberts off the Roberts and lowered his head. The smile on the Snake's face could be seen a mile away, as <span style="text-decoration:underline;">he stopped, grabbed Blanchard around the head, and delivered an impactful DDT that could be felt all the way in Nashville!</span> 3 seconds later, the match was over, and Roberts had made his first defense of the SMW Title. As the event ended, Roberts was asking Cornette "Is that the best you got?" while Cornette's face was as red as a tomato! (62)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Final Show Rating: 63</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Thoughts from the Prodigy</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> I could not be more happy than I am right now. What a show and everything went exactly as planned. Every single storyline progressed and increased in rating, and I was able to debut 2 new members to the company (Jimmy Jack Funk and Dick Slater). I praised both Roberts and Morton, who had not been in the best of morales coming into this, and both were pleased. I also pointed out Bull Pain as an example. Bull was not happy at the booking of the Battle Royale, but went out and worked it anyways. He was also pleased with my praise. And the best, and most encouraging news of the night, the man that everyone was so worried about showing up not in condition to work, showed up and was in great condition (Roberts). No signs of drugs or alcohol, no complaints. I can't be more happy about that, as I am in the midst of offering him a new contract.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">July 1994, Week 4, News and Notes</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-- The Southeast Wrestling Alliance has expanded, and Alliance Founder The Prodigy will have to find a new name as new companies added include: AAA, Border City Wrestling, Southern States Wrestling, Universal Wrestling Association, and World Wrestling Council. Some regional and maybe even a cult company in there, as the Prodigy is looking to firm up that pocketbook any way he can. The results have been massive already, as SMW had around $30,000 after SMW Summer Blast. Going into the August 1994, Week 1, 1994 TV Taping of SMW TV, SMW now has $143,000 available to them. This makes the Prodigy happy as he can now sign some even bigger names if he desires.</p><p> </p><p>

-- It's being reported that Brian Lee and Ricky Morton are now enemies in the SMW Locker room. Things have gotten heated more than once. I have a feeling we've seen our last match involving those 2 tag teams.</p><p> </p><p>

-- Terry Funk has taken Steve Skyfire under his wing and will be mentoring him.</p><p> </p><p>

-- SMW TV got a 0.04 rating last week. Pretty respectable</p><p> </p><p>

-- Jake "The Snake" Roberts has been signed to a new contract, good for just 6 months at $3,500 an appearance. It's expected that the Snake will be defending his SMW Title again soon.</p><p> </p><p>

-- The Prodigy is trying to decide how many big events to have. Right now he has it set at 1 every other month, but would really like his SMW Champion to defend the title more than once every month. He is considering adding a show every month, but not sure.</p><p> </p><p>

-- The Prodigy has made a change in the product, getting rid of the face/heel divide. When asked about this change, SMW Advisor Jim Cornette would only say "Look at the results so far. You gonna question him? I'm not." The Prodigy had this to say "Look, I know it's odd, untraditional, but let's face it, fans are gonna cheer for who they want and boo who they want anyways, and this sets up so many other great matches without possibility of a ratings penalty. As far as I'm concerned, it's a great thing."</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">SMW TV (August 1994, Week 1) Preview</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-- <strong>SMW Beat the Champ TV Champ Tracy Smothers</strong> takes on <strong>Lance Storm</strong> in his 5th, and likely final, title defense. Storm earned the opportunity to face Smothers by winning the 10 man battle royale at SMW Summer Blast.</p><p> </p><p>

-- Storm's Thrillseeker partner, <strong>Chris Jericho</strong>, back to 100%, will take on <strong>Bobby Blaze</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

-- We will hear from <strong>Dirty Dick Slater</strong> and <strong>Jimmy Jack Funk</strong> regarding their actions at SMW Summer Blast.</p><p> </p><p>

-- We will also get an updated on all 4 members of the <strong>Armstrong family</strong>, none of which will be seen on SMW TV for a while as they are nursing injuries.</p><p> </p><p>

-- <strong>Bull Pain</strong> is not a happy camper, falling short in the 10 man Battle Royale at SMW Summer Blast. He will look to take out his aggression on <strong>Chris Hamrick</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

-- Our main event of this weeks edition of SMW TV will feature <strong>The New OG's</strong> taking on <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Card</span></p><p> </p><p>

SMW Beat the Champ TV Title Match</p><p>

Tracy Smothers © vs. Lance Storm</p><p>

Chris Jericho vs. Bobby Blaze</p><p>

Bull Pain vs. Chris Hamrick</p><p>

The New OG's vs. The Rock 'n' Roll Express</p><p>

I am looking to run this card as early as tomorrow, but definitely by Thursday for sure, so get those predictions in!</p>

<p>I am interested in hearing any thoughts or comments on both SMW Summer Blast, as well as my alliance which now includes companies from all over America. I'm also interesting in hearing if you think I should run a big event every month, or every 2 months.</p><p> </p><p>

I will have the next SMW TV show up on Friday, to give people a few extra hours to get their predictions in. Thanks for reading.</p>

<p>SMW Beat the Champ TV Title Match</p><p>

<strong>Tracy Smothers</strong> © vs. Lance Storm</p><p>

Comments:<strong>I think Smothers gets the win and then gets his shot at the title</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chris Jericho</strong> vs. Bobby Blaze</p><p>

Comments:<strong>Bobby is enhancement, Jericho gets the win and looks to do bigger and better things</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bull Pain</strong> vs. Chris Hamrick</p><p>

The New OG's vs. <strong>The Rock 'n' Roll Express</strong></p><p>

Comments:<strong>Not a big baby face fan but they two were great albeit past their prime. The Express lost the title match so I’m probably picking the wrong team, but nostalgia rules</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>As far as the alliance and the ever expanding group, I understand why you have it set the way you do, it’s a money thing. I’d probably downplay the money grab side of it and explore what you can do with it in the ring. </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

As far as shows I’d probably do a monthly show of some kind, whether it’s a super house show (or a clash of champions type event) but use it to build to your every other month big show. So 6 ppv quality events and 6 2nd tier events that hopefully bring in money, up your pop etc. The NWA clashes were basically used (besides tv ratings for WTBS) as a way to advance things and set things for the bigger ppv type event.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

I’m a big believer in the main title being defended every 30 days (I’m old school) and since your not just running a month show but have weekly tv shows I’d have the title defended at least once a month even if it’s against a mid card guy or lower mid card that isn’t going to win. Especially with a heel champion. Bring in someone from one of the alliance members to challenge on a tv show. Not too often but if on your monthly event you want the champ in a tag match, then your still defending the title once a month.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

Archived