IPW: Changing the Game

d1drbH3.jpgEIrDu4D.jpg

In the five and a half years that John Campbell, better known in the wrestling world as Nemesis, had been working with Gil Thomas, he had come to learn that the millionaire did not believe in separating his businesses. The two men stared out the window of the upper-story office that overlooked the factory floor of his Knitting company, which also served as the base of operations of Invincible Pro Wrestling ever since the falling out with Brother Grimm. Down below, the machines had been covered up and pushed to the far wall, freeing up the space for the yearly New Year's Eve Celebration, Strobe lights flashed periodically from the dance floor and the glass shook from the bass, but they were largely insulated from the festivities outside. Nemesis preferred it that way. His idea of ringing in the new year was far more quieter, with a glass of scotch, so this impromptu meeting suited him just fine.

Gil held his own glass up in the air beside him. "To twenty-fifteen," he said with a flourish. "Now onto twenty-sixteen." It was as simple as that for him.

"To twenty-sixteen," Nemesis replied, sipping at the liquor.

Gil glanced at his business partner, gauging him for a moment. "Are you satisfied with where we're at these days, John?"

After a moment, Nemesis shook his head. "Truth be told, I've never allowed myself to be satisfied in this business. Always thought it was one degree away from complacency." He paused for a second, contemplating his next words. "I do think we need to make some changes, though, be more innovative with our approach. Phil Vilbert, Sadaharu Jimbo, and even that insufferable Allen Packer all changed the landscape with their products. I want us to be able to do the same."

"As long as it makes me some money." Gil said, looking down at the party below. Whether it was wrestlers or wool, the man was always focused on his bottom line before anything else.

"And if it doesn't, at least for a few years?"

"I'll allow it, for a time." A pause. "And after that, if it still hasn't turned around, I'll give you the opportunity to bow out on your own. I respect you enough to not tarnish your legacy that way."

Nemesis took another sip. "I appreciate it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that."

Gil nodded. "Indeed."

Then, the men resume to observe the men and women below in amicable silence. Enjoying their evening, because come the morrow the work began again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: In these last few months before TEW2020 drops, I wanted to give this company a shot. My main inspiration for this save will be Game Changing Wrestling, specifically with their scheduling and their wrestler produced shows (Joey Janela's Spring Break, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport). I think it'll make for a enjoyable and different experience that (hopefully) turns a profit before too long. Reader participation is welcomed and encouraged as always.

Roster

fSqFuzs.jpg3jlZwXz.jpgxDKzGDo.jpg5VzcGsI.jpggVR8odA.jpg

Aldous Blackfriar | Ash Barnaby | Babau | Cali Slick | Deadly Deathshot | E-Z

hM1QVKD.jpgL1jhieU.jpgu4ecUva.jpgSCPr2Yd.jpgp1cTgoc.jpg

E-Z | Fiasco Fierce | Frankie Perez | Frantic Ali | Hellech

zZxqUGm.jpghCdMQRa.jpgElk8ofn.jpgvDtwdk6.jpgj0FK0dm.jpg

Hustle Muvva | Kejii Takano | Lil Henry | Lucas Danger | Lug Phelan

iC2OR2E.jpgXUH2S2b.jpgoDYSfd9.jpgrygzdLo.jpgFbzsGRa.jpg

Masked Stranger | Moroi | Pierrrot | Remmy Skye | Sanchez Villano

d59VdDO.jpgWM3O0si.jpgmNLfVkH.jpgb2MyJcy.jpgtWyxNN6.jpg

Sayeed Ali | Stanley Axis | T-Bone Bright | The Outlaw | Zach Rudge

Staff

Owner: Gil Thomas

Head Booker/Road Agent: Nemesis

Announcer: Moses Makesh

Colour Commentator: Luther Judge

Referee: Jeffrey Davis

Managers: Anslem Briggs, Billie Crystal, Clare South, Cindy

hTHi4Ry.jpg

IPW Championship

SCPr2Yd.jpg

Frantic Ali (4x) [December 2015-Present]

