[C-VERSE] Cruiserweight/ Women's Divisions for the big companies?

SWF, TCW, and NOTBPW all used to have high-flying divisions. Similarly, USPW has a Cruiserweight belt graphic all made up. If you were to bring in or bring back a Cruiserweight division, who would you hire for a specific company?

Likewise, if TCW or SWF were to start Women's Divisions to compete with USPW or NOTBPW, who would you pick up to start it?

If playing in the US - Edd Stone, Mikey James, Mainstream Hernandez, Frankie Perez, Silver Tiger, Gino and Luis Montero (working agreement with OLLIE to get him to work the US on a loan), El Leon (if you can steal him from SOTBPW), KC Glenn (when available), Masked Cougar makes a very good core.

For a women's division -- I think Sara Marie York and J-Ro are the obvious choices in the 16 database. If TCW or SWF were to start a women's division (particularly TCW) they could bring in York, J-Ro, the A List, Quine, and a few others and have a very solid women's division.

As for Cruiserweights, I would say you pick up Fox Mask and Masked Cougar. If it's USPW, American Flash would be a natural pick. Gino would be excellent from pure talent, but I've never pictured him as a guy locked into a cruiserweight spot

Some really good suggestions for cruiserweights so far. Here's a few more that I've had good luck with:

Air Attack Weasel - A bit on the older side but has excellent basics, selling and stamina.

Acid II - A little lacking in the performance stats to start, but great potential otherwise.

Amazing Fire Fly - One of the best workers in the world in my game by year 5. A* rated match machine.

Hurakan - Ditto Amazing Fire Fly. Doesn't debut until February 2017. Great Star Quality too.

California Love Machine - His tag team partner, Frankie-Boy Fernandes, wouldn't be a bad pickup either.

Marvel Malloy - Great cruiserweight, but also just an excellent all-around wrestler.

Sonny Wildside - Excellent Flashiness skill and Very Good Aerial skill. Needs to improve in the stamina department though.

York and J-Ro are good picks. Can't exactly remember who were available to me when I started mine since it wasn't until a few years in, but I do remember snagging Fuyuko Higa and a few others from 5 Star since they were available in the USA

I generally avoid bad backstage influences like the plague but Higa is pretty much the MVP of any women’s division she’s in. J-Ro, SMY, Alicia also v good choices obviously. Also Amber Allen rocks.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46393" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I generally avoid bad backstage influences like the plague but Higa is pretty much the MVP of any women’s division she’s in. J-Ro, SMY, Alicia also v good choices obviously. <strong>Also Amber Allen rocks.</strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Definitely agree on Amber Allen. I'd also recommend Danielle Sweetheart, Lauren Easter and Zoe Ammis.</p>

<p>Okay for Cruiserweight, as that's my favorite style of company, I've got a lot. All are Lightweight or below.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Singles Workers</strong></p><p>

Amazing Fire Fly</p><p>

Billy Russell (not a high flier, but solid and over)</p><p>

Dagger</p><p>

Devyn Reynaud</p><p>

Diablo Duvak</p><p>

El Orgulloso (poor performance skills, but comes cheap and great flier)</p><p>

Extraordinario Jr</p><p>

Frankie Perez</p><p>

Gram Gorman</p><p>

Greg Black</p><p>

Harry Allen</p><p>

Hugh De Aske</p><p>

Jamie Atherton</p><p>

Kamikaze</p><p>

Kid Fantastic</p><p>

Masked Cougar</p><p>

Miller Fforde (generally underrated)</p><p>

Mimic</p><p>

Rob Reynolds</p><p>

Robin Newman (poor top row but great performance and very young)</p><p>

Thrill Seeker</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tag Teams</strong></p><p>

Devil May Care (Acid II & Stuntman)</p><p>

The Gopher and the Ant (Ant-Man & Topher Smith)</p><p>

The Night Terrors (Babau & Moroi)</p><p>

Notorius (Carlos Barrera & Miguel Rivera)</p><p>

Hudson Drake & Morgan Malone</p><p>

The American Cobras (Marvel Malloy & Storm Spillane)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46393" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You know, if you have Kid Fantastic, you might as well try to poach his mentor Jacob Jett from NOTBPW as he's great.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Absolutely. Jett probably isn't ever going to end up in my main event scene with how crowded it is(roster bloating is always too big of an issue for me) but he's found a really good spot as my personal Cesaro, jumping between tag partners as needed and usually having good chemistry with whoever I settling on him being with.</p>

I don't see any of the big three US companies opening a cruiserweight division. In order, from most unlikely to still pretty unlikely:

3. USPW

USPW has a grand total of one male lightweight wrestler on their roster... granted, that's Trent Shaffer, and he's been a huge success story for them. Even the handful of middleweights on the roster aren't the sort who could easily slim down and work in a cruiserweight division. Their product doesn't incorporate any modern influence at all.

The bottom line is, these guys love their hosses, and I don't see that changing. This is a company that couldn't make room for Sammy Bach, Darryl Devine or Hell Monkey, but gave World Title runs to Mick Muscles and T-Rex. Enough said.

