The Heart of the Lion (BCG 2010 R2G)

Looks like Edd Stone stole Painmaker Christ Jericho's look there... :D

Siah and DarK_RaideR, I am introducing 2 more Midcard titles to my roster. Please select 4 people each (who are not in this tournament, aren't currently champions, and aren't Takayuri 2000, The Machines, or Emerald Angel) to fight over them!

Honestly, it's a huge roster I'm not yet that familiar with, so I have to go back to the first page, then scroll up and down several times to check who is in the tournament groups and who isn't. I'll just pass and let you book your heart out, I'm just glad to be along for the ride :rolleyes:

Takayuri 2000 & Torii vs Black House

Jay Chord vs Mabuchi Furusawa

The Gauge Brothers vs Ronin

Black Cobra vs Mabuchi Furusawa (is this some kind of error or are these two pulling double duty?)

Lionheart (Fox Mask, Masked Cougar & MYSTIC Dragon) vs Kensai (Cameron Vessey, Pretty Okakura and Razan Okamoto)

Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs Black Cobra

Amagawa & Crimson Dragon vs Toma & Sam Keith

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That show just blew my mind....

Main Event

Match 6

Match 5

Match 4

Black Cobra vs Mabuchi Furusawa

Match 3

RAGE (Tsurayuki Kamachi, Nariaki Hitomi & Sam Keith) vs Kensai (Funakoshi, Mito Miwa & Eisaku Hoshino)

Match 2

Lionheart (Fox Mask, Masked Cougar & MYSTIC Dragon) vs vs Kensai (Cameron Vessey, Pretty Okakura and Razan Okamoto)

Opening Match

Sorry about that guys, I was a bit distracted when I was writing the preview up. Match 6 is Jay Chord vs Toshiharu Hyobanshi, Match 4 is Velocidad vs Yoshinaka Taku.

Thanks for the kind words! And thank you DarK_RaideR for pointing it out. I missed it when I was looking everything over to make sure it made sense!

Looks like Edd Stone stole Painmaker Christ Jericho's look there... :D

I 100% believe that Painmaker Chris Jericho is best Chris Jericho, and Edd Stone is a character that in my head resonates a lot with Jericho.

*EDIT* I actually put a match in the wrong slot and ended up missing posting a match because of it, then I was off for the whole thing. There were a few matches that needed to be fixed, and they all have!

That was a fantastic show :D

Black Cobra vs Toshiharu Hyobanshi

Velocidad vs Yoshinaka Taku

Lionheart (Fox Mask, Masked Cougar & MYSTIC Dragon) vs vs Kensai (Cameron Vessey, Pretty Okakura and Razan Okamoto)

"Painmaker Chris Jericho is best Chris Jericho" I absolutely agree.

Siah and DarK_RaideR, I am introducing 2 more Midcard titles to my roster. Please select 4 people each (who are not in this tournament, aren't currently champions, and aren't Takayuri 2000, The Machines, or Emerald Angel) to fight over them!

I agree with Dark_RaideR on this one.

Black Cobra vs Toshiharu Hyobanshi

Lionheart (Fox Mask, Masked Cougar & MYSTIC Dragon) vs Kensai (Cameron Vessey, Pretty Okakura and Razan Okamoto)

MZ5nmF7.jpg

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #cccccc; margin:10px;background: #F5F5F5; max-width:50%;box-shadow: 0 6px 12px ";">

x8up9nO.jpgVnmeusX.jpgeeyrOZ6.jpg

The Challengers Series 2016 Day 4

ivKV7Op.jpguMuwf5Z.jpgdlxtGul.jpge1ZykV4.jpg

Kiyoisha Tokuoka and Takeji Komagata call the action from their announcers table and run down the card for the evening.

</div>

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #cccccc; margin:10px;background: #F5F5F5; max-width:50%;box-shadow: 0 6px 12px ";">

Opening Match

69tRVHp.jpgLPDHVGC.jpg VS YQzg79Y.jpgvnhCI6y.jpg

Keith limped to the ring after the assault from Edd Stone at the previous day of the tour.The match was nothing overly exciting, despite the young talent in it. Amagawa and Dragon very smartly spent the majority of the match working over Keith, who sold the knee injury like a champ (which covered for his inability to move in the ring quite well.) When Kid Koma finally got the hot tag it injected a shot of adrenalin into the match as he took it to the PRIDE members. Toma's momentum would be halted, however, when the lights flickered in the building and the Black Sheep of the Stone Family stood at the top of the ramp, distracting the youngster who went to protect Sam Keith while Amigawa locked in Toma for triple german suplexes and tagged in Dragon, who hit his Dragon Spin finisher for the pin.

Winners: Crimson Dragon & Nichiren Amagawa

Finish: Crimson Dragon hits a Dragon Spin on Kid Toma For the pin.

Rating: 68

aPjKAa8.jpg

Sam Keith would help Toma up as "The Stone Cold Killer" Edd Stone stood at the top of the ramp. Keith would take a microphone and tell Stone; "You know I may be a bit older, I wrestled your Dad back in the day when I was starting out. I see some of him in you, but your disrespectful attitude was something that Dan Stone would have never appreciated. You dishonour your father's memory, and I'm going to beat that respect back into you. You have your match."

Stone would just laugh. "My dad never got me, but it doesn't matter. He's gone, and you're going to be next. When I take down the Legendary Sam Keith it'll launch me into super stardom and I'll be able to challenge for the top prize...Tick Tock...Tick Tock...What's that? It's the clock running out on you Sam Keith..." with that Stone would run towards the ring before stopping and turning around, walking back to the back instead.

</div>

Match 2 - Tournament Match

XUG66K5.jpg VS tPJqb3g.jpg

Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs Black Cobra

Hyobanshi told Cobra he would accept surrender at the beginning of the match to spare him. Cobra disagreed, to great cheers from the crowd, and the two had a fairly decent match. Hyobanshi targetted the legs and stomach of Cobra, not focusing on the injured shoulder as his opponents had, but instead respecting that his greatest weapon was his high flying ability. Cobra would hack away at Hyobanshi's legs and arms with kicks, trying to take away his striking power, but the strength of Hyobanshi would end up becoming insurmountable for the injured Stone brother. Hyobanshi would take Cobra out of the match and the tournament with a Nova Bomb Redux for the pinfall, bowing to him at the conclusion of the match as the crowd cheered on the popular masked Canadian for his tenacity. Hyobanshi moves to 8 points, Cobra stays at 2.

