Killing the Business Mod (HYPE for TEW 2020)

I PM'd you some of the AEW feedback yesterday. One thing I didn't realize until I tried booking was NJPW is a ridiculous pain. Basically, they were going to run every single day in March meaning Moxley was out for the entire month (Archer too) so I was going to have to start a new game and dump their NJPW contracts. I imagine this won't be a problem for the AI, but running AEW without Moxley is not fun.

I'll try to review this after Revolution tonight. But I'm actually happy with all of the wrestlers' stats in this (only looked at AEW). People aren't garbage! What a weird concept for a mod. A mod where it is fun to play. So, expect 10 pages of people whining about how the stats are all too high because "It has to be an unbearable grind and no one is great outside of a few people in WWE." is what everyone demands now for no good reason.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PM'd you some of the AEW feedback yesterday. One thing I didn't realize until I tried booking was NJPW is a ridiculous pain. Basically, they were going to run every single day in March meaning Moxley was out for the entire month (Archer too) so I was going to have to start a new game and dump their NJPW contracts. I imagine this won't be a problem for the AI, but running AEW without Moxley is not fun.

I'll try to review this after Revolution tonight. But I'm actually happy with all of the wrestlers' stats in this (only looked at AEW). People aren't garbage! What a weird concept for a mod. A mod where it is fun to play. So, expect 10 pages of people whining about how the stats are all too high because "It has to be an unbearable grind and no one is great outside of a few people in WWE." is what everyone demands now for no good reason.

Cheers bud. Yeah i watch every promotion thats in this mod except for Stardom and the in ring action in all of them is better than what wwe's guys put on 90% of the time.

I can see now that some stats are way off the mark, i dont know what i was thinking at the time but im not going to start lowering everybody and making them all terrible.

There was a comment further up the page about Dalton Castle being way over rated for having 80 in mat and chain wrestling. I think some people forget or dont know that he has over 10 years experience in amateur wrestling and has won varsity wrestling tournaments and has won Greco-Roman wrestling championships. He has competed three times on the NCAA All-State Team. He was also a member of Team USA for the 2010 World Championships.

I think an 80 on mat and chain wrestling is a minimum.

Regarding the NJPW, would setting their contracts to "Events only" work?

Agree on the stat front, having everything balanced is more important than deciding whether everyone is a 20 stat points above what they're used to.

Regarding the NJPW, would setting their contracts to "Events only" work?

Agree on the stat front, having everything balanced is more important than deciding whether everyone is a 20 stat points above what they're used to.

It wouldn't as all the NJPW shows are all 'events' I'm better giving them written deals with AEW and a 3 appearance loan at NJPW deal.

Cheers bud. Yeah i watch every promotion thats in this mod except for Stardom and the in ring action in all of them is better than what wwe's guys put on 90% of the time.

I can see now that some stats are way off the mark, i dont know what i was thinking at the time but im not going to start lowering everybody and making them all terrible.

There was a comment further up the page about Dalton Castle being way over rated for having 80 in mat and chain wrestling. I think some people forget or dont know that he has over 10 years experience in amateur wrestling and has won varsity wrestling tournaments and has won Greco-Roman wrestling championships. He has competed three times on the NCAA All-State Team. He was also a member of Team USA for the 2010 World Championships.

I think an 80 on mat and chain wrestling is a minimum.

That is a fair point. I would definitely have him quite high on those stats, 80 just jumped out at me in combination with his high mentals. That's a guy who I would want to hire for absolutely any company I was booking in the world. Is he that in real life? He's not very far off but there's question marks there.

You're definitely right in what you say about not lowering everybody and making them all suck though, especially non-WWE guys. There's an argument to be made that it's better to be overtuned than undertuned for gameplay reasons, I just think the ideal is somewhere in the middle.

I have not had a chance to have a look in terms of stats, they can often be very subjective anyways. I always base my initial thoughts by looking at popularity and I can see some issues there from my point of view. I'm not on my computer to just remembering off the top of my head but AEW is way too over.

I appreciate they are the "internet darlings" etc but you have them at 70 overness in the USA when you have WWE at 78. AEW run similar numbers to NXT which is a developmental brand. They run nowhere near the numbers of a Smackdown or a Raw so I think if WWE is a 78 then AEW should be a 60 at best. In the game it would be so easy to pretty much immediately take over WWE as the top company in the world which is not really happening any time soon.