2. TCW

TCW is definitely a better stylistic fit, between the emphasis on workrate and the medium modern influence in their product. Edd Stone, Benny Benson, and Devine/Fortune are a strong start to the proposed division, and Brett Biggins/Jimmy Foxx/Matt Hocking provide some good support. (Almost all those guys start the game as faces, but Benson's the only one who couldn't turn comfortably.)

To fill the ranks out, I could see them drawing a few guys from their neighbors in CZCW. Also, while (like the other two main US promotions) they have no lucha influence in their product, they are based in Los Angeles... with the growing international success of SOTBPW, it would make sense for US companies to start tapping into that style, and TCW is better positioned geographically than SWF to do so. (And think of the toy opportunities!)

But there's one big obstacle here: money. At the start of 2016, TCW is on a short leash... not desperate enough to start throwing things at the wall, but also not rich enough to look at expansion. I'm not sure what they'll look like in 2020, but right now, opening any kind of division seems unlikely for them.

1. SWF

You know, I could SORT of see this. SWF isn't known for their diverse in-ring product, but they have some high-flying style in their genes. Moreover, they have a really strong base for any potential division: two elite singles prospects in James Hernandez and Mikey Lau, and two excellent tag teams in the Bumfholes and the Awesomeness. All of them feel like rising stars, and the tag teams' titles lend the division legitimacy.

(You can throw in CZCW vet James Prudence if you want, and a few other middleweights who could pass for lightweights. Bart Biggins and Justin Sensitive aren't much more than filler, but High Flyin' Hawaiian is waiting in the wings at RIPW...)

Even more importantly, though, this move makes sense for their business. They are a little desperate right now -- USPW swooped in and took their no. 1 spot. They have the money to do something, but maybe not the money to start a bidding war. A cruiserweight division is the kind of thing that makes them look like a bigger, more encompassing company -- and it's territory that USPW can't easily follow them into.

Not saying they'll do it... just saying it would make sense.

I don't see any of the big three US companies opening a cruiserweight division. In order, from most unlikely to still pretty unlikely:

3. USPW

USPW has a grand total of one male lightweight wrestler on their roster... granted, that's Trent Shaffer, and he's been a huge success story for them. Even the handful of middleweights on the roster aren't the sort who could easily slim down and work in a cruiserweight division. Their product doesn't incorporate any modern influence at all.

The bottom line is, these guys love their hosses, and I don't see that changing. This is a company that couldn't make room for Sammy Bach, Darryl Devine or Hell Monkey, but gave World Title runs to Mick Muscles and T-Rex. Enough said.

Let's look at who the USPW AI hires during a game. Masked Cougar is almost always the first signing. Greg Black, one or both of the Latino Kings, Donnie J. Occasionally Remmy Skye and Fox Mask. And more. These guys aren't exactly "hosses".

<p>Some good choices for cruiserweights here. I actually did this after taking over TCW, so I'll add some more nobody's mentioned:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fumihiro Ota</strong> may be past his prime, but he's still got solid skills and overness, as well as history with TCW if you're playing as them. I use him to build up new babyfaces (Yellow Flash actually took the All Action title off him at the last Total Mayhem.)</p><p> </p><p>

I'm surprised no one's mentioned <strong>Rudy Velasquez</strong> yet. He's easily the best of the Latino Kings and has a lot of potential. Can play heel or face and has a ready-made stable with a tag partner and enforcer if you bring his buddies along.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roderick Remus</strong> can work any style and play any role depending on who else you have.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, keep your eyes peeled for who SOTBPW releases -- some of them may have decent (talking 40s-50s) U.S. overness if they've been on TV even semi-regularly. (This depends on their TV deal, obviously.) It's how I got Yellow Flash and California Kid.</p>

<p>Oh, yeah, SOTBPW releases can be great. Occasionally, they'll cut Velocidad, which is like, yeah okay, I'll take him off your hands if you don't want him.</p><p> </p><p>

The other thing about SOTBPW releases is that many are prime candidates to pick up a mentor, and Nicholas Lopez and Angel De Mexico, two Good High Fliers available to work in the U.S., both take on proteges, so that's something to look into.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Oregano Jensen" data-cite="Oregano Jensen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46393" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>1. SWF</strong><p> </p><p> You know, I could SORT of see this. SWF isn't known for their diverse in-ring product, but they have some high-flying style in their genes. Moreover, they have a really strong base for any potential division: two elite singles prospects in James Hernandez and Mikey Lau, and two excellent tag teams in the Bumfholes and the Awesomeness. All of them feel like rising stars, and the tag teams' titles lend the division legitimacy. </p><p> </p><p> (You can throw in CZCW vet James Prudence if you want, and a few other middleweights who could pass for lightweights. Bart Biggins and Justin Sensitive aren't much more than filler, but High Flyin' Hawaiian is waiting in the wings at RIPW...) </p><p> </p><p> Even more importantly, though, this move makes sense for their business. They <em>are</em> a little desperate right now -- USPW swooped in and took their no. 1 spot. They have the money to do something, but maybe not the money to start a bidding war. A cruiserweight division is the kind of thing that makes them look like a bigger, more encompassing company -- and it's territory that USPW can't easily follow them into. </p><p> </p><p> Not saying they'll do it... just saying it would make sense.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think this makes a lot of sense. I've always compared SWF to WWE (for obvious reasons, I think) and it was what, two and a half years ago that WWE readded the cruiserweight division? I think it would be something that SWF is tailor-made to experiment on as an attempt to create something new. I also see SWF as more likely to add a women's division than TCW for the same reason -- they want to create new eyeballs on the product to compete with the billionaire Packer empire. </p><p> </p><p> They do have a good crop of guys that would fit the style on their roster and in developmental, plus they are the only one of the big three companies with a developmental that they could stick younger cruiserweights in to let them develop until they get called up. </p><p> </p><p> The only reason I could see TCW doing it is that they have had the division in the past and could play off the history -- and while they don't have a ton of extra cash to start playing with, they also almost always lose their top talents to bidding wars (I've yet to play a game where Rocky, Wolf, and Ace aren't poached) and with an aging top of the card it could make the most financial sense for them to heavily feature a cruiserweight division because they could sign a whole crop of guys for significantly cheaper than what they have right now.</p>