Winner: Toshiharu Hyobanshi

Finish: Nova Bomb Redux for the pinfall.

Rating: 80

</div>

Match 3

VewEEu4.jpgE2KZXH4.jpgMuD4tn5.jpg

VS

WKbjwUC.jpgiGHEsna.jpgSDblP1d.jpg

Lionheart vs Kensai

This match picked up the pace of the show a bit as several of the top juniors in the company faced off. Cameron Vessey seemed like the odd man out for the majority of this high paced intense match, but that didn't stop him from completely turning Masked Cougar inside out with a Lariat and throwing MYSTIC Dragom completely across the ring when he got tagged into the match. It was a great chance for Vessey to display his excellent strength and natural ability as the smaller wrestlers had to combine forces to get him out of the match, the three of them all hitting him with missile drop kicks before throwing him out of the ring as Razan Okamoto took his place. Okamoto would clear the ring and take hold of the veteran Masked Cougar, taking him up for a Brainbuster Suplex as Pretty Okakura made sure his team couldn't get close to make the save for the pinfall.

Winners: Kensai

Finish: Okamoto hits Masked Cougar with a Brainbuster Suplex for the pinfall.

Rating: 91

</div>

Match 4 - Tournament Match

beVibY6.jpg VS vLooSbC.jpg

Velocidad looked off his game from the start, clearly still inside his own head after the loss at the hands of Jay Chord last week. His knee was taped up after the assault, which simply presented a target for the hungry young Taku to chase after. It also made it more difficult for Velocidad to execute his arial assault, which led to a mismatch against the big brawler. He did as well as he could against the youngster, but Taku's assault was too much to overcome for the injured Velocidad. The match ended when Taku took Velocidad up and put him a way with the Full Nelson Bomb. Taku moves to 4 points, Velocidad stays at 4 points.

Winner: Yoshinaka Taku

Finish: Full Nelson Bomb for the Pinfall

Rating: 89

</div>

Match 5

ARzIe1l.jpgJX6Q8U1.jpg VS FX9dTTm.jpgQTNQIjp.jpg

The hungry young twins from the USA came into this match looking like they had something to prove. As Ronin took to the rope before the match to pander to the crowd, the Gauge brothers assaulted them from behind, hitting both with gorgeous suplexes and setting the pace for the rest of the match. Not much to be said about this one expect that the heels kept a solid hold on the match for the whole time, the odd breakout spot for Scarlet and White Samurai generally being thwarted by the sharp Gauges. They would put the match away by putting both men into the Proton Lock in the middle of the ring, the legal opponent White Samurai being the one to tap to Matthew Keith.

Winners: The Gauge Brothers

Finish: Matthew Keith makes White Samurai tap to the Proton Lock

Rating: 98

</div>

Match 6 - Tournament Match

gpbJopF.jpg VS It24MnR.jpg

Furusawa looked annoyed with the young Jay Chord from the offset, and it led to quite the beating on the Prodigy. Many people speculated that this was a real fight, as Chord has been rumoured to have shot on Velocidad the previous round. Furusawa beat the piss out of the youngster, whipping him from rope to rope, bell to bell, causing blood to pour out of his nose and giving him a black eye. Jay Chord tried to mount a comeback several times, or looked to the referee to stop the match, but Tsurimi didn't seem to notice as the beating continued. Uncomfortable to watch, but still drawing cheers from the crowd, Furusawa drew the beating out for twenty four minutes before finally sinching in a very painful looking Furusawa Armbar, to which Jay Chord tapped instantly. Furusawa kept it locked in for a few extra seconds for good measure before leaving the youngster to think on his actions in the middle of the ring.

Winner: Mabuchi Furusawa

Finish: Furusawa Armbar for the submission.

Rating: 81

</div>

Main Event

ho4zv82.jpg664fjvS.jpg VS 3SUTWvH.jpgULIYgUJ.jpg

In a truly excellent match to offset a somewhat odd show for BCG, Torii and Narato started in the ring, Narato trying to lock up with the young Torii, but Torii not allowing him to grab hold as he laid into him with rapid fire chops. He would keep the superior grappler reeling until Narato managed to grab hold of his arm, pitting him into an armbar and slowing things down. Narato would begin to wrestle with the youngster, putting him into holds and throwing him around the ring until tagging in his tag team partner Miata. The two of them would hit Torii with a Double Brainbuster and Maita would go for the pin, which would be broken up by Takayuri 2000. Takayuri would drag Torii into his corner and tag himself in, launching himself at the Junior wrestlers and hitting both with a double Lariat. The action would continue to be back and forth for nearly a half hour until the four men would begin to trade finishers, the finish coming after Narato had hit Torii with a Stunner and turned around to be lpked into the Persian Deathlock by Takayuri 2000 and forced to tap out.

Winners: Takayuri 2000 & Torii

Finish: Takayuri 2000 makes Narato tap out to a Persian Deathlock.

Rating: 99

Show Rating: 97

</div>

Post Show Comments

Velocidad: I still have a chance to win this tournament. You just watch, I'll slay the giant next week.

Yoshinaka Taku: I'm in a position where I have the potential to move to the final, and I'll take full advantage of it.

Toshiharu Hyobanshi: My spot is locked in, I'm looking forward to seeing who my opponent will be.

Mabuchi Furusawa.: Sorry Taku, I'm going to be ending your run next week and facing Hyobanshi in the final.

Black Cobra: I won't give up just because of a small injury. I might be out of the tournament, but I still have one more match. I'm going to make it count.

Jay Chord was unavaiable for comment, it seems he left the building as soon as his match was finished.

