The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

13 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

And remember,  Swerve eliminated Big Bill from the one battle royal, to Cage's disapproval. 

Cage doesn't even seem to fit with the Mogul Embassy. Kaun, Toa, AR Fox, Nana, and Swerve definitely fit together, but Cage seems like he sticks out style wise and looks wise. 

That said, Cage's Sting tributes have been awesome. 

Worried a bit about the build for AEW All Out. (Usually), that's AEW's biggest show of the year, but there aren't any marquee matches confirmed for the card yet about two weeks out.

Tony has built some hot feuds over the last few weeks. For a headliner, there are several great options out there: MJF vs. Punk, Punk vs. Joe 3 and Punk vs. Starks 3 will all be money matches. 

But the rest of the card does concern me a bit. 

I do think we could have Sammy vs. Jericho or a Bullet Club Gold vs. Elite match, but those have yet to be announced.

5 hours ago, aXminster said:

Too many enhancement matches. But let me just say two things:

1 - Bullet Club Gold might be my favorite act in wrestling right now.
2 - Hobbs is freaking RIPPED! They shouldn't have split Team Taz.

I hope we get to see David Finlay at All In. His appearance there would make Bullet Club Gold even better, whoevers side David ends up taking. 

Even if it's just a crowd shot with the announcers acknowledging his leadership in (New Japan) Bullet Club, Finlay would be a plus.

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker

15 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

I hope we get to see David Finlay at All In. His appearance there would make Bullet Club Gold even better, whoevers side David ends up taking. 

Even if it's just a crowd shot with the announcers acknowledging his leadership in (New Japan) Bullet Club, Finlay would be a plus.

I've loved Finlay since his young lion days. Super glad he's been such a success 

• Like 1

Just watched last night's Dynamite. Pretty good go-home show. I love the sitdown interviews throughout the show. The first three matches were fun, skipped the last two.

Really good to see PnP back but it's weird that they didn't interact in any way. Maybe there's still beef between Santana and Ortiz and All In was just too good of an opportunity to pass for both guys.
Ospreay hinting about his contract coming up... Would love to see him in AEW full-time but I don't think it's happening.
Christian is just on another level right now. Going for another dead father LMAO This is the best work I've seen from his entire career.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, aXminster said:

Christian is just on another level right now. Going for another dead father LMAO This is the best work I've seen from his entire career.

Did you see his TNA run? Dude was on another level, but sadly it wasn't seen by nearly enough people. Same with Angle's TNA run. 

Christian is killing it though. He's such a glorious tool. 

Also, very strange they moved the FTW title retirement from Dynamite to Collision. I read it might have been because of Terry Funk's passing?

23 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Did you see his TNA run? Dude was on another level, but sadly it wasn't seen by nearly enough people. Same with Angle's TNA run. 

Nope, didn't even watch wrestling back then. Still didn't have the time to watch ever since TNA uploaded some of their archive.

5 minutes ago, aXminster said:

Nope, didn't even watch wrestling back then. Still didn't have the time to watch ever since TNA uploaded some of their archive.

Man, if you ever do get the time, there's some real good stuff scattered through the first decade of TNA. Not always the best shows top to bottom, but the X-Division, tag divisions, and the Knockouts were almost always reliable. At one point I'd argue they had the best women's roster in history. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Man, if you ever do get the time, there's some real good stuff scattered through the first decade of TNA. Not always the best shows top to bottom, but the X-Division, tag divisions, and the Knockouts were almost always reliable. At one point I'd argue they had the best women's roster in history. 

Absolutely agree. The women's division has always been one of TNA's strongest areas. It's funny, but when WWE was touting the "Women's Revolution", a lot of what they were doing is stuff that TNA had already been doing years prior.

And regarding other things, it's nearly 20 years old at this point, but the Triple Threat match between AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe is STILL regarded by pretty much everyone as the best match in company history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

Absolutely agree. The women's division has always been one of TNA's strongest areas. It's funny, but when WWE was touting the "Women's Revolution", a lot of what they were doing is stuff that TNA had already been doing years prior.

And regarding other things, it's nearly 20 years old at this point, but the Triple Threat match between AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe is STILL regarded by pretty much everyone as the best match in company history.

I'd even argue that the Unbreakable Triple Threat might be the best triple threat match ever. Or at least in the running. It was damn near perfect. 

- The Elite vs BCG was fun. Juice dropping Knox 😮

- Great promo from MJF.

- Mox vs Fenix was great. Santana & Ortiz!

- Jericho doesn't deserve Sammy's friendship. Don made the right choice. Ospreay on fire, bruv. Great contract signing.

- Setting up Cole's turn perfectly.

- Darby & Wayne vs Swerve & Fox was great. Huge win for Wayne. Swerve kicking out Fox 😮 Merging storylines. Christian is shameless lol.

- Bucks/FTR interview was very civil compared to the contract signing.

- Ruby vs Blue was good. There better be a 2nd women's match at All Out even if it's on the pre-show.

- Cute Kip is back for Wembley.

- Hardys vs Aussie Open (c) was solid. Overrun brawl!

Hype go-home show. RIP Windham Rotunda & Terry Funk.

- FTW funeral lol. Hook to the rescue. Shame Taz wasn't there.
- Cassidy, Penta & Lucha Bros vs Kip, Butcher & Blade was solid. Eddie on the warpath.
- Dark Order vs Darius & Andretti was solid.
- Fox in the doghouse with Wayne. First Acclaimed video in a long time.
- Women's 4-Way hype. TBS title match should have been on All In as well.
- Big Bill vs Morales was an OK squash. Another week, another Ricky whipping.
- Willow vs Robyn was good. Willow getting loud chants. I hope she gets a match at All Out.
- Lee vs Dice was an OK squash. Why couldn't the women get one of the squash spots?
- LFI having bloody fun in Mexico.
- Hook, Darby, Sting & Punk vs White, Christian, Swerve & Cage was my MOTN. Brawl!

On 8/25/2023 at 1:24 AM, Matt_Black said:

True and true. During their golden age (imo), their women's division wasn't much (Mickie James kinda kickstarted it) though. But they did produce great shows in succession.

Interesting idea to have the main eventers on the pre-show to hype it. Only watched Hook vs Jungle Boy so far and it was... not good. So not watching the PPV as they still haven't quite reeled me in. Some interesting stories though in the last two matches. Someone plz count the superkicks for me.