Is It Worth Starting a New Game

Is it worth starting a new game on this current TEW 2016 Version or do i wait until the New game is released??...

I am stuck on what year to start game i need some help to pick a year...

Here are my options

1993 August

1996 January

1998 June

2005 January

2007 June

2010 March

2011 October

2014 January

2016 June

Those are questions only you yourself can answer, man. It's not like we know you enough to know your behaviors.

My idea for you is just start 9 games on all the dates you listed. I mean, you are worried about long term continuity with TEW 2020 in the horizon, so don't be. Open up all 9 games and just book whatever you want, this should probably hold you well for now. You will not get very far into any of those(unless you somehow are hooked on one of them) but that's by design. You will not feel like you are abandoning a long-term save when 2020 comes out.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="the_crippler_2004" data-cite="the_crippler_2004" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46915" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>no non what so ever the name was picked and chosen well before what went down in 2007 regarding Chris Benoit</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Benoit is my all time favorite wrestler. What he did out of the ring doesn't ruin what he did in the ring for me.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Any chance you could drop a version of that August 1993 in a dropbox for me? I would love to play it. </p><p> </p><p> In fact if you want, we could do a multi player game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46915" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Benoit is my all time favorite wrestler. What he did out of the ring doesn't ruin what he did in the ring for me.<p> </p><p> </p><p> Any chance you could drop a version of that August 1993 in a dropbox for me? I would love to play it. </p><p> </p><p> In fact if you want, we could do a multi player game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It’s on homeofprowrestling.com</p>

Benoit is my all time favorite wrestler. What he did out of the ring doesn't ruin what he did in the ring for me.

This is an interesting topic (although admittedly for another time and place). On one hand, I understand this notion, just as a movie star being disgraced for something doesn't suddenly make all their movies bad, likewise Benoit's matches and work don't lose any quality because of what he did.

On the other hand, however, with a situation like Hogan, I actively want him to be kept away from wrestling, away from what he loves and what I watch, because someone like him doesn't deserve to keep doing what he loves and being paid well for it. The Benoit situation doesn't have this factor, because no matter anyone's opinion on him, he isn't coming back.

This is an interesting topic (although admittedly for another time and place). On one hand, I understand this notion, just as a movie star being disgraced for something doesn't suddenly make all their movies bad, likewise Benoit's matches and work don't lose any quality because of what he did.

On the other hand, however, with a situation like Hogan, I actively want him to be kept away from wrestling, away from what he loves and what I watch, because someone like him doesn't deserve to keep doing what he loves and being paid well for it. The Benoit situation doesn't have this factor, because no matter anyone's opinion on him, he isn't coming back.

If you penalized a person like that (hogan), then there wouldn't be sports teams, pro wrestling, or anything else really. People can he forgiven for making mistakes like hogan did, but they shouldn't get a loge time ban.

Benoit is a different topic and I totally get it. But I do believe he was the best wrestler bell to bell of our generation. For me it's hard to ignore his career even if what he did out of it is the worst thing a person could do.

If you penalized a person like that (hogan), then there wouldn't be sports teams, pro wrestling, or anything else really. People can he forgiven for making mistakes like hogan did, but they shouldn't get a loge time ban.

Benoit is a different topic and I totally get it. But I do believe he was the best wrestler bell to bell of our generation. For me it's hard to ignore his career even if what he did out of it is the worst thing a person could do.

My issue with Hogan is part what he said, part the context in which he said it, and part the lack of a sincere apology. According to a few wrestlers who spoke out when he got reinstated, Hogan apologised for getting caught, rather than for what he said. Seems like the lesson hasn't been learned, and there's just no place for someone who still thinks like that, IMO.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EBEZA" data-cite="EBEZA" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46915" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My issue with Hogan is part what he said, part the context in which he said it, and part the lack of a sincere apology. <strong>According to a few wrestlers who spoke out when he got reinstated</strong>, Hogan apologised for getting caught, rather than for what he said. Seems like the lesson hasn't been learned, and there's just no place for someone who still thinks like that, IMO.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's the key to everything you just said IMO. "According to" some other wrestlers with an obviously biased opinion, his apology wasn't sincere. To me, without proof, like a video of the "apology", we can't really be sure what was said. Personally, I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt if at all possible.</p><p> </p><p> Having said that, I would definitely not be surprised if Hogan's apology wasn't sincere, since he's a known b-----------. And I <em>have</em> seen proof of that!</p>

That's the key to everything you just said IMO. "According to" some other wrestlers with an obviously biased opinion, his apology wasn't sincere. To me, without proof, like a video of the "apology", we can't really be sure what was said. Personally, I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt if at all possible.

Having said that, I would definitely not be surprised if Hogan's apology wasn't sincere, since he's a known b----------. And I have seen proof of that!

100% agree, but when a bunch of the black wrestlers weren't happy with the apology (the same guys, incidentally, who said Lars Sullivan seemed genuine in his remorse) for a racism issue, I personally feel a little uncomfortable questioning that. I'll never truly understand how hearing that sort of stuff come out of someone's mouth feels from their perspective; if I'm as offended as I am by it, I can't imagine how they felt.

Anyway, this got way off topic, happy to further discuss by PM, but we should probably stop hijacking this thread now :p

100% agree, but when a bunch of the black wrestlers weren't happy with the apology (the same guys, incidentally, who said Lars Sullivan seemed genuine in his remorse) for a racism issue, I personally feel a little uncomfortable questioning that. I'll never truly understand how hearing that sort of stuff come out of someone's mouth feels from their perspective; if I'm as offended as I am by it, I can't imagine how they felt.

Anyway, this got way off topic, happy to further discuss by PM, but we should probably stop hijacking this thread now :p

I think we are enhancing this guy's thread.