Football Soccer simulator

While aything would be better than FM19. Broken mess that it was. A big problem you run into is licence. It would cost an absolute fortune to get the rights to players, clubs, leagues and national teams. Everything would need to be fictional, and then rely on modders to create the real world (and the bias would be incredible). I do not mean this to come across negatively, but GDS are not a big company in terms of creating a fully licensed football manager type game.

While aything would be better than FM19. Broken mess that it was. A big problem you run into is licence. It would cost an absolute fortune to get the rights to players, clubs, leagues and national teams. Everything would need to be fictional, and then rely on modders to create the real world (and the bias would be incredible). I do not mean this to come across negatively, but GDS are not a big company in terms of creating a fully licensed football manager type game.

Oh, no doubt we wouldn't even try to get any sort of "official" license for the teams and all. It would be random/fictional in the game, but of course there would be a modding/player-generated league feature.

While aything would be better than FM19. Broken mess that it was....

I have been a player of FM since it was called Championship Manager. I think the 00/01 version was the one that introduced me to the series. I bought FM2005, WSM2006, WSM2007 and WSM2008. I also bought FM14 via Steam. Trying to find a playable soccer management sim.

I have always, since CM 00/01, thought the AI cheats. Or "has an unfair advantage". Whatever. I have always thought the people on their forum are arrogant and condescending when it comes to helping others understand how to play.

I bought FM14 only because it (finally!!!) has a "can't get fired" option in the stripped-down module. An option I begged for years ago, only to get mercilessly insulted on their forum. You have to pay extra for "can't get fired," but at least it's there.

FM has become more and more cluttered over the years. It is more trouble then it's worth. I wish I could play FM2005 on my computer, but my version of Windows 7 won't run it.

We need a PLAYABLE, EASY-TO-MOD soccer management sim. Every time I suggest one on some forum, everybody tells me "Well, nobody can compete against SI!" But the sim I have in mind would not compete with SI, because the latter has completely wrapped up the "bulky, hyper-complex, impossible to play unless you have no real life at all" segment of the market.

But I'm in my 60s, and I don't expect to see a playable soccer management sim in my lifetime. Oh well.

<p>Personally, I think there is already a lot of soccer management games out there. GDS should focus on less touched topics.</p><p> </p><p>

Even if you exclude Football Manager, there are still:</p><p>

> Soccer Manager</p><p>

> Global Soccer Manager</p><p>

> 90 Minute Fever</p><p>

> Retro Football Boss</p><p>

> Club Manager</p><p>

> Football Club Simulator</p><p>

> New Star Manager</p><p> </p><p>

And that's just the one's I know off - I'm sure there are more out there.</p>

<p>Thanks! I did a very quick lookup of some of the titles you guys mentioned.</p><p> </p><p>

Some of them appear to be apps. I have a couple of apps installed on the tablet my wife gave me recently-- "Be the Manager" and "Cyberfoot." I have no idea if these apps are any good, but I guess they satisfy my soccer management craving for now. </p><p> </p><p>

I was looking for something more substantial for the PC. And I want a management game, not an arcade game where you kick the ball and play out every game with little figures running around. I will examine the games you mentioned more closely. I play FM2014 from time to time, but it's still too darned bulky, and I am still convinced the AI absolutely has a huge advantage vs the human player.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks again!</p>

Thanks! I did a very quick lookup of some of the titles you guys mentioned.

Some of them appear to be apps. I have a couple of apps installed on the tablet my wife gave me recently-- "Be the Manager" and "Cyberfoot." I have no idea if these apps are any good, but I guess they satisfy my soccer management craving for now.

I was looking for something more substantial for the PC. And I want a management game, not an arcade game where you kick the ball and play out every game with little figures running around. I will examine the games you mentioned more closely. I play FM2014 from time to time, but it's still too darned bulky, and I am still convinced the AI absolutely has a huge advantage vs the human player.

Thanks again!

All the games I listed are games available on Steam.