Effingham Heights: A Game of Homes Mafia Game Thread

i effin rule

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got no issues with the basis of that logic. But to counter that argument... this is a mafia game. Unless you are grouped with someone, everyone else could be your enemy. Is the safest bet to vote for yourself because you know you are on your side. You can't say the same about anyone else.

That said.... risk = reward. :p

While your counter argument is sound I will throw you some insight, I was going to nominate you Derek, as I do feel like you are one of the most open folk around in GDS as a whole. Unfortunately for my own sense of pride you nominated yourself. :( Thus I went with the person I trust the most in Mafia games, MoT.

I accept what I can do, and what will happen in this game.

Guest Memory of Talon

It was a hard fought campaign for my election into this prestigious home owners association but it all paid off in the end. I would like to first thank my original scum buddy, the best I ever had that I lost with, leion the lion heart.

On a serious I'm on my way back home from work and can catch up then. It's been a bad week as an emergency came up and I had to come in on Memorial Day to fix it. I'm exhausted.

While your counter argument is sound I will throw you some insight, I was going to nominate you Derek, as I do feel like you are one of the most open folk around in GDS as a whole. Unfortunately for my own sense of pride you nominated yourself. :( Thus I went with the person I trust the most in Mafia games, MoT.

I accept what I can do, and what will happen in this game.

No worries. :)

Just don't make the classic mistake of trusting someone based on a previous game. We've all done that at some point and it's come back to kick us in the ass. MoT is a good player and definitely capable of doing that, so be wary.

And while it is unlikely to make you feel any better about me, I'm likely to vote for myself in the next day too. Though not early on, at least give other people the chance to get in first this time. :)

No one around and posting just now? As things stand, that means we seem to be happy with lynching EddieFnG, happy with our councillors and not looking to add anything else. Does anyone have thoughts on anything that is happening?

That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

1. I'm cautiously optimistic about the council, even if I am watching them closely. I think you all have good minds for mafia which is all I can ask/hope for.

2. I'm happy about GDS overcoming day one lynch fears, even if it is because of plurality and because the person in question hasn't shown up yet.

3. We got to get better about focusing on scum hunting rather than just council selection. But it's day one, it's mostly just joking that typically happens so I appreciate that it was a lot of serious discussion this phase. The scum hunting will pick up, I'm sure.

I've got no issues with the basis of that logic. But to counter that argument... this is a mafia game. Unless you are grouped with someone, everyone else could be your enemy. Is the safest bet to vote for yourself because you know you are on your side. You can't say the same about anyone else.

That said.... risk = reward. :p

Everyone else? That's a paranoid way of saying it. I'd prefer to say anyone could be my enemy. And depending on the game, you might not even be able to trust yourself.

I've got about half an hour before I start work for the night. I can drop some thoughts/reads.

I don't think there will be enough scum for them to get 2 members on the council without town help. So if the results come back somewhat scummy tomorrow, I doubt the whole scum team is in the nominations.

Of the 3, I think Destiny is most likely to be scum based on nomination pattern. Not nominating himself, seconding it as an "acceptance" and then getting 3rd early feels very coordinated. Then again, it also follows a pattern of logic, so it's not a strong scum tilt. Something just feels hinkie here.

From Day 1, Derek and Eliphas are my strongest town reads. Derek has been out hunting, poking and prodding, plus got nominated to council, which implies he has support from other townies. Eliphas was asking questions earlier that I don't believe he would ask in thread if he had teammates to ask privately, so that gives me town vibes.

Everyone else? That's a paranoid way of saying it. I'd prefer to say anyone could be my enemy. And depending on the game, you might not even be able to trust yourself.

Whenever I play town or indy, I play mafia as if everyone else is scum and trying to kill me. I'd rather be overly paranoid about players than trust someone I shouldn't. Obviously that stance changes as the game advances and information comes out, but that's how I roll. :)

Obviously when I play as mafia I trust a few people and worry about being killed a bit less.... those are fun times. :p

I'm off to bed so this will be my last post of this phase. If EddieFnG shows up I'd rather we not lynch him, but if he doesn't then I have no issues with him seeing the noose. Inactive players are a bad thing, and there has been more than 2 full days between getting the role PM and the phase end to show up.

I look forward to seeing what the council get to do with the night phase and if it is anything like an idea I had for a mafia game myself. Don't want to ruin the surprise of that in case this isn't, but super excited to see if this is anything like that. :D

Whenever I play town or indy, I play mafia as if everyone else is scum and trying to kill me. I'd rather be overly paranoid about players than trust someone I shouldn't. Obviously that stance changes as the game advances and information comes out, but that's how I roll. :)

Obviously when I play as mafia I trust a few people and worry about being killed a bit less.... those are fun times. :p

I'm "Trust, But Verify" man myself. You know, Distrusted column, Trusted column, and the starting column. It does not have a name. I haven't thought that hard about it. People work their way from the middle to one side or the other, generally. Though there's been some dramatic swings in past games.