Previous Champions

8. Lil Henry (2x) [August 2015-December 2015]

7. Frantic Ali (3x) [November 2014-August 2015]

6. Hustle Muvva [December 2013-November 2014]

5. Masked Stranger [July 2013-December 2013]

4. Frantic Ali (2x) [November 2012-July 2013]

3. Lil Henry [May 2012-November 2012]

2. Frantic Ali [November 2011-May 2012]

1. Busta Capp [June 2011-November 2011]

UI6li3w.jpg

IPW Tag Team Championship

hM1QVKD.jpgFbzsGRa.jpg

E-Z & Sanchez Villano [December 2015-Present]

Previous Champions

8. Ash Barnaby & Zach Rudge [July 2015-December 2015]

7. Moroi (2x) & Babau (2x) [January 2015-July 2015]

6. Hellech (2x) & Pierrot (2x) [June 2014-January 2015]

5. The Outlaw & Deadly Deadshot [March 2014-June 2014]

4. Hellech & Pierrot [May 2013-March 2014]

3. Moroi & Babau [August 2012-May 2013]

2. Aces High & Cali Slick [February 2012-August 2012]

1. Gravedigga & Mobstar [August 2011-February 2012]

R6x3WcN.jpg

IPW Californian Championship

mNLfVkH.jpg

T-Bone Bright (2x) [January 2016-Present]

Previous Champions

11. The Outlaw (2x) [November 2015-January 2016]

10. T-Bone Bright [July 2015-November 2015]

9. The Outlaw [February 2015-July 2015]

8. Fiasco Fierce (3x) [september 2014-February 2015]

7. Masked Stranger [February 2014-September 2014]

6. Lug Phelan [July 2013-February 2014]

5. BB Colossus [April 2013-July 2013]

4. Fiasco Fierce (2x) [October 2012-April 2013]

3. Hustle Muvva [July 2012-October 2012]

2. Fiasco Fierce [March 2012-July 2012]

1. Deaf Touch [september 2011-March 2012]

2uLk9fF.jpg

IPW returns to The Snake Pit in downtown Los Angeles for Unbreakable V, the company's mid-season finale. Fans are encouraged to wear clothing they don't mind getting a little blood on because ringside is expected to be a splash zone. All three championships will be on the line, with the show headlined by Frantic Ali vs Lil Henry in a Barbed Wire Board Match. Plus, Hustle Muvva clashes with The Dark Watch in a six-man tag with two partners who have yet to been named. More surprises are in store, so be sure to come on out and support some of L.A's finest.

hTHi4Ry.jpg

Barbed Wire Board Match

Frantic Ali © vs Lil Henry

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Dark Watch [Aldous Blackfriar, Babau & Moroi] vs Hustle Muvva, ??? & ???[/b]

R6x3WcN.jpg

West Coast Street Fight

The Outlaw © vs T-Bone Bright

UI6li3w.jpg

Tag Team Match

Mexican Hardcore Killers [E-Z & Sanchez Millano] © vs Ash Barnaby & Zach Rudge

Also Scheduled to Appear: Keiji Nakano, Masked Stranger, New Debutantes, and more!

I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

Barbed Wire Board Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Dark Watch [Aldous Blackfriar, Babau & Moroi] vs Hustle Muvva, ??? & ???

West Coast Street Fight

Tag Team Match

Also Scheduled to Appear: Keiji Nakano, Masked Stranger, New Debutantes, and more!

Barbed Wire Board Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

West Coast Street Fight

Tag Team Match

<p>Good start. Good luck.</p><p> </p><p>

Barbed Wire Board Match</p><p>

<strong>Frantic Ali</strong> © vs Lil Henry</p><p>

Ali all the way.</p><p> </p><p>

Six Man Tag Team Match</p><p>

The Dark Watch [Aldous Blackfriar, Babau & Moroi] vs <strong>Hustle Muvva, ??? & ???</strong></p><p>

Always got to go with the question marks.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

West Coast Street Fight</p><p>

<strong>The Outlaw</strong> © vs T-Bone Bright</p><p>

Not expecting a title change on the very first show.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>Mexican Hardcore Killers [E-Z & Sanchez Millano]</strong> © vs Ash Barnaby & Zach Rudge</p><p>

