WCW invading ECW?

Just starting a new 2001 game. I've edited the WCW Lives database so that ECW survived and didn't go under after Guilty As Charged 2001. For WCW, they weren't so lucky. In my game, WWF buy them out and they go under.

In the game I'm about to start I'm thinking about doing a scenario where ECW & WCW are purchased by someone (dunno who, TBC) which is why ECW were able to survive. As far as the rest of the world knows, WCW is done. And they are...kind of. The TBC mystery person bought contracts, titles, tape libraries, etc, but will not continue to run the company as WCW. Instead, the focus will be on ECW and pushing them to be a threat to the WWF

First up, is the debut of The Outsiders, Hall & Nash in ECW. Shown at ringside at the start of the show, Heyman addresses them directly and tells them he wants no funny business. Hall & Nash goof around for the cameras and can be seen mouthing that they're only there as fans. Sure enough, the show runs, and Hall & Nash are on their best behavior.

The following week, Hall & Nash are at ringside again. In the opening segment of the show, Eric Bischoff makes a surprise appearance during a Paul Heyman promo. Bischoff says that he is representing some former WCW talents; DDP, Booker T, Scott Steiner & Rey Mysterio. Bischoff says that they don't want to work for the WWF and that they want to come to ECW!

Heyman reminds them that ECW is a dangerous place to work, but that if they really want to be part of ECW, then they need to prove they belong. He says if they accept, then tonight, on ECW Wrestling, it will be DDP, Booker T, Steiner & Mysterio vs Rob Van Dam, Rhino, Tommy Dreamer & Sabu! Heyman says they don't need to win, he just needs to be impressed.

RVD, Rhino, Dreamer & Sabu pick up the after RVD pins Rey Mysterio. But, the former WCW start certainly show they belong with DDP hitting a Diamond Cutter on Sabu through a table off the top rope and Booker T hitting a Book End on Dreamer onto a pile of steel chairs. Heyman closes out the show by coming to the ring and telling the WCW guys they're hired. Hall & Nash then jump the guard rail and in a moment of unity, RVD, Rhino, Sabu, Dreamer, Booker, Steiner, DDP & Mysterio all surround Heyman, fearing their boss is about to be attacked. Nash says that they're only looking for work, and are asking Heyman for a chance. Heyman says that just like the men before them, they have to prove their worth and says that if Hall & Nash show up next week @ ECW Wrestling, he'll put them in a match. If they impress, they're hired.

Sure enough, Hall & Nash turn up. Expecting to be booked into a tag-match, they talk about their credenitals as one of the greatest tag-teams ever. Heyman comes out and informs them that they won't be competing in tag-team action. Instead, Scott Hall will face The Sandman and Kevin Nash will go one-on-one with ECW Champion, Rhino.

Scott Hall defeated The Sandman despite taking more shots with a kendo stick in one night then he probably had done in his entire life. Post-match, Hall & Sandman shake hands.\

In the main-event, Rhino defeats Kevin Nash after a botched interference from Hall. Post-match, Paul Heyman comes out. He tells Hall he's never ever seen someone get so badly beaten with a kendo stick and tells him he did a great job. As for Nash, he says in ECW, winning is what matters most, at whatever cost, even if it means having your best friend help you. He says that unfortunately for Nash, that backfired, but he's still impressed and they're both hired. So Hall & Nash do their "Too Sweet" thing and are clearly very happy. Heyman interrupts and informs them that next week, in the main event, they'll face each other in one on one action...

The idea will be to bring in a few more WCW'ers as well as those mentioned (probably Goldberg & Sting) and then once they all have contracts and are seemingly not hostile in anyway, to start a WCW invasion led by Bischoff but masterminded by Ric Flair!!

