Killing the Business Mod (HYPE for TEW 2020)

When adding your own pictures to the old one you you still have to match the style?

I like uniformity in my pics but unless you share your resources, maybe a Photoshop template, it would be difficult to get it just right. It's a personal preference, the sort of thing I assumed you were asking about.

Just to clarify the Killing the Business mod will feature the new pic style, i've put in thousands of hours to get this mod playing and looking the way it does and won't base my decision for the pic pack based on the fact that somebody cant be bothered to take 2 minutes to make a worker pic match the style.

I thought you wanted our feedback. Why lash out when we give it? If you won't base decisions about the pic pack on our feedback, why ask for it? If all you wanted was to show it off, you say "Here's new stuff" not "What do you think?"

I was trying to be helpful because I liked what you were doing, but now I feel like you were offended that I gave you what you asked for. I wasn't trying to shit on your work. In fact, I've been bragging about it for awhile.

Now I'll be very hesitant to give any feedback, as I feel like you only want praise. That's a really bad way to act & a disservice to the awesome work you've done.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like uniformity in my pics but unless you share your resources, maybe a Photoshop template, it would be difficult to get it just right. It's a personal preference, the sort of thing I assumed you were asking about.

I thought you wanted our feedback. Why lash out when we give it? If you won't base decisions about the pic pack on our feedback, why ask for it? If all you wanted was to show it off, you say "Here's new stuff" not "What do you think?"

I was trying to be helpful because I liked what you were doing, but now I feel like you were offended that I gave you what you asked for. I wasn't trying to shit on your work. In fact, I've been bragging about it for awhile.

Now I'll be very hesitant to give any feedback, as I feel like you only want praise. That's a really bad way to act & a disservice to the awesome work you've done.

I wasn't lashing out, sorry if I came across that way. I did ask for feedback/preference and the majority said the new pack so I decided to go with that.

The're is a link one or two pages back with a download link to template file.

As a little update iv now cut over 1000 images in the new style, I'd say I'm 50% done

They look good to me. Seems like you're really going above and beyond to make every component of the mod stand out!

That's the idea bud, we're going to be playing Tew 2020 for a good few years so I'm just trying to get everything looking as best I can in the build up

Those logos :eek: They are amazing.

I like the people picture design too, I'm a fan of people making their mods stand out from the crowd. Amazing work, and hopefully if I get some time (which as the UK grows nearer to full lockdown because idiots can't seem to stay in their houses off their own back is likely) I shall really have a proper game with this.

My advice, as I see it starting to slowly creep in with "what about adding" posts, is stick to your guns from your first post. Include what you know, and try not to over burden yourself with things you don't. Make the mod something you would play. Take it from someone who became so disillusioned with Real World updates that they nearly quit modding altogether.

The color scheme and skin looks awesome! I'd feel bad if I didn't let you know that it will not be compatible with TEW 2020.

Your pic packs with workers, logos, etc. will...but the graphic interface is changing greatly.

From the dev diary:

As we've confirmed before, TEW2020 is going to be at a 1366x768 resolution which means that it's physically wider than previous games. One of the things you'll notice when playing the game is that the extra space has been used to combine many screens into one. To give just one example, the Brands screen, which used to consist of many separate windows, is now housed entirely on one screen. This means less clicking for the user and is more intuitive as you'll have access to more information in one place.

TEW2020 will also feature the same sort of interface as WMMA5 given that that was so popular with people (if you haven't played WMMA5 you can see an example in screen shot #3 here). This means that there'll be a customisable control bar at the bottom of the screen where you can have quick links to various sections, jump to worker or company summaries, etc. This makes life a lot easier for the player as you can set it up, for example, so that you can go straight to your roster or past results without ever leaving the main web site screen. Again, this potentially saves you lots of clicking and is more intuitive.

The color scheme and skin looks awesome! I'd feel bad if I didn't let you know that it will not be compatible with TEW 2020.

Your pic packs with workers, logos, etc. will...but the graphic interface is changing greatly.

From the dev diary:

Big fan of the logo graphics and looking forward to checking out the database when 2020 drops.

As per the above, please feel free to let me know if you need help tweaking the skin to work with the new game!

I'm pretty certain you won't need it, as you'll have the assets already, but I haven't had an excuse to load up Photoshop in a while now. :)

From the dev diary:

Yeah cheers bud, I'm literally only knocked up a few screenshot to see how the worker pics and logos suit the colour scheme.

Big fan of the logo graphics and looking forward to checking out the database when 2020 drops.

As per the above, please feel free to let me know if you need help tweaking the skin to work with the new game!

I'm pretty certain you won't need it, as you'll have the assets already, but I haven't had an excuse to load up Photoshop in a while now. :)

That would be a great help, thanks. I'll give you a shout once we get our hands on the new game.

Those logos :eek: They are amazing.

I like the people picture design too, I'm a fan of people making their mods stand out from the crowd. Amazing work, and hopefully if I get some time (which as the UK grows nearer to full lockdown because idiots can't seem to stay in their houses off their own back is likely) I shall really have a proper game with this.

My advice, as I see it starting to slowly creep in with "what about adding" posts, is stick to your guns from your first post. Include what you know, and try not to over burden yourself with things you don't. Make the mod something you would play. Take it from someone who became so disillusioned with Real World updates that they nearly quit modding altogether.

Cheers bud, I only started this mod originally for personal use but I'm glad I opened it up to everybody, iv had some really useful feedback

fRFrgY1.png

WELL WELL WELL

Iv simmed around 25+ games over multiple years and never seen him win it once, strange but I like that, never know what will happen over the next few years. Can't wait for TEW 2020 now, everything's in place ready for the conversion. The graphics are coming along nicely and should be finished by the end of the week. Updated all the changes that have occurred this week, this morning. We're good to go.