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

MZ5nmF7.jpg

BCG Challengers Series day 5

Main Event

Star Studs vs Black House

Match 6

Yoshinaka Taku vs Mabuchi Furusawa

Match 5

RAGE (Nariaki Hitomi, Tsurayuki Kamachi, Bussho Makiguchi & Chojiro Kitoaji) vs BAKUHATSU (Magnum Kobe, Emerald Angel, Dark Optimus & Elemental IV)

Match 4

Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs Velocidad

Match 3

Lionheart (Hiroyasu Gakusha, Kiminobu Kuroki and Omezo Shikitei) vs PRIDE (Kozue Kawashima, PRIDE Koiso and Crimson Dragon)

Match 2

Black Cobra vs Jay Chord

Opening Match

ELITE 2000 (Bunrakuken Torii, Kadonomaro Kamisaka and Koji Kojima) vs Kensai (Eisaku Hoshino, Mito Miwa and Funakoshi)

</div>

BCG Challengers Series day 6

Main Event

The Kingdom (Total Eclipse & Star Studs) vs RAGE (Demolition & KitaGuchi)

Match 5

ELITE 2000 (Takayuri 2000 & The Machines) vs BAKUHATSU (Magnum Kobe & Future Shock)

Match 4

Kawashima & Koiso vs Risky Business

Match 3

Black House vs Team Breakdown

Match 2

Funakoshi & Okakura vs Gakusha & MYSTIC Dragon

Opening Match

PRIDE (Yakuza & Acid II) VS BAKUHATSU (Prodigy & Emerald Angel)

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

Day 5

RAGE (Nariaki Hitomi, Tsurayuki Kamachi, Bussho Makiguchi & Chojiro Kitoaji) vs BAKUHATSU (Magnum Kobe, Emerald Angel, Dark Optimus & Elemental IV)
Lionheart (Hiroyasu Gakusha, Kiminobu Kuroki and Omezo Shikitei) vs PRIDE (Kozue Kawashima, PRIDE Koiso and Crimson Dragon)
Black Cobra vs Jay Chord
ELITE 2000 (Bunrakuken Torii, Kadonomaro Kamisaka and Koji Kojima) vs Kensai (Eisaku Hoshino, Mito Miwa and Funakoshi)

Day 6

ELITE 2000 (Takayuri 2000 & The Machines) vs BAKUHATSU (Magnum Kobe & Future Shock)

Day 5

Black Cobra vs Jay Chord

Day 6

Great show Chisoku!

Day 5

Black Cobra vs Jay Chord

Day 6

Jay Chord's character and storyline is MONEY. This must be the first time ever I actually bother to keep tabs on this guy, excellent booking/writing!

Day 5

Black Cobra vs Jay Chord

Day 6

MZ5nmF7.jpg

The Challengers Series 2016 Day 5

Kiyoisha Tokuoka and Takeji Komagata call the action from their announcers table and run down the card for the evening.

</div>

Opening Match

664fjvS.jpg9ChWq5I.jpgPTqrzmD.jpg

VS

4EdwQrc.jpgOGeAp1h.jpgXFJvPGN.jpg

Elite 2000 vs Kensai

A good mix of the past, present and future here, with phenominal performances from several of the members. While Kojima and Miwa were rarely used in their match, they put over the younger stars well, selling their moves to make them look like stars. The most impressive momentin the match was when Torii and Funakoshi met in the middle of the ring and began to lay into one another with chops, the rapid fire chops of Torii matched by the tremendous toughness and tenacity of Funakoshi. Torii's Machine partner would be laid out on the floor and he would have to tag in Koji Kojima when he needed a break, at which point Miwa took out Torii and Funakoshi hit the Butterfly Backbreaker on Kohima for the pinfall victory for his team.

Winners: Kensai

Finish: Funakoshi hits a Butterfly Backbreaker on Koji Kojima for the pin.

</div>

Match 2 - Tournament Match

tPJqb3g.jpg VS gpbJopF.jpg

Black Cobra vs Jay Chord

Cobra extended his hand for the youngster in the middle of the ring, something that Jay Chord elected to slap away. The consumate professional Black Cobra would begin to lay into the youngster with chops and kicks, which Chord would proceed to completely no sell, performing his own strikes and moves on Cobra which he would continue to sell for the majority of the match. After about ten minutes of Chord completely no selling Cobra's offense you could audibly hear him shout at the youngster "What the hell is your problem?" Before completely unloading on him. The far stronger Duane Stone grabbed ahold of Jay Chord and used his background in amateur wrestling to get Chord onto the ground before putting him into the Alabaster Agony submission, the referee coming over to watch as Cobra would say something to him. Chord was seen tapping out, but the referee wouldn't call for the bell to be rung, allowing the young wrestler to pass out before calling for the end of the match.

Winner: Black Cobra

Finish: Alabaster Agony until he went unconscious.

Rating: 83

After Cobra left the ring Chord would grab onto his shoulder and take a microphone, telling everyone in the crown "You are all feeding into this bullshit? You think that what they're doing is okay? I'm the greatest wrestler of a generation! They're trying to push me down." The crowd would boo him as he spoke english to them, maybe the only reason his microphone wasn't cut off. "Well all of you will be robbed of my greatness. I'm never coming back to this shithole promotion. If I ever come back to this terrible country, it'll be with Burning Hammer, a place where they appreciate greatness." With that he'd throw the microphone on the ground and walk out of the ring, and presumably the building.

</div>

Match 3

Dt8NQM2.jpg8MHT08o.jpgxSUPLhK.jpg

VS

OCWOeb2.jpgv71IATW.jpgLPDHVGC.jpg

Lionheart vs PRIDE

Crimson Dragon seemed like he had something to prove early on, starting the match off against Hiroyasu Gakusha, which was a bit of a mistake. Gakusha beat him up and down the ring, smashing him with strikes and throwing him all over the place, not allowing the high flyer a chance to mount any offence. Dragon would be forced into the corner of Lionheart, The three men there taking turns whipping and stomping him. He would finally manage to escape by countering an irish whip and throwing Shikitei into Kuroki and flying back to his corner, tagging in the Wrestler of the Year for 2015, PRIDE Koiso, who burst into the match like a whirlwind, delivering strikes, throws and kicks to everyone in his way. The match would end when Koiso would seperate Gakusha from his team and he and Kawashima would hit him with a double brainbuster before Kawashima took him back up for a Kawashima Driver 2005 for the pin and the win.