This leads into the next point, first of all Goldberg segments have been really pulling up the Smackdown ratings recently so whether you like him or not he is a draw. This is why it surprised me when I saw his overness was 70.

Looking at some overness you have off the top of my head

WWE

Roman Reigns 70

AJ Styles 80

Goldberg 70

Orton 80

AEW

Moxley 80

Cody 70

Omega 70

So you are essentially saying that to the wider world Omega or Cody would have the same draw as a Reigns or a Goldberg?

Like it or not I know from my many years of doing TEW updates (And others seem to work the same way as me) a game world in the modern age has to be based around where someone would come into WWE at as they are far and away the industry leader.

With you overness ratings AJ and Orton would be seen as bigger draws than Goldberg and if Omega and Cody came into WWE they would immediately be the top stars which is not true.

Hope this helps and I am not trying to be hyper-critical but it will not be a realistic game world when the overness is so out of tune and would make taking over WWE with AEW a matter of months when in reality it will likely never happen.

I have not had a chance to have a look in terms of stats, they can often be very subjective anyways. I always base my initial thoughts by looking at popularity and I can see some issues there from my point of view. I'm not on my computer to just remembering off the top of my head but AEW is way too over.

I appreciate they are the "internet darlings" etc but you have them at 70 overness in the USA when you have WWE at 78. AEW run similar numbers to NXT which is a developmental brand. They run nowhere near the numbers of a Smackdown or a Raw so I think if WWE is a 78 then AEW should be a 60 at best. In the game it would be so easy to pretty much immediately take over WWE as the top company in the world which is not really happening any time soon.

This leads into the next point, first of all Goldberg segments have been really pulling up the Smackdown ratings recently so whether you like him or not he is a draw. This is why it surprised me when I saw his overness was 70.

Looking at some overness you have off the top of my head

WWE

Roman Reigns 70

AJ Styles 80

Goldberg 70

Orton 80

AEW

Moxley 80

Cody 70

Omega 70

So you are essentially saying that to the wider world Omega or Cody would have the same draw as a Reigns or a Goldberg?

Like it or not I know from my many years of doing TEW updates (And others seem to work the same way as me) a game world in the modern age has to be based around where someone would come into WWE at as they are far and away the industry leader.

With you overness ratings AJ and Orton would be seen as bigger draws than Goldberg and if Omega and Cody came into WWE they would immediately be the top stars which is not true.

Hope this helps and I am not trying to be hyper-critical but it will not be a realistic game world when the overness is so out of tune and would make taking over WWE with AEW a matter of months when in reality it will likely never happen.

Thanks for the feedback, it makes a lot of sense, I'll be updating again shortly, tho I'm out today.

Iv ran a few sims to see how wwe fair, the only company that gets close to challenging them are NJPW. I'll have to look into their starting popularity in the USA.

I'll definitely look to dropping AEW's popularity slightly I'm just hesitant to work on all the popularity until TEW 2020 is released and I can see how the new push system works out.

Couple of smaller updates to consider

Workers

Update name – “Jungle Boy” Nate Coy to “Jungle Boy” Jack Perry

Check Decline Age - Lance Archer showing as 8 years past his prime. EDIT: Opened a new save and he was getting the "early signs" spiel, so I am assuming it is set to random (I still think the game writes people off too early!)

Worker Relationships

Kenny Omega Strong Friendship with, Adam Page, Matt & Nick Jackson & Cody

Companies

AEW Contracts

Update name – Angel Ortiz to Ortiz

Random

Check viewership - My first Dynamite show had over 4 million (which seemed high) and WWE Raw had 25m. Not sure if both are too high??

This might just be TEW 2016 in general and something you can't balance because it has always been something i've noticed in RW mods. I could be underestimating the world wide popularity of wrestling mind you.

Couple of smaller updates to consider

Workers

Update name – “Jungle Boy” Nate Coy to “Jungle Boy” Jack Perry

Check Decline Age - Lance Archer showing as 8 years past his prime. EDIT: Opened a new save and he was getting the "early signs" spiel, so I am assuming it is set to random (I still think the game writes people off too early!)

Worker Relationships

Kenny Omega Strong Friendship with, Adam Page, Matt & Nick Jackson & Cody

Companies

AEW Contracts

Update name – Angel Ortiz to Ortiz

Random

Check viewership - My first Dynamite show had over 4 million (which seemed high) and WWE Raw had 25m. Not sure if both are too high??