Only thing with TCW is that outside of a couple of main eventers most of their roster is around the middleweight size:

I could easily see them going out and signing a bunch of cruiser weights but not sure they’d want to split them off into a new division (and adding a glass ceiling in the process). You only really need a division if you’re smaller guys would struggle to believably make the main event.

SWF has a roster with much bigger guys and a cruiser weight division makes much more sense as a way of elevating smaller stars before feeding them to the heavyweights.

I also see SWF as more likely to add a women's division than TCW for the same reason -- they want to create new eyeballs on the product to compete with the billionaire Packer empire.

Certainly, they'd have an easier go of getting the girls over with good match ratings. Average workers with at least Decent Sex Appeal can pull in performances of 70 or 80 in an Eye Candy match.

I actually created a womens division in my TCW save. Im 2 years in.

unknown.png

All are real CV characters besides Ana Sanchez who is the best female gen ive seen and has been my future face of my womens division. Nadia Snow has been the first and only champion. Shes also completely undefeated for me. Shes my Asuka if you will. No loss on her record either. Completely undefeated. The only woman she hasnt beaten yet outside of jobbers is Ana Sanchez because they have never faced off.

I have actually had to take Nadia off TV in kayfabe due to her popularity being so much higher than any other woman. So while shes on vacation I have been pushing Ana hard. Ana herself only has 1 singles loss on her record with 2 six woman tag matches which she didnt get pinned. HEr only loss coming on her debut to Purple Viper. Once Nadia loses the title I may send her on a losing streak losing herself in a sense now that her title and streak is gone. All gonna depend on if I can build anyone up enough for her to cleanly job to my other top women.

This is Ana Sanchez skills also:

unknown.png

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46393" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Let's look at who the USPW AI hires during a game. Masked Cougar is almost always the first signing. Greg Black, one or both of the Latino Kings, Donnie J. Occasionally Remmy Skye and Fox Mask. And more. These guys aren't exactly "hosses".</div></blockquote><p> This doesn't strike me as evidence that the canonical USPW is changing its focus... it's more evidence that the AI doesn't have the ability to reflect canonical talent preferences. (At least not without setting hard hiring limits.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Oregano Jensen" data-cite="Oregano Jensen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46393" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This doesn't strike me as evidence that the canonical USPW is changing its focus... it's more evidence that the AI doesn't have the ability to reflect canonical talent preferences. (At least not without setting hard hiring limits.)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But none of the other companies, when controlled by the AI, ever go for those guys. Or at least I've never seen a bidding war start for them.</p>

<p>USPW frequently goes on a hiring spree at the beginning of the game, yes. This, too, is a function of the AI. Both USPW and SWF are National companies. USPW has more money and is larger, but their men's division has only 28 wrestlers to SWF's 39. (TCW has 35 wrestlers, and they're a smaller company with less money.) Allen Packer prefers a large roster, whereas Richard Eisen's preference is for a medium roster. As a result, USPW tends to move aggressively to bolster their men's division. The workers you named are among the most desirable free agents working in America, and therefore any AI-controlled company is going to pursue them if they're available and the company is hiring. </p><p> </p><p>

More to the point: it's been explained to you that there is <em>no</em> connection between what the in-game AI does (or tends to do) in the previous version of the game and the manual updates to the database in the next version. The database updates are based entirely on the storyline determined by the game's creator. This has been the case through a half-dozen iterations of TEW, and there's been no indication that that policy is changing in any way in the 2020 version of the game. So for you to hear that, and then come back with "but the AI does <em>this</em>!", suggests that you're not really paying attention.</p>

<p>For a cruiserweight division you should quite frankly just raid ACPW and CZCW.</p><p> </p><p>

A women's division is an interesting thing. Naturally, J-Ro and Sara, but I'm surprised no one mentioned Tamara McFly who is a free agent at game start. US & Canada have quite some good free agents, and naturally there are the QAW and AAA rosters just waiting there. OLLIE has some good women too, and you can even mesh the cruiserweights with them.</p>

Archived