Easy win.</p>

bz7zde3.jpg2uLk9fF.jpgUSRUhfa.jpg

TEW.com Exclusive: New Interfed Alliance Announced

W/W1/January 2016

New lines have been drawn in the American Independent scene following the press conference this Wednesday evening put on by owners Puerto Rican Power, Gil Thomas, and Mitch Naess, owners of the companies Freedom Championship Wresling, Invicible Pro Wrestling, and Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling respectively. The newly formed alliance, dubbed The Blood Circuit by IPW's head booker Nemesis, will be a talent-trading partnership between the three companies who feel they have been alienated from the Confederation of the Territories given their style of wrestling. With that said, it was heavily emphasized that they were not seeking any sort of conflict with the COTT members, and as we reported on earlier in the week, IPW has already struck up new working agreements with several of the companies. The full list is as follows: ACPW, 4C, CZCW, MAW, WEXXV, and ZEN.

Also announced at the press conference is the first talent exchange as part of the new partnership. Puerto Rican Power announced that he would be traveling north to challenge PSW's Grandmaster Phunk for his PSW Championship on the first Saturday of the month at the company's Borderline show. IPW's Unbreakable V will be hosted that same evening, so its not expected that any of the West Coast crew will be headed to Pennsylvania this go around, but Nemesis has promised that talent from both companies will be seen in Los Angeles before too long, maybe as early as next month.

SWF's owner, Jerry Eisen, tweeted out in response to this event announcing that his company would never work with disloyal men like Nemesis, along with a few more choice words that we have chosen to omit from this article. Time will tell over the next few months and years what other companies might join the fold with this new group.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Appreciate all of the participation already as well as the wishes of good luck. Plan is to post on Saturday or Sunday, so more predictions are welcome up until that point. I have a wrestler produced show penciled in for the second week of February, so whoever has the best prediction record after Unbreakable V and Hardcore Havoc will get to provide input on the card (wrestlers you'd like to see booked, dream indy matches, etc).

Barbed Wire Board Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

West Coast Street Fight

Tag Team Match

2uLk9fF.jpg

IPW Unbreakable V

Saturday/Week 1/January 2016

The Snake Pit, Los Angeles, California

783 Fans

O8qAh8k.jpgqw2T8au.jpg

Luther Judge: Welcome, one and all, to the fifth installment of Unbreakable. Invincible Pro Wrestling has changed a lot of these last few years, but that unwavering physicality has never been lost by the competitors on this roster.

Moses Makesh: Although some of them might regret it after tonight. Even the standard contests come with its unrestricted brutality, but Frantic Ali and Lil Henry are taking their bitter rivalry to a whole other level as they meet tonight in a Barbed Wire Board Match.

Luther Judge: Our two other championships will be on the line as well, along with a six-man tag team match between Blackfriar’s Night Watch and Hustle Muvva’s throw-together collective. You hear anything on the streets about who would risk their neck to team with Hustle tonight?

Moses Makesh: Not a thing, Luther; everyone in management has been tight-lipped since the new year started, but that changes tonight, right now!

EIrDu4D.jpgmfW2ZsC.jpg

The familiar theme hits the PA system in The Snake Pit and the crowd quickly find their feet to greet IPW’s commissioner, Nemesis, accompanied by Southern California wrestling personality, Clare South. The former DAVE champion towered over his companion, who clung to his arm with a warm smile on her face as they linger at the entrance. Microphone in hand already, the commissioner doesn’t bother to walk all the way to the ring as he greets the crowd.

Nemesis: The New Year often marks a period in our lives where we vow to change something about ourselves moving forward, and we here in IPW are no different in that regard. In twenty-fifteen, we gave you all some damn fine wrestling, but we do not intend to settle for fine. Tonight, I vow to you all that twenty-sixteen will mark the beginning of Invincible Pro becoming the best wrestling in all of South West, and then the country. I have no doubt that the men on this roster are capable of doing just that, but in an effort to speed up the process, I’ve reached out to some of SoCal’s greatest make IPW a premiere destination in the wrestling scene. Stiff competition breeds sheer excellence, and I have no doubt that this first arrival is one of the hardest hitting in the business. Jeffrey Davis, get your ass to the ring! We’ve got us the opening contest, and I’m proud to introduce the first competitor.

u4ecUva.jpg

Luther Judge: Frankie Perez is in the building, Moses! Nemesis wasn’t kidding if the rest of his new signees are at the same caliber as this one.