This might just be TEW 2016 in general and something you can't balance because it has always been something i've noticed in RW mods. I could be underestimating the world wide popularity of wrestling mind you.

The whole viewership ratings are a TEW thing, we'll never get them to match real life, i'll update everything else mentioned.

The whole viewership ratings are a TEW thing, we'll never get them to match real life, i'll update everything else mentioned.

Fair enough, I thought as much!

Do you want workers without pictures to be listed if we come across any or are you still working on that?

One random question...what is the idea behind having workers set as "Out of the Business"? My understanding is that this means they will never come back and will just sit there. Is it purely for title linages or HoF? On Hiatus means you can lure them back, so there is a chance they will become active again.

Fair enough, I thought as much!

Do you want workers without pictures to be listed if we come across any or are you still working on that?

One random question...what is the idea behind having workers set as "Out of the Business"? My understanding is that this means they will never come back and will just sit there. Is it purely for title linages or HoF? On Hiatus means you can lure them back, so there is a chance they will become active again.

The pictures are still being worked on, you can filter in the editor 'has no picture'.

Yeah, out of the business is for HOF and HOI

<p>So I was bored at work so looking at north America only and not counting people like triple h and undertaker etc as they are high overness but not regular wrestler.s but would stays be a draw. did count brock and goldberg though as they are champion.. also didn't count ther likes of cm punk as not currently active. </p><p> </p><p>

So for me in regards to currently active workers north America only I got something like this. Note: this is only males</p><p> </p><p>

1. Brock lesnar</p><p>

2. Goldberg</p><p>

3. Roman reigns</p><p>

4.aj styles</p><p>

5. Randy orton</p><p>

6.seth Rollins</p><p>

7. Daniel bryan</p><p>

8. Chris Jericho</p><p>

9. Jon Moxley</p><p>

10. Drew McIntyre</p><p>

11. Bray wyatt </p><p>

12. Rey mysterio</p><p>

13. Kevin owens</p><p>

14. Cody</p><p>

15. Samoa joe</p><p>

16. Pac</p><p>

17. Kenny omega</p><p>

18. Jeff hardy</p><p>

19. Kofi Kingston</p><p>

20. The miz </p><p> </p><p>

This list is mostly in order although some when I was deciding a ball park overness had the same value so are only artificially above like 6 to 9 and 10 to 15 I'd have about equal on overness</p>

So I was bored at work so looking at north America only and not counting people like triple h and undertaker etc as they are high overness but not regular wrestler.s but would stays be a draw. did count brock and goldberg though as they are champion.. also didn't count ther likes of cm punk as not currently active.

So for me in regards to currently active workers north America only I got something like this. Note: this is only males

1. Brock lesnar

2. Goldberg

3. Roman reigns

4.aj styles

5. Randy orton

6.seth Rollins

7. Daniel bryan

8. Chris Jericho

9. Jon Moxley

10. Drew McIntyre

11. Bray wyatt

12. Rey mysterio

13. Kevin owens

14. Cody

15. Samoa joe

16. Pac

17. Kenny omega

18. Jeff hardy

19. Kofi Kingston

20. The miz

This list is mostly in order although some when I was deciding a ball park overness had the same value so are only artificially above like 6 to 9 and 10 to 15 I'd have about equal on overness

Id argue Jeff would be further up with Mysterio. Lots of non wresting fans/casuals still remember, know and pop for Mysterio and Hardy.

That looks pretty good but Daniel Bryan is far more popular of a name than AJ Styles and Rollins, so I'd change that

What needs to be taken into account I feel is card position too and consistently Bryan is bumped right down for example right now he's feuding with gulag.

Just a word on jeff hardy...he is not coming out much lower overness wise than rey... that is ther issue with things like this as so many around that area I would rate the same in terms of tew overness scale making a list could have 4th and 15 th for example only 3 or 4v overness points between them

What needs to be taken into account I feel is card position too and consistently Bryan is bumped right down for example right now he's feuding with gulag.

Just a word on jeff hardy...he is not coming out much lower overness wise than rey... that is ther issue with things like this as so many around that area I would rate the same in terms of tew overness scale making a list could have 4th and 15 th for example only 3 or 4v overness points between them

This is one of the reasons I'm going to leave overness until TEW2020 is released as it removes pushes.

