The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/10/18/aew-chris-jericho-new-contract-expiration-date

“We’ll have great news soon about Ring of Honor weekly shows,” Khan says. “The success of Death Before Dishonor on pay-per-view has ensured there will be more Ring of Honor pay-per-views.

“Our goal is to have one more great pay-per-view for Ring of Honor in 2022 and then follow that up with a weekly show in 2023.”

- Punk, Owens & Rollins shown multiple times.
- Best Friends vs Death Triangle (c) was very good.
- Shida vs Storm (c) was very good. Hyped for Hayter/Riho. Toni has a new best friend lol.
- An FTR & Swerve in Our Glory feud sounds fun. Bah gawd, Darby's broken in half.
- MJF & Regal getting real. Contender for best promo segment of the year.
- Renee was a top signing. Danielson disappointing YUTA.
- Dalton vs Jericho (c) was very good. Dalton with the PPV entrance. Fun stuff with Hager's hat. Jericho winning clean only to attack Riccaboni & Lynn was perfect.
- TBS Champion Jade threatening to hijack Rampage on TNT.
- Hangman vs Mox (c) was in MOTN territory before the unfortunate injury. Kudos for playing it safe with Page and pulling off the final segment so the show had a proper ending.FfZ6qiKXwAAQcIe?format=jpg&name=small

- Varsity Athletes vs Acclaimed (c) was solid.
- Shame Penelope is injured. Eddie intervention lol.
- Daviari vs HOOK (c) was OK.
- Stoke relegating Hardy to Dark lol.
- Grey vs Willow was solid. Willow is All Elite! Nyla lol.
- Cassidy trying to Henry's job lol. Danhausen & -1!
- RUSH vs Vance vs Cassidy (c) was my MOTN.

Skippable show except for the main event.

- Jericho & Garcia vs Claudio & YUTA was very good. Danielson's frustrated. Jericho's angry. I hope they don't drag the JAS/BCC feud out until it gets stale.
- Thanos Khan Snapped the Elite.
- Swerve in Our Glory vs FTR was my MOTN. Shock result. Fatal Fourway at Full Gear?
- Renee keeping the peace backstage. MJF interview was great.
- Sammy vs Danielson was great.
- Cassidy willing to fight anybody who opens their mouth.
- Riho vs Hayter was great. Toni!
- Leave Eddie alone. I'm ready for Darby to be done with Lethal. I wonder who the old friend is.
- Penta vs Mox (c) was very good. No blood 😮 The Firm don't care about MJF. Ethan Page the real main event.

While I'm assuming The Firm are still going to help MJF win the title in the near future, similar to how Bully Ray had to take some hits for the team during hte Aces and Eights storylne in Impact years ago..... I also really want to see The Firm just be going into business for themselves as a way to push Ethan Page is a top guy, cos he's great and deserves more chances to shine :)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Derek B said:

While I'm assuming The Firm are still going to help MJF win the title in the near future, similar to how Bully Ray had to take some hits for the team during hte Aces and Eights storylne in Impact years ago..... I also really want to see The Firm just be going into business for themselves as a way to push Ethan Page is a top guy, cos he's great and deserves more chances to shine :)

It made me very happy that commentary seemed to be focusing on Page during that segment, almost portraying him as the main guy in the faction. They were also focusing on Morrissey, of course, but you can't really not talk about the 7' monster in the room.

Anyway, PUSH ETHAN PAGE! That is all.

• Like 1

Not crazy about Jade/ Shafir 2 next week. Their first match was passable, but neither one is interesting enough on their own to really merit a rematch. This will almost be entirely carried by the Nyla storyline, who deserves an Emmy or something for actually making something involving Cargill interesting.

And while I admit to being critical of Cargill, at least she's not Rousey.

• Like 1

- Daddy Magic vs Mox was solid. Stoke spitting. About time Moriarty got the spotlight.

- Lee vs Serp was a waste of time. Billy being tortured was an interesting... swerve.

- Tay vs Rayne was solid. Should have put Abadon in this match.

- More Ego please.

- Taven vs Wardlow (c) was my MOTN. Joe! Hobbs! Embassy!

Sammy Guevara did a backflip and landed on his feet out of a Super Back Suplex and got zero reaction. 😅

"It's not every week you get a World Championship match on Dynamite" said one of the commentators. Uhh, at the moment, you do get one pretty much every week lol.

Edited by Mootinie
  • Haha 1

Taven is the worst. I don't think any worker in modern times makes me check out of a wrestling program as fast as Taven does. 

I'm not saying he's the worst worker, because he's not, just that he has zero likability and is nowhere near charismatic enough to be an effective cocky heel. He's the epitome of mundane. 

Maybe it was just Delirious's garbage booking and Taven can shine in AEW, but I doubt it. 

It should also be noted that Jarrett is very well regarded by those in the business concerning the development of talent. If they have him working as a producer or agent for, say, Dark, that would be a huge boon to them.

Overall, not the strongest episode of Dynamite, but enjoyable enough.