Does it work as a concept? Too unrealistic/not believable? Anyone got any other thoughts are ideas?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FuzzyLogic" data-cite="FuzzyLogic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just starting a new 2001 game. I've edited the WCW Lives database so that ECW survived and didn't go under after Guilty As Charged 2001. For WCW, they weren't so lucky. In my game, WWF buy them out and they go under.<p> </p><p> In the game I'm about to start I'm thinking about doing a scenario where ECW & WCW are purchased by someone (dunno who, TBC) which is why ECW were able to survive. As far as the rest of the world knows, WCW is done. And they are...kind of. The TBC mystery person bought contracts, titles, tape libraries, etc, but will not continue to run the company as WCW. Instead, the focus will be on ECW and pushing them to be a threat to the WWF</p><p> </p><p> First up, is the debut of The Outsiders, Hall & Nash in ECW. Shown at ringside at the start of the show, Heyman addresses them directly and tells them he wants no funny business. Hall & Nash goof around for the cameras and can be seen mouthing that they're only there as fans. Sure enough, the show runs, and Hall & Nash are on their best behavior.</p><p> </p><p> The following week, Hall & Nash are at ringside again. In the opening segment of the show, Eric Bischoff makes a surprise appearance during a Paul Heyman promo. Bischoff says that he is representing some former WCW talents; DDP, Booker T, Scott Steiner & Rey Mysterio. Bischoff says that they don't want to work for the WWF and that they want to come to ECW! </p><p> </p><p> Heyman reminds them that ECW is a dangerous place to work, but that if they really want to be part of ECW, then they need to prove they belong. He says if they accept, then tonight, on ECW Wrestling, it will be DDP, Booker T, Steiner & Mysterio vs Rob Van Dam, Rhino, Tommy Dreamer & Sabu! Heyman says they don't need to win, he just needs to be impressed.</p><p> </p><p> RVD, Rhino, Dreamer & Sabu pick up the after RVD pins Rey Mysterio. But, the former WCW start certainly show they belong with DDP hitting a Diamond Cutter on Sabu through a table off the top rope and Booker T hitting a Book End on Dreamer onto a pile of steel chairs. Heyman closes out the show by coming to the ring and telling the WCW guys they're hired. Hall & Nash then jump the guard rail and in a moment of unity, RVD, Rhino, Sabu, Dreamer, Booker, Steiner, DDP & Mysterio all surround Heyman, fearing their boss is about to be attacked. Nash says that they're only looking for work, and are asking Heyman for a chance. Heyman says that just like the men before them, they have to prove their worth and says that if Hall & Nash show up next week @ ECW Wrestling, he'll put them in a match. If they impress, they're hired.</p><p> </p><p> Sure enough, Hall & Nash turn up. Expecting to be booked into a tag-match, they talk about their credenitals as one of the greatest tag-teams ever. Heyman comes out and informs them that they won't be competing in tag-team action. Instead, Scott Hall will face The Sandman and Kevin Nash will go one-on-one with ECW Champion, Rhino.</p><p> </p><p> Scott Hall defeated The Sandman despite taking more shots with a kendo stick in one night then he probably had done in his entire life. Post-match, Hall & Sandman shake hands.\</p><p> </p><p> In the main-event, Rhino defeats Kevin Nash after a botched interference from Hall. Post-match, Paul Heyman comes out. He tells Hall he's never ever seen someone get so badly beaten with a kendo stick and tells him he did a great job. As for Nash, he says in ECW, winning is what matters most, at whatever cost, even if it means having your best friend help you. He says that unfortunately for Nash, that backfired, but he's still impressed and they're both hired. So Hall & Nash do their "Too Sweet" thing and are clearly very happy. Heyman interrupts and informs them that next week, in the main event, they'll face each other in one on one action...</p><p> </p><p> The idea will be to bring in a few more WCW'ers as well as those mentioned (probably Goldberg & Sting) and then once they all have contracts and are seemingly not hostile in anyway, to start a WCW invasion led by Bischoff but masterminded by Ric Flair!!</p><p> </p><p> Does it work as a concept? Too unrealistic/not believable? Anyone got any other thoughts are ideas?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do plan to make Heyman betray ECW??</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="javier_83" data-cite="javier_83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do plan to make Heyman betray ECW??</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hadn't considered it but maybe that could be one way to go. Maybe Heyman gets the nWo back together. Maybe it's Heyman (mouthpiece) RVD or Dreamer, Hall & Nash. Not sure what the motives would be but it could be pretty cool.</p>

Its a bit of a wild way to go, but what if, after Bischoff/Flair start their WCW faction, Heyman says something about knowing the best way to fight WCW and forms/brings back the NWO himself? At the very least, Nash & Hall join Heyman along with an ECW guy or 2 to take the fight to the WCW stable.

My 2 cents? Not realistic at all. Should you do it? Definitely. People always say that RW playability is limited by realism, that diaries have non realistic premises, like The Rock or Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement, etc (you get what I mean) only for us all to see that literally anything can and could have happened in history and imagination is your limit. And this is in fact a fun idea, as I haven't seen it that many times. If you ever want to keep us updated on how the save goes, I would be interested to know. Good luck.

<p>So just my personal opinion...</p><p> </p><p>

I love the concept but there's a few things that lose me at the time.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Bischoff would never in a million years have come to work in ECW or with Heyman. You could replace him with someone like Russo and it would work.</p><p> </p><p>

2. Probably the same for some of those other names like Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner (injured in 2001 anyway), Booker T, Ric Flair or Scott Hall (tbh, in 2001 Hall was in no fit state to be near a wrestling company and even in 2002 with an enormous opportunity to have one last run only managed what, two months before he was done) who all would have made a beeline for the WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

That said, I could totally see the likes of Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Mysterio, Kidman, DDP, Luger, Bagwell, Kanyon showing up in ECW as well as Mike Awesome (which would have been mega heel heat in ECW) and some of the ace cruiserweight talent they had prior to going bust (that division stacked at that time).</p><p> </p><p>