Winners: PRIDE

Finish: Kozue Kawashima pins Gakusha after a Kawashima Driver 2005

Rating: 95

</div>

Match 4 - Tournament Match

XUG66K5.jpg VS beVibY6.jpg

Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs Velocity

Velocidad looked better tonight than his previous two matches, clearly fired up for the chance to advance in the tournament. He would use his superior speed in order to attempt to keep Hyobanshi off of his feet, but it all turn around when he would go to the top rope and try for a flying double foot stomp which Hyobanshi would roll away from. The impact would go through Velicidad's leg and aggrivate the knee injury he had suffered at the hands of Jay Chord. This was all the opening Hyobanshi needed. He would not go too hard on the young wrestler, but he would attack when he was weak, and put him away quickly with a Nova Bomb Redux for the pinfall. Velicidad is eliminated from the tournamnent, and the next match will determine Hyobanshi's opponent.

Winner: Toshiharu Hyobanshi

Finish: Nova Bomb redux for the pin

</div>

Match 5

VoJzcPP.jpghTsYfGV.jpgcpXaMkY.jpgeIIF65A.jpg

VS

FLrRW5I.jpgGuxpXGi.jpgWHNLKaK.jpgOw4k5d0.jpg

RAGE vs BAKUHATSU

This was an intense action packed affair from bell to bell. Unfortunately there was too much action to do justice to a summarization here, but a few key points happened when KitoGuchi were beating up on Elemental IV and Emerand Angel flew from corner to corner to save him, taking out both members of KitoGuchi with an insane Moonsault. Demolition would then come into the ring as Kamachi tool him up for a powerbomb while Hitomi hit him with a reverse double knee face breaker, the move they've come to refer to as The Plunge. Emerald Angel would spend the majority of the rest of the match on the outside. Elemental IV and Dark Optimus would get Kitoaji into their corner and hit him with a sick double super kick before Kobe tagged in and hit a massive running knee before putting Kitoaji into the Magnum Deathlock as Prodigy kept RAGE at bay until Kitoaji tapped out.

Winners: BAKUHATSU

Finish: Magnum Kobe submits Chojiro Kitoaji with a Magnum Deathlock.

Rating: 94

</div>

Match 6 - Tournament Match

vLooSbC.jpg VS It24MnR.jpg

In the most important match of the tournament so far, one that would determine who would face Hyobanshi for the Challenger Series Medallion at Lion's Roar, Mabuchi Furusawa and Yoshinaka Taku left it all in the ring. It wasn't a pretty match by any means, but it was an all out slugfest. Taku threw chop after chop and elbow after elbow, Mabuchi taking the majority of the punishment early on until he caught one of the elbows and put Taku into a chickenwing, beginning to soften the arm and shoulder of his opponent to soften him up for his Furusawa Armbar. The fiery youngster wouldn't give up though, and would stay resiliant and scrappy until the end, suffering through an amazing two minutes of the Furusawa Armbar before being forced to submit. Mabuchi Furusawa celebrated in the ring befire Toshiharu Hyobanshi made his way into the ring to stare down his opponent for The Lion's Roar and the history making first ever Challenger's Medallion match.

Finish: Furusawa Armbar for the submission.

Rating: 81

</div>

Main Event

lUMn5Mi.jpgM77RP4G.jpg VS 3SUTWvH.jpgULIYgUJ.jpg

A fitting Main Event to an excellent show, two of the greatest Junior Heavyweight Tag Teams in not just the company, but the entire world, faced off in a complete barnburner. The aggressive Edd Stone went on the assault early, crashing into Mokuami Maita and sending him reeling as he forced him into the corner and continued to lay into him until the referee forced him away. Maita would spend much of the first quarter of the match in the corner of Marquez and Stone, each taking their turns stomping away before tagging in their partners. Eventually they would hit him with a german suplex into a backbreaker which was disturbing to watch before going for the pin, which Kazuma Narato would break up before taking the fight to his opponents, helping Maita buy some time to get his breath back. Narato would end up tagging in and narrowly avoiding a stunner from Marquez. The action would only pick up from there, with the four men being evenly matched right up until the end where Black House managed to toss Stone from the ring after he missed a high risk move and got Marquez into their Double Brainbuster finisher as Maita pinned him for the win.

Winners: Black House

Finish: Mokuami Maita defeats Antonio Marquez after a Double Brainbuster.

Mokumi Maita points out to the heels that he and his partner had earned a title shot tonight, but they weren't going to waste it right away. They wanted to meet them at the end of April at Challengers Series. The champs had better be ready.

Show Rating: 98

</div>

Post Show Comments

Velocidad: I blew it, there's nothing else to say. I'll learn from this experience...

Yoshinaka Taku: Am I disappointed I lost tonight? Sure I am. But I'm twenty four years old. And there's still the A-1 later in the year. I'll get my shot soon enough!

Toshiharu Hyobanshi: Velocidad put up a good fight, it's too bad he was injured. Now to focus on Furusawa. I've beat him once already, but anything can happen.

Mabuchi Furusawa.: This time I won't lose to you Hyobanshi. I'll be wearing that medallion at Lion Rises.

Black Cobra: Jay Chord learned a lesson tonight. I'm not upset that he won't be back, but if he comes back I'll be ready for him.

Jay Chord was filmed giving the camera the finger and telling them to go to hell and to do something else that I will not repeat here

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

MZ5nmF7.jpg

The Challengers Series 2016 Day 6

Kiyoisha Tokuoka and Takeji Komagata call the action from their announcers table for the gome home tour night before The Lion Rises on Sunday.

