How often do you read about other promotions?

I very rarely look at the news updates or search other promotions for story lines or increase in popularity etc, and due to this I feel like I only have a wwe save running, as opposed to it being in a world of other promotions also progressing

Do other people look in at what companies are up to? Does it affect how you play in any way?

I would imagine it makes it feel that bit more immersive if you do keep up to date with what happens elsewhere

<p>I look at my competition on the 1st of each month. For example, right now I'm at war with several promotions</p><p> </p><p>

1. All-Total Japan Pro Wrestling</p><p>

2. New Japan Pro Wrestling</p><p>

3. American Championship Wrestling</p><p>

4. Total Nonstop Action</p><p> </p><p>

I go over their title history and their BIG EVENT that month.</p><p> </p><p>

For smaller promotions, I will look every four months or so (specifically at whatever tag teams they might have that I can sign to a PPA). I sign a lot of tag teams to PPA so they will remain in their home promotion and I can help them grow popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

Otherwise, I never look at anything. Just my rivals.</p>

I pay close attention to my rivals' shows and champs, see what they're doing, see how well their offerings are going down, study their workers to figure out if they're declining or in their prime, who might be worth stealing.

I browse less directly involved promotions as the mood strikes, maybe every few months, a couple of them just never.

No. The AI is just too dumb for that and I rarely look and take interest. In WMMA it is a little bit more cool to see what's going on, but even then the feeling of just being in a world of one promotion is still fairly prominent.

And I'm not really complaining about that, because it's fine, but I do wish there was some sort of thing that draws you in to the world besides looking at results. I will say though that contract negotiations are fairly tough most of the time, which is absolutely not the case in WMMA so it's cool to see who goes where.

No. The AI is just too dumb for that and I rarely look and take interest. In WMMA it is a little bit more cool to see what's going on, but even then the feeling of just being in a world of one promotion is still fairly prominent.

And I'm not really complaining about that, because it's fine, but I do wish there was some sort of thing that draws you in to the world besides looking at results. I will say though that contract negotiations are fairly tough most of the time, which is absolutely not the case in WMMA so it's cool to see who goes where.

Unfortunately I think what you are saying is the less you dig into the game, the more you enjoy it. The more you dig into it, it exposes the lack of an intelligent or realistic A.I.? I'm confident that is going to change in 2020.

Unfortunately I think what you are saying is the less you dig into the game, the more you enjoy it. The more you dig into it, it exposes the lack of an intelligent or realistic A.I.? I'm confident that is going to change in 2020.

I hope so, because he's not wrong.

The AI is borderline retarded most of the time.

You do tend to see the same match over and over again, which can get frustrating if you're directly competing with a promotion that gives away 99s on TV between main eventers week in and week out.

Yeah and the "Best" rated events are all TV tapings, Smackdown gets an A* and Wrestlemania gets a B-

I check on other companies when i have patience, mostly out of curiosity of what idiotic decisions they will make. :D As for the news reports, the lay-out is atrocious and doesn't facilitate reading all those news, so I don't read them all. The internet section needs a major update and I have some hopes that could happen in TEW 2020. Here is hoping to that. Because at this time it's all very robotic and misses some "personality". A more modern version of the EWR net screens would be top notch.

<p>In my current save (AEW, June 2020 as of this post), I check the news daily, for a few reasons. First, I want to see who's up for contract extensions and/or leaving elsewhere so I can determine if they fit into what I want with AEW. Second, it's fun to see who retires. Recently, Hogan decided to retire at 66.</p><p> </p><p>

Outside of that, I do skim WWE's Raw, SmackDown and PPV events to see what is going on. So far, nothing obscure, like in a WCW '91 game I did, where Bushwhacker Luke had a WWF IC title run.</p><p> </p><p>