Moses Makesh: And here comes the man in the back who drew the short straw, The Masked Stranger. This man is a former IPW Champion, Luther, you’d never know that if you just went off the crowd’s reaction right now. Mikey James himself could’ve walked through that curtain and it wouldn’t have swayed anyone. They are Perez’ tonight.

Opening Match

Singles Match

S5L4bv2.jpgiC2OR2E.jpg

Frankie “Kill Switch” Perez vs The Masked Stranger

The contest between these two men was closer in the beginning than the crowd gave Stranger credit for. The masked man controlled the early minutes with flashes of technical wrestling, but once Perez delivered the first shoot kick, Stranger was put onto his back foot for the rest of the match. Perez earned a few near falls with some very frightening suplexes, and he even busted out his old-partner’s Scything Side Kick that very nearly finished Stranger. Masked Stranger fought back in the latter, and nearly stole the victory with a schoolboy, but it was Perez’ muscle buster in the eleventh minute that sealed the deal.

Result: Frankie Perez d. The Masked Stranger (Perfect Parity, 10:38)

Rating: C-

Luther Judge: A hard fought contest by The Masked Stranger, but nothing was getting the way of a successful debut for the Kill Switch. . . and, oh my goodness, Moses, listen to that music! The Cali Dragon theme!

Moses Makesh: Nearly twenty years ago, John Campbell walked out of SWF and now he has convinced one of SoCal’s finest sons to do the same. The curtains are parting and . . . wait, who let him in.

Luther Judge: I take it all back about premiere signings, because this man is anything but premiere.

Singles Match

S5L4bv2.jpgvDtwdk6.jpg

Keiji “Avalanche” Takano vs Lucas Danger

The fastest way to kill a crowd like the one here tonight was to put someone like Lucas Danger in front of him. After sauntering into the Snake Pit to Mikey Jame’s old theme, the crowd absolutely unloaded on the former backyard wrestler and never relented during this entire match. Thankfully, Keiji Takano made this a quick one, absolutely beating Danger down for just under five minutes before tapping him out in the Takano Crossface

Result: Keiji Takano d. Lucas Danger (Takano Crossface, 4:59)

Rating F [Author’s Note: Yikes]

Luther Judge: Well, its gonna take a lot to recover these fans after that shocking debut. If we never see Lucas Danger in an IPW ring ever again, it might still not be soon enough.

Moses Makesh: I got a feeling that the next four men have it in them to get the adrenaline pumping inside The Snake Pit again. This next contest, which is for the IPW Tag Team Championship, is a rematch from Christmas Chaos last month.

3jlZwXz.jpgtWyxNN6.jpgZCOWKBl.jpg

Ash Barnaby and Zach Rudge make their entrance first, accompanied by an unfamiliar face, CZCW superfan Billie Krystal, in tow. The former Paratroopers slap hands on their way down to the ring while Krystal follows just behind, just out of reach of the outstretched arms. She flashes a few smiles to fans in the front row before circling to the opposite side of the ring. Their music fades out, but the follow-up theme doesn’t come. Instead, E-Z and Sanchez Villano made a muted entrance, a microphone in the latter’s hand. E-Z holds both championships to the ceiling as the fans lay on the boos, trying to drown out Sanchez’ nasally voice over the PA system.

hM1QVKD.jpgFbzsGRa.jpg

Sanchez Villano: Ey mamacita, I think you might be thick in the head or something if you think these two puntos are the kind of boys you want to be hanging with. They ain’t champions. They couldn’t last a week in that company you love so much. And most importantly, they ain’t the Mexican Hardcore Killers. You’d be better off in our company, because you best believe my hermano E-Z and I know how to treat the ladies right. As long as their good on their kn—

Villano couldn’t finish his statement as they reached ringside because Barnaby and Rudge cut the champions off with tandem suicide dives. Jeffrey Davis would call for the bell from there.