</div>

Opening Match

b6jFDH1.jpgyb9YmDp.jpgQM83rgx.jpg

VS

WHNLKaK.jpgOw4k5d0.jpgGuxpXGi.jpg

PRIDE vs BAKUHATSU

The boys from BAKUHATSU were firing on all cylinders tonight, the momentum they've been building over the past few weeks carrying them forward as they completely destroyed Acid II throughout the match. The young competator was clearly outclassed by everyone else in the match and it really showed. Yakuza would attempt to keep him as safe as possible for the majority of the match, managing to swing the momentum towards them once or twice, but when Acid tagged back in and missed a high risk move, Emerald Angel took advantage instantly, hitting the top rope and doing an insane Angel's Grace II 720 Splash on him to put him away for the pinfall. Yakuza stayed in the ring to help their fallen companion up as BAKUHATSU celebrated their way to the back.

Winners: BAKUHATSU

Finish: Emerald Angel hits an Angel's Grace II on ACID II for the pin.

</div>

Match 2

XFJvPGN.jpgiGHEsna.jpg VS Dt8NQM2.jpgMuD4tn5.jpg

A fun little showdown, MYSTIC Dragon and Kiyohira "Pretty" Okakura started things off in the ring for a high paced car crash of a match. The two young hogh flyers showcased exactly why everyone was so excited for the future of the

Junior Heavyweight division in BCG, and that didn't change when Funakoshi and Gakusha faced off with one another either, putting on a total slugfest and punishing one another until both men could barely stand. The match ended when Okakura hit a Pelee Kick on Gakusha before tagging in Funakoshi and clearing Dragon off of the corner, Funakoshi hitting Gakusha with the Butterfly Backbreaker for the pinfall.

Winner: Funakoshi & Okakura

Finish: Funakoshi hit Gakusha with a Butterfly Backbreaker for the pin.

Rating: 85

</div>

Match 3

3SUTWvH.jpgULIYgUJ.jpg vs 4EdwQrc.jpgOGeAp1h.jpg

After securing a win over the Junior Tag Title holders, Black House looked to continue their momentum in a match against Team Breakdown. The legendary Mito Miwa decided to start things off, a move that proved to be unwise as Black House took him out of the match early on, taking him into their corner and stomping him constantly before hitting him with the double brainbuster. Hoshino would make his way into the match and throw the two younger men around the ring, hitting suplex after suplex on both men before the numbers game caught up to him. The writing was on the wall for Team Breakdown as Miwa was looked over by medical personel as Black House hit Hoshino with another Double Brainbuster and Narato put him away with a pinfall.

Winners: Black House

Finish: Kazuma NArato pins Eisaku Hoshino after a Double Brainbuster.

</div>

Match 4

v71IATW.jpgOCWOeb2.jpg VS Ypy4rHL.jpgARzIe1l.jpg

The Tag Team of the Year and World Tag Team champions brought the fight right to the hungry pairing Risky Business as Edward Cornell and Greg Gauge looked to earn a future title shot of their own. Many times it looked like the champs were gaining the advantage, but one member of Risky Business would distract the referee while the other would rake the eyes, or hit a low blow, or something alone those lines on their opponents, the heels keeping their opponent's on their toes all night. Things finally turned around when PRIDE Koiso managed to deliver a thunderous Lariat to Edward Cornell before throwing him out of the ring. He would tag in Kawashima who would take Greg Gauge up for a Kawashima Driver 2005 after Koiso put him dow nwith another lariat. A pinfall followed as PRIDE walked away with the victory tonight.

Winner: Kawashima & Koiso

Finish: Kozue Kawashima pins Greg Gauge after a Kawashima Driver 2005

</div>

Match 5

ho4zv82.jpg664fjvS.jpg9ChWq5I.jpg

VS

FLrRW5I.jpguhaYVmk.jpgY92vFLP.jpg

ELITE 2000 vs BAKUHATSU

Takayuri 2000 and The Machines looked to take full advantagte of this last chance to gain more momentum ahead of their title matchs at The Lion Rises. Kobe and Future Shock looked to play spoiler to them. A great match as Torii was given the chance to shine for his team, taking the fight to all three of his opponents. His rapid fire chops left each man reeling before he tagged in Takayuri to give him a chance at Kobe ahead of their match on Sunday. Kobe would hit a massive Super Kick on Takayuri, not letting him take full advantage, but the two of them would slug it out back and forth, Kobe working hard to put his challenger down. The six men continued to have an amazing match, which would end when the Machines managed to isolate Shimpei Hirose from his team, Torii putting him away for the three count after an insane Spinning Forearm Smash that spelled lights out for Hirose.

Winners: ELITE 2000

Finish: Bunrakunen Torii pins Shimpei Hirose after a Spinning Forearm Smash.

</div>

Main Event

nRhNi8A.jpga1wqzfi.jpga1wqzfi.jpgaPjKAa8.jpg

VS

VoJzcPP.jpghTsYfGV.jpgeIIF65A.jpgcpXaMkY.jpg

The Kingdom vs RAGE

What can be said about a match like this? Four of the greatest tag teams in BCG History, eight men who have helped shape the company over the past six years, an amazing match to finish off the go home show before The Lion's Roar. Each team showed its amazing chemistry and experience, hitting amazingly beautiful tag team moves left and right. The four members of The Kingdom would hit each of their competators with stereo Super Kicks, meeting in the center of the ring with a four way fist touch before all four of them hit stereo suicide dives onto their opponents. RAGE managed a beautiful move where they Irish Whipped each of the four members of The Kingdom across the ring, not having them collide, and hitting each of them with either a lariat or a big boot. The match would completely break down with moves left and right uand finish teases which would end finally when Marquez would hit a Latino Stunner on Chojiro Kitoaji. The Kingdom would stand tall, putting their fists together once more in the middle of the ring as the three champions and the Young Wrestler of the Year stood tall to end off the show.

Winner: The Kingdom

Finish: Marquez hits a Latino Stunner on Kitoaji for the pin

Show Rating: 98

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

DarK_RaideR Day 5 - 5/7 Day 6 - 4/6

Siah463 Day 5 - 5/7 Day 6 - 2/6

Joshbrady91 Day 5 - 2/7 Day 6 - 4/6

DarK_RaideR overall had the most picks correct. Pick a tag team on the roster to do a spotlight on!