There would still be a lot of great storytelling ground even without some of the A names.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sheepy" data-cite="sheepy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So just my personal opinion...<p> </p><p> I love the concept but there's a few things that lose me at the time.</p><p> </p><p> 1. Bischoff would never in a million years have come to work in ECW or with Heyman. You could replace him with someone like Russo and it would work.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Probably the same for some of those other names like Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner (injured in 2001 anyway), Booker T, Ric Flair or Scott Hall (tbh, in 2001 Hall was in no fit state to be near a wrestling company and even in 2002 with an enormous opportunity to have one last run only managed what, two months before he was done) who all would have made a beeline for the WWE.</p><p> </p><p> That said, I could totally see the likes of Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Mysterio, Kidman, DDP, Luger, Bagwell, Kanyon showing up in ECW as well as Mike Awesome (which would have been mega heel heat in ECW) and some of the ace cruiserweight talent they had prior to going bust (that division stacked at that time).</p><p> </p><p> There would still be a lot of great storytelling ground even without some of the A names.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> While Nash and the others probably wouldn't show up at ECW, Scott Hall actually did IRL:</p><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/de_CYCyy9Mo?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Scott Hall vs. Sal E. Graziano [ECW - 11th November 2000]"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/sh4ue-2_TEo?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Scott hall vs Justin Credible ECW dark match"></iframe></div></div>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sheepy" data-cite="sheepy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46254" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So just my personal opinion...<p> </p><p> I love the concept but there's a few things that lose me at the time.</p><p> </p><p> 1. Bischoff would never in a million years have come to work in ECW or with Heyman. You could replace him with someone like Russo and it would work.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Probably the same for some of those other names like Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner (injured in 2001 anyway), Booker T, Ric Flair or Scott Hall (tbh, in 2001 Hall was in no fit state to be near a wrestling company and even in 2002 with an enormous opportunity to have one last run only managed what, two months before he was done) who all would have made a beeline for the WWE.</p><p> </p><p> That said, I could totally see the likes of Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Mysterio, Kidman, DDP, Luger, Bagwell, Kanyon showing up in ECW as well as Mike Awesome (which would have been mega heel heat in ECW) and some of the ace cruiserweight talent they had prior to going bust (that division stacked at that time).</p><p> </p><p> There would still be a lot of great storytelling ground even without some of the A names.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess the idea around those big names coming in is they're being offered an absolute ton of money by my "mystery investor". In terms of the story, it would be that they are offered HUGE amounts of cash on a 1 year deal.</p><p> </p><p> With Bischoff, yeah, I agree. Given the history, it might be a stretch too far to think he could end up in ECW so perhaps going with Russo makes more sense. Or even Ric Flair from the very start. Again, a big name, but money talks, right?</p><p> </p><p> The idea of having Heyman getting the nWo back together to help fend off a WCW invasion is pretty good, my only concern being it weakens ECW a little bit. What I'd probably do is have the nWo reform, Heyman as the mouthpiece along with an ECW legend turning heel (ala Hogan) and working with Hall, Nash and possibly Sean Waltman. But then have the ECW Originals (minus the turncoat) completely reject it so you end up with a 3-way war between ECW, WCW and the nWo.</p>

<p>I wouldn't have Heyman form the nWo, because Heyman was the leader of a group in WCW called the Dangerous Alliance. Going off the idea that Bischoff is trying to invade Heyman's house, what better way to beat him then by reforming the group? Rude should be available though retired, as I don't think he had died yet. Arn Anderson may be an agent for WWF not sure if you had him sign there or not, Zybysko though past his prime could still be a solid tag partner for whoever is replacing Anderson, Austin is tricky, you could fudge the time frames and have him do his walk out if the company a bit early. I would go with something like this.</p><p> </p><p>

Heyman - leader</p><p>

Rude - back up muscle(though it was rumored he was training on coming back so maybe even still a wrestler if he is no longer alive by this time replace him with RVD he works as the arrogant show off type) </p><p>

Zybysko - veteran hand and tag partner for the next guy</p><p>

Lance Storm - no nonsense technical wrestler, he is the Arn Anderson of this group, a solid hand who can get a good match out of anyone(If yoi can bring in Arn let him manage Storm in a mentor type role.)</p><p>

Austin - The returning star, hates Bischoff, fed up with Vince, the returning hero to fight off the corporate politicians who ruined wrestling. (If you aren't able to get Austin, then get Dreamer for this he is the heart and soul of ECW and would do anything to keep it safe.)</p><p> </p><p>

Even with the unrealistic aspects in this idea which trust me I love. Heyman logically wouldn't get Nash and Hall to help. When A. They failed to end WCW B. They can't be trusted since they are just as likely to stab him in the back. And C. ECW is family, why would he go outside of the family? Who has more to lose then those that helped build the company? The only reason to bring in a few guys like Rude, Zybysko, Arn, Austin is because they have history and so are family by proxy. Not to mention Austin owes Heyman for helping him find himself after WCW and Rude was in and out of ECW.</p><p> </p><p>

Final note you can plant seeds with Arn and Zybysko being moles for WCW to set up extra wrinkles in the stories and have them be replaced by ECW loyal guys, like Sandman or Raven who both went to WCW and got used by the system.</p>

Archived