UI6li3w.jpg

Tag Team Match

3jlZwXz.jpgtWyxNN6.jpgS5L4bv2.jpghM1QVKD.jpgFbzsGRa.jpg

Ash Barnaby & Zach Rudge w/ Billie Crystal vs Mexican Hardcore Killers [E-Z & Sanchez Villano] ©

These four men went out and had a very solid match over the Tag Team titles, brawling around the ring and reviving the crowd with an infusion of dare-devilish antics. Their young, so the execution was off at certain points in the contest, but they all have the makings to being the backbone of the tag division moving forward in the company if they keep at their craft. E-Z would secure the pinfall after a particularly vicious Curb Stomp, earning him and his partner their first successful defense of their titles.

Result: Mexican Hardcore Killers d. Barnaby & Rudge (Curb Stomp, 9:48)

Rating: D-

Luther Judge: Now that’s the kind of contest these fans came here to see tonight, Moses. Four young, brash kids beating the ever-living sense out of each other.

Moses Makesh: I have no doubt, then, that the next contest will scratch that same itch as we sit back and watch our Californian champion try to kick it West Coast style.

R6x3WcN.jpg

West Coast Street Fight

mNLfVkH.jpgS5L4bv2.jpgb2MyJcy.jpg

T-Bone Bright vs The Outlaw ©

Truth be told, there’s little difference between a standard IPW match and a West Coast Street Fight since neither one can end in disqualification, but neither one of these men gave anyone in the crowd a chance to question any of it. They brawled across every inch of the Snake Pit for the first seven minutes before finally taking the match to the ring, neither man seizing the momentum for more than a few moments. Bright’s sudden T-Bone lariat caught everyone off guard in the twelfth minute, none more so than The Outlaw himself, and Jeffrey Davis could’ve counted to ten without any response from the champion, making the former football player a two-time champion.

Result: T-Bone Bright d. The Outlaw (T-Bone Lariat, 12:13)

Rating: D-

Luther Judge: My God, what a lariat. T-Bone walked into his rematch against The Outlaw and absolutely brought the Texan a fight that won’t be forgotten.

Moses Makesh: But don’t sell the former champion short, The Outlaw gave as good as he got tonight. I have no doubt that their rubber match, whenever its scheduled, is gonna top them all.

fSqFuzs.jpgxDKzGDo.jpgXUH2S2b.jpg

The Broadcast Team is cut off by the entrance of Aldous Blackfriar’s stable, The Dark Watch. Babau and Moroi enter first, forcing the fans to retract their arms from the aisle for fear of getting smacked by their hatchets and cleavers, allowing their leader to enter unmolested afterwards. They climb into the ring, patiently waiting the arrival of their opponent for the evening and his mysterious partners. A moment later, Hustle Muvva steps out to his music, alone with a microphone in hand.

zZxqUGm.jpg

Hustle Muvva: The Muv has to hand it to you, Al; you and your masked thugs behind you are some scary mofos. So frightening, in fact, that he couldn’t get anyone back there in the locker room to stand up against you these last few months. But did that faze the Muv? Naw, he did what he does best: hustle. He hit the streets, letting it be known that there’s a fight to be had here in IPW. And you know, it really is crazy who you might stumble across when you turn the corner in this city.

Two men step out together, moving to stand on either side of Hustle. They pose for a moment, before bolting to the ring at a full-on sprint.

rygzdLo.jpgd59VdDO.jpg

Luther Judge: Remmy Skye! Sayeed Ali! That’s all I can even spit out before they can get to the ring.

Moses Makesh: What else could we even say? The fight to come will tell a better story than we can.

Six Man Tag Team Match

fSqFuzs.jpgxDKzGDo.jpgXUH2S2b.jpg

S5L4bv2.jpg

zZxqUGm.jpgrygzdLo.jpgd59VdDO.jpg

The Dark Watch [Aldous Blackfriar, Babau & Moroi] vs Hustle Muvva, Remmy Skye & Sayeed Ali w/ Cindy

These six men put on the match of the night for the next fourteen minutes, putting on a true SoCal performance, mixing hard-hitting brawling with high-flying flash that was jaw-dropping when conducted right. The Dark Watch fought on their back foot for most of the match, struggling to counter Muvva’s two surprise opponents’ intensity. The finish came down to Aldous and Hustle in the ring, with the former intentionally getting counted out after escaping to the locker room before Muvva could pin him. This war between the two men was far from settled after tonight.