Jay Chord's character and storyline is MONEY. This must be the first time ever I actually bother to keep tabs on this guy, excellent booking/writing!

I'm glad you've been enjoying it. I was explaining it to my friend yesterday and I got really excited when I read your comment this morning.

MZ5nmF7.jpg

x8up9nO.jpgfnaimrZ.jpgeeyrOZ6.jpg

BCG: The Lion Rises

</div>

Main Event - BCG Openweight Title

FLrRW5I.jpgIgEiejL.jpgho4zv82.jpg

Magnum Kobe © vs Takayuri 2000

A match earned when Takayuri 2000 pinned Magnum Kobe last year, The Future of GCG challenges the Ace of WLW for the BCG Openweight Title

</div>

Match 5 - Challenger's Medallion Match

It24MnR.jpg8kWyhWm.jpgXUG66K5.jpg

Mabuchi Furusawa vs Toshiharu Hyobanshi

Hyobanshi went undefeated throughout the tournament, while Furusawa fought his way back from behind to this spot. Will Hyobanshi get the clean sweep or will Furusawa complete his comeback in the first ever Challenger Medallion round robin tournament?

</div>

Match 4 - World Tag Team Titles

v71IATW.jpgOCWOeb2.jpgaK3ivrF.jpg664fjvS.jpg9ChWq5I.jpg

Kawashima & Koiso © vs The Machines

Nobody has been hotter than The Machines recently, a fact they proved last December by pinning the Tag Team of the Year and earning a World Tag Team Title match. Will they complete their destiny and ascend to the top of the mountain? Or will the Tag Team of the Year prove to be too much for them.

</div>

Match 3 - National Title

qx2aNQ9.jpgNSd8u97.jpgWKbjwUC.jpg

SUKI © vs Razan Okamoto

Two rising stars in the company. SUKI has been on a tear recently, where as Okamoto has been consistently solid for the past six years on BCG. Who takes home the win?[/i]

</div>

Match 2 - Round 2 Preview

eIIF65A.jpg5joiGS2.jpgVewEEu4.jpg

VS

ARzIe1l.jpgUkw28f6.jpgRXbCOrT.jpg

Kitoaji, Miyamoto & Fox Mask vs Gauge, Marihito & Toshuusai

In a preview of the tournament for the second Challenger's Medallion, the six competitors will take one another on tonight!

</div>

Opening Match - Grudge Match

aPjKAa8.jpg VS vnhCI6y.jpg

Edd Stone vs Sam Keith

"The Stone Cold Killer" Edd Stone has promised to not only retire Sam Keith, but to end him tonight. Keith has told Stone that his is disrespectful and he's going to beat that respect back into him. Will the veteran win tonight, or will the Black Sheep of the Stone Family make true on his promise.

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

Magnum Kobe(c) vs Takayuri 2000
Kawashima & Koiso(c) vs The Machines
SUKI (c) vs Razan Okamoto
Edd Stone vs Sam Keith

MZ5nmF7.jpg

A quick news update;

It seems Sam Keith and Calvin King, the upper management of Black Canvas Grappling, have been busy wheeling and dealing and getting all kinds of deals hashed out...

Calvin King is said to have sat down with several company owners he had flown into BCG Network Headquarters in Osaka, Japan and come to an agreement.

Calvin King of Black Canvas Grappling

nRhNi8A.jpgeeyrOZ6.jpg

Larry Vessey of Canadian Strong Style Pro Wrestling

utwfMLJ.jpggpEftIc.jpg

Pee Wee Germain of Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation

uybYv63.jpgt5VT1Mr.jpg

Luis Monteiro of Comite Internacional de Lucha Libre

atojR8J.jpgjHK9oon.jpg

Sensational Ogiwara of EXODUS 2010

cWtS9VW.jpgdu3YYsc.jpg

Stunner Okazawaya of Hinote Dojo

zV6Ygr4.jpgDDWh4vn.jpg

DEVIL Karube of Japanese Women's Wrestling

ypzE1b3.jpgEQ95dw6.jpg

Silver Shark of Junior Heavyweight Pro Wrestling

ESomcKN.jpgNcfwX4B.jpg

Rip Chord of Mid Atlantic Wrestling

m8aTQLz.jpgKfnhYUt.jpg

Danger Kumasaka of Pro Wrestling SAISHO

rQ1RTLu.jpg3v4TmC0.jpg

Professer Nero of Rhode Island Pro Wrestling

aNZtrbP.jpgXssfm1R.jpg

Yoshifusa Maeda of White Canvas Grappling

bar8ZSy.jpg1J4sQrv.jpg

The men and women in this meeting came to the agreement to start the LIONHEART Wrestling Alliance, which is an alliance that works under a working agreement with the hope of showcasing the best wrestling across the world through the abilities to trade talent with one another. Along with this, King proposed having five of the titles that his company owned from their purchasing of different company assets used as titles for the alliance. These Titles are;

peqS4Oh.jpg

LIONHEART World Heavyweight Championship (formerly GCG World Heavyweight)

XEECxHk.jpg

LIONHEART World Junior Heavyweight Championship (Formerly WCG Junior Heavyweight)

uDDMwIc.jpg

LIONHEART World Women's Championship (Formerly 5SSW World Champion)

Zd3BZaW.jpg

LIONHEART World Tag Team Championship (Formerly GCG World Tag Team)

MHSESSj.jpg

LIONHEART World Women's Tag Team Championship (Formerly 5SSW Tag Team)

These five titles will be able to be defended between any people on any show from any company in the alliance.

The second meeting was between Three Superpowers in the wrestling world.

vs1ZgGk.jpgeeyrOZ6.jpgNAtb0Nh.jpg

f194Hmx.jpgvnhCI6y.jpgKZVwRaj.jpg

Sam Keith invited Dan Stone Jr of Royal Canadian Wrestling (the former North of the Border Pro Wrestling) and Tommy Cornell of Total Championship Wrestling to sit down. The three men worked out working agreements between the three companys. The companies are currently the numbers one (BCG), three (TCW) and six (RCW) in the world. This can only strengthen all three of them going forward. These are exciting times for Black Canvas Grappling, and we're happy we can break it to you here on the BCG Network!