I hope in TEW 2020, the AI is smarter. Seems that will be the case. Currently, WWF uses John Cena, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker weekly, despite their semi-active status.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Levinux" data-cite="Levinux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47279" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope in TEW 2020, the AI is smarter. Seems that will be the case. Currently, WWF uses John Cena, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker weekly, despite their semi-active status.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think 2020 will offer database makers a lot more tools to prevent things like this. The attribute tags seem like they will offer a much great degree of customization for mod makers which should result in better AI booking.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Levinux" data-cite="Levinux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47279" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope in TEW 2020, the AI is smarter. Seems that will be the case. Currently, WWF uses John Cena, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker weekly, despite their semi-active status.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> People who want the AI to be more competitive would likely point out that it's absolutely the smartest move (and exactly what a lot of players do) for the AI to use those sort of guys. They're on huge contracts and are a good source of ratings, leaving them on the sidelines is strategically not a smart move at all. I can't please both the "realism at all costs" camp and the "competitive AI" camp in situations like that as it's two completely opposite approaches.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47279" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>People who want the AI to be more competitive would likely point out that it's absolutely the smartest move (and exactly what a lot of players do) for the AI to use those sort of guys. They're on huge contracts and are a good source of ratings, leaving them on the sidelines is strategically not a smart move at all. I can't please both the "realism at all costs" camp and the "competitive AI" camp in situations like that as it's two completely opposite approaches.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Completely understandable and was a poor example on my part.</p>

<p>While a more competitive AI is obviously needed and we hope TEW 2020's improvements will be good on that part, the AI pushing part-time legends weekly is actually a smart move and good business. The AI pushing guys that never got pushed in real life is also one of the reasons we play the game. To change things like that and push people who would have never had a chance, regardless of good or bad skills. </p><p> </p><p>

I don't mind any of that, but within reason of course. So here's hoping the new updates bring some good news into the fold, but realism at all costs is just not my cup of tea, as I play games for all sorts of scenarios, including the "ridiculous" ones. But obviously a more competitive AI is always the goal we players want to see achieved, I think we can all agree on that.</p>

<p>My problem with the AI pushing part-time legends is that they don't ever take age into account. Yes. John Cena is moreover then Adam Cole right now but in ten years, Adam Cole is going to be 40 and John Cena is going to be 52.</p><p> </p><p>

I feel like my main problem with the AI pushing legends is that the AI never seems to run into time decline issues. If I tried to push a 52-year-old Cena, it'd most likely be a disaster but it always works out for the AI and that's annoying.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47279" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My problem with the AI pushing part-time legends is that they don't ever take age into account. Yes. John Cena is moreover then Adam Cole right now but in ten years, Adam Cole is going to be 40 and John Cena is going to be 52.<p> </p><p> I feel like my main problem with the AI pushing legends is that the AI never seems to run into time decline issues. If I tried to push a 52-year-old Cena, it'd most likely be a disaster but it always works out for the AI and that's annoying.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Time decline isn't an issue for a pop>perf promotion...</p><p> </p><p> You're ignoring reality a bit here. Chris Jericho is about to be 50 and is nowhere near is good as his prime. He would 100% be deep into time decline on the TEW scale. AEW is having absolutely no issue pushing him.</p><p> </p><p> Terry Funk, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker wrestled way past their primes and had not an issue because they were over.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47279" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My problem with the AI pushing part-time legends is that they don't ever take age into account. Yes. John Cena is moreover then Adam Cole right now but in ten years, Adam Cole is going to be 40 and John Cena is going to be 52.<p> </p><p> I feel like my main problem with the AI pushing legends is that the AI never seems to run into time decline issues. If I tried to push a 52-year-old Cena, it'd most likely be a disaster but it always works out for the AI and that's annoying.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47279" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Time decline isn't an issue for a pop>perf promotion...<p> </p><p> You're ignoring reality a bit here. Chris Jericho is about to be 50 and is nowhere near is good as his prime. He would 100% be deep into time decline on the TEW scale. AEW is having absolutely no issue pushing him.</p><p> </p><p> Terry Funk, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker wrestled way past their primes and had not an issue because they were over.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd like to second this. I've also seen, at least with the default CVerse data, that plenty of companies move on from stars when they start to deteriorate. Jack Bruce left SWF -- despite being mega popular, because his physical skills had left him unable to deliver even in SWF's pop > perf company. Wrestling companies, especially major ones will always hang on to stars for as long as they can as it helps them with the casual fan.</p>

To get back on the initial topic, I think for me it depensd on how big my company is. I tend to play as small companies (MAW/RMW, etc.) and build from there. When I'm small/running monthly shows/etc.. I tend to not keep up with what is going on in other companies. I multi advance between shows -- I'll read the headlines at the start of each month and I have guys shortlisted, but when you're doing tiny it doesn't really matter what SWF/USPW/TCW is doing unless it involves taking one of your talents.

As I grow in size and start to compete with other promotions, I start to pay attention to what is going on with the other companies. I have a much more vested interest in companies the bigger I get because I want to track who might become a star -- who to keep my eye on as a good poach.