Result: Hustle Muvva, Remmy Skye & Sayeed Ali d. The Dark Watch (Count Out, 13:29)

Rating: C-

Luther Judge: What a match, Moses, and what a pair of signings. Frankie Perez, Remmy Skye, Sayeed Ali, even The Muv himself . . . Frantic Ali has got more men who could challenge him these days than I think he would wish for.

Moses Makesh: I bet you he isn’t thinking about any of that, though. Not until he gets through this next battle with long-time rival, Lil Henry.

hTHi4Ry.jpg

Main Event

Barbed Wire Board Match

Elk8ofn.jpgS5L4bv2.jpgSCPr2Yd.jpg

Lil Henry w/ Anslem Briggs vs Frantic Ali ©

Despite having Anslem Briggs in his corner, Lil Henry fought IPW champion Frantic Ali in a hard-hitting contest that notably lacked any significant amount of outside interference. The only thing that got in the way of these two men was barbed wire as they tossed, slammed, and spiked each other into the ripping strands repeatedly for the next fourteen minutes. While it didn’t quite live up to the match before it, this contest was more than enough to send the fans home happy. Frantic Ali even got the pop of the night after he lifted his three-hundred and seventy-five-pound opponent onto his shoulders and drove him through an elevated board with his signature Death Valley Driver. There was no kicking out for Lil Henry after that.

Result: Frantic Ali d. Lil Henry (Death Valley Driver, 14:16)

Rating: D

Luther Judge: Another chapter has been written in these man’s storied rivalry, Moses, and it has been signed in blood here tonight.

Moses Makesh: And with the big man put away for now, Frantic Ali can now turn his attention to the queue of challengers who have walked into this company here tonight. Until next time, I’m Moses Makesh, this is my partner Luther Judge, and we wish you a good—wait, that music, Luther.

Luther Judge: A theme we haven’t heard in years. The curtain’s parting, I think I can see him just beyond . . . YES! I’d know those sunglasses anywhere.

SCPr2Yd.jpg5VzcGsI.jpg

Moses Makesh: Cali Slick has returned to IPW, Luther. Never thought I’d ever say those words/

Luther Judge: Frantic Ali, bloodied and bruised, is already squaring up for a fight, but it doesn’t look like Slick is here for one. At least, not yet. Just a stare-down for now. Tune in next time to see just how the IPW Champion handles all of the new developments moving forward.

Show Rating: D

Bigelow Cartwheel 3/4

siah463 3/4

Dark_Raider 3/4

Historian 2/4

smw88 2/4

joshbrady91 2/4

TheLeviticalLawKid3 2/4

Author's Note: Took a few extra days, but finally got it posted. Thanks again for all the participation thus far.

TEW.com Recap: Around the Wrestling World, January 2016

M/W1/February 2016

wBIfsr9.jpg

Champagne Lover’s new Film Role

South of the Border’s Champagne Lover announced on social media that he had been cast in Viaje, an upcoming sci-fi blockbuster about Mexico’s budding Space Program. Lover and his employers have both been sparse on details about when he will begin filming, so as not to spoil the inevitable Campeonato del Mundo title change, but we’ve received an anonymous tip that it will be within the next three months. Only time will tell whether the company will use this opportunity to elevate a new name by having them unseat the six-time champion or take a more conservative approach with an already established name

GPFcom3.jpg

TEW’s Event of the Month Spotlight: NOTBPW Big City Brawl

Over twenty-three thousand fans in Saskatchewan were blessed this month with a spectacular show from top to bottom this month as The Stone Family’s employees showed why they’re considered some of the best wrestlers in the Western Hemisphere. Tim Westybrook defended his Canadian Title against Steve DeColt and Duane Stone bested Johnny Bloodstone in the co-main event in two spectacular matches, with Sean McFly’s opener against Mark Griffin trailing only slightly behind in quality. Our analysts on this website gave this show an A+ rating, the only of its kind for the month.