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

Stealing all kinds of portraits and logos!

Magnum Kobe© vs Takayuri 2000

I'd normally go with Taka, but Kobe needs that belt more to stay relevant. Taka will probably go for the heavyweight championship

Tough call, Furusawa could get payback to complete his come from behind underdog Cinderella story but I figure Hyobanshi has more upside in being built up for an eventual title shot

Kawashima & Koiso© vs The Machines

Torii probably gonna fare better as a singles star

SUKI © vs Razan Okamoto

Edd Stone vs Sam Keith

MZ5nmF7.jpg

x8up9nO.jpgfnaimrZ.jpgeeyrOZ6.jpg

BCG: The Lion Rises

Kiyoisha Tokuoka and Takeji Komagata call the action from their announcers table, mentioning that this is a historic night for a couple of reasons. They say that this is the first major event that will be shown on the BCG Network, and will be first time a Challenger's Medallion will be fought for. They talk up all of the matches up and down the card.

</div>

Opening Match - Grudge Match

aPjKAa8.jpg VS vnhCI6y.jpg

Edd Stone vs Sam Keith

The music and entrence of Edd Stone drew insane amounts of boos from the crowd as the disrespectful Stone brother made his way to the ring, hair pulled back and face painted. He leaned in his corner and watched as Sam Keith made his way down thewrds the ring, the legend meeting cheers from the crowd but not playing to them as he focused intently on Stone. Unfortunately for Sam Keith, he was very clearly outclassed in every way against the younger worker in the ring. His age was holding him back and Edd Stone not only took advantage, but he pushed that advantage into the realm of excessive force.

Sam Keith was barely allowed to get any offence in throughout the entire match as Stone laid into him with viscious kicks and forearm strikes. bruising and battering the older man to the boos of the crowd. He would slap Keith's hjead when he was on his knees and brush his boot off on his face when he was down in the corner after having hit him with a running knee, not resorting to his general high flying offence at all as he didn't feel the need to pull out his big moves. He likely could have won the match after a few minutes, but he refused to put a pin or submission on Sam Keith until he was sufficiently beaten, instead choosing to continue his assault. Eventually Keith would no longer be able to stand, mostly not moving at all, before Stone would hit his Party's Over on him and pin him by putting a foot on his chest as the referee counted. After the bell he would kick Keith in the side once more for good measure and spit on him before leaving the arena, Sam Keith being stretchered out and the boos completely deafening.

Winner: Edd Stone

Finish: Party's Over for the Pin

Rating: 75

</div>

Match 2 - Round 2 Preview

eIIF65A.jpg5joiGS2.jpgVewEEu4.jpg

VS

ARzIe1l.jpgUkw28f6.jpgRXbCOrT.jpg

All six men involved in this match looked like they had something to prove out there, and tried to gain some momentum ahead of the tournament. It was a back and forth affair the entire time, each man impressing the crowd with his prowess. When Fox Mask and Marihito met in the ring they stole the show, the two juniors working as hard to show up all of the Heavyweights as they could. The crowd was on their feet as the high flyers bumped their ways around the ring, Marihito tagging Greg Gauge in finally, who would catch Fox Mask mid air and toss him so hard the crowd gave an audible gasp. Fox Mask would tag in Eien Miyamoto who would burst in a d rush for a Lariat, which Gauge would counter beautifully into a Proton Lock, causing Miyamoto to tap out.

Winners: Gauge, Marihito & Toshusai

Finish: Gauge makes Miyamoto tap to the Proton Lock

</div>

Match 3 - National Title

qx2aNQ9.jpgNSd8u97.jpgWKbjwUC.jpg

SUKI © vs Razan Okamoto

The National Champion SUKI was all business going into this match against someone who is in the same position in this company that he was years ago in GCG. Razan Okamoto was fired up for this match, the youngster looking very impressive against a man in the prime of his career. Both men looked absolutely fantastic tonight, Okamoto using his speed to his advantage, while SUKI took it to him with thunderous strikes, strikes that Okamoto took in stride, telling the champion to hit him harder with each. The two would exchange elbows and chops, going back and forth until Okamoto became staggered, at which point SUKI ran toe ropes to hit him with a running Lariat. Okamoto managed to duck out of the way of this move and took a swift kick at SUKI's shins, making him stumble. He would go to take SUKI up for the Brainbuster Suplex, but SUKI would get out of it, at which point the two began to trade finisher teases back and forth before SUKI would finally catch Okamoto with a Mountain SUKI before locking in the SUKI Special III for the submission victory to retain his title.

Winner: SUKI

Finish: SUKI Special III for the submission.

</div>

Match 4 - World Tag Team Titles

v71IATW.jpgOCWOeb2.jpgaK3ivrF.jpg664fjvS.jpg9ChWq5I.jpg

Kawashima & Koiso © vs The Machines

In one of the most anticipated matches of the night, and one that was expected to steal the show, the Tag Team of the Year took on the hungry young challengers over the World Tag Team championships, titles that had become just as prestigous in their history as any main event title in BCG. This match managed to stay a tight and impressive matchup all the way through, with the experience of both teams really showing as they worked together as two completely cohesive units. The Machines went out there on the night to prove that they were the best tag team in the company as Serene K took the fight directly to PRIDE Koiso, showing him that he wasn't going to let his opponent intimidate him. What followed was a stunning display of strikes and throws, Koiso eventually gaining the upper hand and wrestling Serene K into his corner as The Machine Gun watched on while his partner began to be worked over by their opponents. Kamisaka would be stomped away at, chopped, and taken up for a massive double powerbomb before being covered, at which point Torii would explode in and break it up, hitting Koiso with a belly to back suplex directly into the ringpost before going after Kozue Kawashima. Serene K would hit a massive DDT onto Kawashima before throwing him into his own corner, tagging in Torii before holding Kawashima on his shoulders as Torii hit a flying forearm on him. Koiso would come back in the ring as Serene K would Lariat him directly over the rope. Torii would pick Kawashima up off of the matt and give him an insane Spinning Forearm Smash, making the champion see stars and rolling him up for a very tight three count for the win. Serene K would join his partner in the ring and hug him before the former champions would grab the belts and make their way into the ring, the Machines ready to fight once more, before Kawashima and Koiso handed them the titles and raised their hands, the crowd exploding with cheers from the amazing showcase they had just witnessed.