Spoiler for AEW Revolution below. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

Okay, I finally got a chance to book Revolution with the mod with just a few changes. First, I tweaked the product to an equal fed instead of perf>pop plus putting Excalibur and Aubrey Edwards up to where I think they belong. The big one being that Dark Order's pop is way too low to defeat SCU, but it was the pre-show so it didn't really matter so 2 squashes featuring both teams were fine. The show went about as well as it did in real life so everyone freaking out at the ratings can calm down.

https://imgur.com/Jc9HQMJ

The only other thing that could use a tweak is Hangman's (and please change that to Hangman Page as it's really weird to see him listed as Adam) performance was way too low compared to the other 3. Matt was off which is why the best match I've ever seen that didn't involve Steamboat or Bret Hart only got a 94. This is the obligatory I've watched pro wrestling since 1980 comment. He clocked in at 63 or 67, and that was with his new above average rated gimmick.

The big problem is that about a third of the people booked on that show have gimmicks that they aren't suited for as the game kept pointing out, so that needs work. I really wish there was a way to check that in the editor, but there isn't. Basically, you're just going to have to start a new game and run 60-man battle royals or something to find out so you can change. It doesn't hurt their match/angle ratings though, but it is something that quickly becomes annoying.

And SCU really isn't a Proud Ethnic gimmick. Not exactly sure what it is, someone way smarter at this than me can tell you, but Proud & Powerful is way closer to that than SCU is.

So, big thanks for making this and continuing to tweak it as 2020 approaches.

Oh, and is Diamante not in the mod? I tried to find her but couldn't.

First of all, thanks for all the hard work. This mod looks like it could be my favorite RW and I can't wait to see the finished version on 2020

That said, I understand this is a beta version so there are some things that you haven't worked on yet. Still maybe this notes on the mexican scene might be helpful

CMLL

Sofía Alonso shouldn't be the owner. (Salvador) Chavo Lutterroth III should be the owner and Sofía can still be as a personality.

Místico still has his old Dragon Lee pic

On the topic of Místicos I think that the "top guy" spot on CMLL should be for Carístico (the first wwe sin cara) as he is probably one of the more over wrestlers in Mexico. Mistico II is still resisted by a large portion of the crowd.

I'd argue that Barbaro Cavernario deserves better stats as he is probably one of the better workers right now, specially his high flying.

Negro Casas and Blue Panther should be definitely ring generals in the promotion while Ciber and Gilbert not so much... on the same topic Shocker is listed as a show stopper but he is not at his best right now.. I'd say consider lowering his aerial stats

Atlantis (who should be the more over guy on the promotion) is missing as well as his son.

Some other top guys like Sansón and Forastero (Cuatrero's partners in NGD) are missing, as well as Blue panther's sons, Soberano Jr. , La Jarochita, Avispa Dorada, Hechicero are also missing.

I see most of the AAA roster is missing so I'm guessing that's still a work in progress.

Other notes

Dr. Wagner Jr's bio (and pic) say he's still a masked wrestler.

Sexy Star is also listed as masked.

LA Park, La parka (deceased) and hijo de LA PARK are all using pics of LA PARK.

El hijo del Santo has a son who goes by Santo Jr.

'A' Rated Worker Skills Overview

Brawling

Brock Lesnar

Hardcore

Mance Warner

Jimmy Havoc

Nick Gage

Puro

Hirooki Goto

Minoru Suzuki

Tomohiro Ishii

Technical

Zack Sabre Jr

Jonathan Gresham

Daniel Bryan

Ariel

Ricochet

Flip Gordon

Fénix

Will Ospreay

Psychology

Kazuchika Okada

Tetsuya Naito

Randy Orton

Jay Lethal

Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Dustin Rhodes

Toru Yano

Chris Jericho

Basics

Kazuchika Okada

Jay Lethal

Daniel Bryan

Dustin Rhodes

Seiya Sanada

Johnny Gargano

Marty Scurll

Colt Cabana

Alex Shelley

Christopher Daniels

Jonathan Gresham

Frankie Kazarian

Selling

(Nobody)