The full card is as follows:

Sean McFly d. Mark Griffin [b+]

The Can-Am Blondes [Owen Love & The Natural] d. Alexander Robinson & Lee Bennett

Harlem Haynes & Omar Brown d. The Aces [Jared Johnson & Julian Watson] [C+]

Derek Frost, Flash Savage & Mountie Mann d. Harrison Hash, Mighty Cavanagh & Shooter Sean Deeley

Cameron Vessey, Gentleman Jim King & John Maverick d. Erik Strong, Jacob Jett & Sonny Wildside [b-]

NOTBPW Women’s: Brooke Tyler © d. Sally Anne Christianson [C+]

Duane Stone d. Johnny Bloodstone [A]

NOTBPW Canadian: Tim Westybrook © d. Steve DeColt [A]

32visne.jpg2vTmm5C.jpg

New COTT Tag Team Champions Crowned

The Ring Generals were bested this past month in a Cage Match at 4C Presents…Cage Rage by the unlikely duo of Frankie Dee and Too Hot. This marks the first time in alliance’s short history that a non-established team will hold the championships together, so speculation is already rampant on how long the two former 4C champions will be able to coexist.

gO9hc3p.jpg

Cheetah Boy Wins the Eleventh Rip Chord Invitational

Mid-Atlantic veteran Cheetah Boy outlasted seven other men this past month to win the Rip Chord Invitational for the first time in his career. After picking up a surprise victory over heavy-favorite Nicholas Lopez, the reigning COTT champion, Cheetah would go on to overcome Greg Gauge in the semi-finals and George Wolfe in the finals. It was by far the toughest trio of contests in recent memory for the tournament winner. We are as of yet uncertain whether Cheetah’s victory over Lopez has earned him a future COTT championship opportunity, but it is certainly not out of the question.

Other Results

PSW Borderline, Saturday/W1

Johnny Martin d. Vendetta [E+]

Cerberus d. Xavier Reckless [D]

PSW National: Ernest Youngman © d. Antix [D+]

PSW Tag: The Philly Blondes [Ash Campbell & Nelson Callum] © d. Devil May Care [Acid II & Stuntman] [C-]

Dead Rage [Dead Bolt & Primal Rage] d. Jason Thunder & Lightning Lomas [D-]

PSW Championship: Grandmaster Phunk © d. Puerto Rican Power [D+]

FCW – FREEDOM Fighters, Friday/W2

Davis Wayne Newton d. Curtis Shaw [D-]

Joffy Laine & Kid Sid Juan d. The Wasteland Warriors [bull Wrecker & Mutant]

FCW People’s: Ox Mastadon © d. Island Boy Apollo [D]

Handsome Stranger d. Leper Messiah [D]

FCW Puerto Rico: Hell’s Bouncer © d. Rudy Velasquez [C-]

GSW The Underground 2016, Friday/W3

GSW West Coast: Aces High © d. Devyn Retribution [D-]

Drop Kix & Top Dolla d. Cheech Kong & Magwitch [E+]

Rich and Famous [Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol] d. Brown Pride [LatiNoFear & MexiCain] [D]

Masked Cougar d. Fro Sure [C]

GSW American BB Colossus d. Boneyard [E+]

I appreciate the around the world update for January! It's nice to know what is happening and stay up to date.

Its always my favorite part about this game, watching the world development in its unique way over time. As for this kind of recap, I plan on touching on a few things every time (event of the month, the results of my alliance partners and rivals, etc) as well as a few of the one-time occurrences that happen. I'll try my best not to get bogged down at any point with an overload of information in these recaps, but at any point along the way I'll update people on individuals wrestlers, companies, or just random tidbits about the game world if people are interested. It is an IPW diary first and foremost, but I love talking about what the AI and the RNG cooks up too.

The scene opens in what appears to be an abandoned factory or steelworks. Dust floated in the air and patches of light from the full moon outside illuminated the wide expanse. Silence reigned for a few seconds before a voice begins to echo throughout the room, punctuated by the sound of a metal object tapping brick and concrete. Its hard to tell where its coming from.

“So many kinds of men have come into your little playground, and you’ve fought them off. Hustlers and little giants. Strangers and familiar faces.”

The clanging intensifies, as does the labored breathing of the individual whose point of view that camera shares as it scans the shadows in search of the voice’s whereabouts.