Winners: The Machines

Finish: Torii hits Kawashima with a Spinning Forearm Smash for the pin

</div>

Match 5 - Challenger's Medallion Match

It24MnR.jpg8kWyhWm.jpgXUG66K5.jpg

Hyobanshi and Furusawa meet in the middle of the ring and are shown the newly minted Challenger Medallion. They shake hands in a show of mutual respect before the bell wins and the two heavyweight contenders engage in a hard hitting afair not to be missed. Furusawa tried to turn it into a wrestling showcase as Hyobanshi tried to keep it as a striking match, often going on tyrades on his opponent before Furusawa would catch him and throw him to the ground or the corner. Hyobanshi kept the advantage early, turning Furusawa completely red with strikes to his chest and collar bone before Furusawa turned the tides by irish whipping Hyobanshi into the corner and lifting him up for an insane Superplex. The action would go back and forth for nearly a half hour until Hyobanshi looked to finish it by bouncing off of the ropes for a massive lariat to set up his Nova Bomb Redux. Furusawa would manage to counter his Lariat and put him into the Furusawa Armbar, which would cause Hyobanshi to tap out for the submission victory.

Furusawa would help Hyobanshi to his feet as Masayuki Shiga would make his way out to the ring with the Challenger Series medal and put it around Furusawa's neck, setting him for a date at BCG Challenger Series in the first ever triple threat match in company history for the Challenger Series title.

Finish: Furusawa Armbar for the submission

Rating: 96

</div>

Main Event - BCG Openweight Title

FLrRW5I.jpgIgEiejL.jpgho4zv82.jpg

Magnum Kobe © vs Takayuri 2000

AThe main event for the evening is set. Takayuri 2000 and the BCG Openweight Champion Magnum Kobe stand in the ring as streamers are thrown in on them, young lions coming to clear them out before the match begins. The match begins and at the bell Takayuri charges Kobe and takes out his knee, attempting to clip the wings of the high flyer before going to attack his core, trying to soften him up for his Perisian Deathlock. Kobe would fire back with strikes of his own, the two extremely well rounded competators showing off what made them huge stars over the years. It was amazing to see both men pull out all of the stops in a fourty minute classic, the striking, wrestling, and high flying on display from both men tremendously impressive. There was no point where it looked like either man was outclassed by the other, and the nearfalls kept the drama extremely high. When they got into the final stretch of the match and both men were trying to set up finishers the crowd was on its feet the entire time. THe match would end when Takayuri 2000 went to lock in a Peresian Deathlock, which Kobe managed to power through and counter into his rarely used Magnum Deathlock. The Champ was the better man on the night as Takayuri 2000 was forced to tap after being locked in for over a minute. The event ended with Kobe hoisting his Openweight championship over his head and everyone in the crowd going absolutely insane after the phenominal card they had just witnessed.

Winner: Magnum Kobe

Finish: Magnum Deathlock for the submission

Rating: 97

Show Rating: 97

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

MZ5nmF7.jpg

BCG Challengers Series day 7

Main Event

ELITE 2000 (Bunrakuken Torii, Kadonomaro Kamisaka and Masao Tsubouchi) vs RAGE (Nariaki Hitomi, Tsurayuki Kamachi and Commander Kawagishi)

Match 6

Fox Mask vs Greg Gauge

Match 5

Horiaki Nakasawa & Heihachiro Sakai vs Yakuza

Match 4

Eien Miyamoto vs Marihito Masuko

Match 3

Gakusha & Kuroki vs Team Breakdown

Match 2

Chojiro Kitoaji vs Tanyu Toshuasi

Opening Match

Akinori Kwakami, Gidayu Katou, Haranobu Kobayashi and Logan Diaz vs Yasuhide Tayama, Sterling Whitlock, SATO and Tiger Prince

</div>

BCG Challengers Series day 8

Main Event

Star Studs vs Demolition

Match 6

Eien Miyamoto vs Greg Gauge

Match 5

BAKUHATSU (Magnum Kobe, Tsuneyo Yanagimoto and Shimpei Hirose) vs The Syndicate (Tadakuni Toshusai, Mokuami Maita and Kazuma Narato)

Match 4

Chojiro Kitoaji vs Marihito Masuko

Match 3

Prodigy vs Ronin

Match 2

Fox Mask vs Tanyu Toshusai

Opening Match

Munemitsu Senmatsu, Isoruko Arakaki and Azumamaro Shimizu vs Azumamaro Kita, Masa Kurata and Mr. Lucha III

</div>

MZ5nmF7.jpg

Day 7

ELITE 2000 (Bunrakuken Torii, Kadonomaro Kamisaka and Masao Tsubouchi) vs RAGE (Nariaki Hitomi, Tsurayuki Kamachi and Commander Kawagishi)
Fox Mask vs Greg Gauge
Akinori Kwakami, Gidayu Katou, Haranobu Kobayashi and Logan Diaz vs Yasuhide Tayama, Sterling Whitlock, SATO and Tiger Prince

Day 8

Star Studs vs Demolition
BAKUHATSU (Magnum Kobe, Tsuneyo Yanagimoto and Shimpei Hirose) vs The Syndicate (Tadakuni Toshusai, Mokuami Maita and Kazuma Narato)
Prodigy vs Ronin
Munemitsu Senmatsu, Isoruko Arakaki and Azumamaro Shimizu vs Azumamaro Kita, Masa Kurata and Mr. Lucha III 

Day 7

Fox Mask vs Greg Gauge

Day 8

Star Studs vs Demolition

Prodigy vs Ronin

Day 7

Fox Mask vs Greg Gauge

Day 8

Star Studs vs Demolition

Prodigy vs Ronin