Guest Memory of Talon

<p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: bluestar</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

I just feel as though bluestar likes to play somewhat dumb as scum than he does as town. </p><p> </p><p>

Also to those of you who haven't played plurality before, I never trust a wagon that sticks so firmly on day 1. The Eddie wagon is doomed to be town in my eyes right now. </p><p> </p><p>

We need a second option, and I'm sorry I lost track of time, I thought we had more time since the last game I played started earlier in the day.</p>

<p><strong>It is now Day 1. You have until 9:00pm EDT (2:00am GMT) on Tuesday, May 28th to make nominations and vote on lynches.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Nominations</span></strong></p><p>

<strong><em>Destiny: 3 (eayragt, Destiny, Memory of Talon)</em></strong></p><p>

<strong><em>Derek B: 3 (Derek B, djthefunkchris, Emark)</em></strong></p><p>

Rayalek: 1 (Rayelek)</p><p>

lukess11: 2 (lukess11, Too Sweet Spartan)</p><p>

Bluestar: 1 (Eternal Phoenix)</p><p>

Rabbitman: 1 (Tha Black Phenom)</p><p>

<strong><em>Memory of Talon: 3 (Leion, Eliphas, FellaLibby)</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lynch</span></strong></p><p>

Bluestar: 2 (Eternal Phoenix, Memory of Talon)</p><p>

Memory of Talon: 1 (Leion)</p><p>

EddieFnG: 4 (Derek B, Rayelek, Destiny, eayragt)</p><p>

cappyboy: 1 (Eliphas)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: bluestar</span></strong><p> </p><p> I just feel as though bluestar likes to play somewhat dumb as scum than he does as town. </p><p> /QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: BlueStar</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> I've played with Blue before, and this is a line of thinking I agree with.</p></div></blockquote>

<p><strong>It is now Day 1. You have until 9:00pm EDT (2:00am GMT) on Tuesday, May 28th to make nominations and vote on lynches.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Nominations</span></strong></p><p>

<strong><em>Destiny: 3 (eayragt, Destiny, Memory of Talon)</em></strong></p><p>

<strong><em>Derek B: 3 (Derek B, djthefunkchris, Emark)</em></strong></p><p>

Rayalek: 1 (Rayelek)</p><p>

lukess11: 2 (lukess11, Too Sweet Spartan)</p><p>

Bluestar: 1 (Eternal Phoenix)</p><p>

Rabbitman: 1 (Tha Black Phenom)</p><p>

<strong><em>Memory of Talon: 3 (Leion, Eliphas, FellaLibby)</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lynch</span></strong></p><p>

Bluestar: 3 (Eternal Phoenix, Memory of Talon, DeadCeleb)</p><p>

Memory of Talon: 1 (Leion)</p><p>

EddieFnG: 4 (Derek B, Rayelek, Destiny, eayragt)</p><p>

cappyboy: 1 (Eliphas)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: bluestar</span></strong><p> </p><p> I just feel as though bluestar likes to play somewhat dumb as scum than he does as town. </p><p> </p><p> Also to those of you who haven't played plurality before, I never trust a wagon that sticks so firmly on day 1. The Eddie wagon is doomed to be town in my eyes right now. </p><p> </p><p> We need a second option, and I'm sorry I lost track of time, I thought we had more time since the last game I played started earlier in the day.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeadCeleb" data-cite="DeadCeleb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: bluestar</span></strong><p> </p><p> I just feel as though bluestar likes to play somewhat dumb as scum than he does as town. </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: BlueStar</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> I've played with Blue before, and this is a line of thinking I agree with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This new direction with 1.5 hours left in the phase feels kinda shady. Noted for next phase.</p>

Guest Memory of Talon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This new direction with 1.5 hours left in the phase feels kinda shady. Noted for next phase.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I take it this means you are confident in your vote for Eddie.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: bluestar</span></strong><p> </p><p> I just feel as though bluestar likes to play somewhat dumb as scum than he does as town. </p><p> </p><p> Also to those of you who haven't played plurality before, I never trust a wagon that sticks so firmly on day 1. The Eddie wagon is doomed to be town in my eyes right now. </p><p> </p><p> We need a second option, and I'm sorry I lost track of time, I thought we had more time since the last game I played started earlier in the day.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeadCeleb" data-cite="DeadCeleb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: bluestar</span></strong><p> </p><p> I just feel as though bluestar likes to play somewhat dumb as scum than he does as town. </p><p> /QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: BlueStar</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> I've played with Blue before, and this is a line of thinking I agree with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting. Change Vote: Memory of Talon</p></div></blockquote>