“Even your new foes do not seem to faze you. Killers. Brutes. Men where the sky is their limit. You’re ready to take them all on with frantic fanaticism. I applaud that. I respect that. But I’m not the kind of person to stand aside when the opportunity is presented to cut the line first. So, tell me this, champ?”

The clanging fades away, replaced by a deafening voice that’s right behind the camera. It turns, catching glimpse of the figure for the briefest of seconds, blood across his face and a stained aluminum bat in his taped hands.

f65yv9l.jpg

The camera is knocked aside of a moment later, fading to black, but not before it captures the last snippet of audio.

“You think you can beat a Madman?”

Invincible Pro Wrestling will be returning to Los Angeles in the first week of February with Hardcore Havoc. Many fans were expecting Frantic Ali to be defending his championship against any one of the company’s newest signees, but after Hardcore Icon Madman Boone released the following vignette via PSW’s social media accounts, Nemesis proudly announced this championship bout. It’ll be Boone’s first appearance on the West Coast in over a decade, and he’s looking to beat Frantic Ali at his own game in IPW’s signature Street Fight stipulation.

Our more bloodthirsty fans will not be disappointed with Nemesis’ second announcement in the interim between shows: The Tournament of Death. Nine competitors will compete in a trio of triple threat matches in the first half of the show before the respective winners clash in the Main Event to crown the Tournament winner. Besides a trophy and bragging rights, the winner will also compete in March for the IPW Championship. PSW and FCW have both announced that they will be sending a representative to IPW, but it will not be revealed who they are until the tournament begins.

All of that and more, so come on out to Hardcore Havoc. The owners of the Snake Pit believed this kind of show to be too violent to be held in their venue, but Gil Thomas was able to negotiate with an abandoned property downtown whose owner won’t mind the bloodstains that we will no doubt leave.

Main Event

Tournament of Death Final

Barbed Wire Ropes Match

? vs ? vs ?

hTHi4Ry.jpg

West Coast Street Fight

Frantic Ali © vs Madman Boone

Tag Team Match

Coulrophobia [Hellech & Pierrrot] vs Deadly Deadshot & Stanley Axis

Singles Match

Cali Slick vs ?

Tournament of Death First Round Match

Thumbtack Weapons Deathmatch

Fiasco Fierce vs Sanchez Villano vs Sayeed Ali

Fans Bring The Weapons Match

E-Z vs Keiji Takano vs PSW Representive

Barbed Wire Board Match

Lil Henry vs Remmy Skye vs FCW Representative[/b]

Who is FCW Representative (1 Point):

Who is PSW Representative (1 Point):

Correctly predicting the winner of the Tournament is worth two points.

Overall winner from the first two shows gets to help me book the first wrestler produced show of the calendar year.

Main Event

Tournament of Death Final

Barbed Wire Ropes Match

Ash Campbell vs Leaper Messiah vs Sayeed Ali

A little nepotism, plus giving the win to one of the alliance members establish the strength of the alliance as opposed to bringing guys in just to put your own guys over.

West Coast Street Fight

Frantic Ali © vs Madman Boone

I'm waiting for the inevitable showdown between Ali and Slick or Ali and Ali!

Tag Team Match

Coulrophobia [Hellech & Pierrrot] vs Deadly Deadshot & Stanley Axis

Gotta go for the crazy masked clowns.

Singles Match

Cali Slick vs ?

Slick is a huge signing, stealing him away from GSW, he should already be a main eventer for you and has all the potentail in the world.

Thumbtack Weapons Deathmatch

Fiasco Fierce vs Sanchez Villano vs Sayeed Ali

I love the East Side Assassin.

Fans Bring The Weapons Match

E-Z vs Keiji Takano vs Ash Campbell

Nemesis brings his son in, one of PSW's biggest stars and lets him get some love.

Barbed Wire Board Match

Lil Henry vs Remmy Skye vs Leaper Messiah

With the new-found alliance, I think the person from FCW should get a win the first time.

Who is FCW Representative (1 Point): Leaper Messiah

Who is PSW Representative (1 Point): Ash Campbell

Correctly predicting the winner of the Tournament is worth two points.