Charisma

John Cena

Tetsuya Naito

Chris Jericho

Sami Zayn

Aaron Stevens

Minoru Suzuki

Bray Wyatt

Ethan Carter III

Eli Drake

Enzo Amore

Paul Heyman

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Mic

John Cena

Tetsuya Naito

Chris Jericho

Aaron Stevens

Bray Wyatt

Ethan Carter III

Eli Drake

Enzo Amore

Paul Heyman

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Cody Rhodes

Bully Ray

The Miz

Menace

The Big Show

Braun Strowman

Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker

Star Quality

Brock Lesnar

John Cena

Chris Jericho

The Undertaker

Roman Reigns

Ethan Carter III

Randy Orton

Eli Drake

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Kazuchika Okada

Cody Rhodes

Adam Cole

Shinsuke Nakamura

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Bray Wyatt

Kevin Steen

Tetsuya Naito

Sex Appeal (Very subjective)

Becky Lynch

Alexa Bliss

Scarlett Bordeaux

Carmella

Taryn Terrell

Mandy Rose

Eva Marie

Maryse

Nikki Bella

Ashley Lane

Velvet Sky

Eve Torres

Brie Danielson

Tenille Dashwood

Alicia Fox

Lana

Melissa Santos

Renee Michelle

Crazy, I've done 20+ multi year sims and not seen him get wrestler of the year once. It tends to be Okada 80% of the time and Tanahashi the 20%

i wonder if it had something to do with me setting Omega and Hangman up as a tag team with good chemistry in the editor, they had a lot of matches together in the save.

not complaining, i think its cool to have someone else show up as WOTY (and TTOTY)

'A' Rated Worker Skills Overview

Brawling

Brock Lesnar - feel maybe this is a little high

Hardcore

Mance Warner

Jimmy Havoc - not for me..I think this is overstating him a bit

Nick Gage

Puro

Hirooki Goto

Minoru Suzuki

Tomohiro Ishii

Technical

Zack Sabre Jr

Jonathan Gresham

Daniel Bryan

Ariel

Ricochet

Flip Gordon - maybe a bit too soon for him to be an a as people need time to grow in the data for me especially younger workers

Fénix

Will Ospreay

Psychology

Kazuchika Okada

Tetsuya Naito

Randy Orton

Jay Lethal - shouldn't be this high he's not in top tier

Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Dustin Rhodes

Toru Yano

Chris Jericho

Basics

Kazuchika Okada

Jay Lethal - see my lethal comment above

Daniel Bryan

Dustin Rhodes

Seiya Sanada

Johnny Gargano

Marty Scurll

Colt Cabana

Alex Shelley

Christopher Daniels

Jonathan Gresham

Frankie Kazarian

Selling

(Nobody) - I would maybe put Ziggler here

Charisma

John Cena

Tetsuya Naito

Chris Jericho

Sami Zayn - too high

Aaron Stevens - too high

Minoru Suzuki

Bray Wyatt

Ethan Carter III - too high

Eli Drake - too high

Enzo Amore

Paul Heyman

Maxwell Jacob Friedman - slightly too high for me again someone young and needs time to grow

Mic

John Cena

Tetsuya Naito

Chris Jericho

Aaron Stevens - too high

Bray Wyatt

Eli Drake

Enzo Amore

Paul Heyman

Maxwell Jacob Friedman - see above comment in him

Cody Rhodes

Bully Ray- too high for me

The Miz

Menace

The Big Show

Braun Strowman

Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker

Star Quality

Brock Lesnar

John Cena

Chris Jericho

The Undertaker

Roman Reigns

Randy Orton

Eli Drake - too high

Maxwell Jacob Friedman - too high for previous reasons

Kazuchika Okada

Cody Rhodes - slightly too high

Adam Cole

Shinsuke Nakamura

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Bray Wyatt

Kevin Steen - should be much lower for me

Tetsuya Naito

Sex Appeal (Very subjective)

Becky Lynch

Alexa Bliss

Scarlett Bordeaux

Carmella

Taryn Terrell

Mandy Rose

Eva Marie

Maryse

Nikki Bella

Ashley Lane

Velvet Sky

Eve Torres

Brie Danielson

Tenille Dashwood

Alicia Fox

Lana

Melissa Santos

Renee Michelle

I didn't touch women as sex appeal is subjective..all stats are subjective but those are some of my thoughts. In particular it seems you overstate the abilities of ec3 a lot.. similar situation with mjf.. he's good but starting him this stage in his career as that would make him one if the worlds best which is not yet true I feel

Moxley I would maybe put a for charisma too