Codenames Round 2 [Game]

Paws7297

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd add chair, as something you'd find in a home, and china, either for the same reason, or for the country potentially being someone's home. I like compound though. Especially since even if it's not for home, it could be catchup for chemistry.<p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#800080;">Compound</span></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Blue</p><p> </p><p> Guess again or pass</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmmm - maybe tie and drop? Cappy, any thoughts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You two appear to be in much more sync than I am. I'm not really seeing anything for Basketball in that field. Best guess I can come up with is Aztec because of San Diego State. But IIRC, they are more a football school than Basketball. Could you please explain how you came to Tie and Drop?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You two appear to be in much more sync than I am. I'm not really seeing anything for Basketball in that field. Best guess I can come up with is Aztec because of San Diego State. But IIRC, they are more a football school than Basketball. Could you please explain how you came to Tie and Drop?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm thinking tie because you could have a tie in basketball to send a game into overtime? And drop because there's a move called a drop step? Not loving either, to be fair! Also maybe cross because there's a crossover too?</p>

Okay. I guess can see the logic there. But Tie would make me think more of soccer than Basketball. Ties are common results in soccer where Basketball is the sport that most regularly goes into multiple overtimes. So Ties get resolved more often on the hardcourt than any other sporting venue. Ditto Cross as Crossing passses from the wings are often in soccer used to set up goals. Drop could be possible given your explanation of the Drop step. But that seems like a risky hint. That shows the Spymaster really trusting his associates to know the game. Still it looks like Drop is our best angle at the moment. Unless something else stands out, that seems like the best place to go.

Archived